Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #701
Nathan

Default Re: The Last of Us

What? Seriously? I never noticed that.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #702
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

I only noticed that she does that on the survivor difficulty, I'd be out out health packs or ammo w.o enough supplies to craft more, and she'd give me exactly what I needed, that was awesome

Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #703
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
One thing that I did love about Ellie is that she would give you Health and Ammo which was pretty awesome and helped out a lot during difficult situations
Yeah I just noticed this yesterday while playing on Survivor, I was about to die and she gives me health-pack and later on she kept giving me ammo for guns I wasn't using that had no ammo. Really awesome.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #704
Nathan

That's cool. Guess I have to start playing on survivor soon.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #705
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
That's cool. Guess I have to start playing on survivor soon.
Try playing it safe and conserve what you can, because you won't get much items at all. I almost missed a shiv door and was like "WHAT! I HAVE NO SHIVS!" and was lucky enough to find the part I needed, I'm coming up on another one and this time don't have the supplies I need...

But thanks for the Shotgun shells Ellie, now give me scissors dangit!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #706
Superhero 101
DESI

Those Shiv doors aren't even worth opening in survivor mode they hardly give much, I would rather use them to take out those pesky little clickers

Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #707
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Those Shiv doors aren't even worth opening in survivor mode they hardly give much, I would rather use them to take out those pesky little clickers
I stopped making medkits to just focus on using motolov's, they work great against clickers and if I do right can at least kill three with one. Once I killed five different infected at once hehe.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #708
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Thought the same at first, but then I figured that being a bad guy doesn't mean they magically have a surplus of bullets - its the end of the world, every one is low on supplies.
Ya, except they have unlimited ammo when it comes to shooting at you? Or you just magically kill them whenever they run out of ammo?

Haha, it's not a big deal, pretty easy to suspend your disbelief, but it's also clearly a choice by ND for the sake of making the game more difficult/not as easy.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #709
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I stopped making medkits to just focus on using motolov's, they work great against clickers and if I do right can at least kill three with one. Once I killed five different infected at once hehe.
On that one level where you and the older black brother are trapped trying to exit that tunnel system, I realized that if you toss a molotov and the infected run through it while it's just on the ground, they catch fire. I was able to get like 5-7 of those bastards that way. Saved my ass on survival mode.

Btw, is there anything more awesome than a perfectly place 'nail grenade'? Towards the end of the game I threw one (with a bit of a lead) at 3 soldiers running by me. The sound made them stop and look when it landed in between all of them, and after a beat tore them all apart. Can't really think of a more satisfiying feeling I've had in a game other than maybe my first predator kill in Arkham Asylum. I like that the game takes skill to get through, and being able to stay alive makes it feel so much more rewarding.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #710
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Ya, except they have unlimited ammo when it comes to shooting at you? Or you just magically kill them whenever they run out of ammo?

Haha, it's not a big deal, pretty easy to suspend your disbelief, but it's also clearly a choice by ND for the sake of making the game more difficult/not as easy.
Just about every game developer out there makes the same choice. Otherwise, what's the point of putting limits on your ammo?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #711
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
On that one level where you and the older black brother are trapped trying to exit that tunnel system, I realized that if you toss a molotov and the infected run through it while it's just on the ground, they catch fire. I was able to get like 5-7 of those bastards that way. Saved my ass on survival mode.

Btw, is there anything more awesome than a perfectly place 'nail grenade'? Towards the end of the game I threw one (with a bit of a lead) at 3 soldiers running by me. The sound made them stop and look when it landed in between all of them, and after a beat tore them all apart. Can't really think of a more satisfiying feeling I've had in a game other than maybe my first predator kill in Arkham Asylum. I like that the game takes skill to get through, and being able to stay alive makes it feel so much more rewarding.
In the big tunnel with all the infected near the end of game I was able to take out a whole handful of clickers and runners as well as two bloaters with a molotov followed by a nail bomb. I was surprised at how effective it was.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #712
Crockett
With Teeth

I checked the statistics and I've been playing the game for almost 13 hours and I'm just at the part where Joel and Ellie's in the university, very pleased that the game is longer than your average triple A games.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #713
Superhero 101
DESI

http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/so...s-2-3-domains/

I have never heard of this website but if it is true awesome!!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #714
Havok83
Side-Kick

Been playing my Survivor playthrough now and man fighting the Hunters in the Bookstore is the worse. There's so many of them and there's no checkpoint until you've completely killed them all.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #715
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Been playing my Survivor playthrough now and man fighting the Hunters in the Bookstore is the worse. There's so many of them and there's no checkpoint until you've completely killed them all.
Really? At the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bookstore
I got a checkpoint past the first three guys outside. I played the next day to start past that part and they respawned standing still though I was starting passed them lol. I hide in the alleyway on the left and take them out as they go by the windows eventually I had killed five of them right there.

Last edited by Doc Ock; 07-07-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #716
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Really? At the
bookstore
I got a checkpoint past the first three guys outside. I played the next day to start past that part and they respawned standing still though I was starting passed them lol. I hide in the alleyway on the left and take them out as they go by the windows eventually I had killed five of them right there.
Yep just played through it for 30 minutes with no saves. Cleared out everyone upstairs and I thought I got everyone downstairs but was ambushed and had to restart from the very beginning,. The checkpoints are not consistent in this game at all. Ive noticed in previous sections when Ive died multiple times, I wouldn't always restart in the same place. Sometimes it would put me back a little further in the story and sometimes near where I died.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #717
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

I sneaked through that entire portion and only killed one guy. Once I was outside and through the alley the game saved.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #718
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Yeah on Survivor I really started sneaking by everything killing minimally. In the hotel with the keycard I sprinted past all the stalkers and bloator without killing any. And near the end of the game I sneaked past all the infected and even most of the Fireflies in the hospital. Took like 10 minutes to do both parts it felt.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #719
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im at that part in the hotel right now and its annoying me. As soon as I go to start the generator, a clicker is nearby to bite me

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #720
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Im at that part in the hotel right now and its annoying me. As soon as I go to start the generator, a clicker is nearby to bite me
Did you try going for the keycard first? What I did is get it and wait in the same run because some stalkers and runners come to attack me, then when they are done and killed I start the generator and sprint to the key door. The first sprint a bloater grabbed and killed me on the way, the second run he spawned somewhere else and I got out easily.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #721
Havok83
Side-Kick

The Last of Us is the FASTEST selling new IP in the PS3's history
Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment said Naughty Dog's The Last of Us "surpassed all sales expectations" after shipping 3.4 million units worldwide, including download purchases, in just under three weeks. SCE declared the melancholy horror the fastest-selling PS3 game of the year, as well as the fastest-selling "new software title" in the console's history - in other words: the fastest-selling new intellectual property.

"These sales figures are a testament to the blockbuster quality of The Last of Us," said Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida. "The teams at Naughty Dog are true visionaries and their storytelling capabilities are second to none, this title is an undisputed demonstration of that. SCE continues to be committed to delivering unique gameplay experiences that redefine the interactive entertainment industry and The Last of Us is a perfect example."

Like a zombifying fungus, The Last of Us has really grown on critics and fans alike. Joel and Ellie's grim adventure notched all five stars in our review, with our Richard saying it had a "curious inertia" that he couldn't deny from seeing through to its end. Meanwhile, The Last of Us did what BioShock Infinite and Dead Island: Riptide just fell short of this year: infecting the top of the UK charts for four weeks straight.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/09/th...t-three-weeks/

Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #722
Nathan

So, I guess a sequel is pretty much guaranteed.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #723
Superhero 101
DESI

Wow didn't expect this selling so much

Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #724
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
So, I guess a sequel is pretty much guaranteed.
thank goodness. Theres no way Sony can stay away from numbers like that. A sequel is something that will sell PS4s

Quote:
Wow didn't expect this selling so much
Me either. I had my doubts bc Sony series dont tend to do as well as they should. I think the early reviews and placing the release date just as E3 ended was very well timed. Makes you wonder if the delay was intentional.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #725
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

That's great. I'm not suprised at the news. Everyone gave the game 10/10

Last edited by Two-Face; 07-09-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Closed Thread