The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Default Mario Kart 7

It's out now!

Post your reactions, thoughts, comments, and feedback.

I'm about to pick my copy up now during my lunch break.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Default Re: Mario Kart 7

Wow, I played a little bit while in the car (I just coincidentally brought my 3DS with me today) and the game looks damn good. The 3D is really clear and well placed and the graphics are damn near Wii quality.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
NHawk19
insert witty comment

why cant they get another release of this for the wii

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Mario Karts have always been one per generation/per system.

Its the same old same old. This game uses the 3D very well (Mario 3D Land using it the best). None of the new items really up'd the ante, and they took away the Mega Mushroom

You're still punished for playing well. It wouldn't be Mario Kart if 1st place wasn't bombarded by at least three blue shells, two lightning bolts, and plenty of red shells.

The courses are either EXTREMELY AWESOME or extremely meh. No in between. Courses like Daisy Hills, Wario Shipyard, even this games Bowser Castle weren't all that exciting, then on the flipside you had some great course, beautiful tracks, challenging courses with the likes of this game's Rainbow Road (maybe the best yet? Close call...Double Dash's RR was HOTNESS fun), Neo Bowser City (I did NOT expect a Bowser themed track to look like THAT...they even remixed the Toad's Turnpike theme!!!), the surprisingly good Mii-themed/Wii Resorts-themed Wuhu courses, and as always, as every Mario Kart needs that "really? Totally Brilliant, Original, FUN" course (as Waluigi Pinball was to DS, Baby Park was to Double Dash...) this game offers up Music Park, the best course IMO in the entire game.

I really liked how some of the courses didn't loop but instead where continuous. You started at A and the course would stretch alllllll the way to B. There wasn't a circuit, but a grand tour style race. Sadly there are I think about only three in the game (and all three were some of the better tracks).

I hate how Mario Kart game make you play all the tracks (32 in all) three times each (50C, 100C, & 150C) before you can unlock Mirror Mode. The 50 and 100Cs are so BORING, while 150C is where its at. If only we could JUST complete the game's courses on its highest difficulty (150C) to unlock Mirror Mode and be done with it.

Haven't experienced any of the other modes; Multiplayer, Wifi, Battle, etc. Also haven't tinkered around with the Kart customization (I just stick with the default combinations).

Its pretty much just Mario Kart all over again. If you love this franchise, nothing will disappoint you here. I'm happy I have my special track here. I Music Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So what features should they bring over to the next Mario Kart from 7?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
Soapy
It's happening again...

So I bought Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed on Steam a few days ago and I've been playing the hell out of it. It's super awesome and I highly recommend any Mario Kart fans give it a try. Anyway, playing it and having such a great time with it got me thinking about what I would want out of a new Mario Kart. How would you guys feel if Nintendo ditched the traditional Mario Kart thing and incorporated ALL of Nintendo into it Smash Bros-style? Personally I would be completely on board.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I remember someone suggesting this with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Ridley, Fox, Falco, Slippy as some unlockable characters. Of course, it was met with negative chastising, "Mario Kart should stay strictly Mario" or "It's MARIO Kart not Nintendo Kart, lol". I like the idea if done well.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

I had this game, but I ended up trading it in. Something about it just didn't thrill me. Maybe it's because it was more of the same, or maybe it's because using the shoulder buttons when you have large hands with the 3DS was extremely painful.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #9
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I had this game, but I ended up trading it in. Something about it just didn't thrill me. Maybe it's because it was more of the same, or maybe it's because using the shoulder buttons when you have large hands with the 3DS was extremely painful.
You should consider getting a 3DS XL.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #10
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
You should consider getting a 3DS XL.
I'm saving for one right now. Been super broke lately so it's at the bottom of my priority list. I find the original 3DS an absolute nightmare on my hands.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
I'm saving for one right now. Been super broke lately so it's at the bottom of my priority list. I find the original 3DS an absolute nightmare on my hands.
I had a regular 3DS, but sold it & with the cash I got from it got myself an XL.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #12
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
These are the exact reasons why I played Mario Kart 7 less than other Mario Karts. Mario Kart is usually just the same old same old, been there done that.

Plus, like you, drifting while trying to hold the shoulder button to keep an item dragged behind me is a b&^%$ on the 3DS...never had this problem with the DS (Mario Kart DS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post

Plus, like you, drifting while trying to hold the shoulder button to keep an item dragged behind me is a b&^%$ on the 3DS...never had this problem with the DS (Mario Kart DS).
I couldn't do it. It hurt my hand too much. I bought Mario Kart 7 because I wanted a casual game I could just pop in and play for a few, but the awkwardness of the shoulder buttons was just too obnoxious to deal with. I traded it in towards Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
zenith16
Side-Kick

just slightly off topic(causeit's not a video game) but still deal's with the mario kart series as we know it and some people will have fun with this.

Reviews

Mario Kart Wii RC Kart Review

Victor and Scott race around with Mario Kart
MultipleReviews

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote