The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #201
dax
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Wolverine was out of line to question Xavier's decision to put mental blocks within Jean's mind which is why Xavier was so aggressive towards Wolverine. Wolverine had no idea of the potential danger that Jean would pose without the mental blocks until after she killed Cyclops and Xavier.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #202
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
Wolverine was out of line to question Xavier's decision to put mental blocks within Jean's mind which is why Xavier was so aggressive towards Wolverine. Wolverine had no idea of the potential danger that Jean would pose without the mental blocks until after she killed Cyclops and Xavier.
I still felt it was out of character watching the first two X-Men films I find Xavier in the Last Stand seems like a different character.

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #203
I'm Venom
Acklesauce

I really enjoyed the film, but the thing I just hated was Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. He sounded as ridiculous as he looked, and that line with Kitty and not knowing who he was well, that was just terrible! For all the effects, a film is only as good as its actors. Unfortunately, there are only so many actors who are anywhere big enough to play Juggernaut or anyone like him. The only person who has the size, in my opinion, is Nathan Jones. You may remember him as the warrior who Achilles kills at the beginning of Troy. He's 6'10. When Jean died the first time (X-Men #137), Scott left the team... it would've been a better move than what happened on screen. I thought it sucked. Why would Jean smoke her longime boyfriend but play with Wolverine? Lame.

My take on a new Spider-Man trilogy
1st movie: Kingpin and Vulture with Eddie Brock in a minor role
2nd movie: Kraven's Last Hunt with a Sin-Eater subplot, Spidey having the symbiote from Infinity War
3rd movie: Venom

Last edited by I'm Venom; 09-20-2015 at 10:59 AM.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #204
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I have a few reasons to hate X3:
1. The Dark Phoenix was horribly portrayed and wasted a storyline that was being gradually developed. it ended up having to share the screen with another storyline.
2. Cyclops was unceremoniously killed off in favor of progressing the Wolvie/Jean love affair.
3. Wolverine's hair looked weirder than usual. It as really distracting. Instead of the usual dog-eared pompadour, it was like sticking up and then combed forward.
4. The Juggernaut quoting a meme was possibly the worst thing that has ever been in a superhero movie
5. Angel was wasted. Madrox was wasted.
6. The Morlocks were in the wrong movie. They should have been fighting Masterblaster for Bartertown.
7. Wolverine was overpowered. The first movie he was shot in the head and lost consciousness. Here he was almost ripped apart by the Phoenix and conducted lighting through his claws.
8. A mutant cure should have been more dramatic and it was treated like a MacGuffin
9. There was one character that could regrow his arms. They were needlessly CGI in a close up and its always bothered me.
10. Cyclops' entire behavior seemed predicated on a scene where Wolverine gets angry at him for having to fill in. IMO, Cyclops is the type to obsess about his job in the face of trauma not ignore it to wallow.
11. Some of the worst one-liners to follow knock outs. Like Arnie in the 80s bad.
12. I'm sure there's more. And all of them can be traced back to Fox not wanting to wait a few months to let Singer do a project in between movies.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #205
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
2. Cyclops was unceremoniously killed off in favor of progressing the Wolvie/Jean love affair.
Pretty sure he was killed off as a **** you move from FOX to the actor because he appeared in Superman Returns.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:59 AM   #206
jaymes_e06

I'm pretty sure it was for both reasons.

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:17 AM   #207
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

They could have recast Cyclops if they really wanted, they probably see it as a benefit since wolverine could be the hero and to a certain extent get the girl

Fox and Bryan were not getting on very well so cyclops was a victim of that

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #208
BobJM
Who's Bad?

I think X3 could have been pretty spectacular, I just think it needed a rewrite to tighten some of the dialogue & better direction to let the movie breathe a bit more.

Give Kinberg's script to Singer & his crew, and I think we would have been a-okay.

There was potential for story there, but all were left dangling when the movie moved on to the next set piece.

Storm's ascension into leadership, Professor X's decision to block Jean's powers, the community's response to the cure, Angel, etc.

The only thing that was absolutely nonredeemable in that movie was Rogue's decision to take the cure. Such a disservice to the character.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote