The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 11-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

If theres a thread for this, just merge or delete this one.

It appears as though we are getting a 4th installment in the amazing, incredible, fantastic UNCHARTED series. Naughty Dog has had my money since the first game and i feel this series was the biggest example as why we didn't need a new generation of consoles so i can not wait to see this one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...teased-for-ps4

Quote:
During Sony's PlayStation 4 All Access event tonight, Naughty Dog teased a new Uncharted game coming for PlayStation 4.

Few details were revealed, but a short teaser trailer showed a map and a voiceover that said, "Some chains can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you canít outrun the past, and when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you, Iíll be there sifting through the wreckage. You owe me."

Shortly after the teaser, Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells teased, "if you pick through that trailer youíll find some hints," but wouldn't confirm whether or not the new game will feature the return of Uncharted hero Nathan Drake.

On Twitter, Uncharted writer Amy Hennig confirmed that the voice actor in the trailer is Todd Stashwick, but provided no additional details about who he's playing.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 11-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Default Re: Uncharted 4

Very excited!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

Awesome Re: Uncharted 4

Hell to the F'n Yeah!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Hell to the F'n Yeah!
Haha my thoughts exactly.

At the end of that video when the UNCHARTED title appeared, my reaction:

Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

IGN had a conversation video a few days discussing which new games Sony might reveal and for Uncharted they said a proper reveal wold most likely come during the VGA's, since that's where Naughty Dog has seemed to reveal each of their last few big games. I really hope that's true.

I just hope this doesn't follow the path of Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect where after the initial "trilogy", they continue the series with a new protagonist. But something about that voice over makes me think that we might see another flashback sequence, only this time with Sir Francis Drake, which could explain those screens from the Last of US BTS video.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Oh yeah! What a excellent news. that's cheered me up and Soon as Rocksteady will announce Arkham 4 for next gen as well That would be double celebration.

Sony would been dumb not to make another Uncharted for PS4.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Havok83
Side-Kick

Theres one here: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...ight=uncharted

Actually not as excited about this as others are. I mean we know it was coming and that teaser didnt reveal much at all. Im more interested in Infamous at this point. Still good to see Drake carrying on o the next gen and breaking ND's cycle of letting their IPs live and lay to rest on one console generation

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Well Infamous is coming out first, so being more excited for that is a given, lol. But I am pumped over this announcement.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Kinda figured we'd eventually get news about an Uncharted game. This should make buying a PS4 a no brainer.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Kinda figured we'd eventually get news about an Uncharted game. This should make buying a PS4 a no brainer.
Agreed! Naughty Dog is easily the best dev out there. A big draw for the PS consoles. Definitely my most anticipated game!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
The second Uncharted became a big hit was when I knew I'd be buying a PS4. I really don't care too much about Sonys exclusives(save for inFamous) but Uncharted is just on a whole nother level. Love, love that series. My original plan was to get a ps4 in March with infamous, but I might wait and see if they do anything special for Uncharted.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
The second Uncharted became a big hit was when I knew I'd be buying a PS4. I really don't care too much about Sonys exclusives(save for inFamous) but Uncharted is just on a whole nother level. Love, love that series. My original plan was to get a ps4 in March with infamous, but I might wait and see if they do anything special for Uncharted.
Yup, easily my favorite series. I know they released info about an Infamous PS4 bundle so I would be surprised to find out they wouldn't have a bundle with their most prized exclusive. Not to take away from the awesomeness that is Infamous, but Uncharted is just beyond.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Agreed! Naughty Dog is easily the best dev out there. A big draw for the PS consoles. Definitely my most anticipated game!
Definitely.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Goody goody!
I hope it gets as much focus and care in its development as The Last of Us did.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #15
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Is there some degree of doubt that this would have Drake? I'm just curious, since some of you seem to imply so?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #16
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Is there some degree of doubt that this would have Drake? I'm just curious, since some of you seem to imply so?
I don't think so. Maybe it was because he wasn't featured in the teaser? I don't know but I really don't see them doing this game without Nathan Drake. I'd put that at like a 1% chance.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

What are the predictions for who the voice over guy is?,A new protagonist/an older Drake or the new antagonist?

Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I personally think it could be Sir Francis Drake, and that we get a flashback sequence where we get to control him and see his point of view on something. But with what happened in U3, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped that obsession with him.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I personally think it could be Sir Francis Drake, and that we get a flashback sequence where we get to control him and see his point of view on something. But with what happened in U3, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped that obsession with him.
Eh I highly doubt that. His dialect doesn't really match up with the way someone like Francis Drake would speak. Im pretty sure it's a new antagonist.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #20
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
What are the predictions for who the voice over guy is?,A new protagonist/an older Drake or the new antagonist?
Yea I'm going with antagonist. I felt after the last game that the next conflict with Drake needs to be a really personal one and this teaser seems to hint at that.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Eh I highly doubt that. His dialect doesn't really match up with the way someone like Francis Drake would speak. Im pretty sure it's a new antagonist.
I'm watching the IGN Rewind Theatre, and from a lot of the things that they are noticing, it seems like something that involved Pirates somehow, which may be connected to the screenshot from that Naughty Dog video from the Last of Us where Nolan North was spotted talking to some developer. I think it would be weird to play as Sir Francis Drake, especially if he's got the same running and jumping mechanics that Drake has, but I think i's an interesting idea, even though it may be unlikely.

But on a side note, isn't it interesting how every PS exclusive game that has been announce does not have any numbers attached to it? Killzone, inFamous, and now Uncharted are all branded as something that isn't a continuation of what was done before, but rather as something new. Makes me wonder if this one might not have Drake in it after all.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post

But on a side note, isn't it interesting how every PS exclusive game that has been announce does not have any numbers attached to it? Killzone, inFamous, and now Uncharted are all branded as something that isn't a continuation of what was done before, but rather as something new. Makes me wonder if this one might not have Drake in it after all.
Yea I guess thats possible. I can't speak on Killzone, but i know that with inFamous 2 it ended with the main character dying so it was only logical they carry on with a new protagonist. I think it would be a HUGE, COLOSSAL mistake to have an Uncharted game that didn't star Nathan Drake. In fact, i don't know how much interest id have in an Uncharted game that didn't feature Nathan Drake. He's one of my fav characters of any media.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yaaaaay! This is going to be my first unchartered game I hope I enjoy myself

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #24
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Yaaaaay! This is going to be my first unchartered game I hope I enjoy myself
Go back and play the other games first. Doesn't matter if this ties into the others directly, you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing the other games.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #25
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Yeah it's safe to say I'm really looking forward to this. Naughty Dog have been my favorite developer since I was 6 years old (now 23), and that's not changing any time soon.

I hope they take a few pages from the book of The Last Of Us here. Maybe not so much with the crafting and upgrading and stuff but the more open combat system and more varied branching paths.