Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #751
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I just think it's sad that the X franchise is in a position where Bryan Singer is the best director it could possibly get.
You do realize that DofP starts production/filming in exactly 3 months, right? Because Vaughn's decision happened so abruptly, Singer IS the best choice to direct the film because, as I noted, he's already intimately familiar with the material.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #752
psyonic
X-Man

Filming starts in about two months, they should be announcing which actors are returning soon. Aside from McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence, were any other FC actors confirmed for the sequel?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #753
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Singer IS the best choice to direct the film because, as I noted, he's already intimately familiar with the material.
Yeah, hes been attached to DOFP from the start. The films too close to shooting to grab someone else.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #754
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Filming starts in about two months, they should be announcing which actors are returning soon. Aside from McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence, were any other FC actors confirmed for the sequel?
I think Beast was confirmed by the writer, and Havok was interviewed at one point and sounded like he wil be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind it if this new X-men film is set a year or two after First Class and Havok and Banshee (and maybe even Beast--unless they significantly improve upon the make-up job) are explained away as no longer part of the team. That's how much significance, or lack thereof, they brought to that film. That would also help in explaining the absence of Angel, Riptide and Azazel from the baddies side.
They could have def been explored better. I thought Beast was given a decent amount of time and he had his own arc. Storm and Cyclops didnt exactly bring alot either.

Last edited by def28; 10-26-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #755
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well back at Comic Con SImon Kinberg hinted at spring startdate.Plus catching fire only started filming In September.So It could be spring till Days of future past.

The first Class actors signed up for 2 sequels when they signed up for first Class.It's a question on how many characters are returning.No site lists any other besides James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence yet.That doesn't mean they are only returning cast.

Untill we know who Is directing news Is uncertain on DOFP.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #756
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

It's already been confirmed that filming on DofP starts in January.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #757
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We haven't heard anything lately on the schedule.And catching fire only started filming last
month.If they are going to keep to a January schedule It will have to be Singer who does
It.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #758
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
I actually wouldn't mind it if this new X-men film is set a year or two after First Class and Havok and Banshee (and maybe even Beast--unless they significantly improve upon the make-up job) are explained away as no longer part of the team. That's how much significance, or lack thereof, they brought to that film. That would also help in explaining the absence of Angel, Riptide and Azazel from the baddies side.
Yeah, the Brotherhood needs better mutants on the team than those guys like Quicksilver, Blob, Toad, Avalanche, etc. I suppose Emma can stay, so there can be a telepath to take on Charles. It would have to be a little longer than 2 years so it can take place in the 70s, that way it can be explained that Azazel got Mystique pregnant during that time span. I sure wish Azazel was more of a prominent character in FC, so we would have seen more of the type of man he was before he's gone in the sequel(If they choose to go that route). I can do without Havok, but I want to see Singer put Banshee to good use and Beast as well, since I've always wanted to see how he would handle those two characters. I'm also waiting to see how he handles Angel and Gambit, if he ever does.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-26-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #759
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You can't have Toad In first Class era Brotherhood.In 60's It would be hard to give magneto a son among brotherhood.Yeah they could use Blob(which would mean oriigns Is offically thrown out) and Avalanche.

Angel can't be used because of Last Stand.If he wanted to use Gambit he could but with returning characters In future and a time travler there won't be a lot of room for new characters.

Question Is will Moira,Azarel(with Vaughn gone his return becomes a question mark) Angel,and Riptide return.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #760
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Honestly have no feelings for Riptide

Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #761
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Who knows a little film will know that X-Men 2 is the best X-men movie made​​.​​Tiene que volver Singer,el es el padre de los mutantes en el cine.
Mistica in Singer's films is a million times better than First Class.Magneto, Jean, Professor X, Storm, Wolverine ..
If Bryan Singer returns we will meet with the best X-Men movie of all time.
Many mouths closed again.
If Singer is a joy again and say goodbye Vaughn.
If you put another director if we can mourn bitterly.
We know what happened with Brett Ratner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF9FW5_yDxs

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 10-27-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #762
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You can't have Toad In first Class era Brotherhood.In 60's It would be hard to give magneto a son among brotherhood.Yeah they could use Blob(which would mean oriigns Is offically thrown out) and Avalanche.

Angel can't be used because of Last Stand.If he wanted to use Gambit he could but with returning characters In future and a time travler there won't be a lot of room for new characters.

Question Is will Moira,Azarel(with Vaughn gone his return becomes a question mark) Angel,and Riptide return.
Like I said, I'd want it to take place in at least the 70's, but you're right about not being able to use Toad. I'd at least want to see Toad and the rest of the Brotherhood I mentioned in the future sequences. Toad's return would be fine, since he was going to have a fight scene with Nightcrawler in X2, but it never came to fruition.

Angel can still be used in the future scenes, even after Last Stand. He can eventually become Archangel.

And I almost forgot about Juggernaut. I'd like to see him under Singer's direction as well, so we can finally get that fight against Colossus that was supposed to be in Singer's X3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-27-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #763
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

One thing about these movies that I've never favored but have gotten over was the fact that there's not an international feel to the teams. Storm, Colossus, Banshee, Gambit, etc. didn't really have their accents. The only one that I remember having one was Nightcrawler, and it was great. No, wait, Toad had one too. I think Rogue kinda had one in X1(like Storm), but it trailed off into sounding more mainstream American in the sequels.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #764
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Why can't you have Toad in the sequel? Not that I would want that character to appear, what's to stop them from having a very young Toad or one that's about the same age as Fassbender, since it was never established how old Ray Park's Toad was. He could've been one of those mutants that age at a decelerated pace or that his mutation doesn't show his proper age. Again not that I would condone it.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #765
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Why can't you have Toad in the sequel? Not that I would want that character to appear, what's to stop them from having a very young Toad or one that's about the same age as Fassbender, since it was never established how old Ray Park's Toad was. He could've been one of those mutants that age at a decelerated pace or that his mutation doesn't show his proper age. Again not that I would condone it.
That's true, Toad does have a healing factor, so perhaps that can be adapted into slowed aging like Mystique and Wolverine as well. I'd rather him show up in the future scenes, though. After being struck by Storm's lightning, it would make sense that his healing factor ensured his survival.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #766
Angamb
Banned User

Lauren S. Donner said one week ago or so that the movie wasnt going as fast as they wanted, so it seems unlikely that the production starts on January.

I think they will start around March or so, the same as Captain sequel.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #767
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

To the poster who asked about Moira, she is in the comics DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, so I'm pretty sure she will be. In that comic she is Charles Xavier's aid, in a way, when he is called in by Senator Kelly to a hearing on mutants. The Pentagon is also involved.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #768
Angamb
Banned User

most actors of first class will be back.

Whats the point of trying to do the biggest and most epic x-men movie if they left out many actors from the prequel?

To use both casts is what will appeal to a bigger audience. The First Class lovers and the Original trilogy ones too.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #769
Project862006
Banned User

jan. start date if that is confirmed do you really think they can get hugh?

he is gonna be filming Prisoners with Jake Gyllenhaal and Melissa Leo in the beginning of 2013

Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #770
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

if they get him it will be for a cameo i'd imagine, id be suprised if he ends up as a main character so soon after the wolverine but at same time i think we need wolverine in the film to fight some sentinals in the future maybe at start of film

Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #771
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
if they get him it will be for a cameo i'd imagine, id be suprised if he ends up as a main character so soon after the wolverine but at same time i think we need wolverine in the film to fight some sentinals in the future maybe at start of film

That page is so brilliantly horrific. Would love to see something similar to that in the movie.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #772
Angamb
Banned User

I hope to see Colossus back.

Singer was the one who introduced him, and since the actor is not A-list, it will be really easy and cheap to get him again.

I'd be dissapointed if Kitty and Peter arent back

Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #773
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Need more Ellen Page as Kitty imo, but I feel it's unlikely to happen.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #774
Angamb
Banned User

They should try to be a bif faithfull to the comic arc, in term of the future scenes.

The past is different, set already on First Class, but with this well known arc being the plot of the sequel, they have a great chance to respect at least the characters of the future, so that way most of the x-men fans will be more pleased than with all the xmovies to date.

Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Colossus as the alive x-men. Is that hard to respect? dont think so.

its a win-win situation.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #775
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I hope we don't see too much of the future mutants. They already got their trilogy, and I'm much more interested in the relationships between the '60s protagonists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
You do realize that DofP starts production/filming in exactly 3 months, right? Because Vaughn's decision happened so abruptly, Singer IS the best choice to direct the film because, as I noted, he's already intimately familiar with the material.
Yeah, I know, I just think it's unfortunate that it's come to this.