The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #601
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Default Re: The Last of Us

I've only played for about 2 hours, on hard. The start of the game is amazing. The way they had me absolutely within the moment was great. Just some amazing storytelling taking place.

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the leniency on the NPC's and AI's. I just think it's the right move in removing a potentially massive headache. I feel like this, and Bioshock Infinite, probably wound up having to make that concession if they're going to tell the story they want to tell without making it something that could wind up as a nightmare to get through for players.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #602
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Ellie doesnt even look like Ellen Page anymore. Im guessing she hasnt seen any shots of the game since last year? This article seems several months too late.

Anyways just beat the game and Wow. Definetly one of the best game, Ive played this gen. Everything about it was absolutely top notch and kudos to Naughty Dog.

Final game time: 17:48; just show of 18 hours. Now that was a good long game. Usually game times are exagerated but this one most definetly was not

Im surprised both Ellie and Joel made it out of the game alive. The game had me fooled after he fell on that spike bc when you first play as Ellie, I thought he was dead and she was surviving on her own. Later at the end, I thought Joel got to her too late and wasnt sure if he was just carrying a dead body and didnt realize it

I REALLY hope theres a sequel to this. I love this world and would love to see it explored again.
yeah sorry that's not true as I said in another thread they were alot people that see it that way it would seem.
The dev heads for this were asked about that in the Vic's basement pod cast, when they showed up this past week which was put up on Friday it's on I tunes or on the sites of EP daily.tv or Reviews on the Run and the way Ellie talks too is like Ellen page like to a degree and even though they did try to change her look to alot of people she still felt like Ellen page just alot younger looking and Btw I showed what the voice actress that played Ellie looks like as luisTx has seen. that voice actress looks nothing like those those Ell's motion capture or not.

• Victor Lucas@Victor_Lucas
      15 Jun
      Yes. RT @paulsemel: I think I like teenage faux Ellen Page in The Last Of Us more than the faux Sam Fisher-y Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls

Any way the makers of this game were asked about that by Vic. It was interesting. best title made this gen

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #603
BattleCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yeah sorry that's not true as I said in another thread they were alot people that see it that way it would seem.
The dev heads for this were asked about that in the Vic's basement pod cast, when they showed up this past week which was put up on Friday it's on I tunes or on the site and the way ellie talks too is like Ellen page like to a degree and even though they did try to change her look to alot of people she still felt like Ellen page just alot younger looking and Btw I showed what the voice actress that played Ellie looks like as luisTx has seen. that voice actress looks nothing like those those Ell's motion capture or not.

• Victor Lucas@Victor_Lucas
      15 Jun
      Yes. RT @paulsemel: I think I like teenage faux Ellen Page in The Last Of Us more than the faux Sam Fisher-y Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls

Any way the makers of this game were asked about that by Vic. It was interesting. best title made this gen
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I actually thought Ellie sounded like Gretchen (Who was voiced by Ashley) from Recess and not Ellen Page.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #604
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCat View Post
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I actually thought Ellie sounded like Gretchen (Who was voiced by Ashley) from Recess and not Ellen Page.
lol that's interesting the people at Naughty dog can use that lol. Oh don't worry it'll blow over she'll be payed money enough to not bother with this and it'll be more promotion for her ether way since there's still people that see Ellie as version of her any way. imitation is the best flattery . lol and Sony has become the master of this of late with motion control device's, touch screen tech and Now this with in their own house. And this too shall pass.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #605
Chrisbarnes182
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes182 View Post
Who does he play? Dont tell me if its a character that comes in after the early stages of Bill Town because that's where I am right now.

And Oh My God this game is amazing, I cannot wait to see what Naughty Dog will do with the PS4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
You don't encounter him until there's snow on the ground.
Ah ok does he sound like Nolan North lol.

I remember playing the Prince of Persia game he did the voice for and couldn't get over that Nathan Drake is now a Prince lol

Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #606
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
No I think a sequel would ruin the game I think it ended perfectly
a sequel would not ruin this game. It still would remain as the masterpiece that it is. That wouldn't change and it wouldn't be worse if there was another entry in the series

Quote:
Sure maybe if you want to claim they have the same hairstyle (and who can claim ownership of a hairstyle?)

Her eyes, cheekbones, rounded face, lighter hair color, lips, nose, etc... are all different than Ellen's. The two faces do not look identical in the final build of the character that made it into the game

Last edited by Havok83; 06-24-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #607
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

A sequel wouldn't ruin it but it's totally unnecessary. Last of Us was perfect, start to finish. We don't NEED to see these characters again or this world. So just because a sequel may work, doesn't mean it should.

If anything, it better proves Naughty Dog's adaptability outside of their known franchises. I'd rather see them tackle another new game after Uncharted 4.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #608
Nathan

I have to say, I'm totally surprised how well I'm able to handle the horror aspects of this game. I'm the kind of guy who couldn't deal with the sudden appearance of monsters in Uncharted. Walking in a dark corridor, all by myself. Even when I was in the Hotel all by myself, trying to find a way up, I was pretty relaxed. Maybe it's because I can sneak past most threats or shiv/strangle them when I get close enough.

Last edited by Nathan; 06-24-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #609
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

That's a good point. I'd say this game sits really well in the middle of all those things... Never strays TOO far into horror, drama or levity but bounces naturally between so many different genres and emotions. A beautiful balance of complexity.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #610
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
a sequel would not ruin this game. It still would remain as the masterpiece that it is. That wouldn't change and it wouldn't be worse if there was another entry in the series

Sure maybe if you want to claim they have the same hairstyle (and who can claim ownership of a hairstyle?)

Her eyes, cheekbones, rounded face, lighter hair color, lips, nose, etc... are all different than Ellen's. The two faces do not look identical in the final build of the character that made it into the game
yeah well i've been talking with some commentors on the I site and yes it's being said there too

Quote:

• by Jack Treese Monday, June, 24, 2013 at 05:53
    Yes, maybe she does have a odd sorta resemblance to Ellen Page. True. However, there's a quote from a Family Guy episode I thought of upon reading this story; "There are billions of people in this world, some of them are bound to sound similar." This can also apply to looks and other features... even though that doesn't change the fact the similarity is striking. When I first played the game's demo, I swore that was Ellen Page.
from here
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...dex=5#comments

while I do have to say that pic with the eye colour does support your point there was the issue where as I said where scott on the vic's basement pod cast show when he asked them what was the deal with Ellie still sorta looking like Ellen page? and they were paused for a bit in that pod cast. which is put up on the page on link with the commentator. The thing is unless your doing a serious close up to some degree you'll have people still saying what that comment just put I just linked to up top from GI there was seen where joe and Ellie are on horse back talking about monkeys there to anyone just doing a passing Glance will still see Ellen page. the problem is for most folks cause of stuff like at certain distances she still looks like Ellen page. and still gives off that vibe. other wise if you show some one a pick like you did yeah . but this some thing will be debated about for days . with an almost no end thing.

Don't worry she'll drop it. It's pointless any way cause she's working for the same console makers and it'll only still boost her career after this.sine other people are finding similarity's still. It'll all be fine

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #611
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Who CARES if they look similar? Does it really matter? I don't even think Ellen Paige really gives a crap. She gave a very non-committal answer and only because a journo brought it up. Pipe down, internet.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #612
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Who CARES if they look similar? Does it really matter?
lol to her alot of others yeah and Btw you really didn't have to join. since you in the who cares area. I was already done and dropping the subject as she'll most likely drop it since it'll boost her career and she's working for the same people that back this title of a game. I said it was pointless for her. she'll have her money still be seen as ever so popular which started her being wanted by sony studio's in the first place and move on.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #613
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Dude, don't take it so personally. I'm responding to the whole issue. No one NEEDS to join any discussion, it's a forum. I chose to weigh in and I did.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #614
zenith16
Side-Kick

well sorry if it looked like I was taking your head off with that. Cause I wasn't trying to do that. Any ways she'll drop it. If it was another console maker that made this it might have been a bigger deal then it needed to be . still pointless, but she might have had a case. "might" being the technical word. As it is now what ever. She'll have her own franchise if they do make it that far(since I don't know if they have further plan with beyound) and her career will be fine. lol. regardless like i said Imitation is flattery, she should look at it that way.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #615
Havok83
Side-Kick

The music in this game can get kind creepy and really sets the tension. Like when you are trying to hide out from hunters and have no idea where they are coming from. Sometimes I found the humans to be worse than the infected bc they are less predictable in their approach. Wondering what I should do now. Tackle multiplayer or do survival mode....

Quote:
yeah well i've been talking with some commentors on the I site and yes it's being said there too

from here
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...dex=5#comments

while I do have to say that pic with the eye colour does support your point there was the issue where as I said where scott on the vic's basement pod cast show when he asked them what was the deal with Ellie still sorta looking like Ellen page? and they were paused for a bit in that pod cast. which is put up on the page on link with the commentator. The thing is unless your doing a serious close up to some degree you'll have people still saying what that comment just put I just linked to up top from GI there was seen where joe and Ellie are on horse back talking about monkeys there to anyone just doing a passing Glance will still see Ellen page. the problem is for most folks cause of stuff like at certain distances she still looks like Ellen page. and still gives off that vibe. other wise if you show some one a pick like you did yeah . but this some thing will be debated about for days . with an almost no end thing.

