Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #251
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpartanX54
Yes, I want this. I want to see classic Avengers villians like Kang, Ultron, Skrulls, and The Masters of Evil. Since Hank Pym will most likely be in Avengers 2, I think Ultron could be a possibility. And Ultron could fit with Joss' idea of making Avengers 2 more personal.
I don't like Ultron for the second film. It's hard to see the climax playing out differently than the first, which isn't to say you can't introduce Ultron in a movie. In Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Ultron was created by Stark.

I mean, would hope the writing is better, but that's just an idea, so if they did that, they don't need Pym.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #252
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Ultron should be the villain in this. Thanos should be the big conclusion to this cast's Avengers.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #253
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I know, but none went to direct sequel. Thanos would be the first.
If that theory holds true, and I'm not saying it won't, then it probably means we'd see Thanos as early as next year. Which isn't out of the realm of possibility ---- obviously, there's no fit for him in IM3, but there's *all kinds* of reasons to put him in Thor TDW. Not least of which is that this very post-cred scene sets it up for Thanos and/or The Other to collect on a debt from Loki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Ultron should be the villain in this. Thanos should be the big conclusion to this cast's Avengers.
*If* Feige and Wright have come to an understanding that (at least one) Ant-Man is going to join the Avengers in the sequel, then yes, you've set up the possibility of Ultron.

But as others have pointed out: how do you portray Ultron on film as something more than the same old Killer Robot they've seen umpteen times before in the movies....? This is one of those cases where what works in the comics on paper doesn't look nearly as good on film.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #254
marcvader
Lurker #1

How would you portray an alien invasion they've seen umpteen times in the movies? Hmm?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #255
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If that theory holds true, and I'm not saying it won't, then it probably means we'd see Thanos as early as next year. Which isn't out of the realm of possibility ---- obviously, there's no fit for him in IM3, but there's *all kinds* of reasons to put him in Thor TDW. Not least of which is that this very post-cred scene sets it up for Thanos and/or The Other to collect on a debt from Loki.

*If* Feige and Wright have come to an understanding that (at least one) Ant-Man is going to join the Avengers in the sequel, then yes, you've set up the possibility of Ultron.

But as others have pointed out: how do you portray Ultron on film as something more than the same old Killer Robot they've seen umpteen times before in the movies....? This is one of those cases where what works in the comics on paper doesn't look nearly as good on film.
You portray him as a Killer Robot with an Oedipus complex, who creates a "fallen son" who betrays him and becomes a superhero in his own right (not to mention with awesome density-shifting powers)... Ultimately, you make the Killer Robot story a much more human and personal story. Also, you put him up against the freakin' Avengers in a sequel to the most successful superhero movie ever. I don't think people will have any trouble watching that multiple times. They just saw the "same old alien invasion" story they'd seen umpteen times before, and they still made it the 3rd highest grossing film of all time.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #256
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
How would you portray an alien invasion they've seen umpteen times in the movies? Hmm?
Hehe, you got to that first =P

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #257
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This may be waaaaay out there, but Ultron's face glows red, and the red infinity gem is the power gem...

If they wanted to make Ultron truly terrifying, and keep the Thanos relevance going...
YESSSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
I like idea chewy! It gives us Ultron and saves Thanos for the third film after he gains more development to make him seem even more menacing.
So do I. And I really Like the idea of the power gem powering Ultron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
So Pym would use the gem to power Ultron? That's kind of sexy. Especially if Thanos is shown collecting other gems in GOTG.
Totally works. Though its tough, cause it seems like the gems are already gathered on the IG

Quote:
So far all the post credits scenes have led to other movies not its sequel.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Nah, save him for Avengers 2.
Save him only for Avengers 2. Sure, lets just throw away a big story we have going for Thanos. Throw that all away so the other movies can remain to their own, and then have the entire Thanos story in Avengers 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Nail on the head

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #258
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I think how Shield/Fury were a reccuring theme in Phase one, Thanos/Power Gems will be the recurring theme of Phase 2. Maybe they will cast someone for Thanos and we will even hear his voice in a post credit scene(BTW who played Thanos in A1?), or mid credits or even with-in the film. I'm not worried about Thanos being used in A2 if Marvel pulls off it's coupe on Fox

Old 08-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #259
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Ive sort of had my fill of the whole "A.I. Apocalypse" thing. This has been covered extensively in the last 20 years or so - books, comic books, movies, tv etc. Only time travel has been used more in recent history. I like Ultron as a villain, but if he doesnt play a part in TA2 or 3, it wont bother me in the least. Plenty of other, less-traveled roads for Marvel to explore.

If they do go with Ultron, I still have faith it will be good, but its not my first or second or third choice for a villain.

Also i would prefer a full-fledged performance from a great character actor as opposed to a disembodied robotic voice.

If I were a betting man (i am actually), Id put my money on Ultron as a villain in one of the sequels. Just not my personal preference.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 08-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #260
steintym
Stay Frosty

At some point, Ultron has to be in an Avengers movie. If he's not in the sequel as the main villain, he has to at least be introduced.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #261
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They can get a pilot produced in 11 months, no problem.

And it looks like Ant-Man is gearing up to get started once Thor wraps.
Wright starts filming "World's End" in October, which will be out next year. I can see them filming Ant Man after that in late '13 for a late '14/early '15 release.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #262
AvengeME
Banned User

Go with the female Ultron to spice up the AI gone bad route and excite the horny fanboys like myself. That way Pym can fall in love with his own creation and the Ant-Man movie can write itself: as a standalone movie and also a lead in to Avengers 2.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #263
marcvader
Lurker #1

And what of Janet?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #264
AvengeME
Banned User

Quote:
And what of Janet?
Ultron threatens the marriage. Janet contemplates separating/seeing other people. Sort of the stipulated love triangle we have grown accustomed to in these franchises.

I was hoping to get that with Pepper/Happy/Stark but they never dragged it out as they could have. Just good opportunity for humor if nothing else. I guess had Favreau directed, he would feature himself in a bigger role in IM3.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #265
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Go with the female Ultron to spice up the AI gone bad route and excite the horny fanboys like myself. That way Pym can fall in love with his own creation and the Ant-Man movie can write itself: as a standalone movie and also a lead in to Avengers 2.
I'd have to disagree. I'd want to see the "traditional" Ultron. If they want to go with different variations in sequels, or whatever, that's fine, but I want the traditional look of Ultron established first.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #266
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I hope we get a decent subtitle for this one as opposed to just "The Avengers 2". Something they would have used in an actual story title in the books, like "The Avengers: Torn Asunder" or something.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #267
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Seems like Joss Whedon is back

http://www.slashfilm.com/joss-whedon...he-avengers-2/

So i think that Ultron is probably going to be the villain of the next film, but if not i hope he keeps the idea of going smaller and more personal, ending the Thanos story arc so soon would be a waste.

Ultron would mean that Pym would be added to the group then right?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #268
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

When should we expect RDJ to sign on for Avengers 2, as well as a third movie? I can't imagine him signing another multi-pic deal longer than three movies.

Plus, RDJ is in demand now, and he commands a hefty sum for his work. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but he's going to be most expensive element of MCU phase 2 if he's just going to do Avengers movies and not Iron Man 4.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 AM   #269
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
When should we expect RDJ to sign on for Avengers 2, as well as a third movie? I can't imagine him signing another multi-pic deal longer than three movies.

Plus, RDJ is in demand now, and he commands a hefty sum for his work. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but he's going to be most expensive element of MCU phase 2 if he's just going to do Avengers movies and not Iron Man 4.
I imagine Marvel will want to sign him on for 2 more Avengers movies and one more Iron Man, while Downey will want to go film by film and renegotiate each time.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel

Last edited by KangConquers; 08-09-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #270
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I would think that they'd want to go for Thanos as the second villain for the Avengers franchise since I can't imagine prolonging his arrival to the heroes for a third film. I know that it wasn't Marvel's original idea to have Thanos in the mid credit scene, but I would think that they would have had to give Joss their approval before he threw him in the script. Plus, after having introduced him at the end of the first film, to prolong him for 6 years, with only bits of him here and there could hurt his momentum when he finally does become the main villain. Like someone else said, he doesn't necessarily have to be defeated in the second film.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #271
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10
I would think that they'd want to go for Thanos as the second villain for the Avengers franchise since I can't imagine prolonging his arrival to the heroes for a third film. I know that it wasn't Marvel's original idea to have Thanos in the mid credit scene, but I would think that they would have had to give Joss their approval before he threw him in the script. Plus, after having introduced him at the end of the first film, to prolong him for 6 years, with only bits of him here and there could hurt his momentum when he finally does become the main villain. Like someone else said, he doesn't necessarily have to be defeated in the second film.
I thought it was Marvel's idea, they're the ones that have the ideas of the post-credits scenes.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #272
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I hope so

I thought it was Marvel's idea, they're the ones that have the ideas of the post-credits scenes.
Joss is the one who came to Marvel with the idea of Thanos in the mid-credit sequence.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #273
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
That would seem to be the case. They might also change Ultron's origin and have Stark be his creator (not the path I would like to see).

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #274
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'd be irate if they made Stark responsible for Ultron's creation too. I hate when studio's change **** like that.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #275
Chewy
REDACTED

It would be a pointless change anyway since Wright's Ant-Man movie is finally happening

Closed Thread