The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel?
Ultron 77 33.92%
Kang the Conqueror 15 6.61%
The Masters of Evil 30 13.22%
Thanos 88 38.77%
Count Nefaria 1 0.44%
Korvac 2 0.88%
Graviton 4 1.76%
Grim Reaper 0 0%
Grandmaster 1 0.44%
Other 9 3.96%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #151
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

I don't care about the order as long as it's good, I love all these villains.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #152
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Definitely Kang.

I like this-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think a movie with Kang would give Pym a reason to create Ultron (think of Earth's Mightiest Heroes where he sent an army of Ultron's to help with the Kang invasion.) Ultron requires much more build up than Kang, and should get part of a film to be built upto before he's unleashed.
Damn Thanos is going to throw a wrench into it all tho.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #153
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Can't technically the Pym creating Ultron thing be put into a movie with Thanos too? You know assuming Thanos comes with an army that spans the globe?

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #154
dbxkilla
Newbie First Class

i haven't seen a lot of people use this as an idea but i think the likely choice is Kang because thanos can be the one that takes over the world in a future where there weren't heroes and he comes back in time so he can conquer the earth and stop Thanos from taking over the world

dbxkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #155
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxkilla View Post
i haven't seen a lot of people use this as an idea but i think the likely choice is Kang because thanos can be the one that takes over the world in a future where there weren't heroes and he comes back in time so he can conquer the earth and stop Thanos from taking over the world

Two and a half problems with that:

1) Thanos isn't in the conquering business. He *destroys* worlds (and galaxies); he's not interested in conquering/owning them.

2) Kang wouldn't have much interest in going back in time to stop Thanos, other than to take over the planet *himself.* Kang, you see, *is* in the conquering business. (It's also his last name. Kang T. Conqueror.)

3) There's the minor problem that Kang couldn't even remotely hope to defeat Thanos. It'd be like an ant trying to defeat an elephant

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #156
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ I think Kang would put up a nice fight, sure he's gonna lose but he'll definately let Thanos know he's there.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #157
dbxkilla
Newbie First Class

SHH! Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Two and a half problems with that:

1) Thanos isn't in the conquering business. He *destroys* worlds (and galaxies); he's not interested in conquering/owning them.

2) Kang wouldn't have much interest in going back in time to stop Thanos, other than to take over the planet *himself.* Kang, you see, *is* in the conquering business. (It's also his last name. Kang T. Conqueror.)

3) There's the minor problem that Kang couldn't even remotely hope to defeat Thanos. It'd be like an ant trying to defeat an elephant
well i see where the problems are but wat if kang was the one who is the ruler of the earth in the future but because wat happen with loki meeting with thanos , his reality gets messed up like in the earths mightiest heroes animated cartoon and he comes back in time to conquer the earth before thanos can so he can prepare the earth for the coming invasion

Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #158
ronny
Banned User

Mephisto should be the villain. He's memorable visually and could have a lot of cool back-and-forths with Stark given that both are sarcastic wise-asses.
Of course, he'd need some subordinates such as Blackheart, but that wouldn't be a problem given Marvels rich library of villains.
But I think Mephisto would be the most intriguing choice.

ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #159
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ By that logic, The Joker shouldn't have been used in Batman '89 or The Dark Knight (the first and second installments of their respective iterations of DC/Warner Bros. filmic Batman franchise) because he is widely considered to be Batman's 'ultimate foe' and the one who constantly and consistently provides him with the biggest challenge.

Going with another example, Joss Whedon shouldn't have used Angel(us) as the Big Bad of BtVS Season 2 and instead saved him for Season 7, because he ended up providing more of an emotional and physical challenge for Buffy and her friends than any of the other villains she faced (including The First Evil).

Trying to weigh which villains should be used when in terms of the amount of challenge they provide to our heroes is a stupid way to make decisions because it is incredibly limiting and forces you to work within an unsustainable set of parameters.

Totally different. Thanos is a universal threat. Any other villian after him would be well, insignificant. They said the sequel will be smaller, more personal, so I am thinking Ultron.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #160
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ I think Kang would put up a nice fight, sure he's gonna lose but he'll definately let Thanos know he's there.

Assuming in the MCU the Thanos story will involve the IG, I see Kang being an ant as well. I see the threat won't just be Thanos, but the threat will also be being aware of what he will do with the IG. Which by the way, I believe WILL operate on a universal scale, hence the beginning of The Avengers when "The Other" was talking to Thanos, "The earth will be his, and the universe, yours"

Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #161
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Ultron is the next logical choice for an Avenger's sequel. He's a excellent adversary for them.

Outside of the fact that Thanos was teased in the end of Avengers....

look it's going to be either a) Thanos or b) something with very heavy Thanos over-tones which Ultron does not have

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #162
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Totally different. Thanos is a universal threat. Any other villian after him would be well, insignificant. They said the sequel will be smaller, more personal, so I am thinking Ultron.
They teased Thanos lol...they didn't tease Ultron. It will not be Ultron.

They might ultimtatley save the Infinity Gauntlet for A3 but you can bet money Thanos has a huge hand in the events of A2.

DMB #41
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #163
dbxkilla
Newbie First Class

Quote:
ultron just doenst fit for the sequel because he is a villain made by ant man and there could be a possibility that he doest show up till after avengers 2 so using kang, masters of evil, or thanos is better

Old 05-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #164
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Assuming in the MCU the Thanos story will involve the IG, I see Kang being an ant as well. I see the threat won't just be Thanos, but the threat will also be being aware of what he will do with the IG. Which by the way, I believe WILL operate on a universal scale, hence the beginning of The Avengers when "The Other" was talking to Thanos, "The earth will be his, and the universe, yours"
Except The Other was referring to the Cosmic Cube, not the Gauntlet. And Thanos never used the IG to "rule" the universe....he used it to wipe out half of it.

Hate to keep reiterating this, but people still harbor the delusion that Thanos is some Saturday morning villain who wants to "rule the universe." He doesn't. He wants to KILL IT. To impress his girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post

They might ultimtatley save the Infinity Gauntlet for A3 but you can bet money Thanos has a huge hand in the events of A2.
Thanos has a huge hand, any way you look at it.

Also, lol at the people saying Ultron is a "smaller and more personal threat" to the Avengers. Does nobody actually read comics anymore....?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #165
dbxkilla
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Except The Other was referring to the Cosmic Cube, not the Gauntlet. And Thanos never used the IG to "rule" the universe....he used it to wipe out half of it.

Hate to keep reiterating this, but people still harbor the delusion that Thanos is some Saturday morning villain who wants to "rule the universe." He doesn't. He wants to KILL IT. To impress his girlfriend.

Also, lol at the people saying Ultron is a "smaller and more personal threat" to the Avengers. Does nobody actually read comics anymore....?
in a way ultron is more personal and smaller, if they use him for the sequel he can be personal if ant man is in A2 but if not it would not make any sense

Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #166
Ostyn Titan
New User - Level 0

Talking Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Hello everyone,

To answer the threaded question, I would Love to see Thanos 'The Mad Titan' in the next movie or at least in Thor 2 leading up to the Avengers 2 down the road.

Although, I did feel Thanos should be saved for later due to the fact he is one of the few villians that actually accomplishes what he sets out to do. But the fact he was brought out this early, I doubt Marvel doesn't have a plan as to how keep the trilogy or franchise interesting after Thanos appearance.

Here is a special treat especially to all those who like Thanos as a character. I created an audio of a Thanos monologue addressing the Avengers before battle!!

Follow the link: http://youtu.be/3lOL23751IE

Enjoy

Ostyn Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #167
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Thanos is one of the villains who is literally crazy. There are villains who are kinda nuts, but he is flat out insane due to the reason he wants to destroy everything. He's basically Son of Sam crazy.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #168
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:

My guess is people REALLY want Ant-Man and they know if Ultron is the villain Ant-Man has to have a place in the movie.

I think a more personal, painful story for our characters is by having a threat that pushes them to their core. Again Thanos might not be the primary villain in A2 but he is going to be a major player and to have Ultron be the main baddy doesn't really work.

I think a quest to find the Infinity Gems before Thanos is a story that could be a painful personal experience as it pushes respective characters to their limits in forgien territories.

DMB #41
Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #169
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Gosh I am so misunderstood. I know that Thanos wants to destroy. He is my favorite Marvel character period, believe me I know everything there is to know about him, along with you haha. Yes, he was talking about the cube. But my point was that Thanos will operate on a universal scale. When the IG is introduced, some people were thinking it will be dumbed down in power, to fit the MCU better. But with the Other saying the cube will allow Thanos to rule "THE UNIVERSE" (not the earth, not the solar system, not the Galaxy, but the entire universe) my point was with that being said, that when the IG is introduced, it will operate on a universal scale, since the cube would allow him to "rule" the universe. Although, no correlation.

btw the smacky head has nothing to do with you :P

Last edited by jaqua99; 05-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #170
terry78

Now I'm kinda wondering if The Other isn't aware of Thanos' infatuation with Death, and just assumes his master only wants to rule. Kind of just a pawn that doesn't know what the bigger and more horrible picture will be.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #171
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post

Still doubt it. Teasing means nothing. If I had plans for this, yes I would tease Thanos in 1 also. The tease could simply imply that Thanos is present in the MCU. Rumors with the 2014 movies, one possibly being Ant Man, which would probabaly introduce Ultron. With that being said, that could set up an Avengers 2.

Also, we don't know who or what will be shown. We still have 3 years of movies atleast vefore we get an Avengers 2. Do I KNOW Thanos is being saved? No. Do I KNOW Ultron will be in 2? NO. Do you KNOW Thanos will be in 2? NO. Do You KNOW Ultron won't be in 2? NO. We dont. Its all speculation at this point. After Whedon or whoever it was said that Avengers 2 will be smaller and more personal, I can't see a Thanos movie being smaller, or more personal. I just cant.

It is all speculation..but

I disagree with you.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #172
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Now I'm kinda wondering if The Other isn't aware of Thanos' infatuation with Death, and just assumes his master only wants to rule. Kind of just a pawn that doesn't know what the bigger and more horrible picture will be.
EXACTLY what I am thinking. In fact, I am kind of assuming he didn't.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #173
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
EXACTLY what I am thinking. In fact, I am kind of assuming he didn't.
Yeah, that's exactly my read, too. Thanos is keeping his plans to himself, and is even misleading The Other and Loki about his intentions, and playing them like pawns, too. Thanos is lying about ruling the universe, but he's leading them (and anyone else) to believe that's his only intent.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #174
terry78

When The Other said there are more, and greater worlds out there, that could be a leadup to a final confrontation where they have to literally save the universe from being wiped out....leading in to additional alien Avengers members possibly.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #175
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
When The Other said there are more, and greater worlds out there, that could be a leadup to a final confrontation where they have to literally save the universe from being wiped out....leading in to additional alien Avengers members possibly.

Either that or a lead-in to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.