The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

View Poll Results: Do you know that Emma Stone is a natural blonde?
Yes 69 51.49%
No 27 20.15%
Maybe 8 5.97%
WHAT?!?! 28 20.90%
YOU LIE! :CMAD: 9 6.72%
I'm smart enough to realize that quality hair dye and wigs exist. 25 18.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #251
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,660
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

She was AMAZING. I think she effectively shut up the haters. I thought her portrayal was perfect. MUCH better than what we saw of Bryce in SM3

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #252
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Gwen was in SM3? All I saw was a dumb blonde.

Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #253
Gwendolyn Stacy
Nerdette
 
Gwendolyn Stacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: somewhere in Mississippi
Posts: 2,044
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwensNeckBrace View Post
I was expecting a bit more screen time from Emma, but omg I'm not complaining.
She was smart, cute, funny, badass i just wanted to jump in the screen and marry her
Yeah. I liked her, but I did kinda feel like she wasn't in the movie enough. I remember thinking,"Please don't have Peter stay away from her in the second movie and have us see even less of her." But I don't think Peter actually promised George he would stay away from her, and I think the last scene with them showed that he wasn't going to stay away from her.

Also, if they do kill off Gwen, I think the second might be too soon. Like I said above, I kinda felt like she didn't get enough screen time. I don't think they would/should end the reboot with Gwen's death. There may very well be more than three movies.

Oh, and can I have my neck brace back?

__________________
"No Harry. No Pete. Somebody is so getting The Look."
Gwen Stacy, The Spectacular Spider-Man
Gwendolyn Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #254
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The / View Post
Time will tell what the filmmakers decide to do with Gwen. I think it's pretty obvious that most everyone involved is interested in telling the "Death of Gwen Stacy" story. And they're moving in the right direction. I'm already very attached to the character, along with many other fans, so they're setting up for a real heartbreaking scene.

I would guess that her death all depends on how many films this series ends up having.

Yeah, I was telling my wife about the comic arc and she hates the idea of Gwen dying. We both loved her character and the chemistry between the two of them in this film. That will be very hard to replicate with another actress. So I hope they give a lot of thought to how they handle her death. Also if they do it in the 2nd film it will feel a little like the arc Rachel had in the Batman films. Love interest, learns his identity, dies in 2nd film. I hope they don't approach it that way. They need to remember it needs to resonate with the GA not just comic fans. Killing her too soon just to bring back MJ will irritate a lot of people especially since she's a much stronger female lead than MJ in the previous films. My wife and I both commented on how she functioned more like a side kick rather than the damsel in distress, she was intelligent, defended herself (flamethrower at Oscorp), and seemed more like a good match for Peter, similar interest in science, etc. While MJ is basically the pretty girl who he's always liked (as portrayed in the films). The girl who wants to be an actress (reminds me of Clark and Lana in Smallville). The relationship seemed more organic and believable, not contrived and angst ridden, which was a nice change of pace. Right now i have zero interests in seeing MJ again. I just want to enjoy Peter and Gwen.

Also since they've already deviated from cannon, ie Gwen doesn't know he's spider-man this soon (or possible ever in the comic). Her character here is much more like MJ from the Ultimate Spider-man comic in which he reveals his identity early on, she serves as his confidant/helper throughout the series. I'm hoping they continue to handle her that way. Just my two cents.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #255
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
She was AMAZING. I think she effectively shut up the haters. I thought her portrayal was perfect. MUCH better than what we saw of Bryce in SM3
Sad and true. BDH could have been a saving grace, but Raimi just made her a throwaway(no pun intended).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Gwen was in SM3? All I saw was a dumb blonde.
Aww come on, she wasn't dumb. It was kind of sad that her most humanistic emotion was her apologizing to MJ at the jazz club though.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #256
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,768
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Oh snap!

; )
saw what you did there. heh

seriously though, I know the poor girl has to die, but hopefully they'll give her a heroic finale like her dad.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #257
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

The relation between Gwen and Peter was really what made the movie!

Before I went to see this film, I had the thought that The Death of Gwen Stacy is something I'd really want to see.

Now I'm really not sure. Killing her could be one of the most emotional things ever seen in a film, at least in a comic book film. But I just don't want their relationship to end anytime soon!

If they have to kill her, I say do that in ASM3. I need another full movie of her!

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #258
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,660
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Sad and true. BDH could have been a saving grace, but Raimi just made her a throwaway(no pun intended).
It was a shame bc she was cute and had the right look but she had no characterization in the film and you could have just thrown any other random blonde at Peter there. I liked Bryce but they did nothing with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
If they have to kill her, I say do that in ASM3. I need another full movie of her!
You can still get that. If she dies in ASM2, its not like it will be within the first 30 minutes. She'd probably be killed towards the very end.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #259
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
You can still get that. If she dies in ASM2, its not like it will be within the first 30 minutes. She'd probably be killed towards the very end.
Yeah I know but I'd still prefer her to die in ASM3. However, with the promise Peter had to give, killing her in ASM2 would be the most effective maybe. BUT, I feel this trilogy actually needs her! I've never felt so touched by a chemistry as that between Garfield and Emma

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #260
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,660
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Yeah I know but I'd still prefer her to die in ASM3. However, with the promise Peter had to give, killing her in ASM2 would be the most effective maybe. BUT, I feel this trilogy actually needs her! I've never felt so touched by a chemistry as that between Garfield and Emma
Oh IA. I LOVE their chemistry and definetly pulling for Gwen and Peter but I think it would be very impactful and powerful to kill her off at the end of the second film. I think it could lead to great characterization for him in the third.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #261
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Oh IA. I LOVE their chemistry and definetly pulling for Gwen and Peter but I think it would be very impactful and powerful to kill her off at the end of the second film. I think it could lead to great characterization for him in the third.
Yeah you're very right! It's really tough haha! This seriously has the potential to get one of the most emotional scenes in almost any movie I feel!

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #262
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.
 
Spider-Man Luvr28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 28,073
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Recent pics of Andrew & Emma while vacationing in South Asia.




Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #263
Superman Prime
*
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,673
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

I was skeptical of her in the role pre-release (wanted to see BDH in the role again), but now that I've seen the movie, I believe Emma did a great job.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #264
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Emma Stone was placed at #5 in AskMen's Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2013. The four women who were placed in front of her were: Rihanna(4), Kate Upton(3), Mila Kunis(2) and Jennifer Lawrence(1). The top three are spot on and I think Stone should be number 4, not Rihanna. Heck, Miranda Kerr, who came in six, should have been before Rihanna.


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 12-11-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #265
Web face
Side-Kick
 
Web face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,765
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Emma Stone was placed at #5 in AskMen's Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2013. The four women who were placed in front of her were: Rihanna(4), Kate Upton(3), Mila Kunis(2) and Jennifer Lawrence(1). The top three are spot on and I think Stone should be number 4, not Rihanna. Heck, Miranda Kerr, who came in six, should have been before Rihanna.
I really don't find Rihanna that desirable. I'm surprised she made it to top 5.

Web face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #266
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,940
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man Luvr28 View Post
Recent pics of Andrew & Emma while vacationing in South Asia.



emma's amazing. but the poor girl needs to be allowed to sleep... not have photo's taken at like 5am when she's been on a plane all day

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #267
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.
 
Pfeiffer-Pfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,605
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

She still looks amazing...

__________________
Michelle Pfeiffer:
I swear she's destined for the screen...
http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #268
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,570
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Not her best photo IMO. Looks like she could do with some good cleaning up. This is considering she's seen as one of the hottest most desireable women on the planet. Or maybe I just have different tastes...

I do think it is sad however that whenever people posted candids of Kirsten out and about people did nothing but bash her down and call her horrible names and this was the accepted behaviour because she is what..? Too sensitive? Too arty, too thoughtful and bohemian so therefore isn't looked at as attractive by the masses. Emma slaps on a ton of make-up and acts hyper-goofy in interviews and suddenly she is this unique goddess to the masses. It just shows that people just follow what seems to be popular at the time rather than use their own brain as to who is putting in noteworthy performances these days.

Sorry, this isn't a reflection of Gwen or Emma's performance. I think she did very well in the part. But I kinda refuse to believe she is this super articulate super strategic and oscar deserving actress in hollywood. Like her movies are so important the world must bow down to her. When to me, she is a hip-happening cute-stylish young actress who is in movies to give 10 year old boys their first crush and teenage girls a style icon. Nothing more than this.

WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #269
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oscorp
Posts: 1,965
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Not her best photo IMO. Looks like she could do with some good cleaning up. This is considering she's seen as one of the hottest most desireable women on the planet. Or maybe I just have different tastes...

I do think it is sad however that whenever people posted candids of Kirsten out and about people did nothing but bash her down and call her horrible names and this was the accepted behaviour because she is what..? Too sensitive? Too arty, too thoughtful and bohemian so therefore isn't looked at as attractive by the masses. Emma slaps on a ton of make-up and acts hyper-goofy in interviews and suddenly she is this unique goddess to the masses. It just shows that people just follow what seems to be popular at the time rather than use their own brain as to who is putting in noteworthy performances these days.

Sorry, this isn't a reflection of Gwen or Emma's performance. I think she did very well in the part. But I kinda refuse to believe she is this super articulate super strategic and oscar deserving actress in hollywood. Like her movies are so important the world must bow down to her. When to me, she is a hip-happening cute-stylish young actress who is in movies to give 10 year old boys their first crush and teenage girls a style icon. Nothing more than this.
Tl;dr

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #270
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran
 
DerSpider-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Augusta Vindelicorum
Posts: 3,974
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man Luvr28 View Post
Recent pics of Andrew & Emma while vacationing in South Asia.


I love that Andrew is sporting spidey colors in that pic

__________________
DER SPIDER-BLOG
The latest news, the hottest rumors and the most secret insider information on the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe!!
DerSpider-Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #271
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

And Emma is sporting black...as in death...as in signifying the death of Gwen

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #272
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,079
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And Emma is sporting black...as in death...as in signifying the death of Gwen
If you look closely, there appears to be something...in her eye.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #273
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
If you look closely, there appears to be something...in her eye.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #274
Web face
Side-Kick
 
Web face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,765
Default Re: The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

^you know, reading UltimateWebHead's post and seeing that picture together, it kinda seems like Venom is trying to make a troll face

Web face is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.