The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #176
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
the difference between Cap and Kal is, Cap has no Actual powers, just enhanced strength and senses and Sacrifices him self every time he goes into battle.
Thor is a warrior like Zod, yet there would be no way Zod would be worthy of Mjolnir, because he would commit Geneocide to save a race, also the slight Difference in Beta Ray Bill being worthy, he wouldn't commit genocide to save his own race either.
Yes, that was my point. That Cap is pretty much sacrificing as much as a human would in his battles makes it easier to be inspired by him. Sure guys like Superman and Thor can inspire but a human can never even begin to approach what they do. I'd like to see a little bit of how people on Earth react to Thor in TTDW though since everyone should be aware of him after The Avengers.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #177
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I just like the Fact that they showed that Thor could be tossed around quite a bit and still keep going tho not to the extent that Supes and Zod did in MoS.
Thor's durability is VERY high and so far in Both films he's been in, They've shown that, just not what he is really capable of when at full strength

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #178
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Loki being shown as bulletproof and Thor being slammed into mountain sides and battling Iron Man is all well and good but I want an unambiguous show of his strength and durability for the audience to get he's a Hulk level powerhouse. Something like taking a direct hit from a tank cannon then ripping the tanks turret off with his hands. Something that makes a GA member go "Oh, I guess he's not just a little on the strong side, he is like the Hulk". Maybe his Kurse fight in the film will do the trick.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #179
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Honestly, he already definitely *is* strong like the Hulk. He kind of grappled the Hulk in Avengers, after all. I mean, the Hulk is a little stronger, but it seemed less "Hulk is in another league" and more "Hulk is twice as big." Proportionately, Thor might even be stronger, he's just giving away 400 pounds.

I would like to see some more strength feats, though, ones unmediated by Mjolnir.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #180
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Exactly how I saw it. Blonski was the strongest human sized person to go against him, and he couldn't do it. Thor took his punches, and even staggered hulk with a few blows...I saw it definitely as where Hulk is bigger, and that thor would take him fist to fist if they were the same height

Old 06-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #181
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

You guys are also forgetting that Thor fell from 30,000 feet without a scratch and he was still conscious.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #182
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Deleted.

Last edited by Ms. Marvel; 06-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #183
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
You guys are also forgetting that Thor fell from 30,000 feet without a scratch and he was still conscious.
That reminds me of the discussions back in the Avengers forum where some people argued that he didn't hit the ground very hard because he jumped (to the side).

Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #184
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

I always wondered if that fall would actually kill him (if he stayed in the cage). I actually doubt it. I think it would have just hurt. Much like Cap falling onto that car.
Cap falling from 2-3 stories = Thor falling 30,000 feet.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #185
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, it looked to me like he didn't just jump to the side, but he took off with Mjolnir, as in flight. So its very likely he had already dampened some of his downward momentum, even if it obviously wasn't fully stopped.

I suspect the dicier issue with the fall, for anyone in the cage, is that even if they are "only" knocked out and badly injured, if this is done over water, they are also *drowning*. So anyone who has to breath at all rapidly gets screwed. I'm actually kind of vague over whether Thor needs to breath. . . but this means the Hulk would have likely been in deep ( *ahem* ) trouble if he'd actually been dropped at sea.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #186
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Well he aimed downward with Mjolnir so I never understood that rationalization, it always seemed like d people just wanted to down play it to me. Whether he cushioned his landing or not falling from 30,000, unscathed is still a huge feat.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #187
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

As long as Thor doesn't fly upward it won't affect the velocity with which he hits the ground. If he does fly upward he won't hit the ground at all since in Thor he, given the sound it made, flew faster than terminal velocity.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #188
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I guess I am all worked up about showing Thor (hell any really powerful superhuman character) using his power in spectacular and unambiguious ways because MAN OF STEEL really raised the bar for CBM's doing just that. Even his smaller and casual displays (for those who've seen it the "stike that panel" moment comes to mind) leave no doubt about what the man can do. Let's see something like that. The table flip in THOR just isn't in the same class. I wish I could see something like him wrangling (not flying through it's skull) a large beast or monster with his bare hands. Or maybe in a 3rd film him going mano y mano with Hercules? I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with Kurse. I hope Algrim has been working out his neck muscles.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #189
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

GODS we need that TRAILER lol

....to every King.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #190
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I guess I am all worked up about showing Thor (hell any really powerful superhuman character) using his power in spectacular and unambiguious ways because MAN OF STEEL really raised the bar for CBM's doing just that. Even his smaller and casual displays (for those who've seen it the "stike that panel" moment comes to mind) leave no doubt about what the man can do. Let's see something like that. The table flip in THOR just isn't in the same class. I wish I could see something like him wrangling (not flying through it's skull) a large beast or monster with his bare hands. Or maybe in a 3rd film him going mano y mano with Hercules? I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with Kurse. I hope Algrim has been working out his neck muscles.
That would be awesome

Old 06-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #191
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

I want to see Thor pick up that ship we saw in the trailer and space toss the thing into the sun.

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #192
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
I want to see Thor pick up that ship we saw in the trailer and space toss the thing into the sun.
You're asking for too much, even MOS' Superman and Avengers Hulk aren't that strong.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #193
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
If he was that powerful, then the rest of the Avengers would not have been needed to defeat Loki and his army.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #194
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're asking for too much, even MOS' Superman and Avengers Hulk aren't that strong.
Don't want to ruin the movie for any who haven't seen it so I won't go into detail, but I have to disagree here brother. I think in terms of pure tonnage to be lifted this version of the Man of Steel could pull this off no doubt. Especially if he 'keeps testing his limits'. Thor, Hulk, all the others better start hitting the gym. That's why I want a pure feat of Thor's strength alone that says, "I aint just the pretty guy with the accent, ya know."

Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #195
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I would like to see Thor stop that giant ship in it's tracks, whether it's with his bare hands or a blow from Mjolnir.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #196
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Don't want to ruin the movie for any who haven't seen it so I won't go into detail, but I have to disagree here brother. I think in terms of pure tonnage to be lifted this version of the Man of Steel could pull this off no doubt. Especially if he 'keeps testing his limits'. Thor, Hulk, all the others better start hitting the gym. That's why I want a pure feat of Thor's strength alone that says, "I aint just the pretty guy with the accent, ya know."
I know you probably have some bias, cause of your name, but there is NO WAY super man in that movie could throw one of those big ships to the sun. I'm sorry, but no way lol

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #197
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
You're RIGHT Thor's stronger

Thor HAS lifted all of Manhatten Island in the comics and WAS weakened in Avengers, that Ship we saw land on Earth was nothing really in size. lol

....to every King.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #198
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I am not going to defend my take on what I think of the difference is in strenght/power between MOS Superman and MCU Thor because A. You guys are right. I am biased towards The Son Of Jor-El (Read that with Terrance Stamp voice) and B. To go into my reasoning I have give away to much of the film and people don't come here to get detailed spoilers for MOS. (cough... gravity beam... cough) But I loves me some Scion of Asgard brothers and sisters, and I want him as powerful and bold as I've known him since I picked up most of Simonson's run in a flea market when I was a wee lad in the '90's.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #199
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah the gravity beam thing is the only thing MOS Supes did that Thor probably couldn't, other than that he didn't do much Thor couldn't. To be honest Supes and his fellow Kryptonians didn't really do much heavy lifting, they threw a few cars

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #200
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
and say, "this ship, I like it--another!"

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote