"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #552
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
How many arrows does his quiver actually hold? I understand it is a movie and he needs to run out at a certain point, but it just seemed odd how long it did last.
IT HAD TWO SEPERATE GROUPS IN HIS QUIVER. THERE WERE A COUPLE SCENES WHERE HE PULLED ARROWS OUT OF THE DEAD CHITAURI AND REUSED THEM. WHEN THOR SAID HE HAD UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH LOKI AND HAWKEYE SAID "GET IN LINE" HE WAS TAKING THE ARROWHEADS OFF THE USED ARROWS AND REPLACING THEM IN HIS QUIVER

-DOOM

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #553
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Ummm.... "LIKE"..... x100000!!! *lol* Well put
:-) Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
How many arrows does his quiver actually hold? I understand it is a movie and he needs to run out at a certain point, but it just seemed odd how long it did last.
Not sure how many he had, he had a full quiver when it started, but he could've pulled some out from the dead guys and re-used as we've seen him do a few times onscreen. And he did ran out well before the whole battle (on the ground) ended. I think he's spent a significant amount of time recovering from that landing.

TheHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #554
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I think Hawkeye being a bad guy early on really let us see how badass he was.
I agree. He came off as the Boba Fett of this movie. He may have had little screen time but what he had was memorable and left enough of an impact. He was the surprise badass of the movie. Without him Loki's plan wouldn't have been as successful as it was. He caused a LOT of damage for just some guy with a bow and arrows. I would've loved to see an encounter between him and someone like Cap or Iron Man but his fight with Black Widow meant so much more.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #555
bonzob2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
He wasn't really developed at all, unless you count being developed into a mindless zombie and knocked out to get back development, which I don't. Exposition about what a character did in the past isn't really good character development.
I know, remember the USS Indianapolis speech in Jaws? Totally didn't reveal anything about Quint's character to hear that exposition about what he did in the past. Nope, nothing whatsoever.

bonzob2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #556
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Jeremy Renner was a great pick. Made the most of what he had.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #557
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Hawkeye was great. Probally the coolest character in the entire movie. A quiet badass. Kind of like another archer in a popular t.v. show.

The high tech bow and arrow as his choice of weapon was pulled off wonderfully. I enjoyed the diversity of his arrowheads and the controls on the bow itself. He even used the bow to complement his fighting style against BW.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #558
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

After this movie, I really want to see more of Renner's Hawkeye, as well as ScarJo's BW. However, I don't know if Marvel would let them spin off in their own solo movies, but I guess there's a good chance these two will appear in Cap 2.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #559
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

Hawkeye is like the Bobba Fett of Avengers. Stoic, silent, but looks bad a$% and has great screen presence. He does not have too much screen time but he made an impression every time he is on screen. He's turning into a cult favorite and I love that.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #560
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
Hawkeye is like the Bobba Fett of Avengers. Stoic, silent, but looks bad a$% and has great screen presence. He does not have too much screen time but he made an impression every time he is on screen. He's turning into a cult favorite and I love that.
Interesting that people are starting to define Hawkeye as the stoic quiet badass....Boba Fett, as you and others have said, or maybe a certain other Clint.

Which is interesting to those of us who know the comic book character, because Comic-Book Clint Barton is really a helluva lot more like Movie Tony Stark than Comic-Book Tony Stark is.

I don't have a problem with that, though. If Hawkeye continues his career with the Avengers (as he should), being the strong silent type gives him a good niche within the group that nobody else can lay claim to (yet).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #561
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I love wise-ass Clint in the comics, but it might have been too much if he was wise-cracking during The Avengers. We had Tony doing plenty of that. Might have seemed like a bit excessive

Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #562
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Interesting that people are starting to define Hawkeye as the stoic quiet badass....Boba Fett, as you and others have said, or maybe a certain other Clint.

Which is interesting to those of us who know the comic book character, because Comic-Book Clint Barton is really a helluva lot more like Movie Tony Stark than Comic-Book Tony Stark is.

I don't have a problem with that, though. If Hawkeye continues his career with the Avengers (as he should), being the strong silent type gives him a good niche within the group that nobody else can lay claim to (yet).
Agreed, the comic book version of Clint Barton is a lot like Movie Tony Stark, but it would've been too much if both Stark and Hawkeye were tossing out quips left and right. and since Stark was already established as such, they kept it.

It makes sense for Hawkeye to be the stoic badass, it reflects his codename at least a bit. When Loki turned him, you can tell he's direct and no-nonsense, more like "give me the target, I'll go after it" , also when Hill asks him who Loki is, Barton says "didn't ask." and moves ahead. whether that was a result of Loki's control or a bit of his dark past coming through, we can't only guess at this point. that's why we need a gorram Hawkeye movie.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #563
Savage
Earth Rocker

Funny thing is this Hawkeye is exactly like Ultimate Hawkeye. The stoic badass thing was always his deal. Especially after the death of his family. In fact wisecracking Tony Stark is more of an Ultimate thing too. Lots of Ultimate influence for these characters. More than I originally thought. The movies are a wonderful mix of both worlds.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #564
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Hawkeye was still as much of a smart ass as he is in the comics. The difference is that he's not jokey, he has a sarcastic delivery. Examples of smart-assery "Get in line" "You and I remember Budapest very differently" "Want me to slow him down sir, or are you sending in more guys for him to beat up?" and others...

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #565
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHawkeye View Post
Agreed, the comic book version of Clint Barton is a lot like Movie Tony Stark, but it would've been too much if both Stark and Hawkeye were tossing out quips left and right. and since Stark was already established as such, they kept it.

It makes sense for Hawkeye to be the stoic badass, it reflects his codename at least a bit. When Loki turned him, you can tell he's direct and no-nonsense, more like "give me the target, I'll go after it" , also when Hill asks him who Loki is, Barton says "didn't ask." and moves ahead. whether that was a result of Loki's control or a bit of his dark past coming through, we can't only guess at this point. that's why we need a gorram Hawkeye movie.
I thought Selvig's assessment of "The Hawk" was a little telling, too, in the very early first lines of the movie. Selvig seemed genuinely creeped out by his quiet attitude.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #566
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

Quote:

I know that Clint is a smart-ass in 616, I think the stoic quiet bad ass is more Ultimates based (never read the entire thing to be honest). And even now that the 616 Hawkeye has adapted the look of the movie Hawkeye, he is still a wise ass in the 616 comics.

Maybe now that the writers at Marvel has seen the film, a more stoic and loner Clint may be adapted in the comics as well. I was never a big fan of 616 Clint, I only started to love him due to his Avengers movie portrayal. He was portrayed as the sniper of the team, the eye of the team in battle. I wouldn't mind a Clint-Natasha relationship in the comics as well, but Nat is getting it on with Bucky presently.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #567
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I am glad they didn't do the cliche kiss considering the "will they or won't they?" thing he and BW have going on. I'm sure it'll be addressed in future flicks or "prequels."

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #568
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

Quote:
I thought Selvig's assessment of "The Hawk" was a little telling, too, in the very early first lines of the movie. Selvig seemed genuinely creeped out by his quiet attitude.
Yeah. Always up in his nest brooding and looking at every thing you do, that's kinda creepy and it immediately made me like the character. It's so different from 616 Clint who is too jokey for my taste.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #569
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I am glad they didn't do the cliche kiss considering the "will they or won't they?" thing he and BW have going on. I'm sure it'll be addressed in future flicks or "prequels."
It felt like a real and deep friendship, like they know each other better than anyone. They're both loners, that's why their connection seemed so strong.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #570
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I wonder if Hawkeye's like that because he's just lost his whole family or something equally bad just happened in his life? He's up there, brooding, essentially, when we first see him. He was slightly different in Thor (from the tiny cameo that we had anyway), so it's likely something has happened between Thor and The Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Hawkeye was still as much of a smart ass as he is in the comics. The difference is that he's not jokey, he has a sarcastic delivery. Examples of smart-assery "Get in line" "You and I remember Budapest very differently" "Want me to slow him down sir, or are you sending in more guys for him to beat up?" and others...
THIS! plus the "Better call it Coulson, cuz I'm starting to root for this guy" line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Funny thing is this Hawkeye is exactly like Ultimate Hawkeye. The stoic badass thing was always his deal. Especially after the death of his family. In fact wisecracking Tony Stark is more of an Ultimate thing too. Lots of Ultimate influence for these characters. More than I originally thought. The movies are a wonderful mix of both worlds.
I never got to read most of the Ultimate Avengers comics, can't find everything down here. :-/ And didn't Hawkeye do a leap off a building in the Ultimate Hawkeye too (granted he went after the Cap, I think. (or am I remembering it wrong) ?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #571
T"Challa
Side-Kick

One thing i disliked was his fight with black widow. She was injured ind limping from the pipe landing on her leg, however she kinda wiped the floor with him. I know BW is badass and all but she shouldnt be able to dominate like that in a fight against Hawkeye, especially not on 1 and a half legs

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #572
jacobed
Banned User

I loved how sarcastic and bad ass he was.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #573
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

I do wish he was developed a bit more with more screen-time and dialogue (that wasn't apart of the brainwashing), but I liked how he was handled in the film. We got to see how skilled he was, which is very important when you've got a regular man paired with extraordinary men. The quiet loner vibe was a good way to go.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #574
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I feel that, even though his screen time wasn't as much as the others, I don't think he was shortchanged at all. I think the movie knew how much time they needed to spend on certain characters and he definitely should've been the one that remained vital to the movie while not stepping in anyone's spotlight as he's a brand new character.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #575
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
One thing i disliked was his fight with black widow. She was injured ind limping from the pipe landing on her leg, however she kinda wiped the floor with him. I know BW is badass and all but she shouldnt be able to dominate like that in a fight against Hawkeye, especially not on 1 and a half legs
Actually she should. Hawkeye (at least in the comics and apparently in the films too) doesn't stand a chance against Black Widow on his best day. This woman can take on both Captain America and Wolverine because of her sheer skill. Hawkeye is good hand to hand but he's not THAT good.

She took on 3 armed men tied to a chair. A limp is not going to slow her down.