The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
yeah I just saw that...I skipped over the main page and came straight here. I take this site a lot more seriously than most others, but until I hear it from the actor's own mouth or her rep says that it will indeed be a flashback I'm going to assume that the movie will show them growing up. I've always hate the flashback route...seems like a cheap way of getting around childhood

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #27
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Yeah, flashbacks bother me most the time too. Especially if it's repeatedly cut back and forth to.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

exactly...just do your due diligence and show them growing up...I don't want 3 or 4 or more flashbacks in a movie. I get bored. And I was too fond of the flashbacks in Superman Returns

Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #29
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I don't mind flashbacks but I'd prefer seeing them just growning up. But you guys think they've already cast an adult lana?.....something tells me there are more roles cast in this that we don't know about yet

Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I don't mind flashbacks but I'd prefer seeing them just growning up. But you guys think they've already cast an adult lana?.....something tells me there are more roles cast in this that we don't know about yet
I'm sure there have been more people cast that we don't yet know about

Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

And how reliable is imdb....cause it seems like that they have a bunch of castings on there and so far they got Lana right....I've always kind of treated them like comicbook website

Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

imdb= inaccurate movie data base

Old 01-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I read it on this main site.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...oung-lana-lang

Flashback or not, looks like we may have a Supes/Lois/Lana love triangle.
I'll honestly be shocked if they go that route since I've rarely seen love triangles dived into within Nolan's/Goyer's stories..not to mention, if they'll even have the time to deal with that in the film.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'll honestly be shocked if they go that route since I've rarely seen love triangles dived into within Nolan's/Goyer's stories..not to mention, if they'll even have the time to deal with that in the film.
I'm praying extra hard it's NOT a flashback...that crap gets on my nerves

Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #35
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm praying extra hard it's NOT a flashback...that crap gets on my nerves
It could go either way. Heck, they could just do a mixture of what "Star Trek" did where we see flashbacks of only moments where it reveals a important plot point in the story and that before then, we have a linear storyline where we star with Krypton...go to Clark's youth and then finally reach to his adult.

I'll still be surprised if there's even an "adult" version of Lana though. If there is, she's definitely been selected by now, though makes you wonder why they wouldn't reveal it then as of yet.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
Kurosawa
Banned User

It'll have to be a flashback because of how young the kid is.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
It could go either way. Heck, they could just do a mixture of what "Star Trek" did where we see flashbacks of only moments where it reveals a important plot point in the story and that before then, we have a linear storyline where we star with Krypton...go to Clark's youth and then finally reach to his adult.

I'll still be surprised if there's even an "adult" version of Lana though. If there is, she's definitely been selected by now, though makes you wonder why they wouldn't reveal it then as of yet.
I'm very curious to see how this all plays out to say the least

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #38
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

the flashback will be where young Clark and Lana are playing hide and seek on the farm, then Clark will fall down a well, and Lana will scream for Mr. Kent..........then adult Clark will wake up in a small fishing village in Alaska........and........and.........

XEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #39
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

If the final fight takes place in Smallville then it kind of makes sense Lana as an adult would show up to be saved from debris or whatever instead of just faceless citizens. If she's still in Smallville.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #40
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

It is possible for Lana to continue interacting with the Kents as well with Clark going off into the big city.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #41
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

I would be fine if adult Lana doesn't appear until the sequel.....

and the most logical place for young Lana's appearance in a flashback would be in school.

wasn't there reports of a scene where young Clark blew out the windows of his Smallville school ( due to a sonic scream or something )?

also, maybe it will be a flashback when young Clark first discovered and used one of his powers to save or impress Lana.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #42
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEdge View Post
I would be fine if adult Lana doesn't appear until the sequel.....

and the most logical place for young Lana's appearance in a flashback would be in school.

wasn't there reports of a scene where young Clark blew out the windows of his Smallville school ( due to a sonic scream or something )?

also, maybe it will be a flashback when young Clark first discovered and used one of his powers to save or impress Lana.
I wouldn't mind seeing Clark and Lana in school together...and yes there is a sonic scream. A little Banshee if you ask me

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #43
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

I wonder if this means a young Pete Ross will be in it, too..........

Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #44
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I wonder if this means a young Pete Ross will be in it, too..........
will he be black?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #45
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

Quote:
will he be black?
I don't think that would matter much. you could make a case either way.

but then again, you could also leave out the character altogether, and I wouldn't mind. Just put the focus on Clark and Lana's childhood friendship ( and develop this more in the sequel with an adult Lana ).

as for a future love triangle in the sequel, I could really see the situation where Lois is in love with Superman ( but not Metropolis Clark ), whereas Lana is in love with the farmboy, Smallville Clark ( and not Superman ). it would definitely put Clark in a difficult situation, because which girl loves the "real" him.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If an adult Lana is present in SV throughout the movie's events, I would have thought that we would have seen her somewhere back when they were filming the Smallville Destruction scene.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #47
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I don't think that would matter much. you could make a case either way.

but then again, you could also leave out the character altogether, and I wouldn't mind. Just put the focus on Clark and Lana's childhood friendship ( and develop this more in the sequel with an adult Lana ).

as for a future love triangle in the sequel, I could really see the situation where Lois is in love with Superman ( but not Metropolis Clark ), whereas Lana is in love with the farmboy, Smallville Clark ( and not Superman ). it would definitely put Clark in a difficult situation, because which girl loves the "real" him.
I wouldn't care if Pete is white, black, pink, purple, blue or orange. Nor would I care if he's even in the movie at all. And I'd love to see somewhat of a love triangle between Clark/Superman and Lois and Lana. Lois loves Superman and what he can do...Lana loves Clark for who he is. Honestly if I were in Clark's/Superman's shoes I'd go with Lana. But Clark is destined to be with Lois and I'm ok with that

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #48
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
If an adult Lana is present in SV throughout the movie's events, I would have thought that we would have seen her somewhere back when they were filming the Smallville Destruction scene.
I'm sure that was just bits and pieces of the Smallville destruction...there is more we have yet to see

Old 01-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I'm sure that was just bits and pieces of the Smallville destruction...there is more we have yet to see
Well, I guess we'll know by the time filming is done..or when the film is out.lol

And well, at least we won't have to worry about Lana's character being shoved down our throats like her characterization on SV was.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #50
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Well, I guess we'll know by the time filming is done..or when the film is out.lol

And well, at least we won't have to worry about Lana's character being shoved down our throats like her characterization on SV was.
Lord bless Smallville's Lana was downright HORRIBLE!!! There were times I loved the show and there were times I hated the show and I'm damn glad it's over...yet I want to buy the complete series on DVD. I must be sick