The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 01-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #26
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Default Re: Spidey in the Avengers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Yes. It's far fetched. Sony would not want to run the risk of confusing the average movie goer as to who creates the Spider Man brand of films. They bought the rights for a reason and that is to profit on it's name sake. Not somebody else. Film characters don't work like hip hop artists appearing on each other's records. Not only that, but how do you even begin to price something like that out? If you've got Spiderman in the movie, it could potentially draw even more people out to it than before, given his A-list nature. Again, that to Sony is worth a ton of money.

The only way you'd ever see something like that happening are if Sony and Disney teamed up. Not a chance that's ever going to happen. That's too many "suits" trying to come together to decide how their franchises are treated. Marvel Films with Disney have the kind of overseeing power that they don't have with Sony.

Why would the average movie goer care who creates the Spider-man brand of films? I don't think i've ever heard anyone i know ask which company Makes any of these movies....why would that even be an issue?

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #27
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

To be honest with the lack of buzz in the GA for TASM, attaching it to THE AVENGERS and having this rebooted SPIDERMAN in the MCU is, IMO, a good idea.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #28
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
To be honest with the lack of buzz in the GA for TASM, attaching it to THE AVENGERS and having this rebooted SPIDERMAN in the MCU is, IMO, a good idea.
Yeah, i was thinking that having Spidey cameo in Avengers could be a great bit of advertising for Sony, because Avengers is no doubt going to be seen by a LOT of people...

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #29
samsnee
Side-Kick

If Spider-man shows up in Avengers, I will personally write a check to everyone here for the price of admission to see the Avengers again.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
If Spider-man shows up in Avengers, I will personally write a check to everyone here for the price of admission to see the Avengers again.
LOL; I'll hold you to that.

Here's the thing though. This rumour is now spreading all over the internet. It's now become a multiple-source single point origin rumour. If it's not true should MARVEL publicly decry it because there will be a deflating sense of disappointment when the movie is viewed but there is no SPIDERMAN or should they let this rumour run to build more (false) hype?

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
TheCaretaker
Side-Kick

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/avenge...-details-2928/

"Speculation has been rampant if one of the original Avengers from the comic books will make an appearance or just a cameo. Spider-man will be dropping in, but just for a look quick before you miss him cameo. It would be a little off putting if Spider-man was in the film before his movie comes out. With the new ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, they have to adjust audiences to Andrew Garfield along with the new take on the Peter Parker story so the cameo is a nice reminder, as if we’ll need that when that marketing machine hits full force."

TheCaretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #32
samsnee
Side-Kick

It makes no sense in terms of story perspective. So this movie takes place AFTER Amazing Spider-man since he is in costume? Or is it just Parker? If it's just Parker and not Spider-man, how will audiences realize it's supposed to actually be Spider-man?

Secondly, the story has to address why Spider-man isn't helping the Avengers.And if he is helping them, then why aren't we also seeing his storyline? I just think it causes more headache than necessary.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
It makes no sense in terms of story perspective. So this movie takes place AFTER Amazing Spider-man since he is in costume? Or is it just Parker? If it's just Parker and not Spider-man, how will audiences realize it's supposed to actually be Spider-man?

Secondly, the story has to address why Spider-man isn't helping the Avengers.And if he is helping them, then why aren't we also seeing his storyline? I just think it causes more headache than necessary.
It's not happening. The internet has let it's imagination run wild. Spidey is with Sony and will be there for a very long time yet.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Why would the average movie goer care who creates the Spider-man brand of films? I don't think i've ever heard anyone i know ask which company Makes any of these movies....why would that even be an issue?
Why do you think the movie companies post their friggin' names before the movie even begins?

C'mon now .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Yeah, i was thinking that having Spidey cameo in Avengers could be a great bit of advertising for Sony, because Avengers is no doubt going to be seen by a LOT of people...
Spider Man doesn't need the Avengers to advertise it's franchise.

Last edited by Morg; 01-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #35
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

No way. Two separate companies. Only movie Spidey is in other than his own is the Italian Job!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 01-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaretaker View Post
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/avenge...-details-2928/

"Speculation has been rampant if one of the original Avengers from the comic books will make an appearance or just a cameo. Spider-man will be dropping in, but just for a look quick before you miss him cameo. It would be a little off putting if Spider-man was in the film before his movie comes out. With the new ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, they have to adjust audiences to Andrew Garfield along with the new take on the Peter Parker story so the cameo is a nice reminder, as if we’ll need that when that marketing machine hits full force."

wait....WHAT?

