Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #876
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, I had a match today where enemy's Capt. Britain went first and for three straight turns got Merle's Gift (and extra turn), and he proceeded to kill two of my team members all by his lonesome. In the end, my grey suit Black Widow killed him in a very narrow victory, but that was just unbelievably OP.
Talk about bull*****. I'm getting too frustrated with PVP and this is the first one I'm participating. I don't think I'll bother with what comes next unless they really fix some things there.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #877
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It seems the AI's CB gets extra turns every round while the player's will be lucky to proc even once. I've been doing a lot of practice rounds and have found few set ups to win consistently.

It's more luck (and a big wallet) than skill in PVP. I used to enjoy it before all these PVP seasons and they horribly screwed up the match-making. I liked it when you could look at a list and pick who you fought. Now I end up going against people who've obviously spent countless dollars stacking their armories while I've gone wallet-free.
Yeah, PVP is getting more and more cut-throat, and while I managed to reach Vibranium right now I'm getting too many AFK losses while I'm fighting that I'm not sure if I can hold the fort until the end. I really want that Tactician power armor, but it seems like even that would be difficult to obtain this season.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #878
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Ant-Man now here's a character I'll play spec ops to get.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #879
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, PVP is getting more and more cut-throat, and while I managed to reach Vibranium right now I'm getting too many AFK losses while I'm fighting that I'm not sure if I can hold the fort until the end. I really want that Tactician power armor, but it seems like even that would be difficult to obtain this season.
I've never placed higher than silver in any PVP. I did about 17 fights and won only 7 so I'm through with PVP for this season. Just too difficult to find combinations that work in every fight. My main team was a combination of CB and Dr. Strange that I had a nice 5 win streak going before losing my last 3. The hero bonuses don't mean much anymore now that they've made the armory the overwhelming stat booster. Plus, I kept running into opposing AI's that were using sacrificial weapons so I had to keep killing people multiple times, which is just annoying as heck. They really need to rework PVP so more people could actually enjoy it. It's actually something I dread when they show up on SO tasks.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #880
Raiden

Quote:
I've never placed higher than silver in any PVP. I did about 17 fights and won only 7 so I'm through with PVP for this season. Just too difficult to find combinations that work in every fight. My main team was a combination of CB and Dr. Strange that I had a nice 5 win streak going before losing my last 3. The hero bonuses don't mean much anymore now that they've made the armory the overwhelming stat booster. Plus, I kept running into opposing AI's that were using sacrificial weapons so I had to keep killing people multiple times, which is just annoying as heck. They really need to rework PVP so more people could actually enjoy it. It's actually something I dread when they show up on SO tasks.
I've been using grey suit BW and P5 tact EF for the past 3-4 seasons and I've placed in Vibranium in all of them. They are a good team since both can bypass protectors, and are very versatile in just about every situation. If I have a great first turn I can usually kill at least one enemy, or make the battle turn into my favor.

Btw, I ended up placing at 2.1% and got Vibranium again. Since there's no chance for me to get into Adamantium, I'm happy at my final standing.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #881
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

I managed to reach the gold medal in the final hours. But then it ends and when it comes back, the silver medal is where I'm placed and I don't get the 10x gold. So much time wasted.

Last edited by Jick; 03-11-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #882
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've been using grey suit BW and P5 tact EF for the past 3-4 seasons and I've placed in Vibranium in all of them. They are a good team since both can bypass protectors, and are very versatile in just about every situation. If I have a great first turn I can usually kill at least one enemy, or make the battle turn into my favor.

Btw, I ended up placing at 2.1% and got Vibranium again. Since there's no chance for me to get into Adamantium, I'm happy at my final standing.
I may have to try that next season. I may just start doing PVP earlier so I can get the daily rewards and not really worry about the big PVP season rewards. Could help to get some of the PVP armory bonus items to fill out the stuff I already have there.

Got another 18 or so hours left on the 48 hour SO research task so I'm going to go farm for more CP.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #883
Raiden

Quote:
I may have to try that next season. I may just start doing PVP earlier so I can get the daily rewards and not really worry about the big PVP season rewards. Could help to get some of the PVP armory bonus items to fill out the stuff I already have there.

Got another 18 or so hours left on the 48 hour SO research task so I'm going to go farm for more CP.
Yeah, give this team a chance. I've defeated teams that have protectors or without, and won against Psylocke, Capt. Britain, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Emma Frost (the top five PVP heroes imo) with just these two. They aren't perfect, otherwise I'd have won more AFK battles, but they can help me win a majority of offensive battles and that's all you can ask of your team. I wish I'd have either CB or Psylocke since both are very strong in the current environment, but unfortunately I'm forced to recruit Cable and Wasp instead. If I want those heroes I'd have to spend alot of gold to get them.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #884
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Plus, I kept running into opposing AI's that were using sacrificial weapons so I had to keep killing people multiple times, which is just annoying as heck. They really need to rework PVP so more people could actually enjoy it. It's actually something I dread when they show up on SO tasks.
That's really annoying. I HATE having to face teams like that. BTW in SO u can usually get the PVP task done even in practice. Either that, or by the time i get to that task PVP is over and i can only get through it in practice lol.

I managed to win my gold today, yay

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #885
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
That's really annoying. I HATE having to face teams like that. BTW in SO u can usually get the PVP task done even in practice. Either that, or by the time i get to that task PVP is over and i can only get through it in practice lol.

I managed to win my gold today, yay
I've always used practice rounds to get by those since regular PVP seasons matches just end up kicking my butt most of the time. I typically try out different hero combinations there and can also get some wins there, which is another SO task.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #886
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, give this team a chance. I've defeated teams that have protectors or without, and won against Psylocke, Capt. Britain, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Emma Frost (the top five PVP heroes imo) with just these two. They aren't perfect, otherwise I'd have won more AFK battles, but they can help me win a majority of offensive battles and that's all you can ask of your team. I wish I'd have either CB or Psylocke since both are very strong in the current environment, but unfortunately I'm forced to recruit Cable and Wasp instead. If I want those heroes I'd have to spend alot of gold to get them.
CB is a strong hero and can kill people in one round if Merlyn's Gift procs, but he can easily get taken out by AI blasters. That's why I'm so iffy on CB for future PVP seasons unless I can him find a better pairing. I've haven't used Psylocke in many practice rounds, but her 2 offensive moves and mental coordination can pack a wallop, especially when used against tacticians.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #887
Raiden

Quote:
CB is a strong hero and can kill people in one round if Merlyn's Gift procs, but he can easily get taken out by AI blasters. That's why I'm so iffy on CB for future PVP seasons unless I can him find a better pairing. I've haven't used Psylocke in many practice rounds, but her 2 offensive moves and mental coordination can pack a wallop, especially when used against tacticians.
Well, you can pair CB with many heroes, including Mockingbird and other heroes who can exploit the debuffs that he generates on opposing teams. Or you can just pair him with Emma; it always work. I've seen a team with CB and Psylocke together many times, as well.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #888
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

I finally got Pym (and the weapons you get are pretty awesome too) and Magneto (i have some lockboxes left, should I open them, or save them).

You know what I hated in PVP, every team was a combo of Invisible Woman, Human Torch, & Dr. Strange.---Those three have some interesting buffs,---and devastating etc. I have IW & HT, I may also exploit them next time.

I finished the PVP tourney at Vibranium and got the Chakra Strike and the Gold and Silver rewards.

For the expired characters---Magik, Emma Frost, Mockingbird, Ghost Rider, Valkyrie, and Havok. What were the conditions to get them originally? I noticed Mockingbird was brought back "on sale" last week, do they do that with the others? Anybody get X-23?

I notice the Iso slots for heroes is at 12, is that the highest level the heroes can gain?

I think its interesting when this is the best Marvel game out there.

Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?

Last edited by Hellion; 03-12-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #889
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I finally got Pym (and the weapons you get are pretty awesome too) and Magneto (i have some lockboxes left, should I open them, or save them).

You know what I hated in PVP, every team was a combo of Invisible Woman, Human Torch, & Dr. Strange.---Those three have some interesting buffs,---and devastating etc. I have IW & HT, I may also exploit them next time.

I finished the PVP tourney at Vibranium and got the Chakra Strike and the Gold and Silver rewards.

For the expired characters---Magik, Emma Frost, Mockingbird, Ghost Rider, Valkyrie, and Havok. What were the conditions to get them originally? I noticed Mockingbird was brought back "on sale" last week, do they do that with the others? Anybody get X-23?

I notice the Iso slots for heroes is at 12, is that the highest level the heroes can gain?

I think its interesting when this is the best Marvel game out there.
- You finished SO kind of fast. I'm almost able start going after the 48-hour research task and even then, I'll probably need another 3 days of UIso collecting to finish.

