The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #651
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Last of Us

I don't know...I think they pretty much ended the story of the current characters. I'd rather see a DLC that gives us a view of things from the Fireflies or some other survivors.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #652
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Just beat it on Survivor difficulty. I just absolutely adore this game - the level of writing and story development here is so far beyond anything else this generation it's hard to believe. It is undoubtedly one of the most intelligent pieces of media I've ever experienced.

Dark Souls is still my favorite game of the generation, because its revolutions are embedded within its gameplay, but what From Software's masterpiece does for input ND's equivalent does for storytelling. It also helps that it shoots down the 'too linear' accusations the studio gathered after the Uncharted trilogy, calling their talent as an actual 'game' dev into question.

I just can't get over how incredible the second half of it is. It goes from strength to strength.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #653
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So what is everyone's overall opinion of this game? I know its getting great reviews, but I've heard some complaints about the game feeling too dark and stuff. I wasn't planning on buying it, but now that I have a job, I think I'll get it just because it sounds like the best game ever for the PS3.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #654
Havok83
Side-Kick

Its not the best game ever for the PS3 but its pretty damn good. I don't think its a perfect 10, but 9.5 is appropriate. Its very well written, graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. I really cant think of anything fundamentally wrong or that I would change about it. Everything it sets out to do, it does well. Some people may find it a bit slow in the beginning but its really setting up the story, introducing you to the characters and teaching you how to play the game and really all that is necessary.

I think the MP is overrated and don't quite care for it, but Im not counting that against the game as SP is where its at.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #655
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
So what is everyone's overall opinion of this game? I know its getting great reviews, but I've heard some complaints about the game feeling too dark and stuff. I wasn't planning on buying it, but now that I have a job, I think I'll get it just because it sounds like the best game ever for the PS3.
Pick it up when you can man. It's doing some thing in games that alot of people wouldn't expect in in any thing other then a movie for some people or other mediums. it's an artistic master piece. and add some thing when you feel for the characters even the ones your fighting well most of them. cause when they are hit with a weapon you can see the damage it does to them and that they are human and how much those kind of thing's hurt compared to what was done in uncharted (and no I'm not knocking on uncharted it's just this felt like less of a game compared to uncharted and it's sequels ) there was a small few you can't feel sorry for or sympathize . but I'll let you find that out for your self, when you play it. pick it up when you can. It's well worth your time and you'll be glad you did.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #656
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
It's the second best game I've played this gaming generation, an absolute masterpiece, pick it up asap, you will be rewarded.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #657
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

It's a fantastic game. It's rare to see such a level of quality.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #658
Superhero 101
DESI

Started survivormode it's friggin tough without the ability to hear through the walls

Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #659
Destructus86
Side-Kick

It's one of the best games of this generation.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #660
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Its not the best game ever for the PS3.
What tops it for you?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #661
Superhero 101
DESI

I think it is the best PS3 Exclusive as of right now. And is definitely one of the best games this generation.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #662
zenith16
Side-Kick

oh yeah so there is peace lol with how cray the rest of the web went over this.

Ellen Page Makes Nice With Naughty Dog & Ken Levine Gives Update on BioShock Infinite DLC

19 hours 35 minutes ago - Every day, in addition to The Daily Fix, we list off the day's biggest stories in this simple and easy to read format. Read More

source:IGN
Any way I knew it would be settled.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #663
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
What tops it for you?
Overall I think Uncharted 2 still stands as my favorite PS3 title. Mass Effect 2 ranks up there as well. TLoU rounds out my top 3

Yay, good news for those hoping for a sequel! I think after this interview, the series is definitely making its way to the PS4 in the future, especially since all reports are pointing to it selling extremely well. A bit spoilerish if you haven't played to the end:

http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-...nt-r-586791127

Quote:
"I can clarify that quote, because I've seen it misquoted," Druckmann told me yesterday. "I said this journey for Joel and Ellie is complete. In a spoiler sense, I was referring to the journey with the Fireflies and what they're after with the cure and all that. We're not continuing that.

