Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #101
Kurosawa
Banned User

Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
What is so damn appealing about love triangles? lol
I hate them myself.

As for Lana, I never minded the Betty and Veronica act with her and Lois in the comics, mostly because I liked how Lois was the nicer of the two, while Lana was the *****ier one. Lana was the daughter of a famous archeologist and had traveled the world, and regarded the people of Smallville with a certain degree of snobbishness, while Lois came from a small town herself, her parents were equestrians, and she was much more down to earth. In the Post-Crisis comics, Lana got more of the old Lois personality, while Lois got turned into an emasculating ***** who looked down on Clark because she was a trite "military brat", just like how Lana was the trite "girl next door".

Incredibly poor and unimaginative cliched characterizations, but that's Post-Crisis Superman for ya.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #102
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

While she essentially reveals nothing about her role in MOS, I think this is the first time that we've heard her admitting in person that she's playing the role of Lana Lang. From the looks of things, she appears that she'd make a great Lana Lang for the age range that they're aiming at in Clark's early days.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=b_rSoWlws4M#!

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #103
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

She seems like a nice choice to play Young Lana Lang.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Indeed; and just to do a recount of things, here are the women that have played a live action version of Lana so far:

Bunny Henning

Diane Sherry

Annette O'Toole

Stacy Haiduk

Emily Procter

Kristin Kreuk

Jadin Gould

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #105
Blue Sugar
Banned User

I love that we have a Lana Lang in MOS!! She's a favorite character of mine. And the actress which I've never heard of impresses me in the interview, youthfully excited but still with a mature sense.

And I love that she's not a redhead, will make some of the comic-book purists rage.
But I especially like it since we are getting a ginger Lois, cause I want Lois and Lana to be different enough in their looks.

Blue Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #106
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

My choice for Adult Lana, Miss Mandy Moore.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #107
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Still curious in seeing if there even is a older Lana Lang in the film. With filming having wrapped up for the film, if there was an older Lana in the film, then we would have heard about the casting for that character by now.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #108
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

There's always a chance she could appear in a sequel, unless something happens in MOS to prevent it.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #109
Rockstar
Banned User

Honestly, I'm getting the impression that Lana, Pete and Whitney are just cameo roles in the childhood Kansas scenes.

They really aren't setting up Lana for future films. It would be absolutely pointless.

Lana = Smallville.

MoS deals with Smallville in depth and sets the stage for Metropolis. It would be illogical and counterproductive to go backwards in the sequel.

Not to mention, if they're staying true to the comics...Clark has no romantic interest in her. So what's the point?

She would add nothing to Clark's present in Metropolis.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #110
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

She can appear without having it to be anything romantic.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #111
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #112
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Anette was really smoking back in those days.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #113
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Also I don't see why he can't visit Smallville in the sequels.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #114
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:

To serve what purpose then? MoS deals with Smallville and moves forward to Metropolis.

Lana = Smallville = Clark's past. It's silly to revisit it again in the sequel.

Also, she's a female so if she was included it would obviously be something romantic. That's how Hollywood works. Women are only love interest roles in a film with this kind of setup.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #115
VAMOSFIRE
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think Lana is the love interest of this trilogy. If Lois was the love interest they would have cast a hot actress (because for the male audience to live vicariously through Superman they must be attracted to Lois). Lana will make her presence felt in the flashbacks and then swoop in after Superman has been established. No point focusing on a romance in Man Of Steel. Much more important things than that in this reboot. By the 2nd film, Lana will be inserted. Snyder has already said he is taking a completely different approach to Donner/Lester.

VAMOSFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #116
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
To serve what purpose then? MoS deals with Smallville and moves forward to Metropolis.

Lana = Smallville = Clark's past. It's silly to revisit it again in the sequel.

Also, she's a female so if she was included it would obviously be something romantic. That's how Hollywood works. Women are only love interest roles in a film with this kind of setup.
Whatever the writers would want. It could be just for continuity's sake. I don't see why she couldn't visit Clark while he's in Smallville.

I'm not campaigning for Lana to appear in the sequels. I just wouldn't mind if she was. And it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 02-28-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #117
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Honestly, I'm getting the impression that Lana, Pete and Whitney are just cameo roles in the childhood Kansas scenes.

They really aren't setting up Lana for future films. It would be absolutely pointless.

Lana = Smallville.

MoS deals with Smallville in depth and sets the stage for Metropolis. It would be illogical and counterproductive to go backwards in the sequel.

Not to mention, if they're staying true to the comics...Clark has no romantic interest in her. So what's the point?

She would add nothing to Clark's present in Metropolis.
True to which comics? The unrequited love thing is post crisis, and we know this isn't going to be a straight up adaptation of the post crisis comics.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #118
Rockstar
Banned User

It is straight up post-crisis thus far.

Everything we know about MoS so far has post-crisis roots. Early reports suggested that Goyer and crew were using the Byrne stuff as inspiration.

There's really nothing from the precrisis, except of course a Lois Lane actress that doesn't look like any modern version.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #119
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

How about Sophia Bush as adult Lana Lang?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #120
VAMOSFIRE

Jadin Gould will be adult by the 3rd Man Of Steel film so maybe she can play the adult Lana Lang too.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #121
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

As for Sophia Bush, not bad, but I haven't seen her in anything. So I have no clue about her acting skills.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #122
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Jadin Gould will be adult by the 3rd Man Of Steel film so maybe she can play the adult Lana Lang too.
You're kidding right? She's not even 18 from what I know and Henry is like in his late 20's, almost early 30's.

There's no freaking way that she could pass off as an adult in their late 20's within 6-8 years from now.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #123
VAMOSFIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You're kidding right? She's not even 18 from what I know and Henry is like in his late 20's, almost early 30's.

There's no freaking way that she could pass off as an adult in their late 20's within 6-8 years from now.
Guess we'll have to wait and find out how Jadin Gould looks in 6-8 years. But for sure, Amy Adams won't be young enough to play Lois in the sequels, but she will anyway. So I guess its ok if Lana looks a bit younger than she's supposed to.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #124
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Guess we'll have to wait and find out how Jadin Gould looks in 6-8 years. But for sure, Amy Adams won't be young enough to play Lois in the sequels, but she will anyway. So I guess its ok if Lana looks a bit younger than she's supposed to.
A bit younger? Dude, the actress is 13 years old at the moment, and she'll only be 18 in 5 years, during which time...IF MOS proves to be successful to warrant a sequel, she'd still be way too young to play a woman in her late 20's.

It's one thing for a actor/actress to play a character younger their own age, but another thing for them to play someone that's much older than they are.

I get that you have this desire to see Lana be the main love interest, and I admit, an ADULT Lana can be introduced in future sequels, even as a love interest, but unless something BIG happens, don't expect to see Superman end up with Lana in a superman franchise, let alone a 18 year old girl playing a 29 year old character.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #125
VAMOSFIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A bit younger? Dude, the actress is 13 years old at the moment, and she'll only be 18 in 5 years, during which time...IF MOS proves to be successful to warrant a sequel, she'd still be way too young to play a woman in her late 20's.

It's one thing for a actor/actress to play a character younger their own age, but another thing for them to play someone that's much older than they are.

I get that you have this desire to see Lana be the main love interest, and I admit, an ADULT Lana can be introduced in future sequels, even as a love interest, but unless something BIG happens, don't expect to see Superman end up with Lana in a superman franchise, let alone a 18 year old girl playing a 29 year old character.
5 years? You said 6-8 years. 20-something is fine for Lana to look. Lots of 30-year-olds look 20.

Anyway, no way is Lois appropriate for Superman. Unless we want a cougar theme.