The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Which Spidey costume do you like more?
Tobey Maguire/original trilogy 63 70.00%
Andrew Garfield/reboot 24 26.67%
Undecided/tie 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Whose costume is better?

Simple enough question-which design do you prefer? Maguire's?

Or Garfield's?

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
MaryJaneOrDie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 48
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
But...

Gwen does die in the comics at the hands of the Goblin. How exactly is that copying The Dark Knight when the Death of Gwen Stacy storyline precedes The Dark Knight by over 30 years?

But I'm sure that when she does die in this franchise, "THEY COPIED THE DARK KNIGHT!11" will pop up over 9000 times.
Because I think theyre trying to give her death the same effect, when we all know its inevitable. I mean I just feel like the directors are treating us like were too stupid to know that she dies and are trying to have shock value. I forgot who it was but someone took out the audio from the dark knight trailer and over lapped it the TAS trailer, and they fit together almost perfectly (thats no accident). I just feel like Sony told em, they needed to take note from the Nolan Batman Franchise and now theyve made a carbon copy.

Btw about the Nolan Batsuit, I never liked it too much either but it works in context of looking functional and realistic. My favorite Batman however, will always be Michael Keaton. Better Batsuit, better Batvoise, but I do agree with the general consensus that Bale does a better Bruce Wayne.

MaryJaneOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJaneOrDie View Post
Because I think theyre trying to give her death the same effect, when we all know its inevitable. I mean I just feel like the directors are treating us like were too stupid to know that she dies and are trying to have shock value. I forgot who it was but someone took out the audio from the dark knight trailer and over lapped it the TAS trailer, and they fit together almost perfectly (thats no accident). I just feel like Sony told em, they needed to take note from the Nolan Batman Franchise and now theyve made a carbon copy.


You're saying people will think Sony copied Nolan's Batman series with killing off Gwen Stacy? First off, it's a HUGE thing to happen in Spidey's universe and something we should be seeing, but I highly doubt it'll happen in the second film the way you make it seem that it'll be a carbon copy. That just won't happen. Granted, seeing Rachel die by the hands of Joker could be viewed as Nolan copying the Gwen Stacy storyline, but it was a brilliant move from Nolan and one copying the other won't be seen by anyone, except for you apparently.

And no one said Sony thinks the audience is dumb, but like I said...it's something we need to see, and saying Gwen is a waste does nothing to your argument on the closed thread because some can very well say Mary Jane was a waste and only used as a plot device of being kidnapped by the villain. Plus, many people of the general audience probably has no idea what happens to Gwen Stacy in the end because they only know of Spider-Man from TAS and Raimi's trilogy.

And to answer your other statement from the closed thread....you said it's unnecessary for Peter's parents to have a huge plot in the reboot....but, we don't know that. We do know that it's the reason Peter goes to OsCorp, and that's a smart way in doing that, imo, then another class field trip.

Quote:
Btw about the Nolan Batsuit, I never liked it too much either but it works in context of looking functional and realistic. My favorite Batman however, will always be Michael Keaton. Better Batsuit, better Batvoise, but I do agree with the general consensus that Bale does a better Bruce Wayne.
We can both agree on this though. I much prefer Keaton as Batman and I love the suit from '89 Batman, and I much prefer Bale as Bruce Wayne, but with his costume, I love it because I know what it symbolizes in the films, although if Bale kept his Batman Begins suit, I would not have minded that at all.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post


You're saying people will think Sony copied Nolan's Batman series with killing off Gwen Stacy? First off, it's a HUGE thing to happen in Spidey's universe and something we should be seeing, but I highly doubt it'll happen in the second film the way you make it seem that it'll be a carbon copy. That just won't happen. Granted, seeing Rachel die by the hands of Joker could be viewed as Nolan copying the Gwen Stacy storyline, but it was a brilliant move from Nolan and one copying the other won't be seen by anyone, except for you apparently.

And no one said Sony thinks the audience is dumb, but like I said...it's something we need to see, and saying Gwen is a waste does nothing to your argument on the closed thread because some can very well say Mary Jane was a waste and only used as a plot device of being kidnapped by the villain. Plus, many people of the general audience probably has no idea what happens to Gwen Stacy in the end because they only know of Spider-Man from TAS and Raimi's trilogy.

And to answer your other statement from the closed thread....you said it's unnecessary for Peter's parents to have a huge plot in the reboot....but, we don't know that. We do know that it's the reason Peter goes to OsCorp, and that's a smart way in doing that, imo, then another class field trip.
This.

You saved me from responding.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,724
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Simple enough question-which design do you prefer? Maguire's?

Or Garfield's?
I have never been a fan of the raised silver webbing on the Maguire/Raimi suit.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
MaryJaneOrDie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 48
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post


You're saying people will think Sony copied Nolan's Batman series with killing off Gwen Stacy? First off, it's a HUGE thing to happen in Spidey's universe and something we should be seeing, but I highly doubt it'll happen in the second film the way you make it seem that it'll be a carbon copy. That just won't happen. Granted, seeing Rachel die by the hands of Joker could be viewed as Nolan copying the Gwen Stacy storyline, but it was a brilliant move from Nolan and one copying the other won't be seen by anyone, except for you apparently.

And no one said Sony thinks the audience is dumb, but like I said...it's something we need to see, and saying Gwen is a waste does nothing to your argument on the closed thread because some can very well say Mary Jane was a waste and only used as a plot device of being kidnapped by the villain. Plus, many people of the general audience probably has no idea what happens to Gwen Stacy in the end because they only know of Spider-Man from TAS and Raimi's trilogy.

And to answer your other statement from the closed thread....you said it's unnecessary for Peter's parents to have a huge plot in the reboot....but, we don't know that. We do know that it's the reason Peter goes to OsCorp, and that's a smart way in doing that, imo, then another class field trip.
I really worded that badly. I didnt mean to make it sound like I don't think it's an important story. I agree the death of Gwen Stacy is one of the most important stories in Spider-Man lore but I think shes being played up too much. Keep in mind why Gwens death was ordered, she was thought of as being too much of a 2 dimensional character. The writers decided the best thing she can do for the story is die.

My problem is that shes in the movie and shes not going to die. Id assume that Uncle Ben is going to die at some point in the movie. This inspires Peter to become Spider-Man. Had they went with the Goblin as the villian, they could have had her die at the climax. Making him question himself and his capabilities as a hero, setting the stage for the sequel to expand upon. The fact that Spider-Mans webbing kills her would also be a great explanation for why the public jumps on the anti-Spider-Man bandwagon.

It just seems like such a waste to me. I say that they are just trying to copy the Dark Knight because it doesnt seem necessary to push the Goblin back to the sequel. I just feel like theyre trying to make her death unexpected and its not at all if you know anything about Spider-Man.

I guess my problems arent with Gwen theyre more with the story choice its self.

MaryJaneOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger
 
Spider-ManHero12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 47,310
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I have never been a fan of the raised silver webbing on the Maguire/Raimi suit.
I loved it.

__________________
A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans|


The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!


A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJaneOrDie View Post
I really worded that badly. I didnt mean to make it sound like I don't think it's an important story. I agree the death of Gwen Stacy is one of the most important stories in Spider-Man lore but I think shes being played up too much. Keep in mind why Gwens death was ordered, she was thought of as being too much of a 2 dimensional character. The writers decided the best thing she can do for the story is die.

My problem is that shes in the movie and shes not going to die. Id assume that Uncle Ben is going to die at some point in the movie. This inspires Peter to become Spider-Man. Had they went with the Goblin as the villian, they could have had her die at the climax. Making him question himself and his capabilities as a hero, setting the stage for the sequel to expand upon. The fact that Spider-Mans webbing kills her would also be a great explanation for why the public jumps on the anti-Spider-Man bandwagon.

It just seems like such a waste to me. I say that they are just trying to copy the Dark Knight because it doesnt seem necessary to push the Goblin back to the sequel. I just feel like theyre trying to make her death unexpected and its not at all if you know anything about Spider-Man.

I guess my problems arent with Gwen theyre more with the story choice its self.
Personally, I'm glad they aren't using Green Goblin immediately, since they're telling the origin story (again). There's too much story with Green Goblin to compete with the origin for screen time.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJaneOrDie View Post
I really worded that badly. I didnt mean to make it sound like I don't think it's an important story. I agree the death of Gwen Stacy is one of the most important stories in Spider-Man lore but I think shes being played up too much. Keep in mind why Gwens death was ordered, she was thought of as being too much of a 2 dimensional character. The writers decided the best thing she can do for the story is die.

My problem is that shes in the movie and shes not going to die. Id assume that Uncle Ben is going to die at some point in the movie. This inspires Peter to become Spider-Man. Had they went with the Goblin as the villian, they could have had her die at the climax. Making him question himself and his capabilities as a hero, setting the stage for the sequel to expand upon. The fact that Spider-Mans webbing kills her would also be a great explanation for why the public jumps on the anti-Spider-Man bandwagon.

It just seems like such a waste to me. I say that they are just trying to copy the Dark Knight because it doesnt seem necessary to push the Goblin back to the sequel. I just feel like theyre trying to make her death unexpected and its not at all if you know anything about Spider-Man.

I guess my problems arent with Gwen theyre more with the story choice its self.
Well you won't have to worry about the writers killing Gwen off in a sequel just because she's a two-dimensional character. It would add more emotion to this story of Spider-Man to differ itself from Raimi's trilogy. I have high hopes for this series, or as much as I can if Avi Arad is still involved

And with Uncle Ben's death in the first film, I think by the time the third movie comes along, having another powerful death would actually help Peter in a way, if the story can work itself out with it. I mean, with the death of Gwen Stacy by his fiercest villain, the words "with great power, comes great responsibility" will definitely hit home because he will have to overcome that death.

One thing that I think will stick from Raimi's trilogy is that Spider-Man's story isn't a happy tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Personally, I'm glad they aren't using Green Goblin immediately, since they're telling the origin story (again). There's too much story with Green Goblin to compete with the origin for screen time.
This, although with Norman Osborn being THE villain, I think he deserves more than to just be in the origin film. That's where Spider-Man slipped up because the were dealing with an origin and also the story of this great villain, which shouldn't have been the case.

My example is '89 Batman perfectly...Batman didn't have a real origin in that film which really took some time on Joker and it worked for Batman's greatest enemy.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I have never been a fan of the raised silver webbing on the Maguire/Raimi suit.
One reason why Webb's is better.

I mean, if we were given black-stitched webbing with brighter colors and webshooters along with the actual design of Raimi's suit....that would be the ideal Spider-Man costume

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Tobey's suit is the best suit

__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

I mean don't get me wrong I love both suits But Tobey's is more so like the classic iconic suit.

I seriously don't see why people make the raised silver webbing such a big deal. and others go "zomg Andrews suit's eyes are so much better in terms of shape" the eyes are only slightly shaped differently.

both suits have the same front spider (Andrew's suit is altered) just like they have the same honeycomb/hexagonal texture(once again slightly different).

I mean i think we can all agree bot suits has something about them that's better than the other.

But I prefer Tobey's suit. there are just more things about it i like as opposed to Andrew's, but i love Andrew's suit as well. In fact The new suit is really close(almost exactly) how I envisioned what Spidey's suit in the comics would look like if it ever got updated. In fact I wouldn't mind it being adapted into the comics.

After all various artist use bits and pieces of how Tobey's suit looks for whe they draw Spidey in the comics. I've even read an issue where the webbing was silver. and No I'm not confusing it with comic adaptations of the film

__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Iirc, a suit that looked almost EXACTLY like the Raimi suit was used in an issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. Raised webbing and all.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1



Even the symbol is the same.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
I seriously don't see why people make the raised silver webbing such a big deal.
Because, most likely, it was done to make the suit flashy. And it sucks because we were given pale colors of the red and blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post


Even the symbol is the same.
LAME.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
webhead731
I'm a photographer
 
webhead731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Truth Is Out There
Posts: 16,408
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post


Even the symbol is the same.
Not to be a noodge, but at least they were inspired by the movie design that doesn't suck.

When comic artists start basing their design off anything in the reboot suit, that's when I will lose faith in humanity.

__________________
Whatever life holds in store for me, I'll never forget these words: "With great power, comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.
Deviantart




webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

I already lost hope in humanity when people actually enjoyed Spider-Man 3.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
webhead731
I'm a photographer
 
webhead731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Truth Is Out There
Posts: 16,408
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

I lost hope in humanity when someone loathed Spider-Man 3.

__________________
Whatever life holds in store for me, I'll never forget these words: "With great power, comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.
Deviantart




webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
MaryJaneOrDie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 48
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Well you won't have to worry about the writers killing Gwen off in a sequel just because she's a two-dimensional character. It would add more emotion to this story of Spider-Man to differ itself from Raimi's trilogy. I have high hopes for this series, or as much as I can if Avi Arad is still involved

And with Uncle Ben's death in the first film, I think by the time the third movie comes along, having another powerful death would actually help Peter in a way, if the story can work itself out with it. I mean, with the death of Gwen Stacy by his fiercest villain, the words "with great power, comes great responsibility" will definitely hit home because he will have to overcome that death.

One thing that I think will stick from Raimi's trilogy is that Spider-Man's story isn't a happy tale.
Those were my thoughts exactly, but the problem is how many times have we seen this? Even if the origins different, its really not that important. I think a mention of uncle ben and brief flashback would suffice just fine. The way they showed the death of Bruce's parents in Tim Burtons Batman, but instead of at the end at the beginning. Those words would have so much more meaning if they are echoed by her death at the end of the film, its more fresh in our heads and has more of an impact than it would in #2 or #3.

The problem with making Gwen a serious romance that spans multiple films is, everyone knows somethings going to happen to her. Fans of the comics know she dies at the hands of the Green Goblin (well spider-mans web kills her but goblin threw her over) and anyone whos seen the Raimi films knows Peters main love intrest is Mary Jane. Everyones just going to be waiting for her to die or something to happen, rather than being able to get fully invested. I think Gwen would work great but only for one movie.

Quote:
This, although with Norman Osborn being THE villain, I think he deserves more than to just be in the origin film. That's where Spider-Man slipped up because the were dealing with an origin and also the story of this great villain, which shouldn't have been the case.

My example is '89 Batman perfectly...Batman didn't have a real origin in that film which really took some time on Joker and it worked for Batman's greatest enemy.
The Green Goblin is a great villain and I loved the way the Joker was handled in Batman. I think 2002 Spider-Man needed the origin story, it gave us connection to Peter Parker. However I as I said earlier I wish this movie started out with a college student Peter Parker who had already been Spider-Man for sometime.

MaryJaneOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #21
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
Not to be a noodge, but at least they were inspired by the movie design that doesn't suck.

When comic artists start basing their design off anything in the reboot suit, that's when I will lose faith in humanity.
Overdramatic much?

I don't see why they'd need to. This suit seems to be an amalgamation of various Spidey suits, mostly the Ben Reily and With Great Power suit.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #22
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I already lost hope in humanity when people actually enjoyed Spider-Man 3.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
KurtMysterio
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 455
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

What keeps me from being 100% on board with the new suit is those damn yellow eyes...especially on some of the action figure designs based off of it, they look absolutely hideous (IMO).

The Raimi suit from 2 and 3 will always be perfection to me.

KurtMysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
El Payaso
Banned User
 
El Payaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rubbing your rhubarb.
Posts: 15,263
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtMysterio View Post
What keeps me from being 100% on board with the new suit is those damn yellow eyes...especially on some of the action figure designs based off of it, they look absolutely hideous (IMO).

The Raimi suit from 2 and 3 will always be perfection to me.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
I lost hope in humanity when someone loathed Spider-Man 3.
Yes...you should always lose hope in humanity when they hate a terrible movie.

Totes makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJaneOrDie View Post
Those were my thoughts exactly, but the problem is how many times have we seen this? Even if the origins different, its really not that important. I think a mention of uncle ben and brief flashback would suffice just fine. The way they showed the death of Bruce's parents in Tim Burtons Batman, but instead of at the end at the beginning. Those words would have so much more meaning if they are echoed by her death at the end of the film, its more fresh in our heads and has more of an impact than it would in #2 or #3.

The problem with making Gwen a serious romance that spans multiple films is, everyone knows somethings going to happen to her. Fans of the comics know she dies at the hands of the Green Goblin (well spider-mans web kills her but goblin threw her over) and anyone whos seen the Raimi films knows Peters main love intrest is Mary Jane. Everyones just going to be waiting for her to die or something to happen, rather than being able to get fully invested. I think Gwen would work great but only for one movie.
And look how the story of Peter and Mary Jane ended...not in a great state. And Gwen Stacy's death will put Peter into a more devastating state. I don't mind that because, as I've said, Peter Parker's story is tragic. Sure, I hated how Spider-Man 3 ended(plus the entire movie), but Raimi did get it right by saying Peter has a terrible story with death, so what's wrong with showing a death that really is necessary? It's better than using Mary Jane in a wrongly-written way during the last trilogy where she didn't even seem like Mary Jane at all. Better to use a character the way she was written in the comics, ala Gwen Stacy and her death.

Quote:
The Green Goblin is a great villain and I loved the way the Joker was handled in Batman. I think 2002 Spider-Man needed the origin story, it gave us connection to Peter Parker. However I as I said earlier I wish this movie started out with a college student Peter Parker who had already been Spider-Man for sometime.
Green Goblin, specifically Norman Osborn, needs some development and to not use him in the first movie already makes it seem like they're focusing on story instead of placing a villain into the film that shouldn't be.

And if they're using mostly from Ultimate Spider-Man, then having it be in high school makes sense. Raimi's trilogy should've been starting at college, imo, since they were taking it from 616.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Yah, just typing that made me laugh as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
You gotta admit....Aunt May was a tough braud to survive all that.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.