The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #26
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Default Re: Things you want to see in Thor 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Skurge can lift over 65 tons so while he may not be as strong as Thor he's certainly strong enough to hold his own, especially since Loki was able to go toe to toe with the MCU's Thor in close combat.

He's given both Hulk and Hercules a run for their money with just his fists and his Blood Axe is almost as powerful as Mjonir (if not just as powerful).

2 things with this:

1)Loki had Odin's gungir(I think that's what it's called) and that seems to be a weapon even Thor would need to watch out for.

2)Thor wasn't going all out to beat his brother. He wanted to stop him, sure. But he wasn't trying to harm him.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah and Gungnir has a much longer range than Mjonir which probably made it harder for Thor to use his hammer effectively.

I still don't see why Executioner can't give Thor a good match since his Blood Axe is just as powerful as Mjolnir (it's also much larger) and he's went toe to toe with Herc and Hulk before.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

That's what it would have to come down to, weapon against weapon. Because Thor's twice as strong and would win in short order if they went unarmed.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
That's what it would have to come down to, weapon against weapon. Because Thor's twice as strong and would win in short order if they went unarmed.
I'm pretty sure they're not going to fight unarmed though, since Executioner rarely fights without his axe and Thor hardly ever fights without Mjolnir.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
2 things with this:

1)Loki had Odin's gungir(I think that's what it's called) and that seems to be a weapon even Thor would need to watch out for.

2)Thor wasn't going all out to beat his brother. He wanted to stop him, sure. But he wasn't trying to harm him.
I thought it was pretty clear Thor was holding back in the fight, he never seemed in danger, and the one or two moments when he did unleash, i.e sending them both through the bifrost wall and the lightning bolt on the rainbrow bridge, Loki couldnt handle it.

Anyway, this is only a small request but I would really love it in the sequel if Heimdall saw a bit more action in the sequel. Would love to see him have a full blown fight sequence in fact, maybe losing to the main villain before Thor shows up to save him.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #31
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I thought it was pretty clear Thor was holding back in the fight, he never seemed in danger, and the one or two moments when he did unleash, i.e sending them both through the bifrost wall and the lightning bolt on the rainbrow bridge, Loki couldnt handle it.

Anyway, this is only a small request but I would really love it in the sequel if Heimdall saw a bit more action in the sequel. Would love to see him have a full blown fight sequence in fact, maybe losing to the main villain before Thor shows up to save him.
Yeah, more Heimdall action would be great!

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #32
K'Prime
Beast mode

well like people already said.more heimdall because he was awesome.and more with the warrior's 3 because i think there search for thor could of been a funny minny movie of its own

K'Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

Definately

I said something very similar about wanting more Heimdall near the bottom of the first page, go take a look.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #34
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

I want some backstory pertaining to Thor's involvement in Norse mythology and the Asgardian's Immortality in general. I didn't think it was all that well explained in the first film.

I mean Thor was just a slightly older baby than Loki in the beginning when Odin fought the Frost Giants. Do Asgardian children age like ours do and stop (or slow to a crawl) upon reaching adulthood? I think Idunn's apples have something to do with it. And that was in the 10th century. The Viking Age was already halfway over by then.

Also, more mythic beasties. Sleipnir was barely in that one scene on Jotunheim.

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #35
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I do wish the MCU's Thor was older than he is (he's barely 1,000), I would've liked for him to be atleast 2,000-3,000 years old.

I think Asgardian children reach adult hood at a normal rate similar to ours, but once they reach adulthood they stay that way for a longtime.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Definately

I said something very similar about wanting more Heimdall near the bottom of the first page, go take a look.
Yeah we are pretty much in agreement, him getting a full on fight sequence would be awesome.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #37
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do wish the MCU's Thor was older than he is (he's barely 1,000), I would've liked for him to be atleast 2,000-3,000 years old.

I think Asgardian children reach adult hood at a normal rate similar to ours, but once they reach adulthood they stay that way for a longtime.
That's what I thought. Also, and this is just me, but I'd love for them to explore the psychology behind this immortality for a while. Like you're a thousand and you have the body of a mid-20 year old and--from the editing of the first film--time seems to flow the same on Earth as Asgard.

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #38
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:

Yeah, I believe that's the case with every race of immortals in the MU.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcrawler View Post
That's what I thought. Also, and this is just me, but I'd love for them to explore the psychology behind this immortality for a while. Like you're a thousand and you have the body of a mid-20 year old and--from the editing of the first film--time seems to flow the same on Earth as Asgard.
Asgardians age at a much MUCH slower rate than humans or any other being on earth.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #40
Splat
Side-Kick

One small thing I'd like to see is Thor, Sif, the Warriors 3, and Balder if they introduce him is go on a hunting trip. I have no idea what they would hunt but it seems like they would do this sort of thing on a regular basis just for fun.

And if they did that it'd be an easy way to work in another action scene.

Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #41
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I've already said this in a few other threads, but I would love to see them show Thor's invulnerability with arrows or other forms of projectiles bouncing off his body.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #42
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
I've already said this in a few other threads, but I would love to see them show Thor's invulnerability with arrows or other forms of projectiles bouncing off his body.
actually, i came in here to express the opposite opinion...I was just watching Thor there, and it dawned on me that they are gonna have some trouble with him being a bit too invincible, ie where is his kryptonite? In the books they used to have it that if he lost touch with his hammer for more than a minute(60 secs Earth time, right?), then he reverted back into vulnerable old crippled Don Blake....so, in the first flick, obviously we had him powerless for a time, so we got to see him in physical jeopardy, but what are they gonna do next? Maybe it would be a good idea to have him lose his powers, or at least get weaker while he is on Earth, if he loses touch with his hammer, I dunno, it's just , you don't want the hero to be so invincible he never feels like he is in physical jeopardy during the movie.
sure, they will give him a threat that will rival his powers, but, man, he's still gonna feel too powerful without any weaknesses like that old one of losing his hammer.
The issue where he fought DrDoom in Latveria and lost his hammer, man, that was high drama, i just don't want to lose that sense of someone really powerful suddenly being taken down to the level of a normal person.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 01-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #43
The Morningstar
Banned User

He's not invincible. He's got plenty of enemies that can do him physical harm.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #44
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Aye, I already covered that, they will give him an enemy that will stand toe to toe with him powerwise...but it's still a great trope that I feel has been lost here...it's like taking Kryptonite out of the Superman equation, sure, you can have Supes going up against Zod, or someone with magic powers, but there is something very dramatic about someone so powerful losing *all* their powers in a flash.

Like, the example i briefly talked about, seeing Don Blake wandering around Latveria looking for his hammer, while Doom's droids are searching for him, that was great drama...knowing at any moment he could be killed, but could also become nigh-invincible again, so when he gets to the hammer, you are flipping out and cheering.
and I'm not saying put Don Blake in there, it would just be good if he got weaker on Earth if he lost contact with the hammer, if not powerless completely, eventually.
It opens up more possibilities for stories.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #45
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Exactly, he doesn't need a "krptonite" when he has so many enemies that are just as powerful if not more powerful than him.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #46
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Exactly, he doesn't need a "krptonite" when he has so many enemies that are just as powerful if not more powerful than him.
Well, Stan Lee thought he did anyway, and that worked out for some great Thor drama.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #47
The Morningstar
Banned User

I get what you are saying Bum, but considering he was powerless for a good portion of the first movie I think it'd be kinda stale to go that route again.

Have Thor fully powered all the way through the movie. In the other Realms going up against enemies that can put the hurt on him even in his nigh invulnerable state.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #48
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I get what you are saying Bum, but considering he was powerless for a good portion of the first movie I think it'd be kinda stale to go that route again.

Have Thor fully powered all the way through the movie. In the other Realms going up against enemies that can put the hurt on him even in his nigh invulnerable state.
I agree, we've seen Thor "weakened" for most of the first film, so I want to have a full powered Thor throughout THOR 2.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #49
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:

Yeah, that's the route they should take in the sequel.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #50
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

Exactly, and it will be scary as hell when we see a fully powered Thor getting the crap beaten out of him after seeing him never in pain in the first movie when fully powered.