The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #76
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Ra's Al Ghul ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow1713 View Post
Some of you... make my brain liquify... I just wanna... ugh *takes a deep breath and slowly puts down the crowbar*
Has anyone given a thought to the possibility that the "green pit" from the leaked pictures is the collapsing Stadium from the new trailer?
http://www.caughtonset.com/heinz-field-gotham-stadium/

As opposed to the real one?

Actually, I think a football field may be one of the easier things to motion-track for effects. They basically do some version of it every Sunday on TV during football season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow1713 View Post
And anyone who thinks the man who says "Rise" in the trailer is Alfred.... I will find you. And I will make you listen to Michael Cain's voice until your ears bleed and become deaf because I swear on my life that, that man in the trailer saying "Rise" is NOT Alfred.
Check his height, too.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #77
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

OMFG are there people who actually thought that Alfred says "Rise"?

I can't tell who the actor is, but it's clear enough to see that it's NOT Michael Caine...

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #78
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Tom Conti?

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #79
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman jr. View Post
OMFG are there people who actually thought that Alfred says "Rise"?

I can't tell who the actor is, but it's clear enough to see that it's NOT Michael Caine...

Precisely.

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #80
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Precisely.
When Gotham is ashes...

Then there will be news to stop the trolling.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #81
Broker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Tom Conti?
Yes.

Broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #82
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Thx

Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #83
Broker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman jr. View Post
Thx
Strong actor. Certainly a "character."

I enjoyed his TV detective Donovan, it was shame it didn't get picked up for a longer run.

A small role in TDKR I am sure, but it will be interesting to see him on the big screen nonetheless.

Broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #84
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

It's Michael Caine's stunt double.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #85
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
It's Michael Caine's stunt double.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
munchie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #86
Dylan Dog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
That bit about the scene of Bale being carried into and jumping out of the supposed pit didn't come from the FB guys. It came from an article from Times of India:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...istopher-nolan

We don't know how accurate the article is though because they also included some speculations in their article.
Oh yeah,that´s right.
Thanks.

Dylan Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #87
dreamliner
Side-Kick

Liam Neeson Filmed a Scene for The Dark Knight Rises?
Quote:
It has long been rumored that Liam Neeson returned to film a scene for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, but now Neeson commented on it himself.

"I can tell you nothing about Dark Knight Rises, seriously," Neeson told ShowbizSpy. "I was on set for maybe an hour-and-a-half and the director didn’t tell me anything of what it's about. So, I'm being very honest when I say I have no idea what's going to happen."

Neeson played villain Ra's al Ghul in Nolan's Batman Begins, which hit theaters in 2005. We'll have to wait and see on July 20 if he actually filmed a scene.

The highly-anticipated film stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Nestor Carbonell, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis, Josh Stewart, Christopher Judge, Adam Rodriguez
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...k-knight-rises

Liam Neeson: ‘Dark Knight Rises is a Secret
Quote:
LIAM Neeson has he’s returning to the Batman franchise but despite filming his comeback — he has no idea what’s in store for his character.

The Oscar winning star reprises his Batman Begins role of Ra Al Ghul in Dark Knight Rises but such was the secrecy on set he’s not likely to give away any plot spoilers.

“I can tell you nothing about Dark Knight Rises, seriously,” says Liam.

“I was on set for maybe an hour-and-a-half and the director didn’t tell me anything of what it’s about.

“So, I’m being very honest when I say I have no idea what’s going to happen.”
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/24...-a-secret.html

dreamliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #88
Blue Sugar
Banned User

So the him being on set rumors were true after all.

Blue Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #89
MrWayne
Risen...

Has the prison where all the rich are being kept been confirmed as actually happening in the movie or is this speculation?

I ask because from the trailer, I always thought that the scene where Bruce asks about what the chanting means, and the fellow replies "Rise" for some reason I always felt like that was going to be a Flash Back scene from when Bruce was in Asia training with the LOS back in the BB timeline. I thought thats why he had the beard... the setting of that scene gives me a feeling like it was back in those LOS temples from his training with Ra's... Just saying.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #90
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

^ If that's the prison for the rich, how are they leaving the United States and back and forth and back forth dumping prisoners underground in another far off country? I can understand some level of stealth, the way the microwave emitter ship was infiltrated and stolen from, or the way Ra's and his goons infiltrate Gotham in the U.S. (his helpers are in "every level of its infrasture") even though they come from another area on the planet, but this takes it up another notch or three if it is the case.

BTW, Bruce Wayne has gray hair in that shot of him and Conti saying, "What does it mean?" "Rise." It can't be a flashback with Ra's and BW at the same time.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 01-25-2012 at 01:20 PM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #91
MrWayne
Risen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
^ If that's the prison for the rich, how are they leaving the United States and back and forth and back forth dumping prisoners underground in another far off country? I can understand some level of stealth, the way the microwave emitter ship was infiltrated and stolen from, or the way Ra's and his goons infiltrate Gotham in the U.S. (his helpers are in "every level of its infrasture") even though they come from another area on the planet, but this takes it up another notch or three if it is the case.

BTW, Bruce Wayne has gray hair in that shot of him and Conti saying, "What does it mean?" "Rise." It can't be a flashback with Ra's and BW at the same time.
Exactly why I ask if this "Prison for the rich" thing is real or just some of us assuming.

Hmmm, didnt notice the grey hairs but thanks for pointing that out...

Anouther thing.. if thats a prison, it sure doesnt look like one. Like why are they able to free roam around?

They all seem to be wearing LOS attire, why arent they wearing the clothing they were abducted in if thats the case here??

Not to mention.. how does Conti know the language the chant is in, unless he's perhaps LOS??

Again, it just makes me think this could have been a scene from the training days with LOS & Ra's... idk i'm just thinking out loud on this one.

Last edited by MrWayne; 01-25-2012 at 01:38 PM.
MrWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #92
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWayne View Post
Exactly why I ask if this "Prison for the rich" thing is real or just some of us assuming.

Hmmm, didnt notice the grey hairs but thanks for pointing that out...

Anouther thing.. if thats a prison, it sure doesnt look like one. Like why are they able to free roam around?

They all seem to be wearing LOS attire, why arent they wearing the clothing they were abducted in if thats the case here??

Not to mention.. how does Conti know the language the chant is in, unless he's perhaps LOS??

Again, it just makes me think this could have been a scene from the training days with LOS & Ra's... idk i'm just thinking out loud on this one.
Also, it appears as though all the people shown in the shots of that place (a duplicate of the Chand Baori in India) are male. No women, no children. Perhaps it's for their protection. Or perhaps it's not a prison for the rich.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #93
gorillanesthsia
Side-Kick

The rich being imprisoned was never confirmed, it is just the best interpretation we have at the time.

As Magnar pointed out, it is after the eight year jump because Bruce has gray hair.

I believe it is a prison, but not a "real" prison. They are able to roam around because they are allowed to, simple as that. They must be locked up while they sleep of course, I'm sure they will have free time, but that is another discussion entirely.

I don't believe they are wearing L.O.S. attire at all. Look again, they look pretty normal to me, just ragged. Or, it could be and the men wanted to dress them in dirty rags. If they are the affluent in society, I can see this... Now, the people who are rappelling down, they look like they are wearing L.O.S. attire.

Conti may know that language just because he knows that particular language. Simple as that. He doesn't have to be "in" with anyone.

Now, Magnar...

This place is not a duplicate of those steps in India, I do believe it is inspired by it but by no means a stand-in for it. I believe this place is in Gotham.

The Batcave is underground, Bane is getting around underground, Gordon and his men are underground going through the subway and other areas, there is a lot of underground stuff going on in this movie and I believe this place is underground. Perhaps part of the sewer system. OR, just like the Chand Baori (which is actually a well) this could be an old well. It would account for the well-like hole and tower on top and account for the strange step formation, which was used in India so that anyone could get to the water no matter how high it rose. Also, check out the picture again...

Look at the guy who is in the left corner, like he is reading the paper. See that big pipe running along the whole rest of the picture there? And look at where the water damage is...those yellowish colorings and drips. That supports that it could be apart of the sewer system or an old well.

But who knows... it could be in Timbuktu knowing Nolan.

Just, the best guess I think right now is in Gotham, underground, somewhere.

Last edited by gorillanesthsia; 01-25-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding a picture
gorillanesthsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #94
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanesthsia View Post
The rich being imprisoned was never confirmed, it is just the best interpretation we have at the time.

As Magnar pointed out, it is after the eight year jump because Bruce has gray hair.

I believe it is a prison, but not a "real" prison. They are able to roam around because they are allowed to, simple as that. They must be locked up while they sleep of course, I'm sure they will have free time, but that is another discussion entirely.

I don't believe they are wearing L.O.S. attire at all. Look again, they look pretty normal to me, just ragged. Or, it could be and the men wanted to dress them in dirty rags. If they are the affluent in society, I can see this... Now, the people who are rappelling down, they look like they are wearing L.O.S. attire.

Conti may know that language just because he knows that particular language. Simple as that. He doesn't have to be "in" with anyone.

Now, Magnar...

This place is not a duplicate of those steps in India, I do believe it is inspired by it but by no means a stand-in for it. I believe this place is in Gotham.

The Batcave is underground, Bane is getting around underground, Gordon and his men are underground going through the subway and other areas, there is a lot of underground stuff going on in this movie and I believe this place is underground. Perhaps part of the sewer system. OR, just like the Chand Baori (which is actually a well) this could be an old well. It would account for the well-like hole and tower on top and account for the strange step formation, which was used in India so that anyone could get to the water no matter how high it rose. Also, check out the picture again...

Look at the guy who is in the left corner, like he is reading the paper. See that big pipe running along the whole rest of the picture there? And look at where the water damage is...those yellowish colorings and drips. That supports that it could be apart of the sewer system or an old well.

But who knows... it could be in Timbuktu knowing Nolan.

Just, the best guess I think right now is in Gotham, underground, somewhere.
It's pretty a big departure to be a part of Gotham, from TDK to even BB's architecture in the Narrows. Nolan was reported by a local Indian paper to have gone to India in December 2010 to check out places to film and one of those areas was where the step well Chand Baori was. It's hard to believe this well inspired by Indian architecture would be below New York Ci..., excuse me, Gotham City. But I also think the existence of the hovering lobster vehicle is not realistic. Or Catwoman running around in those heels. I joke that 'epic' has replaced 'realism' in the Nolan vocabulary lately, maybe I should get with the program.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #95
gorillanesthsia
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It's pretty a big departure to be a part of Gotham, from TDK to even BB's architecture in the Narrows. Nolan was reported by a local Indian paper to have gone to India in December 2010 to check out places to film and one of those areas was where the step well Chand Baori was. It's hard to believe this well inspired by Indian architecture would be below New York Ci..., excuse me, Gotham City. But I also think the existence of the hovering lobster vehicle is not realistic. Or Catwoman running around in those heels. I joke that 'epic' has replaced 'realism' in the Nolan vocabulary lately, maybe I should get with the program.
First off, he filmed kind of near the place, not at it. This is def. NOT the real Chand Baori. That would have been all over the news. The only thing that makes it similar to it is the step formation.

I understand, it does look "strange" to be in Gotham city, but as you cited, there are stranger things.

I still believe this is in Gotham. Why the hell would Bane and his men fly Bruce, himself and others out of Gotham and then run back and forth?

That is what doesn't make any sense in the context of the film and that is why I am saying this has to be in Gotham.

gorillanesthsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #96
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
long time lurker, first time poster.

out of curiousity, why do people think the prison if for the rich? i know the trailer suggests there are gonna be some class warfare themes in the film, but they don't seem to permeate throughout the entire film, just to catwoman...
There's other class warfare things that have been recorded, such as posters in Gotham that say "Corporations manufactured greed" and "Bomb Texas They Have Oil Too." They are (or were) in the photos thread.

An alleged scene with Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow as a judge has the VP of Daggett Industries brought before him, and he is offered death or exile.

Quote:
You have been found guilty of getting rich off the blood, sweat and hard work of those less powerful than you while contributing nothing and throwing your own to the wolves
Does death mean instant death or imprisonment until Gotham is ashes, then death? No idea where this fits in at all with the idea of the rich being imprisoned.

And of course you brought up Selina Kyle's warning.

Quote:
You think this can last...there's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, 'cause when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large, and leave so little for the rest of us.
Another scene is where Selina Kyle stands around while a hooded Bruce Wayne is dragged in before a crowd. He is a prisoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras View Post
also, i saw the pics of that green screen thing in india. whatever it is, i doubt it's the opening to the prison. you see people repelling into the prison. how, from a film maker's pov, would a green screen come into play while filming that? the whole in the ground is too rounded for it to have been the result of a controlled demolition.
I've noticed too that the oblong shape of the Indian well/pit doesn't match what we see as a circular opening in the teaser trailer or the other men rappelling down in the second trailer. An Indian newspaper did report Christian Bale being carried into the well/pit and jumping out, though, so who knows.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 01-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #97
iansilv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Yeah, I'd wager he's in the movie.
Dark hunt- i love your name.

And man I hope he is in the movie, and not as a flashback.

I would really like to see him not be Bane's ally- and in fact reject Bane as a perversion of the type of justice Ras wants. He rejects Bane because Bane really, deep down, wants this glory and control over Gotham, where Ras just wanted to destroy it to destroy corruption.

And so Ras is actually the one who takes Bruce, broken back and all, to the Lazarus pit to heal him to fight Bane.

OK- remember- Ras did say, "You were my finest pupil..."

iansilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #98
MrWayne
Risen...

Yea I would love to see Liam back in this more than i'd like a Joker cameo... seriously.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #99
blueblazer2
Banned User

"But is Ra's al Ghul immortal? Are his methods supernatural?" That was one of my favorite lines from Batman Begins

blueblazer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #100
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

"Surely, a man who spends his nights scrambling over the rooftops of Gotham wouldn't begrudge me dual identities?"