The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #401
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Last of Us

I'm not a big fan of "zombie" or post apocalyptic scenarios, especially with the recent boom of it in the past 5 years, but I'm definitely interested in checking this out in a few weeks. As a big fan of what ND has done with Uncharted, I can't wait to see how they tackle a different world.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #402
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I'm not a big fan of "zombie" or post apocalyptic scenarios, especially with the recent boom of it in the past 5 years, but I'm definitely interested in checking this out in a few weeks. As a big fan of what ND has done with Uncharted, I can't wait to see how they tackle a different world.
That's what's great about it though is that it seems like that's just one aspect of the game. It seems like it's more of a general survival game than a "zombie" game.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #403
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I think I get this one when its on a sale. Though first Uncharted had zombies I didn't like it one bit. I hate horror/zombies games and movies.

I am a Batmanite
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #404
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
That's what's great about it though is that it seems like that's just one aspect of the game. It seems like it's more of a general survival game than a "zombie" game.
Yeah, at first when I saw the "Infected", I already said "Pass!".

But I love that they've revealed that there's more to the story, and that it is different that other survival games like Resident Evil, which is probably the reason why I hate zombies and monsters in general. The only other "zombie" game I've liked in recent years is The Walking Dead because it was so well done and I've noticed several similarities with this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I think I get this one when its on a sale. Though first Uncharted had zombies I didn't like it one bit. I hate horror/zombies games and movies.
Yeah, this is why I'm renting and not buying. I don't want to say I'm too scared, but there's always been an uneasy feeling for me when I play games that zombies/monsters/creatures in a real world environment. Like I hated them in Uncharted, I hated Resident Evil growing up. There's just something about knowing that there's something out there that will creep up on you and get all up and personal with you that just makes me uneasy.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #405
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I just don't like them in general, I just prefer action and adverture without horror. Its not about been scared.

I am a Batmanite
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #406
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I think you guys are missing what this game is about. The infected seem to be more the catalyst of the world than the primary antagonists.

Everything i've read about the game has you up against the other survivors more than the infected who just pop up once in a while. If anything "the Road" has been cited as one of the biggest influences on the game and that was a post-appocalyptic world without any "zombies".

Also nothing about this game has been sold as "horror", it's probably 80% survivor based.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #407
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

No, I completely get that, I'm just talking about how that element of the game is something I'm not looking forward to.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #408
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

To me it's sort of a best of both world's. Sort of blending the best elements of the survivor game with the "zombie" genre i.e it's the people you should more afraid of not the zombies. Something 90% of zombie games miss.

I'm not a big fan of the Walking Dead tv show and how they've adapted the comic and this game sort of looks like how it should have actually been done right.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #409
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I think you guys are missing what this game is about. The infected seem to be more the catalyst of the world than the primary antagonists.

Everything i've read about the game has you up against the other survivors more than the infected who just pop up once in a while. If anything "the Road" has been cited as one of the biggest influences on the game and that was a post-appocalyptic world without any "zombies".

Also nothing about this game has been sold as "horror", it's probably 80% survivor based.
I rather not deal with zonbies or horror related either way, that's just me and I get uneasy about facing them. Like I said I probably pick this up but not straight away.

I am a Batmanite
Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #410
Nathan

I'm the same in the way that these games make me feel really uneasy. I can't really deal with horror too well. But despite that, this game looks way too good and I'm looking forward to experiencing the story and character interaction the most. It's definitely a game I'll buy on launch.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #411
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not a huge horror fan myself, but it's Naughty Dog, so I'll be there on launch day. I apparently pre-ordered it a while back, too. Must've been right when I heard about it because I completely forgot about it until I checked my GameStop account.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #412
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Damn i have forgotten about this game. Id be snaggin it at launch but my PS3 crapped out on me and i dont have the 100 bones to get it fixed. Gonna be a real pain if this sucker drops to incredible reviews...which i fully anticipate.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #413
zenith16
Side-Kick

Previews

The Characters of The Last of Us

Briana finds out how The Last of Us survivors Joel and Ellie will impact the story of the apocalyptic new game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Old 05-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #414
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I hope this game is able to be purchased through PSN or whatever and playable on the PS4. I'll buy it the moment it's up digitally...Since..you know...BC doesn't exist anymore.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #415
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Digital purchases are included when talking about BC. So they won't be transferring over either.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #416
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Didnt sony say something about expanding the digital stuff though?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #417
Nathan

Yeah, through streaming.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #418
Havok83
Side-Kick

There is no difference between buying a game digitally and retail. both utilize the PS3s hardware to run and its the Cell processor that's needed for that. Sony if they wanted to, could let people download all their PS3 content onto the PS4 but it would all be useless as the machine doesn't have the components necessary to run the software. Its not a disc vs download issue here

Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #419
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Only reason why I wouldn't buy it now is...Well..My lack of a PS3.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #420
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

I already pre-ordered it.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #421
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Damn i have forgotten about this game. Id be snaggin it at launch but my PS3 crapped out on me and i dont have the 100 bones to get it fixed. Gonna be a real pain if this sucker drops to incredible reviews...which i fully anticipate.
Which model PS3 do you have? My original 60gb got the 'ylod' after about 3 years...it sucked. Fortunately I had most of my data on backup and was able to transfer them when I pony'd up and bought a slim. Oh well. I really hope this next gen doesn't suffer the same type of hardware issues.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #422
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
yellow light of death?

If that's all it is, if you can borrow the tools, you can fix it yourself in about 2 hours. There's videos on youtube how to do it. I know nothing about tech, but I did it myself just by following the video .. cost me $7 for the thermal paste.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #423
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Still thinking of preordering the 80 dollar edition at gamestop for the added perks. Wonder if it'll be a good deal though once i have the game.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #424
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

I've been hearing how great this game looks for the longest time, only this past weekend did I finally get a glimpse of it and for the first time in awhile I might buy a game the day it comes out.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #425
Havok83
Side-Kick

Game will have story DLC

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...ultiplayer-dlc

I think I will hold off on getting a season pass though as I regretted that with Uncharted 3

Closed Thread