Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #851
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't see why people can't enjoy both, I watched TA and TDKR this year and thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
I don't understand why people can't enjoy both either

Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #852
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

With the BIG Three having different main villains to contend with in their sequels, I hope Thanos is ultimately portrayed as being a more menacing and more frightening villain than them all when we actually see him debut in order to create further credibility that this is a guy that would require everyone to band together once more in order to take him down. One of the criticisms that I've read for "the Avengers" is that a lot felt that Loki didn't come off as someone who was dangerous enough that would require everyone to join together and that it was more of the threat of his army from Thanos that was the big threat.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #853
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
It is FORBIDDEN!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #854
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm still hoping that with a few years from now before they start filming for the sequel that Whedon and Co. will have improved on how they shoot the film since I still find it bothering at times (I don't think I'm the only one) on how a good amount of the shots in the previous Avengers film looked like it was filmed in the same way that a TV Show was; or perhaps better to illustrate my point; when I look at some of the other previous MCU films, in particular the Iron Man ones, they look more cinematic in presentation and execution at times than the Avengers did.

A lot of the shots that I saw in the Avengers really had no visual depth from it and I don't think I was the only one to point that out. I'm hoping that with a increase in budget and with having experienced making a big scale film that the next film truly looks like complete cinematic film that really leaves an impression when it comes to its visuals and cinematography.

And I hope that Whedon doesn't insert too much humor in the sequel. It was great for the first film, but I hope that he doesn't try to have just as much humor inserted into the next one. I think it's time to actually go into serious nature and situations for the characters and story.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #855
Marathon
Side-Kick

Thanos seems to be a mini-hype in itself inside the bigger Avengers hype. Saving Thanos for the third Avengers movie? Yes, probably.

Or just jump the shark: draft Squirrel Girl into the MCU/Avengers and have her defeat Thanos at a canter in A2.

The eventual(?) defeat(?) of Thanos in mind, who could plausibly be the next über-villain?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #856
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'll gladly watch both, even if they Ratner-ize JLA, because I love both DC and Marvel; but the flamewars are inevitable. First, it was TDK vs. Iron Man; the past year and a half we've been treated to TDKR vs. Avengers; so for the forseeable future, the "battleground" shifts to JLA vs. Avengers 2.

suit up, nerds
This is going to be the worst one yet.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #857
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think Fox would be crazy to release FF that year. FF as a movie franchise doesn't have the star power of either the Justice League (mostly Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) or the box office success of the Avengers (and some of their star power too - eg Iron Man, Hulk).

It's hard enough with WB trying to release into the same year as Avengers 2, but if Fox do it as well, then they're going to get crushed by the competition.
Well, if Fox doesn't release an FF film by 2015, won't the rights revert to Marvel? Maybe it's sweet serendipity for Marvel that WB decided to announce the JL movie for 2015 as well.

As for star power, I think that if they made the right casting choices and had a really great script, an FF movie would hold its own that year.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #858
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon
Thanos seems to be a mini-hype in itself inside the bigger Avengers hype. Saving Thanos for the third Avengers movie? Yes, probably.
I want to see Thanos in Avengers 2, with Masters of Evil for the third.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #859
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I want to see Thanos in Avengers 2, with Masters of Evil for the third.
I wouldn't mind that. I also wouldn't mind seeing the reverse.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #860
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still hoping that with a few years from now before they start filming for the sequel that Whedon and Co. will have improved on how they shoot the film since I still find it bothering at times (I don't think I'm the only one) on how a good amount of the shots in the previous Avengers film looked like it was filmed in the same way that a TV Show was; or perhaps better to illustrate my point; when I look at some of the other previous MCU films, in particular the Iron Man ones, they look more cinematic in presentation and execution at times than the Avengers did.

A lot of the shots that I saw in the Avengers really had no visual depth from it and I don't think I was the only one to point that out. I'm hoping that with a increase in budget and with having experienced making a big scale film that the next film truly looks like complete cinematic film that really leaves an impression when it comes to its visuals and cinematography.

And I hope that Whedon doesn't insert too much humor in the sequel. It was great for the first film, but I hope that he doesn't try to have just as much humor inserted into the next one. I think it's time to actually go into serious nature and situations for the characters and story.
I thought the Avengers was shot perfectly. It's one of the very few films where I couldn't keep my eyes off it throughout the entire thing. Like a cinematic live-action comic book.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #861
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Well, if Fox doesn't release an FF film by 2015, won't the rights revert to Marvel? Maybe it's sweet serendipity for Marvel that WB decided to announce the JL movie for 2015 as well.

As for star power, I think that if they made the right casting choices and had a really great script, an FF movie would hold its own that year.
Could be. Maybe Marvel won't look at JL as the competition but actually aiding their cause in a different department. It's not like JL are going to wipe the floor with the Avengers and that everyone's going to go see that instead of them.

Avengers 2 will still do big business.

But then maybe Fox will try to release FF in 2014? But that already is quite crowded.

The problem with releasing FF in 2015 is like how Licence to Kill was released in the summer of the same year as Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Back to the Future 2 and Lethal Weapon 2. LTK got slaughtered even though it was Bond.

Now FF is no Bond, so how does it think it's going to do against two juggernauts?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #862
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Lower brain capacity.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #863
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Has joss mentioned how much other avengers will be own the sequel I've heard he only want one more.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #864
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Not yet, he's still writing the script & that could change based on a various amount of factors.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #865
Chewy
REDACTED

So they're bringing Wasp back in the comics.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #866
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

did she died?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #867
Chewy
REDACTED

Yeah, a few years ago

Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #868
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Hopefully that means something for Ant-Man in 2015 or before.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #869
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I hope it isnt that cyborg thingy from Secret Avengers.

edit: So now that Bendis has resurrected you-know-who, does that make her appearance in the MCU more likely? Guess it all depends on how the Ant-Man movie shakes out.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #870
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ant-man confirmed 2015 november dark raven

Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #871
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
ant-man confirmed 2015 november dark raven
I know that. That's why I said I hope Wasp coming back means something for Ant-Man in 2015 (or before).

Old 10-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #872
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I know that. That's why I said I hope Wasp coming back means something for Ant-Man in 2015 (or before).
ah, I thought you meant like..before the avengers :P

Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #873
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So when it comes to upping the stakes for this film, how would you guys feel if we saw actual landmark cities being destroyed by Thanos on Earth, with the Avengers failing to stop him in time?

In the first film, the thing that hit the Avengers hardest was the attack on the Hellcarrier, with Phil Coulson's death being the primary breaking point when it came to Loki's attack on them.

In the sequel, I think that if the Avengers are faced with a scenario where they all doubt their ability to defeat their new foe, even with them all in sync this time around by demonstrating on how effective Thanos is as a villain and what he's capable of taking away from them and the Earth, that it'll definitely add layers to Thanos's threat when it comes to just Earth only (i'm sure that they may expand that he's a bigger threat to everything and anything that's alive).

Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #874
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

again, I am skeptical of Thanos climax being an attack on Earth, and I will be dissappointed if they do so. If he will be around in phase 3, okay. But if it's just phase 2. Nah. He stands for the death of everything in the universe, if his avengers arc is him coming to Earth, wit hthe IG, and that's it...then I will be soo sooooooo dissappointed, and probably to be flat out honest, have a hard time being as excited about the MCU. My favorite villain, getting wasted like that? Hell no, but it seems he'll be around

Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #875
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I think Thanos will have a part in Thor 2. It'll come at the end of the movie, or post-credits, with Thanos finding the Gauntlet and putting it on.

Closed Thread