The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #101
Rusty Mcgoofy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 97
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its already public knowledge that they've filmed the teaser
Link to any news reports on this or confirmations from Snyder, the crew? I dont count forum posts as reliable public knowledge, not that I think any of you fine posters here would lie of course. But why have a teaser ready and sit on it? Oh well.

Rusty Mcgoofy is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #102
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
WETA is working on MOS?

YEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES


Weta AND Double Negative!!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!




Last edited by Dark Knight; 12-21-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Dark Knight is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #103
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Weta AND Digital Domain!!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!




Thanks for that I occasionally forget how much I love Ace Ventura

And on that note, i'll express my excitement at the WETA news...



__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #104
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,222
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

:laughter: Awesome.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #105
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post


Thanks for that I occasionally forget how much I love Ace Ventura

And on that note, i'll express my excitement at the WETA news...





LOL ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa LUV IT!

Dark Knight is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #106
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 41,449
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mcgoofy View Post
Link to any news reports on this or confirmations from Snyder, the crew? I dont count forum posts as reliable public knowledge, not that I think any of you fine posters here would lie of course. But why have a teaser ready and sit on it? Oh well.
There was a report from a site or two that suggested a certain day of filming or two was relegated for some teaser shooting. Whatever that means, I don't know. No idea if the sites that said it were reliable, and don't remember which sites they were.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #107
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

The ULTIMATE Christmas present for me this year would be if by New Year's end..Warner Bros reveal that MOS has been moved back to a Winter 2012 spot!!

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #108
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Yeah I think that'd bring out a whole pages worth of dancing Ace Ventura's

hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #109
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Truth be told, my only fear is that a whole lot of expectations are being built around this project to the point where even the smallest things may end up disappointing us if it's not done in a certain way due to the amount of talent that's involved in making this project.

I mean you have the Nolans and Goyer handling the story

You have the artistic director in Snyder

Look at the quality of the cast

And as I've said before, this might be a do or die situation for the Superman franchise since if this film doesn't meet expectations for the studios especially, then we may not see the man of steel on the big screen for a LONG time.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #110
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

I completely agree.

I tried for a while not to get my hopes up too much... But I think that kind of fell out of my control somewhere between the casting of Henry and listening to Snyder's ideas and reading Shannon's interviews.

But it will be very devestating if this film sucks for whatever reason...

How likely is that though?

I mean, I just don't see how it CAN suck, with all the information we have so far. It'd just be illogical.

hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #111
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I completely agree.

I tried for a while not to get my hopes up too much... But I think that kind of fell out of my control somewhere between the casting of Henry and listening to Snyder's ideas and reading Shannon's interviews.

But it will be very devestating if this film sucks for whatever reason...

How likely is that though?

I mean, I just don't see how it CAN suck, with all the information we have so far. It'd just be illogical.
Agreed; I mean they'd have to be pretty stoned to screw up on what's essentially film magic waiting to happen.lol

I mean so far, they got:

1. No Kid Drama

2. (As of yet) No Triangle drama like Richard-Lois-Superman to make the hero moody

3. A physical villain with intelligence

4. Action compelled by what people have said to be a great origin story

5. Solid Cast


It doesn't get better than that

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #112
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 12,057
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

I have a good feeling about this film. Of course it might be because I've been waiting to see a new take on Superman on the big screen since I was a kid.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Wheels is online now  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #113
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; I mean they'd have to be pretty stoned to screw up on what's essentially film magic waiting to happen.lol

I mean so far, they got:

1. No Kid Drama

2. (As of yet) No Triangle drama like Richard-Lois-Superman to make the hero moody

3. A physical villain with intelligence

4. Action compelled by what people have said to be a great origin story

5. Solid Cast

It doesn't get better than that
Big big advantage not having a kid!

There is so much to give me confidence tho. Lots of little things that individually don't mean much, but put together with everything else they cement my faith in this movie.

Like Snyder saying in an interview that ironically, if he was ever going to make a movie set in the real world, it would be Superman.

Everything Michael Shannon has said about Zod, and how 3 dimensional his character is going to be, and how he's focusing on what it's like to be a General.

Cavill saying that he isn't rewatching old interpretations because he wants to find his inspiration soley from the script and from the comics.

Pictures of a shirtless Cavill looking cut, manly and heroic.

Interview with Amy Adams where she talks about how Lois is such a strong female role model (or something to that effect )

Russel Crowe tweating about fighting with Shannon, showing that we will be getting scenes on Krypton like nothing we've ever seen before.

And most recently, hearin WETA is involved, that Snyder is trying not to overuse CGI, and that the story is very 'character driven'

I could go on and on!

I don't think there is a single interview or piece of leaked information that I don't love. I mean, it's shocking how right they keep getting what their saying!

How can you take all those ingredients and not make something delicious?

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 12-20-2011 at 08:13 AM.
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Big big advantage not having a kid!

There is so much to give me confidence tho. Lots of little things that individually don't mean much, but put together with everything else they cement my faith in this movie.

Like Snyder saying in an interview that ironically, if he was ever going to make a movie set in the real world, it would be Superman.

Everything Michael Shannon has said about Zod, and how 3 dimensional his character is going to be, and how he's focusing on what it's like to be a General.

Cavill saying that he isn't rewatching old interpretations because he wants to find his inspiration soley from the script and from the comics.

Pictures of a shirtless Cavill looking cut, manly and heroic.

Interview with Amy Adams where she talks about how Lois is such a strong female role model (or something to that effect )

Russel Crowe tweating about fighting with Shannon, showing that we will be getting scenes on Krypton like nothing we've ever seen before.

And most recently, hearin WETA is involved, that Snyder is trying not to overuse CGI, and that the story is very 'character driven'

I could go on and on!

I don't think there is a single interview or piece of leaked information that I don't love. I mean, it's shocking how right they keep getting what their saying!

How can you take all those ingredients and not make something delicious?

*nods

Not to mention that we'll get a fleshed out origin story for once that doesn't deal with Superman being motivated to take up the mantle because his dead father told him to do so...

and of course, one of my favorites, the fact that Superman will be fighting non-humanoid looking individuals (confirmed by the set photos of Superman fighting Faora and a guy wearing a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head)

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #115
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
*nods

Not to mention that we'll get a fleshed out origin story for once that doesn't deal with Superman being motivated to take up the mantle because his dead father told him to do so...

and of course, one of my favorites, the fact that Superman will be fighting non-humanoid looking individuals (confirmed by the set photos of Superman fighting Faora and a guy wearing a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head)
See, without knowing whether or not the Fortress or some kind of hologram Jor-el is in this film, I don't think we can be sure of absolutely no 'it's your destiny' stuff... We can hope, but we can't be sure

As for the mo-cap guy, I'm still not convinced that he's not there as Zod in a special suit, and it simply doesn't require Shannon to do that.

I mean, Shannon said there are two suits, and we've seen in For Tomorrow that he could wear a suit that covers his face.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #116
bonoferox
Side-Kick
 
bonoferox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 365
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

While I wasn't incredibly fond of the Jason storyline, it would have been a pretty incredible development for what they had planned with the SR sequel. It worked okay for me. Then again, I'm an unapologetic fan of SR.

bonoferox is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #117
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,960
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

What do you guys think Clark will call the Kent in the new movie, Ma and Pa or Mom and Dad?

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #118
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
See, without knowing whether or not the Fortress or some kind of hologram Jor-el is in this film, I don't think we can be sure of absolutely no 'it's your destiny' stuff... We can hope, but we can't be sure

As for the mo-cap guy, I'm still not convinced that he's not there as Zod in a special suit, and it simply doesn't require Shannon to do that.

I mean, Shannon said there are two suits, and we've seen in For Tomorrow that he could wear a suit that covers his face.
lol; well I kind of hope that it is a different character because I like the idea of Superman having to face off a alien (Phantom Zone Prisoner) aside from kryptonians in a film as well.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #119
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,511
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
What do you guys think Clark will call the Kent in the new movie, Ma and Pa or Mom and Dad?
I was actually thinking bout that today....I think they'll go with Mom and Dad but I could be wrong.

__________________
Quote:
As the poet John Dryden once had it: "Beware the fury of a patient man." Or Batman.
manofsteel4life is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #120
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Now assuming if the theories are true about Superman's first big official save being a train rescue, I wonder on how they'll be able to stage that to make it look as exciting as it was for the airplane rescue in SR?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #121
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
now assuming if the theories are true about superman's first big official save being a train rescue, i wonder on how they'll be able to stage that to make it look as exciting as it was for the airplane rescue in sr?
SLO-MO!

















and you can quote me on this.

El Payaso is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #122
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,960
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I was actually thinking bout that today....I think they'll go with Mom and Dad but I could be wrong.
I agree with you. He should call Jonathan and Martha Kent Dad and Mom and he should call Jor-El and Lara father and mother.

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #123
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,352
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
SLO-MO!

and you can quote me on this.
But... that'd be so unlike Snyder

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #124
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,186
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

I'm hoping the first reveal is of him saving something huge, like an ocean liner, then sitting it down on the wharfs in Metropolis harbor. Dozens of news copters would capture the scene live.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne



Last edited by GreenKToo; 12-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.
GreenKToo is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #125
EtherMagic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 835
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; and it was definitely a added treat to hear them saying that MOS was still a very much "character-driven" story.

Exactly! We are hearing the exact opposite from what many think of Snyder (including me), that his movies lack story and character and more focus on action and SFX to tell the tail.


Great news to hear Weta is involved, and Snyder focusing on Story? I gotta see this!


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
SLO-MO!



I don't mind some Slo-Mo, I just hope Snyder doesn't over do it.






Last edited by EtherMagic; 12-20-2011 at 11:47 PM.
EtherMagic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.