This "bestmoviesevernews" is implying that Feige himself said that in the Empire interview, but they don't show an actual quote. Can somebody who has the Empire issue confirm/deny that Feige says a damn thing about Spider-Man being in Avengers.....???? Cuz if Feige says so, I'll believe it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #37
The Watcher
Otherwordly Witness

I think the article's confusing some people.

They mention that Feige talks about the film and clears up some rumours - and from what's been released, it seems like said 'rumours' are things like Loki's army.

And then, in a new paragraph, they - that is, the website - goes on to claim that Spider-Man makes an appearance.

So I don't think Feige said it, but their continuation from the paragraph above it about Feige, makes it seem like he did.

At least, that's my interpretation of the article.

The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #38
Rain
Side-Kick

I highly doubt this happening, but if they did it Spidey's cameo would probably be similar to Black Knight's in EMH. He'll probably be in a blink and you miss it scene fighting Loki's army or protecting civilians.

Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocle_Smile View Post
I highly doubt this happening, but if they did it Spidey's cameo would probably be similar to Black Knight's in EMH. He'll probably be in a blink and you miss it scene fighting Loki's army or protecting civilians.

But that's just it....even for a split-second background "cameo," if you could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you're indeed seeing Spider-Man, then Sony could sue the hell out of Marvel for breach of contract.

Fox tried that once. It was on X3, I believe, that they actually petitioned Sony for a cameo by Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, and there was going to be a requisite Spider-Man joke...Sony said no way.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #40
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

X3 would've been better with that cameo

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #41
Rain
Side-Kick

I think Raimi wanted Thomas Jane to cameo as Punisher in Spider-Man 2 and we got some vague guy in a black shirt lol. I was just thinking it would be cool if Spidey's cameo had a shout out to X2.
SPIDER-MAN:I can help you.
CAP: (Pointing at civilians) Help them.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #42
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

LOL that makes no sense, Cap would want Spidey on his side in a fight to save the world.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #43
Rain
Side-Kick

I figured he'd want someone on crowd control lol

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
Of course, this is NOT happening. Sony would NEVER allow it. Especially not when they have their reboot coming out two months later.
It would actually give ASM a lot of publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
She is obviously is one of those people who doesn't know much about comics or superheroes, so if she forgets the name of say, Captain America, her brain is just gonna say 'Spider-man'.
It is just one of those old granny mistakes, my old mum once described Smallville as 'that show about Batman as a baby.' It's that kind of thing.
But this is what has happened. She's forgot some of the Avengers names and come out with Spider-Man because Spidey is known by everyone.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #45
Axl Z
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: Spidey in the Avengers?

Been thinking, chances are it won't be Spidey in costume as I imagine Sony are holding back his full reveal for their origin film.

It will probably be Andrew Garfield in person and he won't even refered to by the Peter Parker name so no rights needed, he'll see the avengers save the day in new york and randomly say "you know, I guess five people can make a difference, nuff said" and walk off..

Axl Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #46
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm posting here just to make sure I get that check! ;p

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #47
Rongxin
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Z View Post
Been thinking, chances are it won't be Spidey in costume as I imagine Sony are holding back his full reveal for their origin film.
Don't we already have abundant pictures featuring the costume

Rongxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #48
Mr. Fixit
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Z View Post

It will probably be Andrew Garfield in person and he won't even refered to by the Peter Parker name so no rights needed, he'll see the avengers save the day in new york and randomly say "you know, I guess five people can make a difference, nuff said" and walk off..
Hmmm...you actually just touched on an interesting point.

WHAT IF Andrew Garfield was just a person in the background who witnesses some action taking place? (maybe pre-Spidey bite) If he's officially credited as "Guy on street" how could Sony sue? Andrew Garfield CAN do acting work for another company...in this case he simply wouldn't be in character...however the obvious nod for fans would be evident.

Look at Stan Lee, he makes cameos in many Marvel movies, no matter which company they are from.

Last edited by Mr. Fixit; 01-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Mr. Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

It would be awesome. Unlikely, but I'm not going to lie, I would geek to the max.
Also, there's a possibility that if this is true, maybe it could be the "post credits" scene. But as most of you, I'm not holding my breath.

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #50
Mr. Fixit
Enforcer

It would definitely be a cool geek-out moment.

As I mentioend, if it were just Andrew Garfield credited as a random guy I think a cameo would be very easy and a nice nod to fans. It would be something along the lines of Stan Lee or Lou Ferrigno showing up in both Hulk movies.

Last edited by Mr. Fixit; 01-25-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Mr. Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote