So as of now it looks like it'll be

May 2013 IM3
Nov 2013 Thor 2
Apr 2014 Cap 2
Sometime 2014 BP
May 2015 Avengers 2

With maybe Ant-Man as a smaller release at some point

Sounds good to me
I hope Ruffalo gets his own movie. He deserves it and did phenomenal in The Avengers.

I can't see an Ant-Man movie working at all. Just the name alone will turn people off.

It makes sense:
2013 Iron Man & Thor
2014 Captain America & Hulk
2015 Avengers 2, we get sequels to each character from Phase 1.

Who sees Ant-Man making $300 million? I think a little more than a cameo will be enough in the MCU at some point. Just my two cents.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 06-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #152
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I hope Ruffalo gets his own movie. He deserves it and did phenomenal in The Avengers.

I can't see an Ant-Man movie working at all. Just the name alone will turn people off.

It makes sense:
2013 Iron Man & Thor
2014 Captain America & Hulk
2015 Avengers 2, we get sequels to each character from Phase 1.

Who sees Ant-Man making $300 million? I think a little more than a cameo will be enough in the MCU at some point. Just my two cents.
I see Ant-Man making $300 million. Or more.
It's got Marvel, Disney and the Avengers backing it up. Hell, they could call it "Snot-Man" and it'd make $300 million.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #153
marcvader
Lurker #1

I think an Ant-Man movie probably wouldn't be called Ant-Man. The movie really should be about Pym and we all know he's not one to stick to just one persona anyways. I could see the movie starting with Ant-Man and ending with Giant-Man and I could see those names hardly being used at all.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #154
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I think an Ant-Man movie probably wouldn't be called Ant-Man. The movie really should be about Pym and we all know he's not one to stick to just one persona anyways. I could see the movie starting with Ant-Man and ending with Giant-Man and I could see those names hardly being used at all.
I agree with you 100%.

Ant-Man is a working title. And the script for "Ant-Man" was always about Scott Lang, not Hank Pym. It's possible that the final product might have Lang as Ant-Man, Pym as Giant-Man, and Janet as Wasp.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #155
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I can't get excited about this project. It's something that no one is going to take seriously. As soon as the words "Ant-Man" appear on the screen when people are watching previews, there will be laughter. I just don't see it. Some comics don't translate. I understand the sentiment that most comics are inherently silly, and there are elements of those films that I'm sure were hard to deal with in terms of tone, but I maintain that seeing a person becoming a hero and fighting a villain is one thing; it's another to have a man shrink down to miniature size and lead an army of ants.

The material just doesn't seem to be something that will fit in with the crop of films that Marvel is releasing, and I don't think every comic deserves its own movie. Some things people just find silly, and Ant-Man will be one of those.

I'm mainly talking about box office and reception here, not the quality of the film, and making a film called "Ant-Man" is going to make audiences' eyes roll. It's just a fact. Something like "Captain America" or "Spider-Man" gets through because, whether people acknowledge this or not, they're characters that a ton of audiences have at least heard of.

We'll have to wait and see if the project even gets made. Wright has been talking about this for a few years now and has several other projects lined up.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 06-08-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #156
marcvader
Lurker #1

I guess you didn't bother to consider the last two posts content.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 06-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #157
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I agree that the Ant Man movie shouldn't be called Ant Man...it's slightly off putting for those that don't read the comics. Though us comic readers will probably love it.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #158
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
I agree that the Ant Man movie shouldn't be called Ant Man...it's slightly off putting for those that don't read the comics. Though us comic readers will probably love it.

"Dr. Pym"

or....

"We made this to introduce Ultron"

Old 06-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #159
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Also, not gunna lie guys, but I miss the hype leading up to the avengers. The two months prior to the movie, all the guessing and what not, I miss that. Anyone else feel the same way?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #160
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader
I guess you didn't bother to consider the last two posts content.
So I guess you want the movie named "The Man in the Ant Hill?"

Old 06-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #161
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
"Dr. Pym"

or....

