Stryker 1 1.92%
The Shadow King 1 1.92%
Other: please specify 1 1.92%
Omega Red 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #51
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Villain/s for First Class sequel?

Sentinals wouldnt work, because the new franchise is grounded in a sense of our timeline reality. Because this is the case robotics were nowhere near capable of suggesting we have sentinals until after the millenium of which would be around the time x-men 1 would of exisited in there universe.

The villian has to come from the enviroment they want to explore, say they make the next movie a year later in 1963 - you have the same cast of characters and similar themes running around that occured in the 60's. So you could explore more into how Magneto is a villian.

If it was me, i would be in favour of setting this movie in the 70's 8 years later than the previous film, as technology wise we just started into the computer era - im thinking of lists and mutant registration act. also the 70's was also known for fashion and style. Plus you have the phoenix story occuring in the x-men at the time. So if i was to say what villian i would like to see, i would say lets revisit The Phoenix Saga.

Think about it... Xavier in the original trilogy said when Jean was a child he put those blocks in place to stop her from becoming the most powerful phoenix persona. Xavier met her 30 years before last stand movie in 2006, in my calculation wouldnt that make it the 70's. Plus it would give Xavier and Eric a chance to work together again because they both know how powerful she is.

I would to see James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender recreate the scene at the begining of Last Stand. that would be awesome... then essentially re-release x-men last stand with that scene in it.

So anyway Phoenix saga and Mr.Sinister as a some kind of villian and story also featuring the early stages of the mutant registration act.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

1. Sentinels would work when there are mutants whose abilities allow them to have an unbelievable understanding of technology, like Forge.

2. I wouldn't mind having a good go at the Phoenix saga. But if you're going to keep The Last Stand in continuity, then you must remember he met Jean 20 years ago from the film's present, not 30. And Xavier was walking when he met Jean in that movie, whereas he's officially been paralyzed in First Class. Obviously, continuing from the history the third film created would not work. It would have to be rewritten. Which it should be, frankly.

The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #53
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think retro robot Sentinels would look cool. Like the iron giant

Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Totally.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #55
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

your ruining the franchise

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #56
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Totally.
yeah! I agree!

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #57
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
your ruining the franchise
Yes, I am, even though I have no influence what-so-ever on the creative minds behind the franchise. The Last Stand and Wolverine are responsible for that, I think, which is why First Class ignored them completely. They should keep going on that.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #58
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I think revisiting mutant experimentation would be not ruining the franchise but keeping it as lame as it's been. We've already had 3 X-movies heavy on it, and only one of them, X2, was good; probably because it was subtle experimenting/brainwashing.

Robotic tyrants that hunt down mutants is in no way a ruin for the franchise.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #59
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus

This is a thought I had, but what about Sinister and the Sentinels? Instead of killing them, the Sentinels would capture them and deliver them to Sinister, who could just be called Nathanial Essex. It would lead so much t mutant experimentation as it would trying to figure them out and developing a obsession.

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #60
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Because honestly, Sinster wouldn't work at this point in time. And all these adaptation/alteration ideas I've been hearing here, has only made him sound like Stryker 2.0 to which I say Hell No.

IF he was to be used, he should be using Marauders, not Sentinels. The Sentinels are a government creation and should stay as such, and there's plenty of other characters that don't need to be heavily altered to fit in to bring in Sentinels.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #61
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I think having a mutant villain who wants to wipe out all humanity would be a good way to go. In a way the opposite of Stryker. That would cause a dilemma for Magneto. Having to decide how far he would go... and the unfortunate implications. Have him ultimately reject the idea (and team up with the X-men), and that would explain why he tried to change all humans into mutants in the first movie. Bring it full circle.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #62
BMM
Side-Kick

That sounds too similar to First Class. Sebastian Shaw, a mutant villain, seeks to wipe out humanity. Despite his differing views, Erik joins Xavier and the CIA to help battle alongside the "X-Men," in order to stop Shaw. In the end, Magneto doesn't yet hate Homosapiens enough to want to eradicate them but clearly shows no mercy toward anyone who directly threatens him.

Last edited by BMM; 02-16-2012 at 11:50 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #63
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

That's why I see Sentinels as the most realistic way to go. The government now know of mutants and find them to be a terroristic threat and seeing the amount of power some of them have, they need to make a weapon that they hope to be able to withstand mutants and get a handle on them.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #64
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
That sounds too similar to First Class. Sebastian Shaw, a mutant villain, seeks to wipe out humanity. Despite his differing views, Erik joins Xavier and the CIA to help battle alongside the "X-Men," in order to stop Shaw. In the end, Magneto doesn't yet hate Homosapiens enough to want to eradicate them but clearly shows no mercy toward anyone who directly threatens him.
Right, but it never came up. Magneto had no interest in waging a war on humanity at that time. Just avenging his family. Did he even know Shaw was a mutant before the 1960's?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #65
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Another way I see the Sentinels working is it's what furthers Magneto's stance against human beings.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #66
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Plus seeing the X-Men and Brotherhood beating up giant robots would be cool to watch.

Seeing Magneto rip apart a sentinel alone would get me to buy a ticket.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #67
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I still think Omega Red would be perfect. After the russians saw what mutants were capable of at the Cuban crisis they decide to experiment on them and make something superior to all other mutants.

Omega Red is a communist as well so it would fit in with his personality perfectly. They could make him of a compound that Magneto has no influence over making him a danger to every mutant.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #68
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Sentinals wouldnt work, because the new franchise is grounded in a sense of our timeline reality. Because this is the case robotics were nowhere near capable of suggesting we have sentinals until after the millenium of which would be around the time x-men 1 would of exisited in there universe.
Yes, because the tech for Cerebro certainly existed in the 60s.

Quote:
If it was me, i would be in favour of setting this movie in the 70's 8 years later than the previous film, as technology wise we just started into the computer era - im thinking of lists and mutant registration act. also the 70's was also known for fashion and style. Plus you have the phoenix story occuring in the x-men at the time. So if i was to say what villian i would like to see, i would say lets revisit The Phoenix Saga.
I disagree about setting the sequel in the 70s. XFC left off at a crucial point and I want to see Charles struggle to adjust to being paralyzed. As for the Phoenix saga, I'm tired of hearing about it. None of that for me, please.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #69
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

actually the tech for cerebro did exisit in the 60's - however a telepath to use it wouldnt of been.

The facility used as the make shift cerebro is normally used for amplying radio signals to pick up and send stuff at a much larger scale. What hank did was discover the elements produced by charles xavier and created a device using 60's technology to act as a reciever....

Essentially Cerebro in that film was nothing more than a microphone and listening device for the brain, that technology would of exisited however xavier obviously wouldnt off.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #70
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Well, it's not like the universe is entirely identical to our own. The real life Cuban Missile Crises obviously ended very differently.

If nothing else, it could explain why the Sentinels are so large, seventies robotics technology was limited, so they had to be huge.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #71
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

They should do like they did with first class, base it around real life events like the cuban missle crisis.

set the movie 10 years later with xavier who has been tracking magnetos actions over the years.

Set the movie around the watergate scandal and retell the story that it was about Nixon's plan to inact the mutant registration act.

Beast, Havok and Banshee end up in a mission impossible kind of mission at the facility where they discover the mutant registration act and beast is captured.

Rescued by Magneto because now they have a common enemy.

Xavier and Magneto must stop the mutant registration act from occuring.

The characters i would have is

Bolivar Trask & Dr.Nathaniel Essex who run the facility.

X-Men consisting of Xavier, Beast, Banshee, Havok & Polaris (who is Magneto's Daughter but he is unaware)

Brotherhood consists of Magneto, Azazel, Mystique, Avalanche and Toad

in the story you would have Toad and Polaris as a couple both mutants, but as mutants were kept secrete, they sort of turned to each other because they share the whole mutant thing. Toad starts off hansom but his mutation turns him progressively worse in the film essentially turning to Erics Brotherhood. Where as Polaris falls for Havok when Toad starts to become more obessed with his own appearance.

The reason for Mr.Sinisters appearance is that it would lead into mutant testing and possible part 3 movie if they where to make it.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
Old 02-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #72
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

But a widespread mutant phobia and the registration act are the main issues in the other movies, set 30 years later. Well, I don't think anyone cares about continuity anymore.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #73
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

No thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #74
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I'm actually starting to lean towards Sentinels. Though I don't know how interesting that would be. Great for fight scenes, but story... eh.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #75
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For me, Sentinels are like too ambitious if they are still in the 60s or 70s or 80s. Like its very futuristic.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote