The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Which Spidey costume do you like more?
Tobey Maguire/original trilogy 63 70.00%
Andrew Garfield/reboot 24 26.67%
Undecided/tie 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #101
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Default Re: Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
I did this in Photoshop in 10 minutes. I made something horrid look acceptable. This wouldn't be the best suit, but when I compare this to the original I just feel cheated. They truly gave us some **** design in my opinion, and minor tweaks could have made it okay. I can't imagine how this would look with webbing (not globe lines). I didn't feel like doing those though.

Actually, you just ruined a good design with a lazy Photoshop job.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #102
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
So what is it you don't like in particular? I mean, it's got the classic qualities. I just buttered up the crap design.
Please be specific on my 10 minute Photoshop job on what change displeases you.
If you are going to state "the new suit would look great in my fireplace" and essentially complain about how awful it looks...then don't create something that looks 10 times more awful and say that it's better and not expect to get called out on it.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #103
webhead731
I'm a photographer

You guys do know I wasn't trying to make some beautiful manip, right? I was just showing what the basic design could look like. Things like a belt, whiter and different eyes, no shoes, red on the arms, no red stripe on the leg, less texture, and no black seams on the legs. If I really wanted to I could take the time and make it look gorgeous, but why bother? I have better things to do.

You guys are just using this to defend your opinion.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #104
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Thanks for the effort though. But you should know that claiming what you did made something "horrid" look "acceptable" is a gross exaggeration.

While I think it would make a lot of people happier by making the changes you've listed... you're basically turning it into the exact suit from the comics. Regardless of the backlash this suit gets, I think it's those exact things that makes this suit look unique.

I love the yellow mesh eyes, it makes him look more bug-like.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #105
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Actually, you just ruined a good design with a lazy Photoshop job.
He improved the design with a lazy Photoshop job.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #106
Troy_Parker
Banned User

No.

inb4 "Yes."

Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #107
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I did this in Photoshop in 10 minutes. I made something horrid look acceptable. This wouldn't be the best suit, but when I compare this to the original I just feel cheated. They truly gave us some **** design in my opinion, and minor tweaks could have made it okay. I can't imagine how this would look with webbing (not globe lines). I didn't feel like doing those though.

The eyes look like ****.

The logo doesn't reflect the "lanky" look of the entire suit.

And...I like the red design on the arms of Webb's suit. So the new red added to it looks like **** too.

But, I'll give you the belt....I think a belt should be on the suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I agree with this. The extra dash of color goes well against the red.
That's what I have been thinking as well. I really like the look as opposed to the clear white which doesn't look good anymore, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #108
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
I think it'd be a lot better with a belt, but I still like it a lot.

Not perfect, but yeah. What it could look like. I'd like it if the black seams/lines on his legs were worked into the belt to outline it or something.
I think it looks better with the full "belt". Now if we could only get rid of the crappy spiral design on the gloves and eliminate the stripes on the legs, it would look much better.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #109
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Thanks for the effort though. But you should know that claiming what you did made something "horrid" look "acceptable" is a gross exaggeration.

While I think it would make a lot of people happier by making the changes you've listed... you're basically turning it into the exact suit from the comics. Regardless of the backlash this suit gets, I think it's those exact things that makes this suit look unique.

I love the yellow mesh eyes, it makes him look more bug-like.
I think my changes improve the design. I know the job itself isn't great. Even though it is kind of choppy, if I saw that instead I would be more accepting to it. It just needs webbing.
When I saw Arachnid Man or whatever in Ultimate Spidey, I liked the yellow eyes. But seeing it here looks ugly. Maybe it just doesn't work with the rest of the suit so well.
I kept the blue on the gloves. I like that they tries adding some zing and tried some more radical designs with parts of the suit, but I see some good ideas that just get swallowed up by the bad.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #110
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
He improved the design with a lazy Photoshop job.
Thank you! *hugs*

Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #111
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The eyes look like ****.

The logo doesn't reflect the "lanky" look of the entire suit.

And...I like the red design on the arms of Webb's suit. So the new red added to it looks like **** too.
Yeah, okay.
You're basically saying the classic design looks stupid. That's what I based it upon. You're acting like what I did is all my own idea.
Unless you're just insulting my half assed Photoshop job. In that case, you aren't getting my point.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #112
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

If you want to make a valid point, maybe next time you should take your time and put some effort into it.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #113
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
If you want to make a valid point, maybe next time you should take your time and put some effort into it.
Why? They didn't.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #114
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Sure they did, especially compared to your manip and Raimi's dull suit.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #115
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
I think it looks better with the full "belt". Now if we could only get rid of the crappy spiral design on the gloves and eliminate the stripes on the legs, it would look much better.
The only reason I first mentioned the belt on the last page or so is to connect all the red areas, which includes the leg stripes. I mean, I will be totally fine with the leg stripes if they have the belt, mostly because it connects all the red. The leg stripes connects the red from the boots to the belt, and so on.

And....I LOVE the gloves. It gives a kind of modern look for Spidey which calls for him to have a parkour style in this film which we have already seen.

Quote:
Yeah, okay.
You're basically saying the classic design looks stupid. That's what I based it upon. You're acting like what I did is all my own idea.
Unless you're just insulting my half assed Photoshop job. In that case, you aren't getting my point.
Lol....the reason no one gets your point, or doesn't want to, is because this suit is its own thing. It shouldn't have to look like Raimi's suit, and the eyes you photoshopped as well as the logo looks exactly like Raimi's, that's why I call it ****. Simple as that; it's not me hating on the classic look, it's me hating on the fact that you put in the areas of Raimi's suit that looked like crap.

I prefer the thick black lenses and I prefer the yellow eyes, especially on this suit, but in any suit, I'd go for the thick black lenses.

And the logo, the way the legs are, fits this suit. I'm not trying to dog on the classic design, but I do like the way this design fits, albeit it needs a belt

Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #116
webhead731
I'm a photographer

You do realize they used the same spider logo, right...?

All they did was elongate the bottom legs and on the actual suit it looks like it's disected. But it's the same upper body as the Raimi series'.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #117
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And I don't really care if it is or not, it just looks better the way it is on the new suit.

Complain or not, but make the new suit look like it has any features from Raimi's suit as your photoshopped pic does, and it looks like garbage.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #118
Troy_Parker
Banned User

I love the athletic look the new suit has. Suits Garfield's body type and the more agile Spidey that we're going to be seeing.

A belt and maybe the omission of the shoes (even though they don't bother me) would make this suit so great.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #119
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Agreed. Hell, it's hard to say this, but....if we even got a belt, I don't think I'd complain about the shoes. But the belt is a BIG deal, imo. The way the new suit has it, it's just teasing a belt.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #120
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
And I don't really care if it is or not, it just looks better the way it is on the new suit.

Complain or not, but make the new suit look like it has any features from Raimi's suit as your photoshopped pic does, and it looks like garbage.
Waitwaitwait...

First the logo from Raimi's suit that I "used" (more like drew with the brush tool) is one aspect that makes my version look like "****"...

But when you find out that the Raimi logo, is in fact, on the new suit and you realize it, it's suddenly all okay again......?

Quote:
A belt and maybe the omission of the shoes (even though they don't bother me) would make this suit so great.
It would help, yes.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #121
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Sure they did, especially compared to your manip and Raimi's dull suit.
Okay.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #122
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Waitwaitwait...

First the logo from Raimi's suit that I "used" (more like drew with the brush tool) is one aspect that makes my version look like "****"...

But when you find out that the Raimi logo, is in fact, on the new suit and you realize it, it's suddenly all okay again......?

That's awesome that you find it funny?

Although, you may go back and read the complaint I have with the logo...shortening it doesn't reflect the "lanky" look of the suit, which is what I mentioned, and that's what makes it ****. The same logo or not, the logo reflects on the suit's identity, and making it look like the short Raimi version makes it ****.

Great job understanding though

No, I mean it...I do enjoy talking to slower people.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #123
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
That's awesome that you find it funny?

Although, you may go back and read the complaint I have with the logo...shortening it doesn't reflect the "lanky" look of the suit, which is what I mentioned, and that's what makes it ****. The same logo or not, the logo reflects on the suit's identity, and making it look like the short Raimi version makes it ****.

Great job understanding though

No, I mean it...I do enjoy talking to slower people.
When I mentioned it was the same logo you then just said "I don't care if it is or not. It just looks better on the new suit."
Where as before it was "Yours looks exactly like Raimi's so it is bad." And then went on to say that you liked the logo the way it is, with the longer legs, leading me to believe you thought it was a new design all together.

I see what you were trying to say now. But the way I saw it is that you were contradicting yourself. My bad.

No need to be an ass though.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #124
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
Okay.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #125
webhead731