The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #601
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Wasn't it also confirmed somewhere that Lockdown would be a bounty hunter or collector of some sort. That would line up with what you mentioned.
Yeah, sounds like he's both. Joblo rumors look to be true, they metioned Lockdown's rumored role awhile back along with some other characters who have been confirmed now. Sounds like it's a big villain role, but don't know if he's the main bad guy of the flick.

Looking forward to that character.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #602
dark_b
Side-Kick

about the cgi. they decided to have Prime in the first act very clean compared to the previous model .(2007,2009,2011)

plus they changed the renderer (software for creating robots)for robots last year for Pacific Rim. its now Arnold.
http://www.solidangle.com/news/pacific-rim/

so the robots will look a little different IMO.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #603
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Can't say I'm a big fan. I liked the method they were using before and it's pretty noticeable that this more simplistic model is being used to save some money.

None of the footage looked bad but none of it looked as good as Dark of the Moon.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #604
dark_b
Side-Kick

to bad that they didnt show more BB.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #605
TeeKay
Side-Kick

So this is Galvatron?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #606
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Grimlock looks like a Beast!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #607
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Optimus has his old body in that one shot of him getting blown up, so it looks like there will be an actual reason for him getting a new form.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #608
nightwing06
Side-Kick

The best things about these films are the action and visuals,so yes they will get my money again,in the theatre featuring RPX,ETX,or Dolby Atmos sound !!!!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #609
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Could be wrong. Don't think that is Galvatron though. These films make **** up as they go along. Lockdown could be a bad ass bounty hunter like rumored or somehting cause the bot who is walking away from that ship is clearly gonna **** **** up. Gotta take Prime out some how.

Id rather see a deadly decepticon take him out then hanging like a puppet from wires with three autobots helping him down ya know?
Very few Decepticons can take down Prime, I named four in another post and they were Megatron, Shockwave, Galvatron and Sixshot, at a stretch I would maybe include Straxus as well. If that character isnt one of them I will have hard time buying that just a normal Decepticon can take out Optimus Prime!

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #610
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

Ugh I hate myself this franchise always gets me I hated the last two I always say I won't go see the new one in the theater and I always get suckered in and buy it on bluray even though I hate it.....they got me again just for Optimus riding grimlock

Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #611
Marvin
Side-Kick

I love all the disclaimers before the appreciation. Really goes to show just how much 'hating the franchise' is cool really plays a factor in all the internet discourse.

Anyways, Bay said this would going to have a huge '(car) chase from hell' element, that might also explain why bee has two new car forms.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #612
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
to bad that they didnt show more BB.
Wait for trailer.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #613
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Very few Decepticons can take down Prime, I named four in another post and they were Megatron, Shockwave, Galvatron and Sixshot, at a stretch I would maybe include Straxus as well. If that character isnt one of them I will have hard time buying that just a normal Decepticon can take out Optimus Prime!
He wouldn't be looked at as a "normal" Decepticon in this though. They are making him more deadly and giving him a more prominent role. Lockdown has hunted Prime in the past animated series as well as other popular bots when he gets hired for a bounty. He obviously isn't going to kill him or anything. But I see nothing wrong with making Lockdown an awesome Bounty hunter and a major threat. That actually sounds really cool imo and something new for the series. Depends on the context and what goes on in the scene. They have had way more unbelievable tihngs happen to Prime, like the Puppet scene in DOTM.

I'm sure Lockdown will get owned in some form.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #614
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I have a feeling the last shot of AOE will be hinting at Unicron. Anyone else think that's possible?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #615
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I have a feeling the last shot of AOE will be hinting at Unicron. Anyone else think that's possible?
Yeah, Im thinking the end will be Galvatron and Unicron related. Hopefully. They can only hold off on Unicron for so long. I don't think he will be in this one but maybe hinted at.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #616
Marvin
Side-Kick

These vfx are so curious.

The bad news is Scott Farrar the lead for the past 3 films is seemingly gone, which would imply the director/vfx team cadence will need to be relearned. Moreover Farrar was heading some of the best effects in the bizz with those films imo.

The good news is Jeff White is now the lead. Ignoring that he just came off leading avengers vfx(not too shabby) his first lead position, he's also been assistant in some form or another on the previous films vfx. Including co lead on TF3 and the lead on the Ride.

I just hope they brighten up the photography. The freeway scene in dark of the moon was too great.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #617
Marvin
Side-Kick

Also curious

Most Buzzed about SuperBowl Spot

Good old bay.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #618
def28
Side-Kick

Nice

Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #619
dark_b
Side-Kick

is grimlock a trex or a dragon ?

Last edited by dark_b; 02-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #620
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
is grimlock a trex or a dragon ?

Grimlock is supposed to be based on a T-Rex that shoots lasers or fire from its mouth hopefully they got that part right, but they have taken their liberties with all the Dinobots. If the 2 headed creature is supposed to be Swoop then they couldn't even get a Pterodactyl right.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #621
Slushy
The Man

I'm not too fond of the horns either, but hey its fu**ing Grimlock. I'm guessing Greg Berger won't be reprising his role:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Which is a damn shame, but I'll still be watching AOE. About damn time Bay finally listened to the fans about including The Dinobots!

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #622
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

i havent been following this at all, i enjoyed the first but the second and third felt like an ice pick in the eye

but i have to ask why have they gone with what seem oriental influences with grimlock. you see him crash through what seems to be a pogoda and then the dragon look

shame it seems the dinobots have been messed with and it was the only thing that could have interested me

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #623
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Grimlock is supposed to be based on a T-Rex that shoots lasers or fire from its mouth hopefully they got that part right, but they have taken their liberties with all the Dinobots. If the 2 headed creature is supposed to be Swoop then they couldn't even get a Pterodactyl right.
If the Dinobots don't start off having their Alt Dino form right away then they might get it in Hong Kong which may be why Grimlock has a more Dragon look.

I think with Swoop/Strafe there is a possibility the head may split.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #624
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

Grimlock's horns aside, the body itself is very much reminiscent of a T-Rex. Especially the skull.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #625
def28
Side-Kick

I think he looks awesome. The mouth and horns do come off more Dragon like then a T-Rex but otherwise it's all there.

Saw a crew hoodie with art of Grimlocks bot form on TFW. Looks like a huge barbarian bot with a giant mace in one hand and some other staff/mace weapon in another. Looked pretty sick if that's the design they are going with.

Last edited by def28; 02-03-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Closed Thread