"We made this to introduce Ultron"
and the sequel
"We made the last movie to introduce Vision"

Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #162
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
So as of now it looks like it'll be

May 2013 IM3
Nov 2013 Thor 2
Apr 2014 Cap 2
Sometime 2014 BP
May 2015 Avengers 2

With maybe Ant-Man as a smaller release at some point

Sounds good to me
Has it ever been confirmed that an Avengers year only has one release? If they do still have two releases for 2015 then it is possible that Ant Man could be April/May 2015 while Avengers is July/August time.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #163
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
So I guess you want the movie named "The Man in the Ant Hill?"

'Tales to Astonish'

Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #164
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Have the Pym story, and then a short 15 minute feature afterwards. Introducing the Great Refuge or Atlantis or some other part of the greater Marvel Universe.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #165
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Latino Review:
How Spider-Man Was Almost In ‘The Avengers,’ Sort Of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da7e
Hi folks!

It feels weird to be writing not about ‘Iron Man 3′ these days. We figure we’d let everyone settle into there being no Iron Patriot.

Oh – and I got to do some press for The Amazing Spider-Man, which I’ve been a big promoter of, not that the film is going to need my help.

There are a few stories floating around about Venom and if he’s going to tie into Amazing Spider-Man (probably, because why wouldn’t you?) and a few quotes about how Spider-Man and Avengers could cross over if it was good for both Marvel and Sony (doubt that deal will ever happen). Either way, I thought it was time for me to chime in with my Spider-Man/Avengers tidbit (because I already wrote a long rant on Venom on my personal blog a few months ago)

I was paired with Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach for my 1-on-1, which was very nice of Sony, especially since I’m not sure how welcome I am in certain Marvel camps (I didn’t get invited to Brave, which is Pixar, which is Disney and so is Marvel – coincidence or paranoia?). I would have loved to talk to the cast, but I got what I was looking for.

Some recent Marvel Movie Universe fans might think that Kevin Fiege is the be-all-end-all of Marvel news, but back before there was a Marvel Studios, all we film obsessed Marvelites had was Avi Arad, and my discussion with him and Matt comes from that fanboy perspective. I tried to hold them accountable for something, and I did, only to find myself agreeing with their reasoning…I’ll be less vague about this when I get to the actual transcribed interview.

Marvel fanboys are tough to please, but I try to represent us as appreciative. We don’t wish death on the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises so they can revert back to some master studio (especially when that master studio plays it quick and cheap sometimes, ask Jon Favs), but we long for Spider-Man to meet Iron Man or everyone to try and kill Wolverine.

Imagine my surprise when I heard a rumor that the Oscorp Tower from Amazing Spider-Man was “this close” to becoming part of the sky line for Avengers. (Hint: pretty surprised).

Here’s the story – last week, The Amazing Spider-Man’s production designer J Michael Riva passed away after suffering a stroke at the age of 63. Not only did he design the Oscorp Tower for ASM, but he has a staggering resume of awesomeness including The Goonies, The Color Purple, A Few Good Men, Congo, Evolution, and the upcoming Django Unchained.

Oh – And the Iron Man movies.

That design overlap, and the stunning look of the Oscorp Tower (seriously stunning) was enough for Marvel Studios and Sony to have the discussion about inserting Oscorp into The Avengers skyline. The Unified Marvel Manhattan Skyline almost existed.

By the time the Oscorp building was fully designed, The Avengers digital Manhattan was already basically rendered and there was some up-conversion that needed to go down, so – for timing – it was scrapped.

BUT – Sony and Disney were going to let this happen. THAT’s the key thing here. Timing just didn’t work out.

That makes me sad. I told Avi and Matt that I realize it’s a business impossibility to share the characters, (“Thank you for understanding that” - Matt Tolmach to me), but wanted to get across that these small, small things are enough for the fanboys.

Matt said they’d love to do more like this, meaning crossovers on the smaller level.

Next step – letting someone use the word “MUTANT” outside of a Fox movie, right?

I also got to talk sequels, mysterious origins and – surprisingly – Fantastic Four (but not what you’re expecting) with these men. That’ll be coming soon. HERE. At Latino-Review. It was nice to sit down with people who respect the property, and I assure you that’s who these people are.

And I’m sure we’ll have some other scoopage between here and there. I’m trying to get on Marvel’s actual Hit List. That’s the only way I’ll ever meet Deadpool.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #166
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post

At least it shows that Sony and Marvel are perfectly willing to work together, which should quiet a lot of the voices on this forum that keep insisting that the two studios are at each others' throats and would never, never, ever in a million years even think about doing something cooperative.

Plus, if you consider JJJ's offhand mention of Dr. Strange in a Bugle headline in Spidey 2, you *could* say that the case for coexisting filmverses already exists.

On another note, I'd like to offer the very real possibility that we might be seeing Falcon in Cap 2 and, quite possibly, Avengers 2. As some of you are probably already aware, Disney is cancelling A:EMH and replacing it with a new Avengers toon in 2013 which features the current FilmVengers lineup ---- plus Snap Wilson:

Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #167
marcvader
Lurker #1

Interesting that they may be going with this addition in the MCU before other more deserving characters with more Avengers history but I guess he would be any easier insertion than the likes of BP, Ms.Marvel, or the Pyms. Practically no backstory needed compared to the heroes mentioned. I'm cool with it.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #168
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Interesting that they may be going with this addition in the MCU before other more deserving characters with more Avengers history but I guess he would be any easier insertion than the likes of BP, Ms.Marvel, or the Pyms. Practically no backstory needed compared to the heroes mentioned. I'm cool with it.
If it's anything like AEMH, or any comic book version of the Avengers, I'm sure they'll be adding more characters to the roster. These seven may just form the "core" roster for the new series.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #169
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Thanos Concept Art from the Avengers Film by Andy Park

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 06-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #170
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Love it

Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #171
adinojones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
How do you know they will fail? Many sequels actually do better and are better than their first movies: X2, Spider-Man 2 (I guess SM2 didn't do as well at the BO, but it's an amazing movie), and TDK are a few superhero sequels off the top of my head, not to mention BTTF Part II, The Godfather Part II, The Empire Strikes Back...

Even if TA2 isn't as good as the first, it would be ridiculous and downright illogical for them not to make it.

The BP movie is still just a rumor, but it's bound to be made at some point. You're going to have to live with that, and maybe try to look into how Black Panther is one of the most intriguing and unique superheroes in the Marvel Universe. Maybe you'll change your mind about him being lame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
There should be more avengers, other movies also, they just shouldn't waste the movie on a character like black panther. I'd like to see a movies expanding the avengers stories, and builds upon the Thanos thing. Im sorry, but Black Panther to me is a waste, much rather see an Ant-Man movie. It could be a way to introduce Ultron, the avengers best villian. And GotG, to expand the cosmic side. Those two movies would be perfect to expand the avengers. Hell, pym doesn't even have to be an avenger. But instead, they are wasting one of the film slots on Black Panther. in my opinion, one of the most lame characters. Atleast make it someone more interesting, like Dr. Strange, or something.

Excuse me 4 day old rant, but I can't stress how, disappointed I am to hear this.

Is there any possible way still that The Black Panther movie is JUST a rumor?
Sorry Guys....I disappointed you.......but what I meant to say was I did not want it to be bad at any cost....I don't want that they just use the name Avengers and present **** to us...Anyways...I am with you now...Bring some more...

Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #172
Blackman
King Kong

Im wondering, does anyone else wanna see Hulk vs The Avengers in A2? I mean Cap, Iron Man, BW, Hawkeye, and everyone vs the HUlk?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #173
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Im wondering, does anyone else wanna see Hulk vs The Avengers in A2? I mean Cap, Iron Man, BW, Hawkeye, and everyone vs the HUlk?
Not as the main plot line, of course, but hell yeah. Get some Hulkbuster Armor up in there? I'm in.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #174
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Not as the main plot line, of course, but hell yeah. Get some Hulkbuster Armor up in there? I'm in.
We kinda got that one in the first movie with hulk vs Thor but Like the Ultimates comics that would be cool like hulk ripping apart new York city , if they did that though I hope when hulk goes back to Banner , Cap kicks him in the face in the comics that was pretty bad ass lol ( one of the few things I liked in the Ultimates)

Old 06-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #175
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

No more Ultimates...

Closed Thread