The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel?
Ultron 77 33.92%
Kang the Conqueror 15 6.61%
The Masters of Evil 30 13.22%
Thanos 88 38.77%
Count Nefaria 1 0.44%
Korvac 2 0.88%
Graviton 4 1.76%
Grim Reaper 0 0%
Grandmaster 1 0.44%
Other 9 3.96%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #176
dbxkilla
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
EXACTLY what I am thinking. In fact, I am kind of assuming he didn't.
I'm thinking that thanos is just happy that there was a planet that might give him a challenge before he destroys it, its like he's eager to fight the avengers

dbxkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #177
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, that's exactly my read, too. Thanos is keeping his plans to himself, and is even misleading The Other and Loki about his intentions, and playing them like pawns, too. Thanos is lying about ruling the universe, but he's leading them (and anyone else) to believe that's his only intent.
how would you feel if Thanos suceeds in the avengers film he is the villian in? As in, sucessfully destroys the universe, or part of it, and leaves a hole open for defeat, for somehow defeats himself? Opposed to The Avengers+Whoever else defeating him. I know thats how it goes in the comics, him defeating himself, but for all we know, they may have Thanos be "defeated by the good guys". Do you think Marvel will not hold back, and let the villian win? Only to fall at his own hand? You think they could do that? I really hope it does. Maybe have death not literally be a complete character. Maybe after Thanos somehow defeats himself, we see him with everyone around him, and Thanos see's death with open arms, but only he can see her. Him being welcomed by Death's embrace, AFTER he has already destroyed the universe, idc how people will react to that. I would love for something like that to happen. Where even though The Avengers still "stopped the bad guy" Thanos still wins in every sense he planned to?

Id love to see him actually win

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #178
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
how would you feel if Thanos suceeds in the avengers film he is the villian in? As in, sucessfully destroys the universe, or part of it, and leaves a hole open for defeat, for somehow defeats himself? Opposed to The Avengers+Whoever else defeating him. I know thats how it goes in the comics, him defeating himself, but for all we know, they may have Thanos be "defeated by the good guys". Do you think Marvel will not hold back, and let the villian win? Only to fall at his own hand? You think they could do that? I really hope it does. Maybe have death not literally be a complete character. Maybe after Thanos somehow defeats himself, we see him with everyone around him, and Thanos see's death with open arms, but only he can see her. Him being welcomed by Death's embrace, AFTER he has already destroyed the universe, idc how people will react to that. I would love for something like that to happen. Where even though The Avengers still "stopped the bad guy" Thanos still wins in every sense he planned to?

I actually like the idea of making Mistress Death a hallucination that only Thanos can see....his literal "dream lover." It'd make him look all the more insane, and Marvel wouldn't have to take the difficult step of personifying Death. It's one thing to make Norse "gods" who primitive Vikings worshipped for their powers; it's a whole 'nother step to say that Death is an actual being (with a hot body, at that).

As far as "letting Thanos win," no, that's not likely going to happen. The whole Nebula subplot of IG probably won't show up --- in fact, most of the characters in IG and ThanosQuest are too extraneous to start cluttering up the MCU with. So in cinematic terms, Marvel is probably going to make sure that *whenever* the throwdown with Thanos happens, it's the heroes who actually defeat him and save the universe, rather than some sidebar character. Or his own lack of foresight.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #179
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think it would be great if Avengers 2 ends with Thanos Assembling the Infinity Gauntlet i.e. the Avengers fail.

then maybe the teaser for A3 is Adam Warlock who volunteers to help the Avengers protect the Universe (setting up a GoG film that preludes Avengers 2)

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #180
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
Still doubt it. Teasing means nothing. If I had plans for this, yes I would tease Thanos in 1 also. The tease could simply imply that Thanos is present in the MCU. Rumors with the 2014 movies, one possibly being Ant Man, which would probabaly introduce Ultron. With that being said, that could set up an Avengers 2.
I know it's a movie, but a man who talks to ants doesn't sound like something I could even take a bit seriously.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #181
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I know it's a movie, but a man who talks to ants doesn't sound like something I could even take a bit seriously.
Me either, although they may focus on the giant man part. But irrelevant.

The only reason I want ant man is for one thing..Ultron

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #182
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
Me either, although they may focus on the giant man part. But irrelevant.

The only reason I want ant man is for one thing..Ultron
They could alter Ultron's origin and make him a Stark creation. Works for me.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #183
BatsDC
Tranktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
They could alter Ultron's origin and make him a Stark creation. Works for me.
Except for the fact it's Pym's story, and something he has to go through mentally that changes his character

Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #184
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Besides, Stark being responsible for Ultron becomes redundant. Stark already feels like he's unleashed a pandora's box on the world with his Iron Man tech; now you wanna compound that by giving him a boring old killer robot to be a Big Oops for him, too? Plus, what kind of motivation would Ultron have to turn evil? With the Pym storyline, you get a fantastic and twisted Oedipal psychodrama to explain Ultron; with Tony as Ultron's creator, you just get more ****ing hardware to shred.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #185
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Not a fan of Stark creating Ultron.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #186
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Idk I'm learning more towards Thanos and MCU wanting to go more cosmic, it also seemed apparently from Whedon's take he feels that fit works right for the avengers. The question I have is since first one was about cosmic aliens how would general audience feel about second one having a similar theme ?

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #187
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Bring on Thanos! It should take two movies to defeat a villain like him.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #188
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Not a fan of Stark creating Ultron.
Me neither Whiskey

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #189
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

If you want to introduce Ultron, the continuity already contains one "genius" who's inventions routinely fail in spectacularly dangerous ways: Justin Hammer. You got to figure if that guy ever tried to replicate Jarvis, he's pretty much guaranteed to end up with Ultron. I'd love to see Rockwell in a sequel. Supposedly, he's not in Iron Man 3.

"I just need to upgrade the AI a little so I don't have to... Oops."

Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #190
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

Quote:

They would never let Thanos win.... If they did I would be very upset

Capt.America518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #191
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

Ultron should be the obvious choice for avengers 2.... When one thinks of the avnegers the very first villain who should come to mind IS ULTRON!! IT HAS TO BE ULTRON!!! They could get such a great/successful story from him if they introduced him and pym accurately before avengers 2

Old 08-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #192
Chewy
REDACTED

The first villain that comes to my mind when I think Avengers is Zemo

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #193
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Wink Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

I was curious about who was the true Avengers #1 villain, so I used the Marvel wikia database, and tallied appearance totals for the big avengers villains. (Note that I only used the Avengers classic run from 1963-2004 and associated minis and on-goings. I also only counted appearances where the characters served as the main antagonist, vs. issues that included flashbacks.)

1. Kang- 54
2. Ultron- 33
3. Immortus- 20
4. Loki- 18
5. Baron Zemo- 15

Just to settle who the big bad was for the original team.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #194
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

Ultron is better thank Kang... We already saw a full out invasion happen in Avengers 1, with Kang as the villain, it would literally be the exact same plot just with a different looking villain..... Ultron's motives are much more unique and meaningful than Kangs... Sad to say but half the time, Ultron's view on flawed humanity can be seen as truth

Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #195
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.America518 View Post
Ultron is better thank Kang... We already saw a full out invasion happen in Avengers 1, with Kang as the villain, it would literally be the exact same plot just with a different looking villain..... Ultron's motives are much more unique and meaningful than Kangs... Sad to say but half the time, Ultron's view on flawed humanity can be seen as truth
Ultron can either be written very effectively or very trite. Kang has a greater range of characterization and motives, Ultron is very single minded.

I agree with you though, that Marvel cannibalized Kang a bit in A1.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #196
Phantom X
Side-Kick

I like the idea of the Grandmaster character because he abducts heroes from around the world and makes them compete in the SUPERHERO OLYMPICS! Think about it, Captain America can fight Captain Britain, Iron Man vs Titanium Man, Thor against Graviton, Hawkeye throws down with the Black Knight, and the Hulk fightin Sasquatch!

Will team Thanos doom the Earth to oblivion or will Fury's team take home the gold? Well it is called the Avengers so we got nothin to worry about.

Or Kang could be the villain and instead of bringing an army he could bring his side-kick, a miniture version of himself called Co-Kang!

Phantom X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #197
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

The first villain that comes to my mind when I think about The Avengers is Ultron, followed by Kang (my 2nd favorite Avengers villain).

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #198
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
The first villain that comes to my mind when I think about The Avengers is Ultron, followed by Kang (my 2nd favorite Avengers villain).
The big 3 = those two plus The Masters. Sadly, we might not see any of the big 3 in Joss Whedon's avengers trilogy.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #199
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I was curious about who was the true Avengers #1 villain, so I used the Marvel wikia database, and tallied appearance totals for the big avengers villains. (Note that I only used the Avengers classic run from 1963-2004 and associated minis and on-goings. I also only counted appearances where the characters served as the main antagonist, vs. issues that included flashbacks.)

1. Kang- 54
2. Ultron- 33
3. Immortus- 20
4. Loki- 18
5. Baron Zemo- 15

Just to settle who the big bad was for the original team.
Actually, you might as well credit Kang with 74, and erase Immortus. They're the same entity.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #200
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I forgot we were talking about kind of a Masters of Evil thing for the sequel as well, instead of one giant big bad. Maybe one of each of their respective B-list villains that all team up at some point to take them on.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote