SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Default Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Part 1

I'm up to the part where you have to get on the cargo plane.

The prior chapters had some really frustrating gun fights. The second phase in the ship's theater was especially annoying since I had such low ammo at the checkpoint and had to take out the guys on the balcony quickly. After playing Arkham City, I really hate the hand-to-hand in this. I wish it was more like UC2 where 3 hits with Square takes most guys out.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Part 2

I've just been rewatching season 1 of Rome and got a funny little surprise when Lucius Verenus gives a backhanded slap to a very rough looking Charlie Cutter :P

Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I'm up to the part where you have to get on the cargo plane.

The prior chapters had some really frustrating gun fights. The second phase in the ship's theater was especially annoying since I had such low ammo at the checkpoint and had to take out the guys on the balcony quickly. After playing Arkham City, I really hate the hand-to-hand in this. I wish it was more like UC2 where 3 hits with Square takes most guys out.

This game has some of THE most frustrating firefights iv ever seen. It gets worse once you get to the desert.

Im replaying it now, on Very Easy and it seems to be a lot more enjoyable because the firefights aren't so gotdamn ridiculous.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

It's like they went back to how it was in UC1 where guys just absorbed bullets like they were nothing. At least they aren't break-dance dodging like in that game. I would decrease the difficulty but I want to unlock Hard.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Actually, I thought U3 was the easiest of the series in that aspect, even on the hardest difficulty.
That section on the ship was hard, though. I died quite a few times before I got done with that.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
It's like they went back to how it was in UC1 where guys just absorbed bullets like they were nothing. At least they aren't break-dance dodging like in that game. I would decrease the difficulty but I want to unlock Hard.
Yea i unlocked Hard my first go round, not sure ill ever actually play that mode tho, no way it can be any fun with the wildly fluctuating difficulty this game throws at ya.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

You were right about the desert. This isn't a bad game but the spike in difficulty really pisses me off. The part where you have to destroy the trucks was so ****ing annoying. I could get one but when I moved to the other side to go towards the other RPG, the guy with the grenade launcher kept shooting them so that they'd stop right between my feet. I mean, give me a ****ing break. And there are times where 2 guys throw grenades at nearly the exact same time. And both I have to press Triangle to throw back before they even land.

The caravan chase on the horse was awesome, but this second half is just more frustrating than fun. I really hated the tripped out parts, too. Uncharted 2 was much, much better.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
You were right about the desert. This isn't a bad game but the spike in difficulty really pisses me off. The part where you have to destroy the trucks was so ****ing annoying. I could get one but when I moved to the other side to go towards the other RPG, the guy with the grenade launcher kept shooting them so that they'd stop right between my feet. I mean, give me a ****ing break. And there are times where 2 guys throw grenades at nearly the exact same time. And both I have to press Triangle to throw back before they even land.

The caravan chase on the horse was awesome, but this second half is just more frustrating than fun. I really hated the tripped out parts, too. Uncharted 2 was much, much better.

Yea man, i agree 110% I wanted to like this better than Among Thieves, but the horrible difficulty spikes kept that from happening, along with the noticeably shorter campaign(mp IS to blame). Not once, in all my time spent with this series did i ever not have fun, until that section of Drakes Deception. It stopped being any kind of fun and just became frustrating.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
Havok83
Side-Kick

This game didnt have a shorter campaign. It was on par with UC2.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I don't really like the story in this. I feel like you're left in the dark on too many important things.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #13
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Yeah, Uncharted 3 is as long as Uncharted 2 at least. And if it wasn't, then multiplayer wouldn't be to blame seeing as ND hired an entirely new MP team for the start of Among Thieves.

If anything would be to blame, even though I enjoyed U3 just as much as I did U2, it would be that Naughty Dog cut the team in half so some of them could go off and start work on TLOU.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think the team being cut in half hurt the game at all. They needed that entire team to create a brand new engine for U2. They used the same engine, albeit tweaked for 3, so they did not need the entire team team this time around.

I think the biggest difference in U3 and U2 is the absence of Bruce Straley as game director. Mix in the fact that they gave a release date before they were ready to at E3 and they found a bug that affected Fat systems close to going gold, and I think those three things hurt the game the most.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
This game didnt have a shorter campaign. It was on par with UC2.
No, it was shorter, many reviews mentioned this fact. Maybe it felt longer because of the terribly designed difficulty spikes. I finished the game in 8 hours compared to the just over 10 it took me to finish Among Thieves. That seems to be the general time frame for both games. around 10 for AT and about 8 for DD. Its absolutely a shorter campaign. Still a fantastic game overall tho.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 01-25-2012 at 12:00 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Yeah the game did feel shorter even though it has just about the same chapters as the last two.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
javi1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Just beat it. What a lackluster ending, but at least it didn't have a drawn out boss fight like the last previous 2 games. To be honest, I kind of hate this game. It's not bad, just so many things that piss me off. I'm also really disappointed there are no singe player bonuses like UC2 with cheats or playing as different characters. I like those because games used to have them. Now it's just MP garbage. If it weren't for the fact that I like having every game in a series, I'd get rid of it.

Another thing I really hated was how they pretty much ignore the historical aspect of the plot in the last half or so. The announcement trailer made it seem like it would focus a lot on T.E. Lawrence, but I don't recall him being mentioned outside of a 1-2 cutscenes.

Last edited by Spidey-Bat; 01-25-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
Blackman
C'mon Son

I didnt hate this one. I really liked it. Story wise I liked DD more, gameplay wise (other than the plane scene which is still one of my favorite gameplay moments ever) id pick AT.

Overall I dont know which one Id pick.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
Yeah the game did feel shorter even though it has just about the same chapters as the last two.
Actually, U2 has 4 more chapters than the others.
When I finished U3, I did feel it was shorter than U2, but I'd have to play both again to be sure.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
Sebastos
Bebop User

I did find UC3 shorter for some reason, still loved it though.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
No, it was shorter, many reviews mentioned this fact. Maybe it felt longer because of the terribly designed difficulty spikes. I finished the game in 8 hours compared to the just over 10 it took me to finish Among Thieves. That seems to be the general time frame for both games. around 10 for AT and about 8 for DD. Its absolutely a shorter campaign. Still a fantastic game overall tho.
it took me about 9.5 hours to complete UC2 the first time and that was with actively looking for the treasures on my first playthrough. It took me a little less than 8:30 to complete UC3 and thats without going out of my way to look for anything. If I spent as much time looking for stuff, it would have taken me as long. The games were roughly the same length. There wasnt a significant different in that regards.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #22
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just beat it. What a lackluster ending, but at least it didn't have a drawn out boss fight like the last previous 2 games. To be honest, I kind of hate this game. It's not bad, just so many things that piss me off. I'm also really disappointed there are no singe player bonuses like UC2 with cheats or playing as different characters. I like those because games used to have them. Now it's just MP garbage. If it weren't for the fact that I like having every game in a series, I'd get rid of it.

Another thing I really hated was how they pretty much ignore the historical aspect of the plot in the last half or so. The announcement trailer made it seem like it would focus a lot on T.E. Lawrence, but I don't recall him being mentioned outside of a 1-2 cutscenes.
Drake follows T.E.'s clues for most of the game, doesnt he?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #23
Superhero 101
DESI

No i think it's Drake's clues

Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Lawrence's clues/notes were about Drake's clues in France and Syria. That's all, everything else is Francis Drake.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #25
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Ah yes, so it kind of starts off with Lawrence and then moves to Drake's clues, right?