The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #276
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Lol, yeah.

Tony did torch a few guys in that escape though. How they wouldve survived that, Im not sure.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #277
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
well, the guy who was shot in the face (by himself) in the escape scene? darwin award winner!
And I think he blew a couple to high heaven with the Mark 1 flamethrower haha

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #278
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Bottom line - these guys aint whiter than white, even if they are on the side of the angels!

Dont **** with them.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #279
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Has the Hulk ever killed in TIH?
I mean, of course many soldiers were seriously injured but I can't recall any deaths.
The Hulk might be the only MCU hero so far who is above killing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
There was one soldier in the Brazlian factory who I can only think would have been torn in half when he got sandwhiched [and then pulled along] between machinery and the huge water/boiler tank that Hulk was pushing.

Hulk had a pretty high body count in TIH. Not only did he kill the one soldier in the factory, but he also killed or seriously injured all but one of the thugs who chased Banner and quite probably every other soldier besides Blonsky. It's impossible to imagine that all of them survived being thrown through walls and crushed by machinery.

When they got to Culver University Hulk had to have killed a number of the soldiers who attacked him on the ground, as well as the entire crew of the attack helicopter he brought down. He picked up vehicles with soldiers inside and battered them to pieces, and jumped onto the trucks hitting him with sound waves and destroyed them with soldiers inside. Hulk attempted to kill Blonsky when he kicked him into a tree. The only reason he didn't kill Blonsky outright is because of Blonsky's enhancements. Hulk certainly didn't know that Blonsky would survive that blow.

In addition to all of the on-screen kills, Ross mentioned that Hulk killed several people when he was on the run, including civilians. He may have killed one or more scientists when he first hulked-out, too. So far from being above killing, Hulk actually deliberately killed or injured many people, and some of those were individuals he had no excuse for killing.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #280
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Hulk had a pretty high body count in TIH. Not only did he kill the one soldier in the factory, but he also killed or seriously injured all but one of the thugs who chased Banner and quite probably every other soldier besides Blonsky. It's impossible to imagine that all of them survived being thrown through walls and crushed by machinery.

When they got to Culver University Hulk had to have killed a number of the soldiers who attacked him on the ground, as well as the entire crew of the attack helicopter he brought down. He picked up vehicles with soldiers inside and battered them to pieces, and jumped onto the trucks hitting him with sound waves and destroyed them with soldiers inside. Hulk attempted to kill Blonsky when he kicked him into a tree. The only reason he didn't kill Blonsky outright is because of Blonsky's enhancements. Hulk certainly didn't know that Blonsky would survive that blow.

In addition to all of the on-screen kills, Ross mentioned that Hulk killed several people when he was on the run, including civilians. He may have killed one or more scientists when he first hulked-out, too.So far from being above killing, Hulk actually deliberately killed or injured many people, and some of those were individuals he had no excuse for killing.
Like who? You can't use the "Ross said" defense because Ross was purposefully trying to make Hulk out to be a rampaging monster. Unless proof is furnished in other films I think it's a safe bet that Hulk as only killed people who attacked him first.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #281
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Bottom line - these guys aint whiter than white, even if they are on the side of the angels!

Dont **** with them.

I was initially shocked by the number of terrorists Iron Man killed, but that was the realistic way to portray it. Stark didn't indulge in that ridiculous palaver about "not sinking to their level." Soldiers and cops kill, when it's warranted. Most of Marvel's superheroes are very much in the soldier/cop mode, and they act accordingly.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #282
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

That's how I see it - imagine someone doing that "not sinking to their level." thing in real life; 9 times out of 10 the person that they've just elected to spare would respond either by killing them or killing someone else, somewhere down the line.

Either way it's a death/s that couldve been avoided if a little 'real world' common sense and ethics are applied. I'm not saying that I'd like to see our heroes taking enjoyment from killing or anything, but the whole 'no killing' thing is a lovely and romantic notion which doesnt fly.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #283
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Also, even if hulk didnt purposefully kill someone, people still die from destruction he causes. Like if he hulks out and starts destroying a room, people may die from debris and whatnot.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #284
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Also, even if hulk didnt purposefully kill someone, people still die from destruction he causes. Like if he hulks out and starts destroying a room, people may die from debris and whatnot.
And theirin lies the entire point of the hulk.

mightiest_mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #285
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

For some reason I expected Hunger Games references to pop up now that the movie came out.

I just want to say this though ..... Jennifer Lawrence really looks like she knows how to hold and draw a bow .....

Lots of archers in media right now. Hawkeye, Hunger Games, Pixar's Brave, and the upcoming Green Arrow tv pilot.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #286
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post
For some reason I expected Hunger Games references to pop up now that the movie came out.

I just want to say this though ..... Jennifer Lawrence really looks like she knows how to hold and draw a bow .....

Lots of archers in media right now. Hawkeye, Hunger Games, Pixar's Brave, and the upcoming Green Arrow tv pilot.
Archery is romanticized combat, like fencing. People drool all over that stuff.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #287
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightiest_mortal View Post
And theirin lies the entire point of the hulk.
Basically what most writers have tried to maintain is that Hulk rarely aims to murder someone in cold blood, just stop them from messing with him or someone he considers a friend. If that rampage does kill them, it's usually involuntary. Ultimate Hulk is the only one that actually goes out with the intent to kill people.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #288
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Basically what most writers have tried to maintain is that Hulk rarely aims to murder someone in cold blood, just stop them from messing with him or someone he considers a friend. If that rampage does kill them, it's usually involuntary. Ultimate Hulk is the only one that actually goes out with the intent to kill people.
Yeah exactly. Hulk is usually a force of good, but if he's really angry, he is a force of destruction and smackdowns

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #289
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Personally, i think that Marvel Studios were planning on making Norton's Hulk into a similar version of the Ultimate's Hulk where he would be more menace than heroic in future installments, especially with the avengers.

I even remember reading a interview by Lou saying that if they didn't get a hulk sequel before the avengers, then Hulk would have been made into a threat that the Avengers would have to deal with. Again, glad that Joss didn't go that route.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #290
mara
Super Mole

Ultimate Hulk entertained me the most, hehe. But I like what Joss is doing so I'm good.

mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #291
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post

And that's why Whedon reacted so strongly when asked if Hulk in The Avengers was going the Ultimate route. If Marvel put serial killer/cannibal/rapist Hulk on screen the character will never recover from it. We'll never see an incestuous Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in any other medium for the same reason.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #292
Green Day
Side-Kick

Hawkeye is from my college town. I just found that out this week.

Green Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #293
Nightwing 52
Things change

Old 03-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #294
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yeah exactly. Hulk is usually a force of good, but if he's really angry, he is a force of destruction and smackdowns
Hulk always makes me remember a line from The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe(there referring to Aslan) where the children ask someone if he's safe and they reply that of course he's not safe....but he's good. That's pretty much the Hulk. He's not safe and very often he's not all that nice but he generally sides with the good guys/side.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #295
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post

And dont forget The Hobbit.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #296
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

After posting the Black Widow model in that thread, thought I'd keep you up to date here..

Here's the WIP Hawkeye.

It IS WORK IN PROGRESS..
He doesnt have his arrows here and the bow isn't threaded.
I really think I need to rework his face quite a bit too. He's looking a bit sad and needs to be a little more like Renner.

What y'all think?

mightiest_mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #297
Superwhat
Side-Kick

Hey guys check out this Hawkeye Hunger Games parody I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGTYnAJH_b4

Superwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #298
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
That's how I see it - imagine someone doing that "not sinking to their level." thing in real life; 9 times out of 10 the person that they've just elected to spare would respond either by killing them or killing someone else, somewhere down the line.

Either way it's a death/s that couldve been avoided if a little 'real world' common sense and ethics are applied. I'm not saying that I'd like to see our heroes taking enjoyment from killing or anything, but the whole 'no killing' thing is a lovely and romantic notion which doesnt fly.
I agree, that whole "not sinking to their level" idea is just so stupid and unrealistic.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #299
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I agree, that whole "not sinking to their level" idea is just so stupid and unrealistic.
Agreed.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #300
Nova2113
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
great point.... not sinking to their level can get you killed

Nova2113 is offline   Reply With Quote