The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Couldn't find any topic about this game here but wanted to talk about it and see if any others are playing.

I just got the game recently and it was pretty fun, you create a custom character that you can level up and take thru the various important storylines.

I've beaten the story and like 60% of the side missions, is there much to do after that? I'm already getting kind of bored with it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse

yeah it came out. I'm not sure if you find too many that will admit to playing it or admit they are DB Z fans. I've notice the ones that seem to dis like it are more vocal even though there are some certain posters here that have names relatated the characters as a handle here.

I'm bumping this thread cause this article below came up today.

also cause this event sounds cool too.

I'm not expecting too much though be side possible hostility. Instead of Open mindednesse but you never know maybe someone has been playing this game and has been having fun with it, and will speak up for a change. "Maybe."

oh as for me I was into the show's series when I was younger I saw it all from DB to DBGT I didn't play most of the other games that were fighters. I might get the one for the 3d's and may eventually look this one up too.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Is Going To Host An Online Martial Arts Tournament Event. August 18, 2015 . 3:58am

Dragon Ball Xenoverse is going to have a major online Martial Arts Tournament event to decide on the best player, and it’ll also come with some neat bragging right features.

Quote:
Bandai Namco got Vegeta, the Prince of Saiyans, to make an announcement for an upcoming online Martial Arts tournament for Dragon Ball Xenoverse. The trailer gives us some details on how it’ll go down.

Keep in mind that the announcement and video was made for Japan, so we’ll likely get our own announcement for the West. According to Vegeta, er Bandai Namco, they will host a training for the upcoming Martial Arts Tournament from August 19th until the 23rd.

The practice session will let you basically get a taste of the tournament, so you can get an idea of how it works. The practice “beta” session will let you take on opponents online to get ready for the main event. You can choose to go with your own custom characters or any of the other characters from the game.

From August 26th until 30th, the “Preliminary Tournament” will take place. During this phase, players will get to participate and rank up for a few das in order to make it on top of the rankings. The ranking is decided by points, and if you manage to be one of the top players, you’ll qualify for the main tournament.

Additionally, those who quality for the main event will get their names posted on the official website, along with a special item and icon next to their name for bragging rights. The main part of the Martial Arts Tournament will take place on September 5th, and will be in elimination fashion, similar to the Martial Arts Tournament from the series.

The video says that the main tournament will decide on the best player in Japan, and it’ll also be live-streamed online for fans to check out. Bandai Namco are currently planning on a second Martial Arts Tournament event as well.

Read more stories about Dragon Ball Xenoverse & PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 08-18-2015 at 08:38 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Most people talk about DBZ stuff in the DBZ thread in the TV forums.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm a DBZ fan, but I heard the servers suck on this game. That was when it was first released, though.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
zenith16
Side-Kick

Ok so this article claims the "tornament is world wide now" details below. fFor all those interested

Dragon Ball Xenoverse World Tournaments Begin. August 18, 2015 . 12:30pm

World Tournaments will begin in Dragon Ball Xenoverse starting August 18.

Quote:

Six months after its release, an additional game mode has come to Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Bandai Namco has added World Tournaments to the game. People who take part can fight one another online to see which player is the strongest.

Bandai Namco also announced two official tournaments that will be held in Dragon Ball Xenoverse in the press release. Here are the dates and times for both the beta and first official tournament.

Beta Tournament:
  • Worldwide, all platforms
  • Aug 18th, 16:00 CET to Aug 23rd, 15:59 CET
  • This preliminary tournament will be a beta, there won’t be finals for the winners of this preliminary tournament beta.
Tournament
  • Worldwide, all platforms
  • Aug 25th, 16:00 CET to Aug 30th, 15:59 CET
  • The winners of this tournament will proceed to the finals
  • Finals: Sep 12th from 13:00 CET to 15:30 CET

Dragon Ball Xenoverse is immediately available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

Read more stories about Bandai Namco & Dragon Ball Xenoverse & PC & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Xbox 360 & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 02-05-2016, 04:31 AM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Dragon Ball Xenoverse shipments top 3.13 million
Published 3 hours ago. 20 comments.

Quote:
Great success for the latest Dragon Ball console game.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse has shipped a total of 3.13 million copies, Bandai Namco announced.

The game launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC worldwide in February 2015.

Here’s the regional sales breakdown:
  • Japan – 230,000 units
  • Asia – 60,000 units
  • America – 1.78 million units
  • Europe – 1.05 million units
Thanks, Famitsu.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Bandai Namco, Dimps, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Sales

source: Gematsu

Old 07-13-2017, 03:18 AM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

Switch
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch debut trailer
Published 5 hours ago. 7 comments.

Quote:
Switch version due out in September.

Bandai Namco has released the debut trailer for the Switch version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

The Switch version offers exclusive features including Switch-specific controls and functionality (performing the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb with the Joy-Con motion controls, for example), a six-player local multiplayer mode, and the ability to use each Joy-Con individually to play the game with a friend locally.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is due out for Switch in Japan on September 7, and in the Americas and Europe on September 22. It is already available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu

Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #8
TheDarkKnight_NL
Side-Kick

Might pick it up for my Switch when it comes out.
Thanks for posting Zenith!

TheDarkKnight_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_NL View Post
Might pick it up for my Switch when it comes out.
Thanks for posting Zenith!
lol your welcome. but I sorta screwed up. this was supposed to be in the xenoverse 2 thread. ah well I'll put it there as well and let this re sink. but happy to help .