Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I really don't want to pay to get the movie tie-in Avengers costume, but I'm not getting command points fast enough. I get one (Gold bar every time I level up) and (5 Command points when I get all 4 stars) Their's got to be a faster way.
I wouldn't get all the Avengers costumes since some just aren't worth it. I think the main ones to concentrate on are probably Cap, IM, Thor, and possibly BW. I already got Cap's bruiser just to get another class for him, but I have another 115 CP (all earned in game) to use. I really benefited from yesterday's glitching since the roulette thing kept giving me 5 CP and my energy kept refreshing, allowing me to do tons of jobs that dropped CP.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
zenith16
Side-Kick

the only review that was put up for this game

Reviews

Marvel: Avengers Alliance (Facebook) – VIDEO REVIEW

Jose and Ben assemble for Marvel: Avengers Alliance...

source:Rotor
since it came out in time for the movie but was still it's own thing.

Ben and jose gave Jose 8.0 ben a 7.5

Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #28
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I love this game. I'd like to see them add Beast, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver

Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPlaYa View Post
I love this game. I'd like to see them add Beast, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
The new Special Ops missions I think will probably include some of these characters, but I hope they release some more that you can train and use in the other modes as well.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I wouldn't get all the Avengers costumes since some just aren't worth it. I think the main ones to concentrate on are probably Cap, IM, Thor, and possibly BW. I already got Cap's bruiser just to get another class for him, but I have another 115 CP (all earned in game) to use. I really benefited from yesterday's glitching since the roulette thing kept giving me 5 CP and my energy kept refreshing, allowing me to do tons of jobs that dropped CP.
I really wanted the movie costumes, and since my agent's level is still very low (lvl 14), I decided to purchase some gold and get the movie costumes for BW and Hawkeye before they expired. I'd have waited, but the limited period put on these costumes forced me to shell out money for them, which I'm not happy about. People who have played the game earlier and/or have more time to play definitely got some advantage in purchasing these costumes.

Btw, I'm still contemplating whether to buy Cap, Thor, and/or Hulk. However, for 90 CP a pop, it is just way too outrageously priced, because each essentially costs $10 USD. That's just insane imo.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

Last edited by Raiden; 05-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #31
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I really wanted the movie costumes, and since my agent's level is still very low (lvl 14), I decided to purchase some gold and get the movie costumes for BW and Hawkeye before they expired. I'd have waited, but the limited period put on these costumes forced me to shell out money for them, which I'm not happy about. People who have played the game earlier and/or have more time to play definitely got some advantage in purchasing these costumes.

Btw, I'm still contemplating whether to buy Cap, Thor, and/or Hulk. However, for 90 CP a pop, it is just way too outrageously priced, because each essentially costs $10 USD. That's just insane imo.
they are all awesome in their own rights but i'd get Hulk first

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #32
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

So far, I've gotten: Cap Tact & Bruiser, IM Tact, Thor Blaster, and BW Inf. I'm working on getting either Thor's Bruiser or either one of Hulk's.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
roach
I am the night

i havent gotten any of the alt modes for heroes...i have all but Kitty and Wolverine and I am saving for wolverine

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #34
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
they are all awesome in their own rights but i'd get Hulk first
I have enough CP to get a 90CP hero and one of his costumes, and I'm considering Thor, Cap, and Hulk plus one of their Avengers costumes. So you think I should get Hulk first? If I get Hulk, I might get his Scrapper costume since we're lacking a Scrapper in the team.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #35
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I have enough CP to get a 90CP hero and one of his costumes, and I'm considering Thor, Cap, and Hulk plus one of their Avengers costumes. So you think I should get Hulk first? If I get Hulk, I might get his Scrapper costume since we're lacking a Scrapper in the team.
get hulk and leave him as a brute/tank whatever they call it....when he gets attacked it strengthens him...of his 4 powers the last 2 hit all enemies...if you get Hulk to any rage over 5 (5 hits) he can kill all enemies in one hit....he has saved me from certain death so many times

Last edited by roach; 05-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #36
Raiden

Quote:
get hulk and leave him as a brute/tank whatever they call it....when he gets attacked it strengthens him...of his 4 powers the last 4 hit all enemies...if you get Hulk to any rage over 5 (5 hits) he can kill all enemies in one hit....he has saved me from certain death so many times
Thanks for the advice. I've tried both Thor and Cap, and while I like them a lot, I also think they could've been better esp. given how expensive they are. Sounds like Hulk is just as powerful as he should be.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
roach
I am the night

Spec ops is up and the first character you can unlock is Mockingbird...Namor and BP better be in there

Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #38
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Spec ops is up and the first character you can unlock is Mockingbird...Namor and BP better be in there
The point and unstable iso requirements are really going to make it near impossible to complete. It takes 800K to get a 2nd star on the first mission so I'd actually hate to see what it takes total to complete the whole thing. I hope that they put the new characters in the regular hero recruitment section later and Spec Ops is just a way to get them earlier than that.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #39
Raiden

I tried the Spec Ops, and since my agent is only level 17 (after trying to level him up these couple of days), the missions seemed much tougher than anything else I've attempted previously. In Hard missions, my team got destroyed two straight times, and my heroes had to keep taking med kits due to the outrageous amount of damages inflicted on them by ordinary goons. I think they should tell us what level requirement is for these missions, because right now it is nearly-impossible for me to advance past round 1, and with the Unstable Iso so hard to obtain, I doubt I would be able to get Mockingbird.

Btw, between Cap and Thor, which one would you guys choose to get?

Old 05-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #40
roach
I am the night

Cap always goes first but Thor is pretty powerful...if you already have a brute I'd go with Cap

Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #41
Raiden

Quote:
Cap always goes first but Thor is pretty powerful...if you already have a brute I'd go with Cap
I already have Hulk as the Brute so I guess getting Thor is a bit redundant, although I do want to have the God of Thunder on my team. I wish Thor would be a Scrapper instead of a Brute, since Avengers are lacking in Scrapper class heroes.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
roach
I am the night

Spider-woman and Luke Cage are scrappers

Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #43
Raiden

Quote:
Spider-woman and Luke Cage are scrappers
Sorry, I meant the movie Avengers. I don't want to use gold to purchase Spider-Woman and Luke Cage because there's another way to get them, and I'm only buying the movie Avengers because I want their LE movie costumes.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

that might be why you are having issues beating the new missions...there are non avenger characters that beast in this game...Spidey, She Hulk,DD, Dr Strange

Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #45
Raiden

Quote:
that might be why you are having issues beating the new missions...there are non avenger characters that beast in this game...Spidey, She Hulk,DD, Dr Strange
I got She-Hulk ( after I get to pick one character for free for reaching a certain level), but the rest costs CP so I haven't brought any except for Hulk. I need to find a guide that recommends what character to spend CP on.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick

hmmm like you raiden i caved and bought at least two of the avengers movie characters it was BW and cap. and I bought spidey for too cause some beat the crap out of my team with him in the pvp and i couldn't have that happen ever again. so far though I have unlocked the hulk level I was on my way to havin the full stars and then the spec op's thin happened with the annoying count down. which mean they want you to spent more money some how ow. cause the difficulty seem's to be raise with each up date unless you spend something real cash wise which is the very reason why face book games are hated there's always some kind of cash grab scheme happening.
anyway I've been avoiding spending any more money being spent beside what I mentioned I earned hulk by unlocking his level. but this difficulty thin that's happening with each up date is too obvious.
the count down is an way to make you send money if your leveled up enough to want o pick mockin bird. I'm at level 48 and yeah I've been smacked down at times just doing that spec op's I don't it's the level your at at any more.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
Raiden

I haven't gotten into pvp because I know it's an arm's race once you do, which means you'll have to start buying pvp gears for your agent and other items that cost gold, and it'll get worse if you get beaten. I'll stick with pve only.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #48
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah that wasn't the reason I brouht that. I only mentioned and went that way cause I wanted to see how spidey and other characters I didn't have played. In a way I did what both (fubar) jose and ben for that video review I put up on this thread did. And spidey is awesome my team is usually my shield agent him and cyclops or Bw me and cyclops . if I were allowed to have 4 characters it's be even sweeter. the point is though about the pve that was my peeve about the difficulty being raised with each up date in the pve . that's the money sucker. and what's making spec op's tough as well. with that count down .

Last edited by zenith16; 05-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I've gotten to level 77 without buying any type of item bought with gold or real money. It's taken a lot of grinding away at the side missions, story missions, and PVP to get there in the past couple of months. Once you get some of the higher end heroes, PVP gets much easier but losing a lot early on can get a little frustrating.

As for the new Spec Ops and Mockingbird, I think she'll be available for regular CP after it ends so I'm not wasting my time and energy on the missions.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #50
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah I hope so. it'll be annoying if it's like they won't put her up ever again after that. but I get what you mean web foot. iI just hope they don't pull that. ether it's an obvious cash Grab

Closed Thread