Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #101
Rusty Mcgoofy
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its already public knowledge that they've filmed the teaser
Link to any news reports on this or confirmations from Snyder, the crew? I dont count forum posts as reliable public knowledge, not that I think any of you fine posters here would lie of course. But why have a teaser ready and sit on it? Oh well.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #102
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
WETA is working on MOS?

YEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Weta AND Double Negative!!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!

Last edited by Dark Knight; 12-21-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #103
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Weta AND Digital Domain!!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!

Thanks for that I occasionally forget how much I love Ace Ventura

And on that note, i'll express my excitement at the WETA news...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #104
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

:laughter: Awesome.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #105
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post

Thanks for that I occasionally forget how much I love Ace Ventura

And on that note, i'll express my excitement at the WETA news...

LOL ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa LUV IT!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #106
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mcgoofy View Post
Link to any news reports on this or confirmations from Snyder, the crew? I dont count forum posts as reliable public knowledge, not that I think any of you fine posters here would lie of course. But why have a teaser ready and sit on it? Oh well.
There was a report from a site or two that suggested a certain day of filming or two was relegated for some teaser shooting. Whatever that means, I don't know. No idea if the sites that said it were reliable, and don't remember which sites they were.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #107
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The ULTIMATE Christmas present for me this year would be if by New Year's end..Warner Bros reveal that MOS has been moved back to a Winter 2012 spot!!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #108
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Yeah I think that'd bring out a whole pages worth of dancing Ace Ventura's

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #109
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Truth be told, my only fear is that a whole lot of expectations are being built around this project to the point where even the smallest things may end up disappointing us if it's not done in a certain way due to the amount of talent that's involved in making this project.

I mean you have the Nolans and Goyer handling the story

You have the artistic director in Snyder

Look at the quality of the cast

And as I've said before, this might be a do or die situation for the Superman franchise since if this film doesn't meet expectations for the studios especially, then we may not see the man of steel on the big screen for a LONG time.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #110
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I completely agree.

I tried for a while not to get my hopes up too much... But I think that kind of fell out of my control somewhere between the casting of Henry and listening to Snyder's ideas and reading Shannon's interviews.

But it will be very devestating if this film sucks for whatever reason...

How likely is that though?

I mean, I just don't see how it CAN suck, with all the information we have so far. It'd just be illogical.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #111
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I completely agree.

I tried for a while not to get my hopes up too much... But I think that kind of fell out of my control somewhere between the casting of Henry and listening to Snyder's ideas and reading Shannon's interviews.

But it will be very devestating if this film sucks for whatever reason...

How likely is that though?

I mean, I just don't see how it CAN suck, with all the information we have so far. It'd just be illogical.
Agreed; I mean they'd have to be pretty stoned to screw up on what's essentially film magic waiting to happen.lol

I mean so far, they got:

1. No Kid Drama

2. (As of yet) No Triangle drama like Richard-Lois-Superman to make the hero moody

3. A physical villain with intelligence

4. Action compelled by what people have said to be a great origin story

5. Solid Cast

It doesn't get better than that

Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #112
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I have a good feeling about this film. Of course it might be because I've been waiting to see a new take on Superman on the big screen since I was a kid.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #113
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; I mean they'd have to be pretty stoned to screw up on what's essentially film magic waiting to happen.lol

I mean so far, they got:

1. No Kid Drama

2. (As of yet) No Triangle drama like Richard-Lois-Superman to make the hero moody

3. A physical villain with intelligence

4. Action compelled by what people have said to be a great origin story

5. Solid Cast

It doesn't get better than that
Big big advantage not having a kid!

There is so much to give me confidence tho. Lots of little things that individually don't mean much, but put together with everything else they cement my faith in this movie.

Like Snyder saying in an interview that ironically, if he was ever going to make a movie set in the real world, it would be Superman.

Everything Michael Shannon has said about Zod, and how 3 dimensional his character is going to be, and how he's focusing on what it's like to be a General.

Cavill saying that he isn't rewatching old interpretations because he wants to find his inspiration soley from the script and from the comics.

Pictures of a shirtless Cavill looking cut, manly and heroic.

Interview with Amy Adams where she talks about how Lois is such a strong female role model (or something to that effect )

Russel Crowe tweating about fighting with Shannon, showing that we will be getting scenes on Krypton like nothing we've ever seen before.

And most recently, hearin WETA is involved, that Snyder is trying not to overuse CGI, and that the story is very 'character driven'

I could go on and on!

I don't think there is a single interview or piece of leaked information that I don't love. I mean, it's shocking how right they keep getting what their saying!

How can you take all those ingredients and not make something delicious?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 12-20-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Big big advantage not having a kid!

There is so much to give me confidence tho. Lots of little things that individually don't mean much, but put together with everything else they cement my faith in this movie.

Like Snyder saying in an interview that ironically, if he was ever going to make a movie set in the real world, it would be Superman.

Everything Michael Shannon has said about Zod, and how 3 dimensional his character is going to be, and how he's focusing on what it's like to be a General.

Cavill saying that he isn't rewatching old interpretations because he wants to find his inspiration soley from the script and from the comics.

Pictures of a shirtless Cavill looking cut, manly and heroic.

Interview with Amy Adams where she talks about how Lois is such a strong female role model (or something to that effect )

Russel Crowe tweating about fighting with Shannon, showing that we will be getting scenes on Krypton like nothing we've ever seen before.

And most recently, hearin WETA is involved, that Snyder is trying not to overuse CGI, and that the story is very 'character driven'

I could go on and on!

I don't think there is a single interview or piece of leaked information that I don't love. I mean, it's shocking how right they keep getting what their saying!

How can you take all those ingredients and not make something delicious?

*nods

Not to mention that we'll get a fleshed out origin story for once that doesn't deal with Superman being motivated to take up the mantle because his dead father told him to do so...

and of course, one of my favorites, the fact that Superman will be fighting non-humanoid looking individuals (confirmed by the set photos of Superman fighting Faora and a guy wearing a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head)

Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #115
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
*nods

Not to mention that we'll get a fleshed out origin story for once that doesn't deal with Superman being motivated to take up the mantle because his dead father told him to do so...

and of course, one of my favorites, the fact that Superman will be fighting non-humanoid looking individuals (confirmed by the set photos of Superman fighting Faora and a guy wearing a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head)
See, without knowing whether or not the Fortress or some kind of hologram Jor-el is in this film, I don't think we can be sure of absolutely no 'it's your destiny' stuff... We can hope, but we can't be sure

As for the mo-cap guy, I'm still not convinced that he's not there as Zod in a special suit, and it simply doesn't require Shannon to do that.

I mean, Shannon said there are two suits, and we've seen in For Tomorrow that he could wear a suit that covers his face.

*\S/T*
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #116
bonoferox
Side-Kick

While I wasn't incredibly fond of the Jason storyline, it would have been a pretty incredible development for what they had planned with the SR sequel. It worked okay for me. Then again, I'm an unapologetic fan of SR.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #117
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

What do you guys think Clark will call the Kent in the new movie, Ma and Pa or Mom and Dad?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #118
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
See, without knowing whether or not the Fortress or some kind of hologram Jor-el is in this film, I don't think we can be sure of absolutely no 'it's your destiny' stuff... We can hope, but we can't be sure

As for the mo-cap guy, I'm still not convinced that he's not there as Zod in a special suit, and it simply doesn't require Shannon to do that.

I mean, Shannon said there are two suits, and we've seen in For Tomorrow that he could wear a suit that covers his face.
lol; well I kind of hope that it is a different character because I like the idea of Superman having to face off a alien (Phantom Zone Prisoner) aside from kryptonians in a film as well.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #119
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
What do you guys think Clark will call the Kent in the new movie, Ma and Pa or Mom and Dad?
I was actually thinking bout that today....I think they'll go with Mom and Dad but I could be wrong.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #120
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Now assuming if the theories are true about Superman's first big official save being a train rescue, I wonder on how they'll be able to stage that to make it look as exciting as it was for the airplane rescue in SR?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #121
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
now assuming if the theories are true about superman's first big official save being a train rescue, i wonder on how they'll be able to stage that to make it look as exciting as it was for the airplane rescue in sr?
SLO-MO!

and you can quote me on this.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #122
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I was actually thinking bout that today....I think they'll go with Mom and Dad but I could be wrong.
I agree with you. He should call Jonathan and Martha Kent Dad and Mom and he should call Jor-El and Lara father and mother.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #123
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
SLO-MO!

and you can quote me on this.
But... that'd be so unlike Snyder

*\S/T*
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #124
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm hoping the first reveal is of him saving something huge, like an ocean liner, then sitting it down on the wharfs in Metropolis harbor. Dozens of news copters would capture the scene live.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 12-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #125
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed; and it was definitely a added treat to hear them saying that MOS was still a very much "character-driven" story.

Exactly! We are hearing the exact opposite from what many think of Snyder (including me), that his movies lack story and character and more focus on action and SFX to tell the tail.

Great news to hear Weta is involved, and Snyder focusing on Story? I gotta see this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
SLO-MO!

I don't mind some Slo-Mo, I just hope Snyder doesn't over do it.

Last edited by EtherMagic; 12-20-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Closed Thread