The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #76
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 6

I was just reviewing some old photos, and I can't believe that I missed seeing this little thing in a previously seen picture:

IN the background, you see a bunch of people carrying up signs saying "Unite Here" and such, which makes me wonder as to what the whole thing is about.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #77
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wonder if that's something in the film or not

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #78
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Its cool but I think its too much

Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #79
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Wonder if that's something in the film or not
I think it has nothing to do with it. Seems like a strike against the Hyatt hotel from workers is all.

Don't think that will be integral to the movie at all.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #80
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I was just reviewing some old photos, and I can't believe that I missed seeing this little thing in a previously seen picture:

IN the background, you see a bunch of people carrying up signs saying "Unite Here" and such, which makes me wonder as to what the whole thing is about.
I seem to remember, during the Chicago shoot, that there was a real Strike (I think) going on during the filming. Not about the shoot mind you, but a real company. So I'm not sure if they actually filmed those people or not. It makes me wonder, if they did shoot those people, then what's their purpose? Can't wait to find out!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #81
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I love Cavill's face on that pic

Old 01-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #82
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I don't think Lexcorp absolutely has to own everything, though. It seemed like in the comics, it got to the point that when someone opened their cabinet, Lex something or other was plastered all over every box and can. That's one of the things I don't like much about businessman Lex, they took it to obnoxious levels at times. I'd rather Lexcorp have a more specific focus, maybe in technology rather than being some ultra-conglomerate that owns everything and is run by a supervillain.
That's part of the reason why I don't want Lexcorp CEO Lex Luthor. Lex, as a businessman, going after money, profit and fame just seems weak.

I wouldn't mind him as a military scientist/engineer gone rogue. Someone whos intelligence is a dangerous threat.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #83
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well as I had mentioned awhile back, one of my theories was that Zod and Faora weren't alone in their conquest to take control over Earth and defeat Superman.

Given the pictures that we've gotten, primarily of the one with Faora being accompanied by a individual with a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head, it's led me to think that these motion capture individuals are meant to be aliens aiding the kryptonian duo.

Now, some had argued that the man with the rod on his head may in fact be Zod since it's been confirmed that one of Zod's costumes in the film will require CGI to create its look. Not to mention, that another argument was that we hadn't really seen that many motion capture suit individuals (like fans have of Loki's army in the Avengers set pictures).

However, the pictures that I've posted below show that there are more than one person wearing motion captures suits, and if you look at the last one, I wouldn't think that Zod (given his character) would stand in that type of stance in combat battle, and considering that the actress playing Faora is in that shot and not a stunt double, it wouldn't make sense for me personally for a stunt double for Shannon to be required for that scene as well.

So until proven otherwise;lol, I think that there's a strong chance that Superman may have more than just Zod and Faora to deal with in this film.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #84
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

What's all this talk of the entire filming stuff is to be set in the town that's meant to be Smallville...forgive me...Plano, Piano or something?

And that Chicago and Vancouver are just going to be used as backdrops for Metropolis with the effects of green screen?

Ugh, I'm betting this movie is going to look exactly like Sucker Punch and 300...unreal looking as hell

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #85
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

It isn't.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #86
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It isn't.
I sure hope not. Have they filmed in Chicago and Vancouver yet? cause Cavill said that they finish shooting next month.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #87
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I sure hope not. Have they filmed in Chicago and Vancouver yet? cause Cavill said that they finish shooting next month.
We still haven't seen Jimmy Olsen, Clark Kent with Glasses, Lex Luthor, Mercy Graves, Lex Corp, Lana Lang or any other Daily Planet staff (like Kat Grant, Steve Lombard) or any other Metropolis officials like Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin or any of STAR Labs and Prof. Hamilton.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 01-09-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #88
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Um what?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #89
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

So, only characters appearing in this movie would be -

Ma and Pa Kent, Clark Kent (without glasses) / Superman, Lois Lane, Zor El, Lara, Zod, Faora and Perry White.

*\S/T*
Old 01-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #90
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Superman
Lois Lane
General Zod
Faora
Jonathan Kent
Martha Kent
Perry White
Jor-El
Lara
General Swanwick
Colonel Hardy

Seems like a plenty big cast to me. Most comics storyline doesn't even use all the characters you mentioned.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #91
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Don't forget the ol' wise guy who is supposed to give Clark advice about how to fulfill his destiny.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #92
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Superman
Lois Lane
General Zod
Faora
Jonathan Kent
Martha Kent
Perry White
Jor-El
Lara
General Swanwick
Colonel Hardy

Seems like a plenty big cast to me. Most comics storyline doesn't even use all the characters you mentioned.
Characters appearing on -

Krypton:
Jor El, Lara, Zod, Faora.

Smallville -

Clark Kent,Jonathan Kent, Martha Kent.

Metropolis -
Clark Kent / Superman, Perry White, Lois Lane, Zod, Faora, General Swanwick.

A few characters may appear in both locations, but overall there seem to be lot less.

*\S/T*
Old 01-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #93
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

In my opinion, They had a lot of choice -

For example, They could have used some more characters apart from what they already did. (not all but more than what appear in MOS.)

Smallville
Ben Hubbard, Lana Lang, Pete Ross.

Metropolis -
Steve Lombard, Jimmy Olsen, Kat Grant, Lex Luthor, Maggie Sawyer, General Lane, Prof Hamilton

Krypton -
Jax Ur, Ty Zor.

*\S/T*
Old 01-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #94
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well as I had mentioned awhile back, one of my theories was that Zod and Faora weren't alone in their conquest to take control over Earth and defeat Superman.

Given the pictures that we've gotten, primarily of the one with Faora being accompanied by a individual with a motion capture suit with a rod attached to his head, it's led me to think that these motion capture individuals are meant to be aliens aiding the kryptonian duo.

Now, some had argued that the man with the rod on his head may in fact be Zod since it's been confirmed that one of Zod's costumes in the film will require CGI to create its look. Not to mention, that another argument was that we hadn't really seen that many motion capture suit individuals (like fans have of Loki's army in the Avengers set pictures).

However, the pictures that I've posted below show that there are more than one person wearing motion captures suits, and if you look at the last one, I wouldn't think that Zod (given his character) would stand in that type of stance in combat battle, and considering that the actress playing Faora is in that shot and not a stunt double, it wouldn't make sense for me personally for a stunt double for Shannon to be required for that scene as well.

So until proven otherwise;lol, I think that there's a strong chance that Superman may have more than just Zod and Faora to deal with in this film.

Yes, this was discussed in great detail a while back when the pics were first posted.

There are a total of 4 different men in MoCap suits (from what the pics suggest).

1: 2 Guys on the farm (not Micheal Shannon, both younger guys)
2: Micheal Shannon (Zod)
3: Guy with pole on his head fighting Sups on Smallville street (older guy)

I don't believe the guy with the pole on his head has a stunt double, as it looks to be the same guy in every pic (in the stunt double pic as-well).

Also, Shannon was never seen/pic'd with a pole on his head, he only wore the MoCap suit. Also, I doubt they would make a MoCap Zod waaay taller then Earthly black suit Zod.

The MoCap guy with the pole is not Zod, although when I visited the set in August, one of the security personel told me it was Zod, but this guy seemed to not know his *%$%* from a hole in the ground when it came to the details. I knew more about the filming of MOS then he did, it came to the point to where he started asking me questions about the film. He was there for a paycheck, thats it.

For those of us who have picked this movie apart pic by pic, detail by detail, I'm sure we can all agree that there will be 3 villians here (what look like main villians), and possibly more considering the 2 un-known men on the farm. Zod could have pulled these men (on the farm) from the phantom zone to help in the battle for all we know, maybe top officers from his krypton army that were sent to the Phantom zone along with him?

I will say one thing, WB and Snyder are doing a great job at keeping the details as hush hush as possible.

Last edited by EtherMagic; 01-09-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Yes, this was discussed in great detail a while back when the pics were first posted.

There are a total of 4 different men in MoCap suits (from what the pics suggest).

1: 2 Guys on the farm (not Micheal Shannon, both younger guys)
2: Micheal Shannon (Zod)
3: Guy with pole on his head fighting Sups on Smallville street (older guy)

I don't believe the guy with the pole on his head has a stunt double, as it looks to be the same guy in every pic (in the stunt double pic as-well).

Also, Shannon was never seen/pic'd with a pole on his head, he only wore the MoCap suit. Also, I doubt they would make a MoCap Zod waaay taller then Earthly black suit Zod.

The MoCap guy with the pole is not Zod, although when I visited the set in August, one of the security personel told me it was Zod, but this guy seemed to not know his *%$%* from a hole in the ground when it came to the details. I knew more about the filming of MOS then he did, it came to the point to where he started asking me questions about the film. He was there for a paycheck, thats it.

For those of us who have picked this movie apart pic by pic, detail by detail, I'm sure we can all agree that there will be 3 villians here (what look like main villians), and possibly more considering the 2 un-known men on the farm. Zod could have pulled these men (on the farm) from the phantom zone to help in the battle for all we know, maybe top officers from his krypton army that were sent to the Phantom zone along with him?

I will say one thing, WB and Snyder are doing a great job at keeping the details as hush hush as possible.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that these other mo-cap men are in fact Phantom Zone criminals and not other kryptonians since it might not help the story if we had a bunch of kryptonians aside from Superman, Zod, and Faora roaming around earth.

Be that as it may, I'm so HAPPY that we'll get to see Superman fighting a non-humanoid looking individual(s) on the big screen for the first time. After having seen Superman only deal with simplistic looking villains with less than credible threats attached to them, needless to say that seeing these pictures and thinking that there's a chance that Superman may have to deal with the likes of these individuals makes me happy.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #96
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Um what?
The end of February apparently. Cause all the primary shooting was done in Plano. Using the town for Smallville, parts of Metropolis and perhaps Krypton, with the effects of green screen. So I read

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #97
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I guess they'll shoot green-screen and cameos now then. I'm sure we'll see at least some of the above mentioned supporting characters.

If they're cameos they can be bagged quickly, but I'm sure there's been filming (inside studios) going on that we dont know about.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #98
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

^^^

There has been a ton of that, where do you think they been hiding from us at??? From September 26th through-out October I know they were filming at Mammoth Studios in Burnaby, going back and forth from out-door to in-door, and just before x-mas someone on here posted a different studio they were filming at, can't seem to find the post. This latest studio is were we seen the last Pics of Cavill and Shannon in costume taken out one of the back doors.

Has anyone seen the making of Superman Returns? It's freaky how big the sets were! According to Shannon and Cavill (in interviews), these MOS sets are so huge they never seen anything like it, Shannon basically stated that it's a whole other world on these sets.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #99
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

It must nearly be finished then. Cause all the stuff we have seen has just been outside in Plano. So that means that other stuff like Metropolis is going to be Chicago and Vancouver used as backdrops in the studio.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #100
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
In my opinion, They had a lot of choice -

For example, They could have used some more characters apart from what they already did. (not all but more than what appear in MOS.)

Smallville
Ben Hubbard, Lana Lang, Pete Ross.
Metropolis -
Steve Lombard, Jimmy Olsen, Kat Grant, Lex Luthor, Maggie Sawyer, General Lane, Prof Hamilton
Krypton -
Jax Ur, Ty Zor.

Characters no one cares about?

Closed Thread