The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #926
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

2 is probably one of the worst experiences i've ever had in a cinema. I actually felt physically ill afterwards. It literally gave me a migraine.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #927
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I felt the smile slowly fading from my face.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #928
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
2 is probably one of the worst experiences i've ever had in a cinema. I actually felt physically ill afterwards. It literally gave me a migraine.
Literally eh.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #929
Lord
All Mighty

Hah, i can actually understand why someone would feel sick after watching that film, it's even shot in an unpleasant way, that's why i enjoyed the 3rd film much more, much better on the eyes.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #930
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Ditto. I think the twins might have had a lot to do with that.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #931
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Ditto. I think the twins might have had a lot to do with that.
Yeah, I feel embarrassed for all the kids that went to see it...

Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #932
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Eh, I have had worse movie experiences than TF2, X-Men 3 for example, TF2 at least got my pulse racing a few times, X3 I was just angry all the way through.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #933
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Eh, I have had worse movie experiences than TF2, X-Men 3 for example, TF2 at least got my pulse racing a few times, X3 I was just angry all the way through.
X3 was indeed anger inducing, but with TF2 I felt embarrassed and even uncomfortable at times.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #934
Marvin
Side-Kick

What's to be embarrassed about, not much in these films that isn't in the cartoons.
Feel embarrassed for the kids, surely not the same kids that watch 90's nickelodeon

Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 AM   #935
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
In least X-3 wasn't shot in an unconfortable way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah, I feel embarrassed for all the kids that went to see it...
I remember after the film came out, my friends who had watched the film liked the twins, like with Jar Jar it's an element that the internet wants to convince how everybody hated, but in the end was liked by most kids.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:49 AM   #936
universeman
Side-Kick

I agree TF2 was a let down I asked a lot of people when it came out which one was better and they said 2 was and I was like really ? because I thought the first one was way better!

Old 03-12-2014, 05:51 AM   #937
Lord
All Mighty

I think that in most cases with the general public they just eat whatever's new and brighter.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #938
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Honestly? I think you guys are overreacting.

ROTF was a deeply flawed movie, most of it down to Bay's impatience with the writers strike, but it's not the spawn of Satan people try and make it out to be.

Yes, Shia's screaming was annoying... As was Leo... And Simmons' butt was not something that required a close up...And Galloway was irritating (deliberately so IMHO) And yes, the fact Devestator had giant balls was... Rather crude. But I thought the parents in this (bar the cookie episode) were well done as was the forest battle.

The twins... I've said it before and i'll say it again. They were nothing more than the annoying little kids from down the road that try and pretend they are 'gangsta'. I think you completely miss the entire point of the characters if you make it anything else (if I can be a little blunt).

Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #939
Lord
All Mighty

Honestly, i usually enjoy Michael Bay's films, even if only for the action, but i really dislike the one in RotF.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #940
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

It's lots of action with 1-2 genuinely good character moments, in a 2+ hour movie. I don't think people are overreacting. Even if you don't think it's that bad, it's still an incredibly boring Movie. Yes, even when there's action. I still remember how I checked the time during the final battle.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #941
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea what, it's like 2 and a half hours long. The very definition of self indulgence. It's boring, even the action scenes because they mean nothing. The film was made for trailers and money shots. And the way it's edited and shot... it is migraine inducing. It's probably the most poorly edited movie in Bay's filmography.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #942
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

This film looks like it will be awesome, but I/we have been fooled before numerous times lol.

TF 1 could've been waaay better, but set the tone.

TF 2 should have come after TF 3 and really was just a film for the direct/writers to do their own thing sans origins IMO. The film had some plot wholes just like the first and reduced Megatron to a second in command....Sorry if there is no Unicron then Megatron should not play second fiddle.

TF 3 better than 1 & 2. Story should have followed 1 as it made more sense, but also was like a 2hr music video. Also, a few plot wholes...with all the transformers being buried on the moon and no one knowing about it really.

TF 4 you can be better, you should be better, you better be better....but judging from your past I'm not holding my breath. Just give me Galvatron, Grimlock, Swoop, Snarl, Slag and Sludge, Unicron and a bounty hunting transformer.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #943
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea what, it's like 2 and a half hours long. The very definition of self indulgence.
Look in the webster's dictionary and you will find a picture of all these then.
Quote:
It's boring,
My uncle get's bored watching the Godfather 1&2(also in that self indulgent run time category it seems), in a less self important world, I think that means he found it boring rather than the film itself being as such. People finding things boring is often, if not always an indication about their state of mind/circumstance rather than the work itself. See most people listening to classical symphony. Boredom is a fickle thing imo.

Quote:
even the action scenes because they mean nothing.
Action doesn't always have to 'mean' anything. Just like a dance number doesn't have to, or a gag in a comedy. What is has to do is entertain. That being said, when characters do or can die and the next bit of plot relies on the outcome of the conflict driven action, it's hard for action not to mean at least something. Often times you learn of a character's metal and selfless inclinations due to their choices during the action, that is if you didn't know them before. Sequels are tricky.
Quote:
The film was made for trailers and money shots.
To sell toys and to make money as well. Also to entertain people that subscribe to this sort of entertainment. It owes little to people looking for something else...
Quote:
And the way it's edited and shot... it is migraine inducing.
Lot's of films have similar editing. From Saving Private ryan and many war films to Crank and Bourne Ultimatum...etc.

Like films with heavy strobing, perhaps they should issue a warning prior to showtimes. Maybe if more people actually complained...

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #944
Lord
All Mighty

I didn't find Ryan's way it was shot unpleasant at all.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #945
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #946
The Endless
WE are Groot

If action doesn't mean nothing in a film then it's pointless. You might as well just be watching a CGI demonstration on your computer.

You seem to be a big fan, that's fine. But your constant counterpoints are... pointless. I'm entitled to criticise the film and any film. As you are entitled to defend it... but it's falling on deaf ears and it seems you are taking the criticisms personally, for some bizarre reason. You won't change my mind about the film, so it's futile.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #947
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
If action doesn't mean nothing in a film then it's pointless. You might as well just be watching a CGI demonstration on your computer.

You seem to be a big fan, that's fine. But your constant counterpoints are... pointless. I'm entitled to criticise the film and any film. As you are entitled to defend it... but it's falling on deaf ears and it seems you are taking the criticisms personally, for some bizarre reason. You won't change my mind about the film, so it's futile.
I'm not a big fan, I just disagree with things I disagree with.
That bit about action for example. It pertains to any and all films, we just seem to be having the discussion here as it often brought up here. Speaking of which, I expressed that I thought the action had plenty of purpose in these films(particularly the forest and final battles), but to your point. Even a purposeless sequence has it's vaule. I come from the school of thought that finds films like Fantasia with it's countless musical set pieces...of value. Art falls upon people in different ways, that's the point. For everyone that says films need character arcs/development to be good, I say watch 'baraka' and step out of convention for a day. To each their own.

I'm personally fine with everyone having an opinion, I do tend to respond to phrasing though. One finding a film boring vs a film actually being a such are two very different things, phrasing always piques my interest.

I watch alot of summer films with my young cousin. She's the type that walks into a theater with a toy in hand. We watched TDKR together and she was pretty much knocked out during various portions of the film(even early into the viewing). I fear it went over her head, or worse. A shame cause she really enjoyed the animated series. We also watched the last few TF films together and she was fully on board. Cheering for characters, scared at times, bouncing around....Not bored, not confused buy the 'confusing plot', no migraine, and nothing going over head.
I find this anecdote purposeful in that: the audience that gave batman his initial and biggest success really wasn't kids, so it's pretty fine that the new films don't honor them. However with Transformers, it was very much the kids, me at 9 if you will. Imagine my chagrin when grown ups my age, the same demo that didn't give the property the time of day back when it found success during saturday mornings, speak on how silly they find these products. What I find important is what the kids think, are the 9 year olds honored or are they bored and passing out as the first act goes over their heads.
Just a thought.
Time and time again we see what happens when an audience isn't satisfied with a film in a franchise. It results in Xmen first class not making any money for all it's value. For these TF films to keep making more and more and lots of money consistently means they are engaging their audience. Hard to find another film that isn't the prequels to star wars that has done similar in the face of detraction.

I don't intend to change your mind, just share with you my opinion. As I'm sure you're here to share an opinion and not actually change anyone else mind.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #948
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I didn't find Ryan's way it was shot unpleasant at all.
If I were to post up the beach sequence right now and compare it to the final battle in the first film(let alone DOTM)...safe to say there will be similarities, if not worse. What's more, everyone looks/is dressed the same, I digress.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #949
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
ROTF was a deeply flawed movie, most of it down to Bay's impatience with the writers strike
It wasn't his impatience...Paramount set the date for its release and it wasn't going to move. I'd argue Bay did what he could do once the Strike began. Paramount and more importantly, Hasbro, wanted a product. Nothing was going to stop them from getting it, and if Bay had protested I'm sure there would have been at least animosity, if not him being fired.

Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Chattery on Reddit

"Sin City" Avatar made by Lady Marion.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #950
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If I were to post up the beach sequence right now and compare it to the final battle in the first film(let alone DOTM)...safe to say there will be similarities, if not worse. What's more, everyone looks/is dressed the same, I digress.
Nope, that scene is simply very well done, i can follow the action, instead of only looking at the soldier's feet, the shaky makes it look like found footage of war in a way, makes the battle look even more realistic.

Closed Thread