Don't worry she'll drop it. It's pointless any way cause she's working for the same console makers and it'll only still boost her career after this.sine other people are finding similarity's still. It'll all be fine
I dont care what other people think. They arent on this site and Im not posting back and forth with them. I am however with you so bringing up what people are saying in podcasts and other sites means nothing to me

Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #616
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont care what other people think. They arent on this site and Im not posting back and forth with them. I am however with you so bringing up what people are saying in podcasts and other sites means nothing to me
lol yeah it 's true you are talking with me but we wouldn't be talking about it if those other people didn't see it that way which most like lead up to her finding out about it and her saying what she said which brought us to this point. so yeah you can not care but the point is that what lead to this point and BTw the head dev's of the last of us are at the center of it and that all that pod cast has to do with it. They were in that pod cast. so you can say you want about caring or not all you like, it's about them in the end that matters with this. they and explained them selves too with that in that same place.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #617
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol yeah it 's true you are talking with me but we wouldn't be talking about it if those other people didn't see it that way which most like lead up to her finding out about it and her saying what she said which brought us to this point. so yeah you can not care but the point is that what lead to this point and BTw the head dev's of the last of us are at the center of it and that all that pod cast has to do with it. They were in that pod cast. so you can say you want about caring or not all you like, it's about them in the end that matters with this. they and explained them selves too with that.
You missed my point. Why dont you speak from a place of voicing YOUR own opinion instead of constantly linking back to and referencing others when discussing this?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #618
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
You missed my point. Why dont you speak from a place of voicing YOUR own opinion instead of constantly linking back to and referencing others when discussing this?
oh I've already said she look like Ellen page to me at certain distance. it won't help the situation much I don't agree that she should freak out and sue with this. I think she should take it as flattery and move on and let others think what they want if they still see it as her, whoopy for her and her career still sky rockets. As I said I'm kinda done with this.

This is an awesome game and noting and I mean nothing should freaking take away from that. if be yound can do as well she shouldn't have to worry. those are my thoughts.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-24-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #619
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Has there been any indication she is freaking out or threatening to sue? All I saw was the one, disinterested comment.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #620
zenith16
Side-Kick

Just cause of I chose a comment to show what others have been saying that they saw Ellie as Ellen doesn't mean she's not thinking about that . Also from when most actor's make a statement on their image being used it always ultimately leads to that. but in this case as I said I'm sure it wont. cause as i said it will be pointless since they are both under sony. every one else there may seem to think that way, that she may head down there. but as I said I don't and she should look at it as flattery.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #621
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I can't stand Ellen Page, she is terrible and really putting me off Beyond Two Souls as I loved Heavy Rain. I don't like how she acts, she's really bland.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 06-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #622
steelio2006
Side-Kick

got this the other day. got really good deal from gamestop for it. it's definitely become one of my favorite games. and the story is really awesome.

and i wouldn't mind seeing maybe another game in the world of The Last of Us. that'd be pretty cool.

BLUDHAVEN
Old 06-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #623
SpideyForPrez
Pandering to Webublicans

Finished the game last night and I must say, Bravo Naughtydog! I've always felt that Uncharted was a really overrated franchise but this title deserves all the praise it can get. I've heard a lot of people defend Uncharted by saying "your playing a movie" as an excuse for it's running-in-a-straight-line gameplay. But I think The Last of Us does a colossally better job of providing a cinematic feel while still offering some great gameplay, even if it did get a little boring at some points.

I'm honestly a little torn on the ending. I certainly understand Joel's motivation for lying and taking Ellie away from the Fireflies, but I think Ellie herself might have been willing to die if it meant possibly finding a vaccine. It was kind of hard to watch Joel lie to Ellie in that final scene. I'm also a little upset we didn't get to hear Joel sing like Ellie said she'd make him if they made it out alive.

As much as I enjoyed the game I kinda hope they don't make a sequel. I think it would sort of ruin the ending if they did.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #624
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:

Yeah, in the original model, she did sort of look like a youngish Ellen Page, but whether it was just coincidence or the reveal of Beyond, the final model doesn't look anything like her, other than maybe the hair.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #625
Destructus86
Side-Kick

OK, so finally beat the game. I was blown away. What an emotional roller coaster ride!

As for the ending...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I knew what he was doing was wrong. That he should have let her die in order to save mankind...but on the other hand if I was in his position I would like to think I would have the guts to sacrifice her to save mankind. But I suspect I probably wouldn't if I really was in a position like that. I likely would have done the same thing if it was my wife or my daughter (if I had one) It's sick and it's selfish and it's human. Thank you Naughty Dog for reminding humanity it's a broken mess :P