Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #501
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
I think it'll be a Phase 3 movie.
Maybe it'll happen in like 2030. They won't be making (paying for ) a mostly underwater movie anytime soon

Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #502
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Well in 2014 they're making a movie set mostly at the other end of space :P

Old 09-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #503
Chewy
REDACTED

Which is not nearly as difficult as making a convincing underwater film, especially with people talking and walking around in the water.

Cameron apparently intends to do it whenever he gets around to making Avatar 2, maybe it'll be less daunting/expensive after he invents his tech

Old 09-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #504
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I thought that was just a joke on Entourage, and was for Aquaman.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #505
Chewy
REDACTED

No, Cameron loves deep sea diving and loves underwater filming (see: Abyss, Titanic, both his IMAX docs). He keeps saying he wants Avatar 2 to be underwater.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #506
Lorus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Maybe not. I'm just still confused how it's "simply" powered by something neither Loki nor Thanos had. The scepter was powered when we briefly see The Other hand it to Loki.

Not sure why it's hard to believe a mind-tricking villain wouldn't give up a part something in order to have it as a whole.
The Hydra weapons were powered by the cube's energy but they weren't attached to it at all times. The scepter could easily have been made many years prior, perhaps at a time when Thanos possessed the cube, or maybe it was an old Asgardian weapon that Thanos came into possession of. Or maybe Whedon just didn't think of that when he wrote the script. Either way, it requires several more leaps of logic to think it's the mind gem than it does to assume the film isn't lying to you.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #507
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
The Hydra weapons were powered by the cube's energy but they weren't attached to it at all times. The scepter could easily have been made many years prior, perhaps at a time when Thanos possessed the cube, or maybe it was an old Asgardian weapon that Thanos came into possession of. Or maybe Whedon just didn't think of that when he wrote the script. Either way, it requires several more leaps of logic to think it's the mind gem than it does to assume the film isn't lying to you.
Hmm Yeah the Hydra weapons weren't always attached to the cube, but we saw Skull actually wield the cube. Therefore, like you say, either Thanos or Odin creating the scepter in the past is the only reasonable explanation. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time we look too much into things

Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #508
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

No I was talking about the Namor thing. The joke on Entourage was that James Cameron's Aquaman would make billions of dollars. I don't believe he's ever come out and said he wants to make a Namor or Aquaman movie.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #509
Chewy
REDACTED

I never said that he had? Just that the Avatar sequel would feature people walking around and talking underwater, and that Cameron was developing new tech for it

Like how his character mocap tech was later used for the Hulk

Old 09-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #510
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Oh, I thought when you said 'Cameron apparently intends to do it' you were referring to Cameron making a Namor movie.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #511
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Nah, it was still powered

Yeah, but that scene takes place before Thor and Loki take the Cube back to Asgard. I meant, wasn't the sceptre shown in Central Park? Or any time *after* Thor and Loki went back home with their toy?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #512
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

That scene in the screenshot is the last time we see the scepter. Basically why I assume SHIELD still has it

Old 09-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #513
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

What do you guys want to see in Avengers 2? Not in terms of plot, but stuff like funny dialogue and scenes (Hulk smash Loki, Hulk punch Loki, Hulk in general).

Old 09-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #514
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Along those lines, (slapstick humor) I'd like to see Thor Mjolnir Ultron's head off while Ultron is monologue-ing. And yes I just used Mjolnir as a verb.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #515
Silvermoth
Avenger

I want to hear Iron Man say "Oil Can! Oil Can!"

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #516
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

The general plotline is Thanos sends the Skrulls to take an Infinity Gem that SHIELD have found on Earth, and if they don't give it up they'll take it by excessive force, aka an invasion. Except the final battle is in Asgard.

Nerdgasm.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #517
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Where did Hawkeye get that arrow -.- Oh, and I spotted this Namor/Oracle easter egg in Avengers.... https://twitter.com/Jasper_UTF/statu...295168/photo/1

When Hawkeye ran out of arrow shafts, he went back to the bodies of Chitauri he had shot and pulled used shafts out. Then he unscrewed the spent arrowheads from the shafts, put them back in his quiver and reused them. He did that several times, including when he was forced to jump off a building near the end.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #518
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
When Hawkeye ran out of arrow shafts, he went back to the bodies of Chitauri he had shot and pulled used shafts out. Then he unscrewed the spent arrowheads from the shafts, put them back in his quiver and reused them. He did that several times, including when he was forced to jump off a building near the end.
Fair enough.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #519
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
The general plotline is Thanos sends the Skrulls to take an Infinity Gem that SHIELD have found on Earth, and if they don't give it up they'll take it by excessive force, aka an invasion. Except the final battle is in Asgard.

Nerdgasm.
Nah. We just had an alien invasion. I am hoping for Ultron

Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #520
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I dislike Ultron. Plus, it's not an invasion if Earth GIVE the Skrulls the Infinity Gem.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #521
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Nerdgasm.
Quote:
I dislike Ultron. Plus, it's not an invasion if Earth GIVE the Skrulls the Infinity Gem.
We already had aliens.

With Ant-man happening, Ultron will be inevitable. Avengers2, or 3, or 4 or whenever.

How do you dislike Ultron? I think he is great. When I think of Avengers villains, he is the first one that comes to mind for me

Old 09-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #522
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

For the story arc they have going now it doesnt make a lot of sense to have Ultron come into the picture..it clearly seems set up for Thanos and a cosmic theme phase II

Old 09-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #523
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Not once has Kevin Fiege mentioned Ultron, but he is continuously talking about Thanos and going cosmic for Phase 2. You can have a successful character arc for Hank without Ultron. Plus, the Infinity Gauntlet is better done as a standalone epic, either a trilogy or a two-parter. Then Ultron can be in Avengers 3.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #524
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Not once has Kevin Fiege mentioned Ultron, but he is continuously talking about Thanos and going cosmic for Phase 2. You can have a successful character arc for Hank without Ultron. Plus, the Infinity Gauntlet is better done as a standalone epic, either a trilogy or a two-parter. Then Ultron can be in Avengers 3.
The reason I am convinced on Ultron is 1 of two things.

1.What Joss has said about the sequel.

2. I am CONVICED that the third avengers film will be an infinity gauntlet centered movie. Not Avengers 2. Since the gauntlet hasn't been officially presented in the MCU, I feel like one movie with Thanos isn't enough to display the scale of the gauntlet, and who he is and what it is capable of. Sort of how the tesseract was. That being said, whether he has a lot of screen time in avengers 2, I have a good feeling that he will be the primary villain of Avengers 3. Which sort of leads me to believe there may be another villain for Avengers 2. And if there is going to be another villain besides Thanos, it seems like Ultron could possibly be the next.

Yes, a pym story isn't necessarily needing the inclusion of ultron, but the fact that they are really pushing ant man before avengers two, I wouldnt be surprised if Ultron becomes the villain

Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #525
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

If Ant-Man does become a Phase 3 movie (which I doubt it will be) they can easily be introduced in Avengers 2. Plus in the script I'm writing there's plenty of references to Ultron, with Tony saying "he's devoted his life to some AI that will never work," and Pym is at a Vibranium mining operation in Wakanda, plus when Fury tells Stark that "he needs him to come in," Tony replies, "What is it this time? Skynet?"

Quote:
Closed Thread