The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #351
BatsDC
Tranktastic

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

I don't see how it's 'obvious' that MoE will be villains in A3.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #352
Chewy
REDACTED

MoE as a concept just doesn't seem like it would translate. Maybe if you had a handful of villains doing their own separate stuff but at the same time, split-and-conquer so to speak.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #353
Lord
All Mighty

If they took some ideas from the Liberators (who actually seem like Ultimate Marvel's version of the MoE) and had other countries asssembling a team of villains that fought the different heroes it could work, but even as just a bunch of villain teaming up it could translate to cinema, kind of an answer to the Avengers team.

Still, i think Thanos should be left for Avengers 3 and not wasted so soon.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #354
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I think a Masters of Evil story would actually play out more like the Acts of Vengeance than like a team formal. A bunch of Supervillains get together and try to switch heroes, and take them out one by one. So we'd see Abomination face Thor, Mandarin tackle Captain America etc.

Last edited by KangConquers; 08-17-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #355
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Feige said it was going to be a continuing franchise, still i was Thanos to be saved for the 3rd film because that one seems like the right time to end this storyline.
Agreed. Though I thought that was just for Ironman's character, eitherway, having someone else play Stark, won't work..etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
I wonder if the fact that they're going character specific with Cap's subtitle means they'll start doing it more often. I wouldn't mind if they went object specific either.

The Avengers:Infinity Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
The problem with saving Thanos for me is, well, I'll be over 37 years old. Pretty obvious he's being groomed for Part 2, with Masters of Evil for the 3rd.
Eh, and I see nothing for Masters of Evil. Guarantee the next two villains, no order, will be Thanos and Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think a Masters of Evil story would actually play out more like the Acts of Vengeance than like a team formal. A bunch of Supervillains get together and try to switch heroes, and take them out one by one. So we'd see Abomination face Thor, Mandarin tackle Captain America etc.

I think the masters just wouldn't play out too well

Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #356
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
Eh, and I see nothing for Masters of Evil. Guarantee the next two villains, no order, will be Thanos and Ultron.
The Masters of Evil are to the Avengers what the Brotherhood of Mutants are to the X-Men; the perfect nemesis for a bunch of colorfully costumed do-gooders is a colorfully costumed group of terrorists. Frankly, I'd love to see Baron Zemo.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #357
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I hope that this time around in the film, while it's not majorly important.lol, that when they have characters talking through headpieces (communication devices) that they actually show them wearing it to prove that it's there.lol

I remember watching "The Avengers" and wondering at times on what Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America were talking through since I never once saw any ear piece in any of their ears.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #358
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, I hope that this time around in the film, while it's not majorly important.lol, that when they have characters talking through headpieces (communication devices) that they actually show them wearing it to prove that it's there.lol

I remember watching "The Avengers" and wondering at times on what Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America were talking through since I never once saw any ear piece in any of their ears.
Just like in the books. You just assume it's some technology so small none of us could even comprehend it.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #359
Lord
All Mighty

Maybe they have some chip on the brain and inside their ears.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #360
Chewy
REDACTED

They're just really, really small earpieces

Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #361
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Hell, we're pretty much in that realm in the real world now with most communication. You can see people walking around or working looking like they're talking to themselves when they're obviously in sync with someone else from afar.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #362
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah the communication devices are probably the most believable technology in the whole movie. SHIELD made Cap's suit/cowl, so of course they included a hands-free comm. Can't have our heroes fumbling with a smartphone mid-battle.

That said, a scene where Cap is struggling to use an iphone touchscreen, and ultimately smashes it against a wall, would be pretty amusing.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #363
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
The Masters of Evil are to the Avengers what the Brotherhood of Mutants are to the X-Men; the perfect nemesis for a bunch of colorfully costumed do-gooders is a colorfully costumed group of terrorists. Frankly, I'd love to see Baron Zemo.
Not exactly.

The Brotherhood represents the polar opposite of Charles Xavier's political and philosophical take on mutantkind. The long-standing cold war between Xavier and Magneto is kind of inevitable, and completely logical. The Masters of Evil, on the other hand, only represent an arbitrary and haphazard supervillains' club whose only purpose is to allow each of them to pair off against an individual Avenger of his or her choice.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #364
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
Not exactly.

The Brotherhood represents the polar opposite of Charles Xavier's political and philosophical take on mutantkind. The long-standing cold war between Xavier and Magneto is kind of inevitable, and completely logical. The Masters of Evil, on the other hand, only represent an arbitrary and haphazard supervillains' club whose only purpose is to allow each of them to pair off against an individual Avenger of his or her choice.
Exactly, no. However, it's those differences that would be needed to work, otherwise you begin having memories of the X-Men and seeing similarities. These are two completely different groups of superheroes and should be portrayed as differently as they are in the comics.

I've always wanted to see a supervillain's team pair off against individual superheroes in a movie anyway. Can you imagine the various battles between both groups?

Abomination vs. Hulk
Black Widow vs. Enchantress
Baron Zemo vs. Captain America
Crossbones vs. Hawkeye
Executioner vs. Thor
Iron Man vs. Melter

As well as an epic final group showdown, I feel like the concept could definitely work on screen and wouldn't worry with Whedon writing.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #365
Still A ThorFan
Side-Kick

If Thanos is going to be the villain in the sequel I think it would make sense that Thor is the one who takes out Thanos, after all no other Avenger can really do it. Cap, oh please. Iron Man, no. They will probably have the Hulk because he is the Hulk and that is the only Avenger the general public knows, but if they want to be some what realistic then Thor vs Thanos, where our Thunder God wins.

Thor: As strong as thee monster? NAY! I BE STRONGER!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #366
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Exactly, no. However, it's those differences that would be needed to work, otherwise you begin having memories of the X-Men and seeing similarities. These are two completely different groups of superheroes and should be portrayed as differently as they are in the comics.

I've always wanted to see a supervillain's team pair off against individual superheroes in a movie anyway. Can you imagine the various battles between both groups?

Abomination vs. Hulk
Black Widow vs. Enchantress
Baron Zemo vs. Captain America
Crossbones vs. Hawkeye
Executioner vs. Thor
Iron Man vs. Melter

As well as an epic final group showdown, I feel like the concept could definitely work on screen and wouldn't worry with Whedon writing.
The problem, of course, from a mainstream audience's POV, is the been there/done that syndrome. If these are rehashes of battles we've already seen with villains that we've already seen, audiences start feeling ripped off. Again, it works with the X-Men vs. Brotherhood because it's a central and essential battle, like Autobots vs. Decepticons or MI-5 vs. SPECTRE. With the Avengers: not so much.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #367
BatsDC
Tranktastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still A ThorFan View Post
If Thanos is going to be the villain in the sequel I think it would make sense that Thor is the one who takes out Thanos, after all no other Avenger can really do it. Cap, oh please. Iron Man, no. They will probably have the Hulk because he is the Hulk and that is the only Avenger the general public knows, but if they want to be some what realistic then Thor vs Thanos, where our Thunder God wins.
Yeah, the only Avenger the audience knows is clearly Hulk. That doesn't mean he should take down the big bad. Also, Thanos should be a team effort, not just a one on one whilst the others sit back.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #368
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Honestly, I hope Thanos appears in Thor 2. Even if he isn't able to get the gauntlet right away, there should at least be the matter of Thanos coming to collect that debt from Loki, as promised.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #369
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like to see a snippet of him in Thor 2.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #370
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Honestly, I hope Thanos appears in Thor 2. Even if he isn't able to get the gauntlet right away, there should at least be the matter of Thanos coming to collect that debt from Loki, as promised.
Absolutely.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect more than a cameo to resolve this, but Marvel put the payoff pitch out there, so by god, they need to swing for the fences. They can't just pretend Avengers didn't happen in Thor: The Dark World.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #371
Chewy
REDACTED

Would someone who speaks Japanese be so kind?

http://www.gizmodo.jp/2012/08/avenge...interview.html

Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #372
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Here: http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...rvel-tv-series

Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #373
Chewy
REDACTED

That's just the incoherent Google translate translation, shortened to bullet points. I was hoping for someone who's fluent to tell us what Whedon actually says about the sequel.

It says a lot about a site when they run an interview through Google translate and consider that a legitimate basis for an article, imo. So many words have so many meanings, and context is almost always key

Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #374
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I want a Taskmaster cameo in either Avengers 2 or Captain America 2.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #375
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Masters of Evil (or anything like that) won't be part of an Avengers movie. If you really like this idea, theres always DisneyXD.

Closed Thread