The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #651
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Are you kidding? I think I learned more about Hawkeye in one movie than I did about Legolas in three. Letting a character have more action scenes and deliver plot moving lines, devoid of personality, is NOT developing a character.
Definitely learned more about Hawkeye here even when he was on the Dark Side. We learned a lot in the less than 15 minutes he was on screen. people tend to think more screen time = more character development . Not necessarily. Joss Whedon handled that rather well, here. I was against Renner not being on screen as much at first, but then it made sense after a few more viewings. Things fell into place, and it's the final battle that really showed off what a badass he is for a puny human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No he doesn't.

We need to see more off.

He's just a human and he kicks just as much ass as superheroes in both the movie and comics. What's does that tell you?

One thing.

He's a freaking badass.
He is a badass.. especially when he shoots one of the alien things down without even looking that way. He had plenty of action sequences in the final battle, even if he got KOed earlier than the rest because he ran out of arrows. Criticize all you want, but that man is pretty good with that bow and arrows. I don't get the hate for his choice of weapon.

plus, when he jumped off a building, the look on his face was one that told a lot as well. it was mixed between fear & desperation (the eyes) determination and "oh crap, did I really just do that?" , which just solidifies the fact that he's human, but he's not afraid to go a step further and do what needs to be done. I mean he didn't even call for backup from others, well aware they're all occupied , he just took cover himself, even if he did land not in the best of ways when he crashed through the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Random freaky Jeremy Renner photo. I just love this man's face and all the great expressions he comes up with.

That's not as freaky as this:

TheHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #652
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Geeze, you think he's freaky in that photo, just watch Dahmer. Guy gave me the creeps for years from watching that one role he did. That's when I realized how fantastic of an actor he is, when his very small role still haunts you years later. I guess Prometheus is right, big things do have small beginnings!

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #653
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He knows you're there. He knows who you are.

That is why I liked him being cast as Hawkeye. He may not be superpowered, but if you were alone in a room with any of the Avengers, even the Hulk, he'd be the one that would probably freak you out the most.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #654
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Geeze, you think he's freaky in that photo, just watch Dahmer. Guy gave me the creeps for years from watching that one role he did. That's when I realized how fantastic of an actor he is, when his very small role still haunts you years later. I guess Prometheus is right, big things do have small beginnings!
Oh geez... Dahmer was CREEPY to the max. Renner is good at that.

Even with Hawkeye, yeah, he was onscreen for less than 15 minutes, but he made every minute count and left a hell of a mark on the audience. I watched an interview with him, saying he probably wouldn't play Hawkeye if he was super powered; but since he's just a regular guy with a skill set and a dark past... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
He knows you're there. He knows who you are.

That is why I liked him being cast as Hawkeye. He may not be superpowered, but if you were alone in a room with any of the Avengers, even the Hulk, he'd be the one that would probably freak you out the most.
Yup. now there's a scene I'd like to see at some point. That and Hawkeye needs more time with the other guys (aside Black Widow); I want to see those relationships develop.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #655
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I really like the idea of Hawkeye being in Cap 2. If they don't give him his own movie or a SHIELD movie, then that's the next best thing!

Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #656
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Random freaky Jeremy Renner photo. I just love this man's face and all the great expressions he comes up with.

Nice pic!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #657
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Poor Hawkeye. I saw Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and someone else all mock the character this week.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #658
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Poor Hawkeye. I saw Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and someone else all mock the character this week.
This is why he needs his own movie. to shut all those folks up...

and

Just saying'....

Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #659
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Please.... Let's not associate a cool character with a crappy, overused Skyrim meme.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #660
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Please.... Let's not associate a cool character with a crappy, overused Skyrim meme.
Thank you.

I'm the biggest Hawkeye fan in the world, but I actually facepalmed at those pictures.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #661
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, the entire comedian type shows are mocking all of the Avengers, from the broadcast to the cable line up. They are doing it because The Avengers is getting positive reactions from the masses, and they think it's the "in" thing to do, trying to bring positive things down. As other movies are released, expect the same thing. Snow White and the Huntsman, ASM, TDKR, all will be the butt of their stupid jokes.

What happen to the comedians like Johnny Carson where the jokes had class.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #662
TheHawkeye
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah , well see, my bad there. I've not played Skyrim, so didn't quite get that reference when posting those. My apologies.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #663
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Skrull!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #664
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHawkeye View Post
This is why he needs his own movie. to shut all those folks up...

and

Just saying'....
First time I've laughed at this meme in a long time. Probably because they're true. lol The demotivational thing is a little much, though.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #665
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Actually, the entire comedian type shows are mocking all of the Avengers, from the broadcast to the cable line up. They are doing it because The Avengers is getting positive reactions from the masses, and they think it's the "in" thing to do, trying to bring positive things down. As other movies are released, expect the same thing. Snow White and the Huntsman, ASM, TDKR, all will be the butt of their stupid jokes.

What happen to the comedians like Johnny Carson where the jokes had class.
They weren't insulting the show to be mean, but they're paid to make topical humor about what's going on. TA being the biggest movie opening ever makes it a prime target. I don't mind. Stewart wasn't insulting the film or team, just the one character.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #666
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

^^Heh. Exactly. No movie or character is above getting joked on. It's just not that serious.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #667
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
They weren't insulting the show to be mean, but they're paid to make topical humor about what's going on. TA being the biggest movie opening ever makes it a prime target. I don't mind. Stewart wasn't insulting the film or team, just the one character.
I actually like the jokes even if they are on Avengers' expense, because they'll only do that to something that is popular and on the pubic's conscious right now. It means that Avengers is becoming a cultural phenomenon and more awareness is always good.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #668
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess you haven't watched the other shows, because all of the "comedy" shows are taking jabs at all of the Avengers, and they are doing it just to be cool. It's OK, I'll still take Johnny Carson or George Carlin over anybody on TV today. Like I said, they were actually funny.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #669
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I never saw a meme about an arrow to the knee before...haven't the foggiest idea what anything Skyrimm is....and thought the pics posted here were funny.

So, it seems it isn't too overused afterall.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #670
jacobed
Banned User

They are pretty overused. That stupid phrase is everywhere.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #671
Forever MS
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I never saw a meme about an arrow to the knee before...haven't the foggiest idea what anything Skyrimm is....and thought the pics posted here were funny.

So, it seems it isn't too overused afterall.
No, it's plenty overused. Just because it's not that common on the Hype doesn't mean it isn't relentlessly overused everywhere else on the internet.

Forever MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #672
warhorse78
Side-Kick

So, the parts where Hawkeye is nailing his target without looking at it, people think it's because he's using the reflections on the windows to see instead of actually looking at the target. What do you all think?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #673
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever MS View Post
No, it's plenty overused. Just because it's not that common on the Hype doesn't mean it isn't relentlessly overused everywhere else on the internet.
But this is the Hype. I don't care what is used all over the internet everywhere else. This is the site I spend most of my time at. This is the site I moderate. This is the site I care about. Complaining that someone is using a meme (that is used on other sites) too much, when it is hardly used at all here.....is useless complaining to me.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #674
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Wall Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
But this is the Hype. I don't care what is used all over the internet everywhere else. This is the site I spend most of my time at. This is the site I moderate. This is the site I care about. Complaining that someone is using a meme (that is used on other sites) too much, when it is hardly used at all here.....is useless complaining to me.
I'm not complaining with my comment, I just found it facepalm worthy. Even more-so because he didn't shoot anyone in the freaking knee. Why would Hawkeye shoot someone in the knee, when he can just put an arrow between their eyes?

And it's not just other sites. The phrase is everywhere. College, work, facebook, ... everywhere. It's died down a bit now that Skyrim is older, but it was definitely one of the most talked about things for the longest time. I don't even play Skyrim and I heard it (and read about it) non-stop.

If you type "arr" in youtube, the first thing that comes up is "arrow to the knee" -- over even Arrested Development.

Machinima (home of many popular web-shows) even made a song about it. That goes along with about the 20852828500258 user songs to go with it.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #675
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm not complaining with my comment, I just found it facepalm worthy. Even more-so because he didn't shoot anyone in the freaking knee. Why would Hawkeye shoot someone in the knee, when he can just put an arrow between their eyes?
As punishment for making fun of him instead of outright killing someone over a crack.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote