The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #201
Forever Rud
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shawn Ryan and Martin Campbell team up for "Last Resort on ABC"

▲△▲
Thanks for the link! A great interview, and a 'must-read' for any true fan of this show!

Forever Rud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #202
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

No problem.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #203
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
True, but I really think she was willing to pay that ultimate price. She got her revenge and with icing on top, had Christine be the one to expose the truth.

Anyway, there's this interview with Ryan about the finale, but I haven't read it yet...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...s-cop-and-more
Yeah I think she was ready for the consequences, she looked like she believed in what she was doing when she did it, but you never know what would have happened later.

Thanks for the link as well, that was a really interesting piece.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #204
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah I think she was ready for the consequences, she looked like she believed in what she was doing when she did it, but you never know what would have happened later.

Thanks for the link as well, that was a really interesting piece.
No problem.

Another thing I thought would've happened was the Chinese still staying on the island for those minerals.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #205
Forever Rud
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Another thing I thought would've happened was the Chinese still staying on the island for those minerals.

Yeah - that was another thing that surprised me - I thought the Chinese were there for the minerals.

But then the SEAL's girlfriend came back from visiting her home village and said something about prospectors creating havoc, as if they were different from the Chinese.

It was obviously a planned storyline that got truncated by the cancellation . . . but I'm still kind of confused. Were they outsider 'prospectors' that somehow got to the island . . . or was it a group under Serrat's control, since he knew about the minerals??

Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #206
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Rud View Post

Yeah - that was another thing that surprised me - I thought the Chinese were there for the minerals.

But then the SEAL's girlfriend came back from visiting her home village and said something about prospectors creating havoc, as if they were different from the Chinese.

It was obviously a planned storyline that got truncated by the cancellation . . . but I'm still kind of confused. Were they outsider 'prospectors' that somehow got to the island . . . or was it a group under Serrat's control, since he knew about the minerals??

I thought those prospectors were Chinese and that was why King was targeting Zheng and his assistant only for Kani to come and stop him at the last second. So, I just assumed the Chinese would go, "Well, we didn't get the sub like we wanted, but there's more to this island and we'll exploit it."

"

Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #207
Forever Rud
Side-Kick

You're a thinking guy!

I appreciate your analyses.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #208
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Shawn Ryan just tweeted that this comes out on DVD July 2nd. Thank you, Sony TV.

**** you, ABC.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #209
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

DVD Press Release + Package Art

So getting this. Love that they didn't scam us on special features.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote