The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #51
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Richard Schiff is Professor Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Yes, but he created Galatea, not Powergirl, who is a clone of Supergirl and has a similar outfit to PG. You might also remember Hamilton as an ally of Superman from the animated series. In one episode he created a portal to a parallel Earth that Lois got sucked through, and worked with Superman to bring her back. And in another, he helped Superman to repair the phantom zone projector to send Jax-Ur and Mala back to the PZ.
This could be important, let's not forget Jax-Ur and Mala were pretty much Zod and Faora of the DCAU.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #52
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I guess there aren't as many TAS fans as I thought. I'm super excited at the casting choice, and the simple fact that this character is included. It will be an excellent way to provide exposition to the film in regards to Superman's power/possibly Krpytonians in general.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #53
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm so happy that Hamilton is going to be in the new film, I hope he's like he is in STAS (which in my opinion is the definitive version of Superman and his world).

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #54
ReTrO JuNkIe 42
Side-Kick

Loved TAS and his character in the show , hope he’s close to the way played him there

You can't teach greatness, only inspire it
ReTrO JuNkIe 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Is his role even going to be that big?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #56
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Could be, could not.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #57
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I have a feeling it won't be since the casting is late compared to others.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #58
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
What do you mean?
I meant as far helping superman and helping him defeat some of his villains....like how he was in stas

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #59
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

It would be great if Superman discovers more about his powers/Krypton through Hamilton. It is a more entertaining way to provide some exposition to the viewer as well imo.

Quoted by sjcdcs....this is what I really meant Show

Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #60
Superhero 101
DESI

just read about Schiff as Hamilton Good casting choice.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #61
samsnee
Side-Kick

Can we assume that since the casting has been so late into the production that it's not that big of a role? I'm getting a "Amanda Waller in Green Lantern" vibe.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #62
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

It is not late, shooting for MOS will go on till April, that is enough time, and the movie itself is due after one and half years.

I liked STAS, they got many things right, I have only one issue with that series - they made reduced the power levels of Superman other than that it was a good series overall.

Superman should be at Justice League Unlimited series power level.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 01-10-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #63
Sam
Im Always Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
It is not late, shooting for MOS will go on till April, that is enough time, and the movie itself is due after one and half years.
April? Really? Last time i read about this subject, were saying about early February.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #64
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I am a huge west wing fan and am happy to see the characters in anything. Still watching West Wing, Richard would be a great perry white personailty wise.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #65
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

gotta say.....not bad, not bad at all, I wonder if he's gonna have his robotic arm like in the comics

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #66
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I don't really see them following his exact arc. At best, it will probably be something like the STAS version, with the biggest development possibly being him losing trust in Superman for some reason, but nothing as big as getting a cybernetic arm and his own supervillain name.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #67
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I hope is protrayed just like he was in stas...I think that's the perfect way to go....wasn't he in Allstar superman the dc animated movie as well?..don't remember

Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #68
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

He wasn't. Dr. Leo Quintum sort of took his place as Superman's go-to guy for scientific problems. He's the head of P.R.O.J.E.C.T., All-Star's version of Project Cadmus.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #69
Rusty Mcgoofy
Side-Kick

A few great ´´TV`` actors so far in MOS. Meloni, Lennix, Schiff, Richings (playing a Kryptonian). The cast just keeps getting better and better.

And this is great news. I hope Hamilton is handled closer to his STAS counterpart than some comic versions I've read. Though I suspect his role will be pretty small, perhaps if sequels are made he'll be a regular? Here's hoping!

Rusty Mcgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #70
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
He wasn't. Dr. Leo Quintum sort of took his place as Superman's go-to guy for scientific problems. He's the head of P.R.O.J.E.C.T., All-Star's version of Project Cadmus.
Oh Alright....thanks lead..that character reminded me of professor Hamilton

Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #71
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mcgoofy View Post
A few great ´´TV`` actors so far in MOS. Meloni, Lennix, Schiff, Richings (playing a Kryptonian). The cast just keeps getting better and better.

And this is great news. I hope Hamilton is handled closer to his STAS counterpart than some comic versions I've read. Though I suspect his role will be pretty small, perhaps if sequels are made he'll be a regular? Here's hoping!
Yea me to Rusty, that's why I'm so excited...Schiff is a pretty funny guy to, so I would imagine there could be some funny scenes between him and Cavill if decide to

Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #72
Rusty Mcgoofy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea me to Rusty, that's why I'm so excited...Schiff is a pretty funny guy to, so I would imagine there could be some funny scenes between him and Cavill if decide to
Im sure there will be some ´´comic relief`` type scenes between some characters in MOS, like in Batman Begins between Wayne and Fox for example. Hell, even TDK tried to squeeze a funny line or two in there (though they forgot to make Joker actually...ya know...joke ) so I imagine MOS will have a few too. Usually Jimmy Olsen provides that in the comics but I can imagine a funny line or two between Hamilton and Supes as well, if they interact in the movie at all of course. I doubt we'll know that until the actual movie is out.

Rusty Mcgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #73
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Based on what I know about Hamilton, and basic guessing whats going on in the movie. Heres my prediction

I reckon the Goverment will have noticed that an Alien spaceship is arriving to Earth, in the middle of a meteor shower. Surely they must since its nowadays right?

Like Earth One, the Kent's happen upon the ship and rescue baby Kal-El, but DONT manage to take the ship, which ends up in Goverment custordy.

I reckon Hamilton will be asked to study the ship. The years go by, and Clark grows, and Hamilton finally manages to crack the ship open. He is learns everything about Krypton etc, and I reckon Clark will be able to hear the ship and goes to where it is. The Goverment also get wind of this and want Hamilton to find a way to destroy Superman, but he's already an ally.

And I reckon Hamilton will be cause of Zod and Faora's arrival on Earth. And obviously, I reckon, he will be the factor of why SUPERMAN DOESN'T KILL HIS ENEMIES, by creating the Phantom Zone device.

Just guessing

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #74
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

This is some really cool news. Admittedly, I'm not all that familiar with the character (and I have read a lot of Superman comics) but I like that they are digging deeper into the mythos and including characters we haven't seen on the big screen before. Schiff is a great actor too.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #75
Kurosawa
Banned User

Meh, Post-Crisis character and a regular from the unimpressive TAS, but not offensive. Guess this is okay.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote