The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Which Spidey costume do you like more?
Tobey Maguire/original trilogy 63 70.00%
Andrew Garfield/reboot 24 26.67%
Undecided/tie 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #51
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
It's silly because you're being stubborn. You keep on trying to say that the dark crotch stands out so much, but the only way you can prove it is to crop the official picture and brighten it to prove your point, which is a contradiction in itself.
I can see it just fine. I only brightened it to make it show 100% better and to get the point across easier. I didn't add anything, I just brightened it to show was was already there, only better. I know some computers have darker screens than others. Mine is pretty bright and I can see things easier.

Like, if you go into your room and it's pitch black, do you assume your bed no longer exists?

Good golly man. I didn't even brighten the one above, aside from that tiny circle.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #52
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

You just don't get it.

And regarding the dark, that's a bit of a stupid comparison. That's like saying that the webs he shoots are what's supposed to swing him around, but the wires hidden in post are still the real reason he hangs in the movie verse.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #53
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Well, I already said I understood their reasoning for doing the crotch stuff, I am not even discussing that right now.

ALL I'm saying is there IS an official picture where they forgot or purposefully did not..."fix" his happy place. It's there. It exists. I can see it without brightening it up, hence why I knew it was there in the first place to go retrieve it for this thread. They may fix it for the final product, they may not. Who cares. But this picture, does in fact, have the black widow.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #54
spida-man
THE AMAZING

I'm sorry but the silver webbing looks better than black and looks like actually spider-webbing and stands out more. not to mention i read somewhere that silver is what the artists ORIGINALLY wanted for the webs but obviously had no means of making silver webbing in the comics during the 60s
and if u think the webs on Andrew's suit look better than Tobey's suit...then...well..that's just like..your opinion man...

but the webs on Andrew's suit DO NOT STAND OUT AT ALL.

they remind me of the spidey action figures where the weblines are engraved into the figure, but never painted in...so u have to rely on the light hitting it just right to see the webs.
not only that they don't even look like webs..it looks like just random lines that SLIGHTLY bend...at least with Tobey's suit the webs actually look the way artists would draw the weblines

Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #55
webhead731
I'm a photographer

^^^^

Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #56
spida-man
THE AMAZING

and of course someone is gonna say "oh u like Tobey's suit cause u are a Raimi lover"

or "oh u like Andrew's suit cause u are a Webb lover"

uh no. some of us actually like Raimi's films and are looking forward to Webb's reboot.

It is possible to like both and prefer some things and certain elements from one director's vision over the other despite The amazing Spider-Man having not been released yet.

and in regards to the reboot its funny how some of us either act like we already hate things related to the movie and game, or love things related to them despite having not seen the film or played the game yet.

it seems as nerds we always jump to outlandish conclusions and theories about the things we are hyped up for and if someone doesn't share our opinion, we hardly ever respectfully disagree with them, we start personally attacking them, insulting their intelligence just because we feel like we have been attack since they don't agree with us. and it appears to be especially bad when a person's opinion makes them an outcast compared to the opinion of the rest of the group

in the case of me personally, i know i have strong opinions, but i'm not trying to say "oh u guys are stupid for thinking that way and should think the way i feel about this"

it's more so me being putt off by sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much friggin ridiculous negativity.

I mean honestly if u take a step back and look at how over excited we get about somethings, and how overly displeased we are about somethings...it's kinda silly. and not silly as in taking a stab at eachother saying this person is stupid or silly for thier opinion, but just at face value the opinion is silly and in some cases stupid and we try to understand why this person is thinking and feelings this particular way on this particular subject.

because we disagree and already have our own feelings on what's being discussed and sometimes just don't totally understand why someone would feel differently so strongly. we can accept people feeling differently sometimes, but other times we just can't understand why a person's disagreement with what we feel is sooo strong and very opinionated.

but at the end of the day, every person is unique, has their own likes and dislikes, and feelings, and opinions. and opinions are like a-holes..everyone got one. and yea sure some people's opinions can make them look like an a-hole, but ultimately we all need to take a step back and chill instead of attacking one another.

instead of saying someone is a jerk or stupid or a fan boy, or any other type of name calling, regardless if that person really does deserve that unique title. we all just need to remember we are all nerds here, we all share at least one similar interest: Spider-Man and that should be more then enough to try and respect each other a little more

with great power there must also come great responsibility.

we have the power to treat each other with decency and respect, and to respect each others opinions, disagree calmly, and not be jerks towards each other. so why don't we use that power responsibly?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #57
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

tl;dr

Old 01-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #58
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Anybody who thinks/thought that the black crotch will be in the actual film is just silly.

Sorry, but did you really think that Spidey was going to be running around in the movie with a black patch on his crotch?

Movie stills:

Hell, they even edited it out for a magazine photoshoot:

Although I do think that it was a stupid mistake on Sony/whoever prepped the first picture for release. 2 minutes in Photoshop could have fixed that little area.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #59
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Well, to be fair, whether it ends up in the film or not, those first two images you can't even see down there or it's completely black from shadows, so those examples are moot.

I'm sure it won't end up in the movie. Maybe it will in a few spots where they got lazy.

Besides, the black crotch is the least of its problems. If the suit looked mildly decent I don't think people would mind it so much when it is visible. I know I wouldn't.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #60
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Silver raised webbing still blows.

If first thought of by the creators or not, Spider-Man has black webbing. And his suit looks like webbing for the most part. It may not be an absolute web look that Raimi has or the comics, but it's stiched into the suit with a pretty accurate look for the most part before it goes down to looking like "globe" lines. You can barely tell anyways unless you look really close, much like the crotch area.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
Well, to be fair, whether it ends up in the film or not, those first two images you can't even see down there or it's completely black from shadows, so those examples are moot.

I'm sure it won't end up in the movie. Maybe it will in a few spots where they got lazy.

Besides, the black crotch is the least of its problems. If the suit looked mildly decent I don't think people would mind it so much when it is visible. I know I wouldn't.
Urm, the area in question is actually quite visible in one of the pictures I posted.

I'll let you have the other one though.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #62
spida-man
THE AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
tl;dr
oh really? well perhaps i should re post it, breaking it up into different parts, or perhaps i should send them to u via private message in parts, since what i said is something i think ALOT of us here NEED to read

Old 01-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #63
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well, I didn't read any of it.

So...send me them via messages, and I will still won't read them, but I can delete them and let you know

Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #64
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
oh really? well perhaps i should re post it, breaking it up into different parts, or perhaps i should send them to u via private message in parts, since what i said is something i think ALOT of us here NEED to read
Wouldn't be worth your time and effort. I wouldn't read.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
spida-man
THE AMAZING

some people never change

Old 01-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #66
Anno_Domini
Banned User

There's no reason in changing our own opinions. If we don't like silver webbing, if we have the same right to say how it sucks as much as others STILL complain about the new suit, trying to joke around with every little detail.

Those people never change either.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #67
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Urm, the area in question is actually quite visible in one of the pictures I posted.

I'll let you have the other one though.
Well you can see the area but there's a heavy shadow over it.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #68
spida-man
THE AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
There's no reason in changing our own opinions. If we don't like silver webbing, if we have the same right to say how it sucks as much as others STILL complain about the new suit, trying to joke around with every little detail.

Those people never change either.
i find it hilarious how u think me saying some people never chnage has to deal with u not changing ur opinion. it has NOTHING to do with your opinion. if u would have read my post u would have realized that but "oh noes..its to long i can't read that!"

so whatever

Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #69
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
and of course someone is gonna say "oh u like Tobey's suit cause u are a Raimi lover"

or "oh u like Andrew's suit cause u are a Webb lover"

uh no. some of us actually like Raimi's films and are looking forward to Webb's reboot.

It is possible to like both and prefer some things and certain elements from one director's vision over the other despite The amazing Spider-Man having not been released yet.

and in regards to the reboot its funny how some of us either act like we already hate things related to the movie and game, or love things related to them despite having not seen the film or played the game yet.

it seems as nerds we always jump to outlandish conclusions and theories about the things we are hyped up for and if someone doesn't share our opinion, we hardly ever respectfully disagree with them, we start personally attacking them, insulting their intelligence just because we feel like we have been attack since they don't agree with us. and it appears to be especially bad when a person's opinion makes them an outcast compared to the opinion of the rest of the group

in the case of me personally, i know i have strong opinions, but i'm not trying to say "oh u guys are stupid for thinking that way and should think the way i feel about this"

it's more so me being putt off by sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much friggin ridiculous negativity.

I mean honestly if u take a step back and look at how over excited we get about somethings, and how overly displeased we are about somethings...it's kinda silly. and not silly as in taking a stab at eachother saying this person is stupid or silly for thier opinion, but just at face value the opinion is silly and in some cases stupid and we try to understand why this person is thinking and feelings this particular way on this particular subject.

because we disagree and already have our own feelings on what's being discussed and sometimes just don't totally understand why someone would feel differently so strongly. we can accept people feeling differently sometimes, but other times we just can't understand why a person's disagreement with what we feel is sooo strong and very opinionated.

but at the end of the day, every person is unique, has their own likes and dislikes, and feelings, and opinions. and opinions are like a-holes..everyone got one. and yea sure some people's opinions can make them look like an a-hole, but ultimately we all need to take a step back and chill instead of attacking one another.

instead of saying someone is a jerk or stupid or a fan boy, or any other type of name calling, regardless if that person really does deserve that unique title. we all just need to remember we are all nerds here, we all share at least one similar interest: Spider-Man and that should be more then enough to try and respect each other a little more

with great power there must also come great responsibility.

we have the power to treat each other with decency and respect, and to respect each others opinions, disagree calmly, and not be jerks towards each other. so why don't we use that power responsibly?
I am a big fan of the first two Raimi films, not so much the third. I like the look, feel, and design of the Raimi universe and like any other Spidey fan I nitpick several things that I wish were different about the movies but I also just accept them for the way they are. The Raimi suit is excellent but I have never been a fan of silver webbing. I prefer black webbing. It's my personal preference no matter what the original designers of Spidey had in mind. I just don't like it.

Even with my love of Raimi, I am beyond excited for this reboot and to see where Webb and Co take the new films/stories of my beloved Spidey. I have great confidence from what I have seen so far and although I did not like the new suit at first glance it has grown on me. Like I've said before and I'm sure others have said, the suit will be a minor issue if the movie is rock solid and goes beyond my hopeful expectations.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #70
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
i find it hilarious how u think me saying some people never chnage has to deal with u not changing ur opinion. it has NOTHING to do with your opinion. if u would have read my post u would have realized that but "oh noes..its to long i can't read that!"

so whatever
You were talking about respect and blah, blah, blah....making jokes and what not about the new suit means you have no respect, which is coming from the ones who keep dissing the new suit, which is why I keep talking about the **** silver webbing.

Good job with actually getting an idea what I mean.

How hilarious

Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #71
spida-man
THE AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You were talking about respect and blah, blah, blah....making jokes and what not about the new suit means you have no respect, which is coming from the ones who keep dissing the new suit, which is why I keep talking about the **** silver webbing.

Good job with actually getting an idea what I mean.

How hilarious
i said respecting each other and trying to be nice when it comes to disagreeing with another person's opinion. but clearly u can't get that through your head becuase u are MANY words i can not, nor will I say..because they aren't very nice

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #72
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Oh no.....words that aren't very nice!!!!!

Please don't say them, I may be scarred for life, hahahaha

Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #73
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Sticks and stones...

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #74
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Sticks and stones can never break bones, especially sticks. Whoever thought of that line sucks at life.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #75
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

*sigh* can we get along?

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote