The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #76
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sleeping Dogs

Dude those case file missions were awesome, now that's what I'm talking about, actual detective work!

KingMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #77
zenith16
Side-Kick

Square Enix Produced A Live Action Sleeping Dogs Fight

. August 6, 2012 . 4:34pmSleeping Dogs from United Front Games and Square Enix is clearly inspired by Hong Kong crime movies. Coming full circle, Square Enix hired Machinima to make a live action Sleeping Dogs film.

source:siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #78
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Square Enix Produced A Live Action Sleeping Dogs Fight

. August 6, 2012 . 4:34pmSleeping Dogs from United Front Games and Square Enix is clearly inspired by Hong Kong crime movies. Coming full circle, Square Enix hired Machinima to make a live action Sleeping Dogs film.

source:siliconera
That was nothing short of spectacular. That's how Batman should fight in the reboot. Without the stabbing and car dooring of course :P HIGHER THESE GUYS SOMEBODY!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #79
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Can't wait to play this next week. Game looks amazing.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #80
zenith16
Side-Kick

New video interview on Cop and triad points which leads to being on oneside of the law more then the other if you do certain things/ actions often. An obvious new spin on consequences and re playability.

Previews

Sleeping Dogs Overview with Producer Dan Sochan

Jose gets new details on the characters, story, and multiplayer of the open-world crime game Sleeping Dogs from producer Dan Sochan

Shows

August 7 – EP Daily – Full Show

We find out how the Bourne series is being reborn with a behind the scenes look at The Bourne Legacy; Jose gets new details on the characters, story, and multiplayer of the open-world crime game Sleeping Dogs from producer Dan Sochan; Briana has Full Metal Jacket, Spaceballs, and more new Blu-rays in the Sonar; Jose catches up with PlanetSide 2 senior art director Tramell Isaac to get intel on the design and gameplay elements of the sci-fi MMO; Miri meets the lead actors of the controversial indie movie Compliance; and finally, Shaun takes a look at the toys and in-game attacks coming to Skylanders Giants.

source: EPD.TV

The game come out next week. or as they said "you can let Sleeping dogs lie. "

Last edited by zenith16; 08-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #81
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Th Smile Re: Sleeping Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Can't wait to play this next week. Game looks amazing.
Agreed man

ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #82
zenith16
Side-Kick

(42 minutes ago)

On August 14, United Front Games will finally launch its open-world action adventure, Sleeping Dogs. The developer hit a few speed bumps along the way, but is ready to pull off the covers on officer Wei Shen's infiltration of the Hong Kong underground, right here on Joystiq.

From 11am until noon PDT (2-3pm EDT), Joystiq will stream gameplay from the PC version of Sleeping Dogs. Risking life and limb from his own undercover operation, Senior Producer Jeff O'Connell will join the Joystiq crew to discuss development, answer questions from viewers, and watch Shen kick some serious derriere.

Follow Joystiq on Twitch to ask your question during the stream, or watch the feed after the break and ask your questions in the comments. Continue Reading

JoyStream: Sleeping Dogs with senior producer Jeff O'Connell [Update: Stream is over]

(1 hour ago)

On August 14, United Front Games will finally launch its open-world action adventure, Sleeping Dogs. The developer hit a few speed bumps along the way, but is ready to pull off the covers on officer Wei Shen's infiltration of the Hong Kong underground, right here on Joystiq.

From 11am until noon PDT (2-3pm EDT), Joystiq will stream gameplay from the PC version of Sleeping Dogs. Risking life and limb from his own undercover operation, Senior Producer Jeff O'Connell will join the Joystiq crew to discuss development, answer questions from viewers, and watch Shen kick some serious derriere.

Follow Joystiq on Twitch to ask your question during the stream, or watch the feed after the break and ask your questions in the comments.

Update: The stream is over, stay tuned for the recap video!

ok the replays up
JoyStream: Sleeping Dogs with senior producer Jeff O'Connell [Update: Watch the video replay!]

(2 hours ago)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

here's an alternate in case I didn't do it Right
  1. 49:29
    Sleeping Dogs with senior producer Jeff O'Connell

-- Replay of our live Joystiq Stream from Twitch.tv/Joystiq by joystiq | 41 minutes ago | 7 views

Follow Joystiq on Twitch to ask your question during the stream, or watch the feed after the break and ask your questions in the comments.

Update: The stream is over, watch the replay above!

source: Joystiq's you tube

man that shortest stream ever. but at least you all can see the replay of it.

Last edited by zenith16; 08-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #83
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Have any reviews come out yet?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #84
zenith16
Side-Kick

review's usually come out during or after the week of release. these days usless the game review site/ show/ mag has been sent the game early. I'll put them up when I see them.

here some news on the pc version from GT as well.

Sleeping Dogs

Developer Diary: PC Version

Sleeping Dogs' Community Manager speaks about the features and capabilities of the PC version of the game, which include 60 fps at 1080p, the inclusion of DX11 features, an HD texture pack and more.

Here are the minimum requirements and PC specs for Sleeping Dogs.
Quote:
Minimum:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: 10GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
DirectX: 10
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB
Hard Disk Space: 15GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
DirectX: 11
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

As a bonus, if you pre-order the game on Steam, you'll receive access to eight items from the Team Fortress 2 Triad Pack, which includes a King of the Hill map inspired by Sleeping Dog's Hong Kong setting.
from
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ter-on-pc.aspx

source:GT & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 08-08-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #85
KingMadness
Side-Kick

A UK magazine gave Sleeping Dogs a 9. I want this game so bad but cant get it until the 19th.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #86
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I hate the fact that my Gamefly account ended last week and I don't have money to pay for another month.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #87
zenith16
Side-Kick

I'm sorry to hear that Spidey ville. That freaking stinks.

Ok last night EPD.tv broke the news on "cop and triad points" which joystiq fallowed up on today's with their stream to day which you can watch the replay of via youtube . It's 4 posts above and it's in the last part/ bottom half of in that post which links to it.

Now here's more from them on the environments, of sleeping Dogs. All part of "Waking the dogs week".

Features

The Environments of Sleeping Dogs

Scott finds out how the makers of Sleeping Dogs brought the mean streets of Hong Kong to life with art director Hani Ghazaleh.

Shows

August 8 – EP Daily – Full Show

We go behind the scenes of The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis; we interrogate the stars of The Bourne Legacy for more intel on the spy film; Jose has DC Universe Online Legends, Spider-Man, and more new comics in the Sonar; Scott finds out how the makers of Sleeping Dogs brought the mean streets of Hong Kong to life with art director Hani Ghazaleh; we’ve got three fun iOS applications that will make your summer way cooler in The App Map; and finally Jose shoots up all the details on Bullet Run with senior designer Iain Compton.

source: EPD.tv

That's the pic of scott's interview with director Hani Ghazaleh in the full show.
Or you can let "Sleeping dogs lie "as they said last night in Jose' interview.

Last edited by zenith16; 08-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #88
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Game looks insane!

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #89
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I want to like this....I reallly do. I think it looks amazing. But the whole gang storyline thing is just so boring to me :/

Old 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #90
TheBat812
Side-Kick

When is this out?

TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #91
KingMadness
Side-Kick

August 14th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPGb...eature=g-all-u

I love the chase scenes in this game, and this only looks like the first one so it's simple but still so fun looking I CANT WAIT! Nobody knows how much I've always wanted to role play as a Hong Kong action star ever since watching Jackie Chan, John Woo, Bruce Lee and Jet Li when I was younger. This game is a dream come true.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #92
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I know I'll be tuning into this.
Quote:
IGN Live Presents: Sleeping Dogs
Join the Triad a bit early.

Next Tuesday, August 14, the open-world action game Sleeping Dogs will send us all into the criminal underworld of Hong Kong. But you can get an early look during IGN's live stream on Friday, August 10.

What: Sleeping Dogs Live Stream
When: Friday, August 10, 2-4PM Pacific
Where: Right here.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-sleeping-dogs

Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #93
KingMadness
Side-Kick

I'm there

Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #94
zenith16
Side-Kick

Features

The Development Hurdles of Sleeping Dogs

Scott catches up with Sleeping Dogs senior producer Jeff O'Connell for an overview of the game's many hurdles, including how the developers lost their original publisher.

Shows

August 9 – EP Daily – Full Show

Jose tracks down David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, and the rest of the lead cast of Grimm to get early details on season two; we sit down with X-Men and Valkyrie director Bryan Singer to learn more about his web series H+: The Digital Series; Briana has The Bourne Legacy, The Campaign, and more new movies in the Sonar; Scott catches up with Sleeping Dogs senior producer Jeff O’Connell for an overview of the game’s many development hurdles; Shaun possesses Devil Seed lead actress Michelle Argyris for all the gory details on the demonic horror movie; and finally, Jose enters the ring with pro wrestler Sheamus to get his take on the new video game WWE ’13.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Sleeping Dogs Producer, Jeff O'Connell, walks us through a mission in the final act of the game and shows off the game's driving mechanics.

source : EPD.tv & GT

yeah GT's is in spoiler tag's for a reason.

Last edited by zenith16; 08-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #95
zenith16
Side-Kick

Previews

The Character Design of Sleeping Dogs

Scott finds out how United Front Games created the characters of the new crime game Sleeping Dogs..

Shows

August 10 – EP Daily – Full Show

We catch up with the makers of Jaws for a look back at the legacy and impact of the film just in time for its Blu-ray debut; we get our final behind the scenes look at The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis; Shaun has the latest Modern Warfare 3 content and more handheld and downloadable games in the Sonar; Miri uncovers all the intel on the realistic air combat game Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII; Shaun tracks down the director and the stars of the quirky indie comedy Moon Point; and finally, Scott finds out how United Front Games created the characters of the new crime game Sleeping Dogs.

skip to 18:46/21:50 on the player for this one if your that impatient. They a separate video during the weekend. so you can't watch that if you don't want to bother with the full show.

Awesome Sleeping Dogs Trailer Looks Like Its For A TV Crime Drama

August 10, 2012 . 11:30amYou probably want to watch this!

Source: EPD.TV & siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 08-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #96
zenith16
Side-Kick

Sleeping Dogs DLC Packs Planned For The Next Six Months

August 13, 2012 . 11:17amSquare Enix announced that they have plans to support the game with additional content via DLC for the next six months.

source: siliconera

Old 08-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #97
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Ugggghhhhh I can't wait to pick this game up tomorrow, it sucks my Gamestop isn't having a midnight release for it

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #98
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

yea i paid mine off in full today. so stoked

ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #99
BattleCat
Side-Kick

This game looks great, but I am really worried about the driving mechanics. They look worse than GTA: Sa.... and that was a ps2 game.

BattleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #100
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
yea i paid mine off in full today. so stoked
Oh yeah? Well, I'm off on Wednesday, so once I pick it up tomorrow, I have all of the following day to run thru it

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote