The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Should Cavill's Superman costume include the Red Trunks?
The Trunks stay! 101 48.10%
The Trunks gotta go! 48 22.86%
I don't care if the Trunks stay or go! 61 29.05%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #76
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
From some angles he does look fine....which is most. But especially with the suit...his head is proportionally on the large side, but not a deal-killer.

Dude, you have to remember that that is a Manip you posted in reference to the large head, the majority of the Pics of Cavill that are popping up are Manips, you can't base his head size (in costume) on these manips. All they are is the head being pasted on the costume, no one said they are true to proportion.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #77
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
From some angles he does look fine....which is most. But especially with the suit...his head is proportionally on the large side, but not a deal-killer.
So, we are discussing Cavill's head size now?

Large head = intelligent!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #78
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

His heads too big! His package is too big! Those muscles are too big too be real!

He's Superman, not littleman

Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #79
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Dude, you have to remember that that is a Manip you posted in reference to the large head, the majority of the Pics of Cavill that are popping up are Manips, you can't base his head size (in costume) on these manips. All they are is the head being pasted on the costume, no one said they are true to proportion.

Also a manip?

His head is a teensy bit on the arge size. Just a little digital shrinkage when he's Supes will go a long way.

Put it this way, he looks naturally taller as Clark than he does as Superman.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 01-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #80
Kalonthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
So, we are discussing Cavill's head size now?

Or lots of empty space .

Old 01-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #81
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

This ^^^ is not a manip. If anything Cavill has a smaller than average size skull, which makes his perceived stature seem larger on screen.

Most of the photos floating around are manips, so they will have some proportions different from what we will see in the film.

I don’t think we need to worry about him seeming like he has big head small body syndrome.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #82
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

That's what I said...he looks taller as Clark than as Supes. So just for when he's in the suit.

Just a tad.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #83
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:

I have seen no evidence of this. Discounting people with disabilities, the dumbest "normal" person I even knew had a huge gourd.

There is very little, if any, relationship with head size and intelligence with people who fit into the normal spectrum of skull size.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #84
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's what I said...he looks taller as Clark than as Supes. So just for when he's in the suit.

Just a tad.
The suit makes him look wider, but he will still look plenty tall and imposing compared to normal humans in the movie, as Snyder has a thing for making his heroes look as heroic as possible.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #85
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
The suit makes him look wider, but he will still look plenty tall and imposing compared to normal humans in the movie, as Snyder has a thing for making his heroes look as heroic as possible.
He could still use a slightly smaller head in proportion. Just a click.

To be fair, Bale is even worse in this regard, but they've luckily kept him slim in the last two movies. Helps him look taller overall.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #86
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mcgoofy View Post
Far from it. But body type was not the main problem with Routh anyway. His total lack of charisma and on screen presence, coupled with his very very poor acting skills and a too ´´clean-boyish`` (he didn't and still doesn't look much like a MAN) was what made him the worst Superman ever to appear in live action. Thankfully that's all behind us now.
Meh... Opinions differ. I don't agree with you (obviously). Maybe perfect is not the right word, but perfect enough for me and for Superman. I never said Cavill was bad; he good looking, in tip-top shape, and he has the all-American face (which is kind of what I don't like about him, it's nothing really special). I won't judge the film until I've seen it, but I don't like the suit (at all, as I've made very clear before) and I certainly don't like Amy Adams as Lois. Talk about miscasting (in my opinion, that is).

I thought Brandon Routh was a good Superman, but a great Clark. Maybe he was still a bit wet behind the ears in 2006. I think he could've done it much better this time around. We'll never know what it could have been, unfortunately. But to say he was the worst Superman that's a bit over the top, don't you think?

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #87
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaratoiel View Post
Meh... Opinions differ. I don't agree with you (obviously). Maybe perfect is not the right word, but perfect enough for me and for Superman. I never said Cavill was bad; he good looking, in tip-top shape, and he has the all-American face (which is kind of what I don't like about him, it's nothing really special). I won't judge the film until I've seen it, but I don't like the suit (at all, as I've made very clear before) and I certainly don't like Amy Adams as Lois. Talk about miscasting (in my opinion, that is).

I thought Brandon Routh was a good Superman, but a great Clark. Maybe he was still a bit wet behind the ears in 2006. I think he could've done it much better this time around. We'll never know what it could have been, unfortunately. But to say he was the worst Superman that's a bit over the top, don't you think?
Well...put it this way, he and Cain are probably fighting for a spot.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #88
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mcgoofy View Post
Far from it. But body type was not the main problem with Routh anyway. His total lack of charisma and on screen presence, coupled with his very very poor acting skills and a too ´´clean-boyish`` (he didn't and still doesn't look much like a MAN) was what made him the worst Superman ever to appear in live action. Thankfully that's all behind us now.

You took the words out my mouth, SPOT ON! If I didn't see your name I would have thought I typed this!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #89
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:

I have seen no evidence of this. Discounting people with disabilities, the dumbest "normal" person I even knew had a huge gourd.

There is very little, if any, relationship with head size and intelligence with people who fit into the normal spectrum of skull size.
There is enough evidence that shows the correlation. In general people with bigger heads are smarter. It's not a natural law but the tendency is there and it is not a weak one!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/se...esearch.health

Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #90
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
There is enough evidence that shows the correlation. In general people with bigger heads are smarter. It's not a natural law but the tendency is there and it is not a weak one!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/se...esearch.health

Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #91
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

On the head size thing.....Ok, I think maybe some are letting what they see on the comic book page color reality a bit. Thing is it's standard practice for Comic book artists to deliberately draw the heroes heads a little smaller than a more proportionately accurate drawing would be (the average male height is about 6.5 heads tall, whereas in comic art they will be often be drawn at over 8).

Simple reason is the make them look less dumpy or stocky for the books. With that in mind Cavill's head is no bigger or smaller than is normal (if anything I'd say his height is more than the 6.5 average)

Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #92
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

Quote:
Well...put it this way, he and Cain are probably fighting for a spot.
Come on... Cain was way worse. I mean, I enjoyed Lois & Clark back in the days, but he was such a bad Superman. No way Routh comes even close to being as bad as Cain...

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #93
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
On the head size thing.....Ok, I think maybe some are letting what they see on the comic book page color reality a bit. Thing is it's standard practice for Comic book artists to deliberately draw the heroes heads a little smaller than a more proportionately accurate drawing would be (the average male height is about 6.5 heads tall, whereas in comic art they will be often be drawn at over 8).

Simple reason is the make them look less dumpy or stocky for the books. With that in mind Cavill's head is no bigger or smaller than is normal (if anything I'd say his height is more than the 6.5 average)
Yeah, looking at the pictures, where there is nothing for scale, If I did not know better I could easily believe he was a lot taller than 6'1".

Especially next to this guy, who is in a lot of pictures with him (who is he?)

Old 01-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #94
batman44
Go Speed GO

I dunno, but his face kinda reminds me of the actor who played Sam in Lord of the Rings.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #95
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaratoiel View Post
Come on... Cain was way worse. I mean, I enjoyed Lois & Clark back in the days, but he was such a bad Superman. No way Routh comes even close to being as bad as Cain...
He's not exactly head and shoulders better either. Less his fault than the story itself, even though skill-wise, Cain is probably a better actor than Routh.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #96
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
I dunno, but his face kinda reminds me of the actor who played Sam in Lord of the Rings.
Really?

Sean Astin:

Henry Cavill:

Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #97
batman44
Go Speed GO

Not Cavill, the guy walking next to him.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #98
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Especially next to this guy, who is in a lot of pictures with him (who is he?)
I think he works for Short Comparison Guy So You'll Look Taller, Inc.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #99
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Is this reality right now. Supermans head?

Oh bother.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #100
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Is this reality right now. Supermans head?

Oh bother.
I think it's "heads".

Closed Thread