- As for the lockboxes, I'd save them since there'll be a new recruitable villain once SO8 starts and the boxes carry over.

- This PVP was kind of aggravating since every character now seems to have some sort of return from the dead passive or someone will have sacrificial abilities. I kept running into Quicksilver, Emma, WC Phoenix, Captain Britain, Psylocke, and Black Widow. I ended up getting only silver level because I couldn't find a reliable team.

- All those characters you listed were SO heroes so PD has gone about releasing them again about 3-4 months after their SO ended.

- Lvl 12 is the highest level for heroes.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #890
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
- You finished SO kind of fast. I'm almost able start going after the 48-hour research task and even then, I'll probably need another 3 days of UIso collecting to finish.

- As for the lockboxes, I'd save them since there'll be a new recruitable villain once SO8 starts and the boxes carry over.

- This PVP was kind of aggravating since every character now seems to have some sort of return from the dead passive or someone will have sacrificial abilities. I kept running into Quicksilver, Emma, WC Phoenix, Captain Britain, Psylocke, and Black Widow. I ended up getting only silver level because I couldn't find a reliable team.

- All those characters you listed were SO heroes so PD has gone about releasing them again about 3-4 months after their SO ended.

I caved and used gold on some of the tasks...like the collecting distress calls, I could never get any, except the first mission when you start the game to introduce you to that..

I only ran into CB and Quicksilver a few times. My go to team was Cyclops and Phoenix though and Phoenix' Death and Rebirth helped me out a bit.

Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #891
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I caved and used gold on some of the tasks...like the collecting distress calls, I could never get any, except the first mission when you start the game to introduce you to that..

I only ran into CB and Quicksilver a few times. My go to team was Cyclops and Phoenix though and Phoenix' Death and Rebirth helped me out a bit.
Distress calls are easy to get if you have allies. You have to use some that have previously been collected so you can collect from that ally again.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #892
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Distress calls are easy to get if you have allies. You have to use some that have previously been collected so you can collect from that ally again.
Didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #893
Raiden

Quote:

From what I've heard on the MAA forum, the Magnetic lock boxes can only be used to unlock Magneto. The next lock box hero will have a new box used to unlock him or her.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #894
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
From what I've heard on the MAA forum, the Magnetic lock boxes can only be used to unlock Magneto. The next lock box hero will have a new box used to unlock him or her.
I misread what I saw about the magnetic lockboxes. The magnetic ones will probably stay available and whatever new one is released will be earned in a different way. Still going to hang on to whatever ones I have and see what happens when the next set comes out.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #895
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Just got 1000 UIso on the roulette. Probably going to finish this SO by at least tomorrow since I'm limitedby energy (not going break into all my energy packs too much.) Hopefully now I can get some of the 40th Century Man weapons.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #896
Bim
Side-Kick

Nice! I only got 20 today, but i'm hoping to hit 1000 at some point *crosses fingers*

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #897
Raiden

Quote:
Just got 1000 UIso on the roulette. Probably going to finish this SO by at least tomorrow since I'm limitedby energy (not going break into all my energy packs too much.) Hopefully now I can get some of the 40th Century Man weapons.
Congrats! I wish I can get 1000 U-Iso too but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

Btw, I just found out that there's a bug with Spec Ops 7's task 17, where you must team up Pym with Iron Man. It can be done outside Spec Ops with Iron Man and Hawkeye and once you finished the battle it will count toward task 17. I just tested it and it works, so do it while they still haven't patch it up yet.

Last edited by Raiden; 03-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #898
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Oh, that's interesting...but I'm still on the research thing. 23 hours to go.
I hate this research tasks. Way too many UISO spent and way too long to finish.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #899
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Congrats! I wish I can get 1000 U-Iso too but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

Btw, I just found out that there's a bug with Spec Ops 7's task 17, where you must team up Pym with Iron Man. It can be done outside Spec Ops with Iron Man and Hawkeye and once you finished the battle it will count toward task 17. I just tested it and it works, so do it while they still haven't patch it up yet.
That's interesting. I actually followed the task at its word but it's not like it's that big of a difference. There's another error in the task list. On task 21, it says "collect 10 UIso," but you actually have to collect 20.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #900
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Nice! I only got 20 today, but i'm hoping to hit 1000 at some point *crosses fingers*
I'm hoping to hit some of the SO weapons. I've yet to get any so far on the roulette or on one of the 7 SO mission runs I've done.

Closed Thread