Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #76
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Sounds like Cap is superior to WM since he can protect Hulk better with his Shield Guard, which will be his main purpose so Hulk can continue his rampage. Do you think it's worthwhile to get his Avengers Tact costume?

Sounds great!
If you have enough CP to get his Avengers Tact suit, then yes. Very useful since coordinated attack triggers quite a bit for me in PVP and have helped defeat opponents when I'm down quite a bit of health.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #77
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I am contemplating switching out IM for Cap but IM's Unibeam almost one-hit kills tanks
Using both would actually make a good combo but depending on which suit you have for IM and who else you plan on using, it probably wouldn't be that bad of a switch. I like having Cap with one of my heavy-hitting blasters since the other team always seem to have a powerful Tactician that could easily take them out if not for Cap's Shield Guard.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #78
roach
I am the night

I use Hulk, IM and my character in a scrapper trench

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #79
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
If you have enough CP to get his Avengers Tact suit, then yes. Very useful since coordinated attack triggers quite a bit for me in PVP and have helped defeat opponents when I'm down quite a bit of health.
That's great. I only have enough CP for one Avengers costume and I think I'll buy it for Cap.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #80
zenith16
Side-Kick

the same works well with widow(when I'm not using spidey) too. I've been winning that since I bought that version of her. I usually use 2 infiltrators and a Tact cyclops. and no matter who I fight 99% I win or I give them a run for their money. it also helps to take down the most dangerous character the other side has fast too. especially if they have a healing ability to give out their other team mates like iron fist does or the possible agent. other then that always take down the most dangerous one on the other side regardless.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #81
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
the same works well with widow(when I'm not using spidey) too. I've been winning that since I bought that version of her. I usually use 2 infiltrators and a Tact cyclops. and no matter who I fight 99% I win or I give them a run for their money. it also helps to take down the most dangerous character the other side has fast too. especially if they have a healing ability to give out their other team mates like iron fist does or the possible agent. other then that always take down the most dangerous one on the other side regardless.
Usually the most dangerous characters for the opponent is their own agent and either the scrapper/infiltrator they have. I've found that the hardest heroes to take down on an opposing team are Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Kitty Pryde.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #82
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Usually the most dangerous characters for the opponent is their own agent and either the scrapper/infiltrator they have. I've found that the hardest heroes to take down on an opposing team are Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Kitty Pryde.
Since I passed Iron Fist for She Hulk (a decision that I regret now), I've been thinking about whether to buy a Scrapper instead of having my agent wear Scrapper outfit when I need one. If I buy one, should I get Iron Fist or Luke Cage?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #83
roach
I am the night

Iron Fist is better than Cage

I have all but Kitty now

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #84
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Right now I'm farming Elektra for CP, although it is a very arduous process. I'm hoping to get enough CP within a week so I can buy Hulk's Scrapper Avengers costume. I was going to get Bruiser, but since I'm going to use it in PVP, I heard there are way too many Blasters so Scrapper is probably a safer choice. Besides, he can deal with Spider-Man which seems to be extremely popular.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #85
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right now I'm farming Elektra for CP, although it is a very arduous process. I'm hoping to get enough CP within a week so I can buy Hulk's Scrapper Avengers costume. I was going to get Bruiser, but since I'm going to use it in PVP, I heard there are way too many Blasters so Scrapper is probably a safer choice. Besides, he can deal with Spider-Man which seems to be extremely popular.
I broke down and settled for Hulk's Avenger Bruiser costume because I needed to finally get Black Cat to do the epic boss in 7-3. Probably would have been easier farming CP had I gotten her earlier. I think the next scrapper I get will be either Spider Woman or Luke Cage.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #86
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Damn..Its goona be too hard to get MockingBird

Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
I broke down and settled for Hulk's Avenger Bruiser costume because I needed to finally get Black Cat to do the epic boss in 7-3. Probably would have been easier farming CP had I gotten her earlier. I think the next scrapper I get will be either Spider Woman or Luke Cage.
I've read threads at the Playdom forum where they argued that Cap makes a poor partner for Hulk in PVP because Hulk needs to be hit to Hulk up, but with Cap's Shield Guard it'd be hard for him to be targeted by enemies. If I get Scrapper Hulk I'll pair him up with IM or Thor (Blaster) instead.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #88
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've read threads at the Playdom forum where they argued that Cap makes a poor partner for Hulk in PVP because Hulk needs to be hit to Hulk up, but with Cap's Shield Guard it'd be hard for him to be targeted by enemies. If I get Scrapper Hulk I'll pair him up with IM or Thor (Blaster) instead.
I don't really plan on using Hulk in PVP since bruisers plain suck there with all the blasters there and limited number of scrappers.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #89
roach
I am the night

yeah but Hulk can take out a whole team by himself

Old 05-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #90
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
I don't really plan on using Hulk in PVP since bruisers plain suck there with all the blasters there and limited number of scrappers.
But Spider-Man is popular in PvP and a Scrapper Hulk can counter him. Besides, if people don't use Bruiser b/c they are afraid of Blasters, it will help him a lot.

Last edited by Raiden; 05-20-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #91
roach
I am the night

i've decided to stop going after mockingbird and save up on the green stuff in case Black Panther or Namor are one of the other characters

Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #92
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
i've decided to stop going after mockingbird and save up on the green stuff in case Black Panther or Namor are one of the other characters
Yeah, I've tried but I just can't get pass those Special Ops missions. I don't mind not getting Mockingbird, even though her special abilities intrigue me, but if they do have BP later on I'm going to try to get him any way I can. I do hope those characters will be available for purchase with CP later on, even if they are the inferior version of the ones introduced like Mockingbird did.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #93
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
IIRC, I think the unstable ISO-8 for the current Spec Ops expires after this round so you have to get a whole new set once the new mission starts.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #94
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
IIRC, I think the unstable ISO-8 for the current Spec Ops expires after this round so you have to get a whole new set once the new mission starts.
Really? That would suck, then.

So, what do you think about my idea for a Scrapper Hulk to avoid all the Blasters in PVP and to meta against Spider-Man?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #95
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really? That would suck, then.

So, what do you think about my idea for a Scrapper Hulk to avoid all the Blasters in PVP and to meta against Spider-Man?
It's not a bad idea and kind of one I wish I had gone with instead of going with his Bruiser one. I needed to get Black Cat to open up the epic boss in 7-3 so thought I had to get the Hulk Bruiser. I've finished that mission (took only about 6 days) and then got enough CP to also buy Luke Cage and Dr. Strange. I probably should have saved up my CP more and gotten Scapper Hulk.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #96
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
It's not a bad idea and kind of one I wish I had gone with instead of going with his Bruiser one. I needed to get Black Cat to open up the epic boss in 7-3 so thought I had to get the Hulk Bruiser. I've finished that mission (took only about 6 days) and then got enough CP to also buy Luke Cage and Dr. Strange. I probably should have saved up my CP more and gotten Scapper Hulk.
Well, don't we still have 5 more days before the Avengers costume for Hulk to expire? Maybe if you farm CP now, you'll have enough before the deadline.

Btw, I just got news from Marvel's Facebook page that they'll soon release Coulson's Revenge and Shawarma in the game. It appears that Coulson's Revenge is a gun (which he used from the movie), and it has to be unlocked, while Shawarma is a boost that restores health and stamina to an ally. I hope Coulson's Revenge won't be a gold-only weapon, although that seems very likely.

Here's a link with pics of these two new items.

Last edited by Raiden; 05-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #97
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, don't we still have 5 more days before the Avengers costume for Hulk to expire? Maybe if you farm CP now, you'll have enough before the deadline.

Btw, I just got news from Marvel's Facebook page that they'll soon release Coulson's Revenge and Shawarma in the game. It appears that Coulson's Revenge is a gun (which he used from the movie), and it has to be unlocked, while Shawarma is a boost that restores health and stamina to an ally. I hope Coulson's Revenge won't be a gold-only weapon, although that seems very likely.

Here's a link with pics of these two new items.
I only have 10 CP left so there's really no way I'll get 60+ CP in that period of time. To get as many as I did, I really had to bust my butt for those and got really lucky on the roulettes by hitting the 5 CP spot multiple times (5+ at least) and also getting a 10 CP spot from the epic boss in Chapter 7-3.

As for the new items, I couldn't find out how and when you can get them. I kind of bet that they'll cost gold when they do become available.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #98
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Now that the sales for gold has ended, I hope they will release the two new items because I really want to see what Coulson's Revenge will do.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #99
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

the unstable ISO-8 is a pain in the ass IMO, these guys are making almost impossible to unlock Mockingbird .

Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #100
roach
I am the night

i just unlocked Kitty so now I have them all but Mockingbird

Closed Thread