"But as far as whether we come back to Joel and Ellie or not, or whether we come back to the world or not, that's all up in the air. I can tell you there are people in the studio that would love to come back to these characters, but the only way we would do it would be if we had something new, something meaningful to say. Because the last thing we would want to do is repeat ourselves."

Last edited by Havok83; 06-27-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #664
Superhero 101
DESI

If there is a sequel I wonder how they will do it it would be tough to top this one

Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 AM   #665
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Do people here agree with the critics calling it the 'Citizen Kane' of video games?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #666
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I don't think that phrase should every really be used at all, but I do honestly think is has one of the most intelligent stories written for gaming.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #667
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Do people here agree with the critics calling it the 'Citizen Kane' of video games?
Not every single one of them said those words . But I don't that really should be used . but most of them say it's their goty. This game did some thing that most other games with almost some of the same type of idea's should try to aspire to though .

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #668
Havok83
Side-Kick

Why was Sarah
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
killed? I didnt get why those man shot at her for no apparent reason

Old 06-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #669
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Quote:
Why was Sarah
killed? I didnt get why those man shot at her for no apparent reason
He was ordered to shoot them on site over the radio. That was likely the army's first priority during the initial outbreak - putting down people with any remote chance of being infected. Joel was covered in blood and carrying a wounded little girl.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #670
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

It's not the best game, it's a good game. I know people here gonna hate me but I think Uncharted series is the best.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #671
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'm not sure you can say one series is better than the other. They're very different games with deliberately different tones and gameplay features. It's like saying Indiana Jones is better than The Road.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #672
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Well yeah it's different game but it's made for PS3 by Naughty Dog same as Uncharted.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #673
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Well yeah it's different game but it's made for PS3 by Naughty Dog same as Uncharted.
Even so ones more popcorn flick and the other is made to evoke more of a thought process and emotion on the entire situation of what everyone is going through by the actions every one is doing. Especially the violent actions that they do to each other.

You don't feel sorry for any of the people you kill in Uncharted. with the last of us it's not that black and white. It's only small few you can just not worry having to think about that. they each have their place and were meant to find their own audience in a way too. But if your fan of Naughty Dog you can enjoy them for what they are and represent.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #674
Havok83
Side-Kick

I never felt sorry for anyone I killed in TLOU. Not a single one. Not a single person you are forced to kill comes across sympathetic as they are awful people trying to kill you or Ellie. They deserve Joel killing them bc its either that or risk them killing Ellie in cold blood or himself. Its self defense. And considering what happens in the prologue, Joel instinctively killing to protect Ellie makes a whole lot more sense and makes him come across sympathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
He was ordered to shoot them on site over the radio. That was likely the army's first priority during the initial outbreak - putting down people with any remote chance of being infected. Joel was covered in blood and carrying a wounded little girl.
thanks! Makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
It's not the best game, it's a good game. I know people here gonna hate me but I think Uncharted series is the best.
Uncharted 2 remains my favorite ND game but this is definitely better than UC1 and 3 for sure

Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #675
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never felt sorry for anyone I killed in TLOU. Not a single one. Not a single person you are forced to kill comes across sympathetic as they are awful people trying to kill you or Ellie. They deserve Joel killing them bc its either that or risk them killing Ellie in cold blood or himself. Its self defense. And considering what happens in the prologue, Joel instinctively killing to protect Ellie makes a whole lot more sense and makes him come across sympathetic.
Keep in mind I said few. those that were trying to kill her cause she is the cure or that one the wanted do nasty stuff to Ellie with his buddies yeah they deserved it . others were trying to survive. I won't make excuse's. self defense is self defense. But the fact they were also showing the true damage of what bullet can have on a person in when being hit with one in a video game and or even an axe etc when it comes to some other games that's in it's self is something, and no I'm not expecting anyone to understand that fully what I'm getting at. cause that can mean nothing to some one that doesn't want to care about that . It's just something I my self see. I'll leave at that.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread