Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #826
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Last of Us

The Last of Us 'Left Behind' will show a more playful side of Ellie

(5 minutes ago)

Players will have an opportunity to meet "the real" Ellie in "Left Behind," the upcoming single-player DLC for The Last of Us, actor Ashley Johnson promises. The actor, whose stirring portrayal as a survivor in Naughty Dog's latest game left a colossal impression on critics, told the PlayStation Blog that the prequel will reveal more of Ellie's past and show her in a softer light as she interacts with her similarly-aged friend Riley.

"It's definitely different. It's a little bit more 'fun,' because you have two teenage girls going through a mall. It's kind of like a post-pandemic version of two teenage girls hanging out. Definitely not a normal hangout! It's very different - a little more playful," Johnson says. "I loved the idea that it was kind of a prequel, and you'd meet a younger Ellie and find out what makes her tick."

Johnson says that her return as Ellie was somewhat of a role reversal in studio as the veteran cast member with motion capture experience, acting as support for actor Yaani King as Troy Baker had when The Last of Us began production.

"I was so used to working with Troy and I think a lot of my confidence and comfort on set came from him because he's such a pro," she reveals, adding that her new role as mentor and Baker's absence may have helped her performance portraying a "younger version of Ellie who has her own insecurities as a teenage girl."

A first look trailer for "Left Behind" can be found after the break, courtesy of IGN. Make sure to read Joystiq's "Best of 2013" feature, which handed top honors to The Last of Us. Continue Reading

Source:PlayStation Blog

Old 01-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #827
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Is the multiplayer any good? I know the story single player is what's making us buy the game, obviously. But how is the multiplayer? I loved the MP in the Uncharted games.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #828
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Is the multiplayer any good? I know the story single player is what's making us buy the game, obviously. But how is the multiplayer? I loved the MP in the Uncharted games.
yes it is. And it's actually fun and worth while .there are those that have said it was unnecessary but those are people that have made up their minds that all mp effects the story in every situation of every game that will be made. (That why I don't like over generalization from people. it's not always gonna be the same deal) that's not the case for this.

That said, check it out for your self and see if you like it.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-13-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #829
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. It's definetly a different experience. I wasn't quite feeling it at first but once you get the hang of the mechanics, its actually quite fun and engaging.

Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #830
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yes it is. And it's actually fun and worth while .there are those that have said it was unnecessary but those are people that have made up their minds that all mp effects the story in every situation of every game that will be made. (That why I don't over generalization from people. it's not always gonna be the same deal) that's not the case for this.

That said, check it out for your self and see if you like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yes. It's definetly a different experience. I wasn't quite feeling it at first but once you get the hang of the mechanics,nuts actually quite fun and engaging.
From what I've seen, it looks like a pretty unique MP experience when it comes to shooters.

I've bought the game already, but I'm moving to an apartment and so I don't have my PS3 and TV at home unfortunately. I can't wait!

Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #831
zenith16
Side-Kick

Ok so the date for this is due on valentine's day

The Last of Us 'Left Behind' DLC set for Valentine's Day release

(9 hours ago)

The first DLC chapter for Naughty Dog's The Last of Us is set for a Valentine's Day release, according to a PlayStation Store promotional image captured by GameTrailers.

Pricing the upcoming "Left Behind" chapter at $14.99, the image claims that the DLC will be available on February 14. The pack's Sony Entertainment Network listing has also been updated to reflect the new release date.

Actor Ashley Johnson revealed earlier this week that "Left Behind" will star a younger, more playful version of pandemic survivor Ellie. "Left Behind" is included as part of The Last of Us' Season Pass.

and

News

No More Single-Player DLC for The Last of Us

Naughty Dog has confirmed that The Last of Us‘ Left Behind DLC will be the only single-player addition to the game. The first DLC made available as part of the game's season pass was

source:GameTrailers & EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited by zenith16; 01-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #832
Ash J. Williams
Hail to the king

I like the idea of there being a prequel game, but I'm not sure how I feel about there being a series.

My deviantART
My art thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell
B movies won a long time ago; the A movies just don't know it yet.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 AM   #833
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Can't wait for this. Will play the DLC and then prob replay the game again. It's just too good.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #834
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Just borrowed this off a friend a few days ago. Took it back to him the same night. He thought I hated it, just told him I liked it so much in two hours of gameplay that I went out and bought my own. This is probably one of the best games I've ever played. The storyline is extremely gripping, the environments are spectacular, the music is eerie and haunting, the gameplay is innovative. Doesn't get much better than that. It's like they took my two favorite franchises (RE & MGS) and mashed them together. Could not ask for a better game.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #835
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Just beat the game and the story and graphics were all great however i was a little disapointed in how conventional the gameplay was at times. I was sort of expecting the ability to not even have to kill much or at all in certain inatances but there were quite a few mandatory room clearings before being able to proceed.

If the gameplay was a little more unique it would have really blown me away but this game is still up there.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #836
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Just beat the game and the story and graphics were all great however i was a little disapointed in how conventional the gameplay was at times. I was sort of expecting the ability to not even have to kill much or at all in certain inatances but there were quite a few mandatory room clearings before being able to proceed.

If the gameplay was a little more unique it would have really blown me away but this game is still up there.
There are instances where you don't have to kill at all. So not really sure what you mean but alright.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #837
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
There are instances where you don't have to kill at all. So not really sure what you mean but alright.
In most of the cases you had to clear a whole room before being able to proceed.

In the end you weren't really rewarded for finding ways to stick to pure stealth even though that would be technically harder, because in the cases you could just sneak by you'd end up missing a lot of the tools and things you'd need for up-grades.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #838
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

New rumor about a possible sequel to this:

Quote:
Is The Last of Us 2 in Development at Naughty Dog?
Don't believe everything you hear.

Naughty Dog is allegedly working on The Last of Us 2, despite the fact that the first game remains ongoing, as well as the recent announcement of Uncharted for PS4. Releasing in 2015, according to Omelete, The Last of Us 2 is already in production for PlayStation 4.

Given the studio's release patterns, a Last of Us sequel next year doesn't make sense, so take the rumor with a grain of salt. Naughty Dog is still scheduled to release The Last of Us' expansion on February 14, while many other developers toil away on the next Uncharted. This leaves few resources for a sequel to The Last of Us, on new hardware no less. Furthermore, given development cycles, it's unlikely that a project such as this would be out of pre-production and in full development.

Contacted for comment, Sony responded to IGN stating, "Thanks for reaching out. However, we do not comment on rumor or speculation."

For more on Naughty Dog and all of its games, check out Rising to Greatness: The History of Naughty Dog on IGN.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook

Old 01-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #839
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Hmm. I love the first game. But I'm not sure where they would go with a sequel. Hopefully Naughty Dog proves me wrong, like they usually do.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #840
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I hope not. I'd love to see Naughty Dog coming with a new IP that's different from Uncharted and The Last of Us.

As much as I loved this game, I have no interest in seeing the same or different characters trying to survive the same thing again.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #841
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

If it's done right, which I think by now Naughty Dog has earned the right for us to have faith in them to do so, it could be great. But I agree, I love the game for what it is and I don't think it needs a sequel regardless of whether or not it involves the same characters or story.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #842
Havok83
Side-Kick

It was the fastest selling Sony exclusive on the PS3 and their most critically acclaimed title. People are fooling themselves if they dont expect it to get a sequel.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #843
Superhero 101
DESI

I think new characters is the way to go i hope they don't use Joel and Ellie

Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #844
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It was the fastest selling Sony exclusive on the PS3 and their most critically acclaimed title. People are fooling themselves if they dont expect it to get a sequel.
But I think Naughty Dog is reason enough to warrant huge sales since the Uncharted games, and even more so after TLoU.

I think a completely new game, given as much level of detail and quality as TLoU, would sell at least as much.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #845
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I think Naughty Dog is reason enough to warrant huge sales since the Uncharted games, and even more so after TLoU.

I think a completely new game, given as much level of detail and quality as TLoU, would sell at least as much.
and they can do a new IP after TLoU's sequel, if it happens its done. The iron is hot now; it would be best to be working on it now to capitalize on after UC4's release. A lot of new PS converts have come into the PS4 and hearing great buzz about TLoU. Its set to be a Now title, and will help build up a newer fanbase for it, which will be around when the inevitable sequel drops. I get that some people don't want it, the numbers don't lie. It would make financial sense from a business perspective to do another as opposed to letting it be a forgotten franchise left to die in the last gen

Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #846
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-e-awards.aspx

Ah yea that's what I'm talking bout! Extremely deserving of all its rewards!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #847
Crockett
With Teeth

Did TLOU really deserved all the accolades? Hell yes.

Last edited by Crockett; 02-07-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #848
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Just started this; already hooked!

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm more of a casual gamer.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 02-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #849
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Would you guys like to see Naughty Dog actually doing a Savage Starlight game?
Reading the description of each book, it really seems like an epic journey. I think ND could make an amazing game out of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-e-awards.aspx

Ah yea that's what I'm talking bout! Extremely deserving of all its rewards!
So deserved!

Last edited by Jick09; 02-07-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #850
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I wanted Savage Starlight to be a real comic lol.