The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #101
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i just unlocked Kitty so now I have them all but Mockingbird
I still need 12 more: Colossus, Cyclops, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Kitty Prye, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Phoenis, Sif, Spider Woman, Storm, and The Thing. I would probably have all of them by now except that getting 6 of the Avenger suits took up a lot of CP that could have been used to get the entire roster of heroes.

I'm trying to figure out who to get next since I'm almost done getting all the regular missions 5-starred but need to do the premium missions. I'm thinking Human Torch and Phoenix next since I haven't unlocked their premium missions yet.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #102
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 39,573
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Colossus is a decent bruiser, Cyclops is pretty top notch...on top of his optic blast he has a tactics that improves the team stats, Human Torch's fireballs do a lot of damage, Invisible woman can shield the team, Spider-woman I use a lot because her venom blast causes continual damage, Storm I also use a lot because she can protect the team and does decent damage...Thing is rather weak compared to other bruisers

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #103
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i just unlocked Kitty so now I have them all but Mockingbird
Wow, how did you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I still need 12 more: Colossus, Cyclops, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Kitty Prye, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Phoenis, Sif, Spider Woman, Storm, and The Thing. I would probably have all of them by now except that getting 6 of the Avenger suits took up a lot of CP that could have been used to get the entire roster of heroes.

I'm trying to figure out who to get next since I'm almost done getting all the regular missions 5-starred but need to do the premium missions. I'm thinking Human Torch and Phoenix next since I haven't unlocked their premium missions yet.
Yeah, I'm trying to farm CP for Hulk's Avengers costume (Scrapper), but it pretty much takes me off my games since I can't do two missions at the same time, and at 73 CP it is incredibly expensive. I'm going back to leveling up my characters after this because it is just too time-consuming to farm, and my levels get stagnate as a result. If not for that Avengers costumes, I probably would've afforded several more characters like Storm, WM, Spider-Man, etc.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #104
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 39,573
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

I'm level 76, i play constantly, i collect gold and convert it to cp points only. I have a bunch of friends who gift me 60+ shield points daily, i don't purchase alt costumes. Because I have done all the regular levels I am now going back and five star-ing them and when I beat a boss i usually come away with points

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #105
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I'm level 76, i play constantly, i collect gold and convert it to cp points only. I have a bunch of friends who gift me 60+ shield points daily, i don't purchase alt costumes. Because I have done all the regular levels I am now going back and five star-ing them and when I beat a boss i usually come away with points
Good strategy. I felt that the Avengers costumes are so good, that's why they're worth the CP even though some of them are priced outrageously. After I get Hulk's costume, I think I'm going to stop buying any alt costumes, and just focus on buying rest of the characters I don't have, starting with WM or Storm.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #106
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

I need some help in the premium section of chapter 2. The mission with the Sentinel has frozen up on me twice and forces me to refresh the page to get anything to go again, but causes me to lose progress on that mission. I've heard other people have had problems with that mission so I'm wondering if there's a way to stop it from doing that or just skipping it so I can finish up the premium section.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #107
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 14,417
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

it's a maintenance issue it 'll be solved soon.

zenith16 is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #108
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
it's a maintenance issue it 'll be solved soon.
I finally got past it without it freezing. I was lucky that the Sentinels didn't do their pummel move since that is what caused the previous freezings.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #109
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

What do you guys think about Cap as a Bruiser? Is it viable?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #110
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,492
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
What do you guys think about Cap as a Bruiser? Is it viable?
The Avengers uniform for Cap as A Tact is much better IMO since you get a double attack against blasters. But The Bruiser also works well against Scrappers . So I ended up getting both suits and they work great.

Plus I love The Avengers Assemble coordinated attack bonus.


Last edited by The Caped Knight; 05-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #111
TheCaretaker
Side-Kick
 
TheCaretaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 416
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

So every so often my PVP matches won't work like it gives me no matches to pick when I go to it.

TheCaretaker is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #112
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
The Avengers uniform for Cap as A Tact is much better IMO since you get a double attack against blasters. But The Bruiser also works well against Scrappers . So I ended up getting both suits and they work great.

Plus I love The Avengers Assemble coordinated attack bonus.
Right now I'm still trying to farm CP as much as I can, with work and family taking up bulk of my time. If I have enough CP before the deadline, then I might get the Bruiser outfit for Cap, otherwise I'll probably skip it.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #113
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaretaker View Post
So every so often my PVP matches won't work like it gives me no matches to pick when I go to it.
It looks like they shut PVP down today so they can fix whatever other problem they are having with the game. Still seems like they don't know what's causing all the loading problems and game errors that players are constantly talking about.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #114
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Coulson's Revenge apparently has been released as a gold weapon (according to Playdom forum). Here's what I know about it thus far:

-The price seems to be varied, with reports of 42, 48, 64, 112, and 128 (gold, not CP).
-The Power is set by the Agent level when it's equipped.
-Abilities:

Avengers Assembled!
-Grants Coordinated Attack to all allies.
-Grants Cooperative Defense with one Avenger
-Grants Collaborative Effort with two Avengers
Ignore Defense
-Damage ignores enemy's Defense stat
-Attacks penetrates Shield statuses

What do you think? If it is above 100 gold I'm not gonna get it, but if it's below then I'll probably buy it, but its power level must scale with my Agent's level because its astronomical gold price won't be worth it otherwise, and gold cannot be farmed like CP can so you have to shell out money for it (unless you have a ton of gold you are saving on a rainy day).

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #115
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 39,573
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Coulson's Revenge apparently has been released as a gold weapon (according to Playdom forum). Here's what I know about it thus far:

-The price seems to be varied, with reports of 42, 48, 64, 112, and 128 (gold, not CP).
-The Power is set by the Agent level when it's equipped.
-Abilities:

Avengers Assembled!
-Grants Coordinated Attack to all allies.
-Grants Cooperative Defense with one Avenger
-Grants Collaborative Effort with two Avengers
Ignore Defense
-Damage ignores enemy's Defense stat
-Attacks penetrates Shield statuses

What do you think? If it is above 100 gold I'm not gonna get it, but if it's below then I'll probably buy it, but its power level must scale with my Agent's level because its astronomical gold price won't be worth it otherwise, and gold cannot be farmed like CP can so you have to shell out money for it (unless you have a ton of gold you are saving on a rainy day).
i just looked...its 125 gold and only available for 3 days

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #116
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i just looked...its 125 gold and only available for 3 days
If it is indeed 125 gold, then it is priced unbelievably high, and according to longtime players Playdom has nerfed gold items in the past so who knows if they will do the same against Coulson's Revenge in the future. I doubt any player has 125 gold in their account without purchasing gold, either. I think I'll wait a couple of days and see if the price drops, otherwise I may not get it after all.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #117
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

It was priced at 64 when I first saw it this morning but then it went up to the 125 price when I came back about 4 hours later. Looks like something else that I won't be getting.

Also, did anyone noticed that they nerfed Cap's Shield Guard ability? It has a cooldown period of 2 turns instead of being able to constantly use it. I only noticed once I got into PVP and couldn't use it on consecutive turns. Makes my PVP battles not so easy anymore.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #118
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It was priced at 64 when I first saw it this morning but then it went up to the 125 price when I came back about 4 hours later. Looks like something else that I won't be getting.

Also, did anyone noticed that they nerfed Cap's Shield Guard ability? It has a cooldown period of 2 turns instead of being able to constantly use it. I only noticed once I got into PVP and couldn't use it on consecutive turns. Makes my PVP battles not so easy anymore.
I guess all the whiners on the forum got their wish to nerf Shield Guard. Dammit, I'm so close to getting Cap to level 9 as well. Now the ability isn't as good as before.

Btw, I wonder why happened to people who purchased Coulson's Revenge at 64 gold? Would they get to keep the weapon or would Playdom deems it invalid after they reset the price? Personally, I think setting it at 125 gold is just nuts, and it's not like it will automatically win you the match if your Agent has it. Those devs over at Playdom must've been smoking when they set the price.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

Last edited by Raiden; 05-31-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #119
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I guess all the whiners on the forum got their wish to nerf Shield Guard. Dammit, I'm so close to getting Cap to level 9 as well. Now the ability isn't as good as before.

Btw, I wonder why happened to people who purchased Coulson's Revenge at 64 gold? Would they get to keep the weapon or would Playdom deems it invalid after they reset the price? Personally, I think setting it at 125 gold is just nuts, and it's not like it will automatically win you the match if your Agent has it. Those devs over at Playdom must've been smoking when they set the price.
They set it at that price and made the stats really good so that it'll tempt/make people go and buy gold with actual money. I noticed that they also brought back the Avengers movie suits for the next 3 days so just another thing for people to go spend money on.

Sidenote, is anyone else having their game use a different language than usual? I just logged on and it's all in German, not English. Seems about right since Playdom always screws the game up after their daily bugs/issues.


Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 05-31-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #120
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
They set it at that price and made the stats really good so that it'll tempt/make people go and buy gold with actual money. I noticed that they also brought back the Avengers movie suits for the next 3 days so just another thing for people to go spend money on.

Sidenote, is anyone else having their game use a different language than usual? I just logged on and it's all in German, not English. Seems about right since Playdom always screws the game up after their daily bugs/issues.
Really? I have to go check it out tonight, because I passed on some of the costumes and I kind of regret it afterward.

Btw, I just don't understand the varied pricing of Coulson's Revenge at all. Some people reported that they got it for 48g, others for 64g, and many more said it was 128g. I guess it means that if you saw it for 48g, you must buy it immediately before the game decides to raise the price on your next refresh, then.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #121
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Really? I have to go check it out tonight, because I passed on some of the costumes and I kind of regret it afterward.

Btw, I just don't understand the varied pricing of Coulson's Revenge at all. Some people reported that they got it for 48g, others for 64g, and many more said it was 128g. I guess it means that if you saw it for 48g, you must buy it immediately before the game decides to raise the price on your next refresh, then.
I'm not even going to try for it since it basically involves me spending about $30 to get enough gold for it, which I don't care to do. I think I'll try to possibly get another Avengers suit since I have 26 right now and could easily get enough with how CP have been dropping lately.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #122
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I'm not even going to try for it since it basically involves me spending about $30 to get enough gold for it, which I don't care to do. I think I'll try to possibly get another Avengers suit since I have 26 right now and could easily get enough with how CP have been dropping lately.
After playing with the Avengers costumes, I think they're worth the CP I spent it on, unless they decided to nerf the proc rate on those costumes a few months from now.

I'm reading the Playdom forum, and it is rather outrageous how Coulson's Revenge sets an arbitrary price for everyone, and the price seems to be random. Some player has an Agent at level 22 but had CR priced at 112g, while another has a level 100+ Agent and yet had CR for only 48g. And some people reported seeing an Agent in PVP using a CR with a power level of 200+. I'm wondering if they even beta test it at all before they release it to the public.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #123
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
After playing with the Avengers costumes, I think they're worth the CP I spent it on, unless they decided to nerf the proc rate on those costumes a few months from now.

I'm reading the Playdom forum, and it is rather outrageous how Coulson's Revenge sets an arbitrary price for everyone, and the price seems to be random. Some player has an Agent at level 22 but had CR priced at 112g, while another has a level 100+ Agent and yet had CR for only 48g. And some people reported seeing an Agent in PVP using a CR with a power level of 200+. I'm wondering if they even beta test it at all before they release it to the public.
They probably didn't beta test it and will just nerf it as more complaints come in after certain players run roughshod over the entire game.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #124
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 14,417
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If it is indeed 125 gold, then it is priced unbelievably high, and according to longtime players Playdom has nerfed gold items in the past so who knows if they will do the same against Coulson's Revenge in the future. I doubt any player has 125 gold in their account without purchasing gold, either. I think I'll wait a couple of days and see if the price drops, otherwise I may not get it after all.
it was 112 for me where I'm at . and tht's kinda menessed up. I just bought it with out hesitation though. its awesome it takes have the life of my opponents sofar. so it's kinda worth it. but it always best to start off with it if you want the winning edge. oh and you can go ahead that get your revenge on those that have been beating you when you not playing pvp too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
They probably didn't beta test it and will just nerf it as more complaints come in after certain players run roughshod over the entire game.
yup it'll mostly be those one's I got revenge on. those are the ones doing that complaining. I noticed that they won't allow me to use my inventory case in pvp and I'm sure that had to do with complaints from those that were trying to step all over others in pvp cause it's a go to for other players that are lower in level stand up to those high in level to last longer and have a more even chance.and don't bother saying there on their forum it's unlikely any of those actually doing that for that reason will admit to that.


Last edited by zenith16; 06-01-2012 at 12:57 AM.
zenith16 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #125
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,474
Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Well, I gave in and brought Coulson's Revenge, because at 64g it was a bit high (I was hoping for 48g) but within reasonable price range. Unfortunately, due to my Agent's level its PL isn't very high, but I guess I'll still keep it around even after he surpasses its level because CR has very useful abilities, and it is essentially an Avenger outfit for the Agent.

Now that the Avengers costumes are back for 3 days, I'm deciding what outfits to get. I'm leaning toward Hulk's Scrapper, because I didn't buy it last time. But I'm also thinking about Iron Man's Tactician and Hawkeye's Infiltrator costumes. Any suggestions?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.