The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #126
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Black Panther Solo Film!

I think I will love Ant-Man if it happens. I think it's going to bomb no matter what, though. Wright's quirky style is practically the opposite of mainstream

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #127
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
You're probably not going to get Ultron for Avengers 2. That seemed sort of obvious after they teased Thanos. Don't really see the big deal, anyway. Panther >>>>>> Ultron.
Idk about all that, Black Panther is my second favorite Avenger but Ultron is arguably the best Avengers villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDamnNinja View Post
On that same note, I really hope we get a Ms. Marvel (or Captain Marvel, as she's called now) movie.
I refuse to refer to Ms. Marvel as "Captain Marvel", it just lame and doesn't have the uniqueness of Ms. Marvel.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 06-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #128
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Idk about all that, Black Panther is my second favorite Avenger but Ultron is arguably the best Avengers villain.
Yup

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #129
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
I like Ultron, I don't want to give off the impression I don't. But at the end of the day he's a robot who tries to take over the world's missile systems. Not exactly unique in the realm of film.

It's the same problem the Punisher has. He's cool and unique in the comics. On film his character's a dime a dozen.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #130
T"Challa
Side-Kick

No villain is worth being the primary reason for the production ofna movie. If an antman movie is made, itnshould be done with pym being the focus not because they want an excuse to get ultron on screen. Thats a recipe for failure

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #131
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I like Ultron, I don't want to give off the impression I don't. But at the end of the day he's a robot who tries to take over the world's missile systems. Not exactly unique in the realm of film.

It's the same problem the Punisher has. He's cool and unique in the comics. On film his character's a dime a dozen.
I agree about the Punisher, but not Ultron.
See, to me, what makes Ultron unique in the realm of killer robots is his backstory. It's a twisted Oedipus complex, with him wanting to kill his "daddy" Hank and quite literally screw his "mommy" Janet. That's why I'm always dumbfounded when people describe ways they want to get Ultron into the MCU that don't involve the Pyms.

That's why I keep saying: without the Pyms, there *is* no Ultron. That ****ed-up twisted love triangle IS the story of Ultron.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #132
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
See, to me, what makes Ultron unique in the realm of killer robots is his backstory. It's a twisted Oedipus complex, with him wanting to kill his "daddy" Hank and quite literally screw his "mommy" Janet. That's why I'm always dumbfounded when people describe ways they want to get Ultron into the MCU that don't involve the Pyms.

That's why I keep saying: without the Pyms, there *is* no Ultron. That ****ed-up twisted love triangle IS the story of Ultron.
Bingo

Chewy did bring up some valid points, but ultimately there's enough meat there to make Ultron stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
No villain is worth being the primary reason for the production ofna movie. If an antman movie is made, itnshould be done with pym being the focus not because they want an excuse to get ultron on screen. Thats a recipe for failure
Very true

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #133
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDamnNinja View Post
Regardless of how anyone feels about Ant-Man as a character, Ant-Man as a movie, as directed by Edgar Wright, will be killer. So lets hope it happens.

Black Panther needs to happen, too. Black Panther is a great character, with a great setting, completely different from anything we've seen in MCU so far. Plus, the current Avengers lineup is just filled to the brim with white dudes. So let's mix it up.

On that same note, I really hope we get a Ms. Marvel (or Captain Marvel, as she's called now) movie. The lineup really needs some more women in it, I think, and ScarJo's Black Widow as the Token Girl really doesn't do it for me.

If any rumored project needs to be dropped, it's Guardians of the Galaxy, which I think will end up being a colossal bomb for Marvel.
Are you me? Because those are pretty much my exact feelings on all of those movies, lol.

One sticking point, though - while I agree Ant-Man will be great with Wright making it, I also agree with Chewy that it will surely bomb. That's the only reason I'm not completely supportive of it getting made - I'd hate to see its failure getting hung around Edgar Wright's neck. The character's a ridiculously tough sell even before you add Wright's off-beat humor to the mix.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #134
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

This is a little off point, but anyways.... So we getting Black Panther, probably Ant-Man and Wasp as well.... We all pretty much hoping for Ms Marvel, and im sure Marvel is interested in getting her film made, as they really look to push her to be one of the iconic Avengers.

But Who will be left out in Avengers 2 then? because we talking about potentially adding 4 Avengers and getting 6 Avengers enough screen time was already a tough job in itself, I doubt they will have 10... Maybe 7 will still be fine, but having big character additions like Ant-man, Wasp, Ms Marvel and Black Panther... Which characters don't return for Avengers 2?

Or does Avengers 2 just cut out SHIELD, since the Avengers now established there team on there own separate from SHIELD.

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #135
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
Djimon Hounsou for T'Chaka, Jason Isaacs as Ulysses Klaw, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Erik Killmonger.

I wouldn't have Ross in the first BP movie, I'd save him for a sequel as connective tissue to the rest of the MCU. Alan Tudyk comes to mind for that role, but not married to that idea.
Good casting!! I reall want Djimon for the role, he might be older than Marvel might be looking for... But he was made for this role, just like Downey Jr. Was made for Tony, and Christopher Reeves was made for Superman...

You don't cast someone else just because they younger... Pick the right person for the role... Djimon is perfect, he will really be awesome in the role and it will be cool to see him and Downeys Banter

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #136
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

great news...is this confirmed threw marvel or just on this website though..i havent seen anything on IGN or anything ? hope its true

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #137
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
This is a little off point, but anyways.... So we getting Black Panther, probably Ant-Man and Wasp as well.... We all pretty much hoping for Ms Marvel, and im sure Marvel is interested in getting her film made, as they really look to push her to be one of the iconic Avengers.

But Who will be left out in Avengers 2 then? because we talking about potentially adding 4 Avengers and getting 6 Avengers enough screen time was already a tough job in itself, I doubt they will have 10... Maybe 7 will still be fine, but having big character additions like Ant-man, Wasp, Ms Marvel and Black Panther... Which characters don't return for Avengers 2?

Or does Avengers 2 just cut out SHIELD, since the Avengers now established there team on there own separate from SHIELD.
Judging from the way things are going, Ms. Marvel is probably not going to be in Avengers 2.

Giant Man and Wasp might not be in it either for that matter.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #138
Silvermoth
Avenger

I would definetly watch a Black Panther movie. I think it would be stunning.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #139
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Ms. Marvel is just fanboy wishlist speculation at this point. There's nothing concrete from any sources on her getting a film. Maybe someday.

But if the BP rumor turns out, and if Wright gets Ant-Man in under the wire, yeah, there's potentially T'Challa, Hank and Janet (and maybe Scott Lang) turning in their resumes to Avengers 2. I think people are needlessly hand-wringing over this, though --- I can name plenty of action movies that successfully created teams far larger than just 9 or 10 heroes. And you've got to figure that Marvel have absolutely no reason to go back and rehash the backstories on the 6 current Avengers. "This is who Iron Man is; this is how Hulk got his powers; etc." That's already been done in 2012; no need to go back through it in 2015. The only backstories that would need development for Avengers 2 would be the new recruits, not the veterans.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #140
tamron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good casting!! I reall want Djimon for the role, he might be older than Marvel might be looking for... But he was made for this role, just like Downey Jr. Was made for Tony, and Christopher Reeves was made for Superman...

You don't cast someone else just because they younger... Pick the right person for the role... Djimon is perfect, he will really be awesome in the role and it will be cool to see him and Downeys Banter
I'd have no problem with Djimon as T'Challa if Marvel goes older. Like NONE. Because I've thought he'd be perfect for BP since Gladiator.

But I'm saying Djimon as T'Chaka, Black Panther's dad. I figure that way we can get an awesome fight scene with him versus Klaw before the inevitable.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #141
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
I'd have no problem with Djimon as T'Challa if Marvel goes older. Like NONE. Because I've thought he'd be perfect for BP since Gladiator.

But I'm saying Djimon as T'Chaka, Black Panther's dad. I figure that way we can get an awesome fight scene with him versus Klaw before the inevitable.
Wouldn't it be better to be T'Chaka vs M'Baku? If it's against Klaw, that would almost mean that Klaw has already gained his superpowers already. He should only gain it at the end of a battle between T'Chaka and Klaw (with M'Baku being the main fighter).

Maybe at the time Klaw is just a normal human being who is exploiting Wakanda, and has allied himself with M'Baku, but isn't a really serious threat then. Only later on does he become a threat when he gains his powers, and perhaps turns against M'Baku as well (especially if M'Baku abandoned Klaw to his fate).

Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #142
tamron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Wouldn't it be better to be T'Chaka vs M'Baku? If it's against Klaw, that would almost mean that Klaw has already gained his superpowers already. He should only gain it at the end of a battle between T'Chaka and Klaw (with M'Baku being the main fighter).

Maybe at the time Klaw is just a normal human being who is exploiting Wakanda, and has allied himself with M'Baku, but isn't a really serious threat then. Only later on does he become a threat when he gains his powers, and perhaps turns against M'Baku as well (especially if M'Baku abandoned Klaw to his fate).
I was just going with the comic history in saying Klaw is his killer. Klaw was a human with a "sound blaster" weaponry trying to get vibranium out of Wakanda. Gunned down T'Chaka. T'Challa eventually gets his hands on a sound blaster, blew off Klaw's hand. Fantastic Four #53.

I'm open to a tweak or change there.

Last edited by tamron; 06-06-2012 at 10:41 AM.
tamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #143
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

^ Yep, I know. But you said you wanted an awesome fight scene between T'Chaka and Klaw, and there wouldn't be much of one if it's just T'Chaka vs a human Klaw. There wouldn't be much of a contest, and Klaw just gunning T'Chaka down is more of an assassination. Hence, why I suggested a fight between T'Chaka and M'Baku, with Klaw somehow involved but not in a physical way.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #144
tamron
Side-Kick

^True.

Maybe awesome in that we get an extended sequence of Hounsou's T'Chaka beating up lackies or something before Klaw uses the sound blaster to get the upper hand.

An M'Baku/Klaw alliance is convenient in a way, but in a perfect world, I'd rather see M'Baku developed as a legit threat rather than cheap muscle. The hierarchy of the sacred totems in Wakandan society (Black Panther/Bast, White Gorilla) would be a cool thing to touch on, imho.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #145
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wasn't really thinking of M'Baku as cheap muscle. M'Baku would be the leader of his own tribe and would "tolerate" Klaw, but would turn on him in a second. Klaw also would just use M'Baku to his own advantage, but has his own agenda. I would say M'Baku has the upper hand to begin with, being the stronger of the two. Later, when Klaw gains super powers, it changes the balance of power. However, M'Baku still wishes to get rid of Klaw and simply allows T'Challa to do the work for him, hoping that once T'Challa's resources are exhausted, M'Baku will move in for the kill.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #146
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:

I refuse to refer to Ms. Marvel as "Captain Marvel", it just lame and doesn't have the uniqueness of Ms. Marvel.
I wholeheartedly concur, lol

Old 06-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #147
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

If we are taking this as completely set in stone, then, now, I just hope they get the right director.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #148
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Exactly, and the fact of the irony of him starting to evolve as a human mind, as I see it, with emotions and such, since he hates humanity, Ultron is MUCH more than a robot trying to take over the world via computers, aka IROBOT

Old 06-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #149
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:

I feel the same way about Djimon ..... he's a very engaging actor. If not him then Eamonn Walker.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #150
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

No. Apparently its been debunked, insiders at marvel have said this black panther rumor isn't true. thank god