The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #126
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Richard Schiff is Professor Hamilton

nvm

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 06-22-2013 at 07:08 AM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #127
br0adband
Side-Kick

It just kills me when I hear or see people refer to this character as Toby Ziegler, and I'm a pretty hardcore fan of The West Wing (come on Blu-ray!!!). I was listening to the Empire podcast a few days ago and the woman featured in the podcast just referred to the Dr. Hamilton character as Toby Ziegler every freakin' time she opened her mouth and it just seems a bit ignorant and childish to do that.

Might be just me but I mean really, these actors put a lot of time and effort into the roles they're chosen for, at least give them the respect of talking to them or about them for the role you're discussing. They sidetrack so often in these types of podcast reviews it's not even funny, but I understand that's what happens since they're not really restricted in most ways that you'd find in actual TV or media presentation.

Even so, I bet Richard Schiff gets a bit irked every time this happens, and I'm certain he gets called Toby Ziegler far more than he'd like.

Reminds me of the SNL episode many years ago with William Shatner where he's attending the Star Trek convention and he just crosses that threshold and lets it all out with that brilliant "GET A LIFE, PEOPLE!!!" outburst.

br0adband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #128
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

i still can't believe that Hamilton is dead, he was great on the animated series. WTF. Any chance him and Colonel Nathan Hardy are in the phantom zone and Superman will rescue them in the sequal?????????

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #129
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
i still can't believe that Hamilton is dead, he was great on the animated series. WTF. Any chance him and Colonel Nathan Hardy are in the phantom zone and Superman will rescue them in the sequal?????????

They were killed in the plane crash, so they wouldn't have made it to the PZ.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #130
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought Hardy and Hamilton ended up in the Phantom Zone.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #131
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I thought Hardy and Hamilton ended up in the Phantom Zone.
That's what I thought as well, but I remember seeing their airplane explode when it crashed into Black Zero, before the portal to the PZ opened up.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #132
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Hardy for sure died..... But Hamilton may have came through...if not that is f'ed up. Its weird.... Alot of people died and superman and Lois still had time to make out right after.... No remorse... That is another huge problem for me.

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #133
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Yea I know....I always thought they died but then watching the many times I did, I noticed that most of them got sucked in....only hardy was the only one without a doubt died, epeciallly after that line....would be kind of silly if he survived and he's sitting around like "oh damn..I'm alive....why'd I use that line?"

Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #134
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Hardy for sure died..... But Hamilton may have came through...if not that is f'ed up. Its weird.... Alot of people died and superman and Lois still had time to make out right after.... No remorse... That is another huge problem for me.
because they don't show it doesn't mean that there's no remorse.. in the sequel could explode that.. the kiss scene was brilliant they couldn't handle it anymore
WHY SHOWING REMORSE SO SOON? I THINK HE SHOULD BE PROUD THAT HE DID SAVE THE MAJORITY OF METROPOLIS AND THE WORLD DESTROYING THE WORLD ENGINE... see the possitive things....

Last edited by John-An; 07-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #135
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

If Hamilton/Hardy are in the phantom Zone, the kryptonians have outnumbered them and will attack. Unless they are "frozen" to which I say, Justice League

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #136
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I was shocked to see Hamilton die, especially since he has a large role in the comics, hell he becomes the villain Ruin eventually. I thought they would definately keep him alive.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #137
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea I know....I always thought they died but then watching the many times I did, I noticed that most of them got sucked in....only hardy was the only one without a doubt died, epeciallly after that line....would be kind of silly if he survived and he's sitting around like "oh damn..I'm alive....why'd I use that line?"
The plane was sucked into the PZ along with the Black Zero.

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #138
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
The plane was sucked into the PZ along with the Black Zero.
I'm pretty sure Hammilton survived and maybe at the beginning they are going to enter to the phantom zone like the dark knight beginning connection to batman begins....

Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #139
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Guys, if you watch it again, you'll see the plane clearly exploded before it got sucked into the PZ.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #140
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
I'm pretty sure Hammilton survived and maybe at the beginning they are going to enter to the phantom zone like the dark knight beginning connection to batman begins....
Yeah I kind of feel that both Hamilton and Hardy potentially could return for MOS2 perhaps because they were in proximity to baby Kal El's ship? Jor El may have told Lois how to use the ship to return if they were pulled in.Who knows, it's SciFi they can make up any crap they want to explain anything away lol! Maybe Superman ... the Alien...Superman that's what they're calling him;-) can use the crashed FOS ship to get them back??

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 07-14-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #141
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Guys, if you watch it again, you'll see the plane clearly exploded before it got sucked into the PZ.
You might be right but the tail is clearly intact as iits sucked into the PZ. Hamilton was near the plane's midsection.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #142
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
Yeah I kind of feel that both Hamilton and Hardy potentially could return for MOS2 perhaps because they were in proximity to baby Kal El's ship? Jor El may have told Lois how to use the ship to return if they were pulled in.Who knows, it's SciFi they can make up any crap they want to explain anything away lol! Maybe Superman ... the Alien...Superman that's what they're calling him;-) can use the crashed FOS ship to get them back??
YEAH im pretty sure of their return... the way if it fits.. should awesome...

Old 07-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #143
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel

Actually, if you look closely, you can see the rear end of the plane did not get destroyed when all the Kryptonians are getting sucked in. There's a chance Hamilton survived, if he didn't get splattered against the wall by the impact.

IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #144
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Are we assuming that there is oxygen in the Phantom Zone?

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote