The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #26
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Loki's army

I found a review of an interview on a site. In an Empire Magazine interview Kevin Feige squashes both the Kree and Skrull arguments.

"Who said they were aliens?" he teases. Beings from the Nine Realms, then, ventures Empire? "Closer...It's not Skrulls, I've been clear about that. Beyond that, we want to hide it. The identity of the alien race is not impactful. It exists in the comic books, but we're not setting up the Kree-Skrull war or anything like that."

Someone told me to look up Alpha Centaurians and I admit, they could be a very plausible fit. But we will find out.

No matter what the Avengers win because they have a Hulk!

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #27
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I found a review of an interview on a site. In an Empire Magazine interview Kevin Feige squashes both the Kree and Skrull arguments.

"Who said they were aliens?" he teases. Beings from the Nine Realms, then, ventures Empire? "Closer...It's not Skrulls, I've been clear about that. Beyond that, we want to hide it. The identity of the alien race is not impactful. It exists in the comic books, but we're not setting up the Kree-Skrull war or anything like that."

Someone told me to look up Alpha Centaurians and I admit, they could be a very plausible fit. But we will find out.

No matter what the Avengers win because they have a Hulk!
That quote, btw, does not squash the Kree rumors at all. He states flatly that it's not the Skrulls, but he does *not* say it's not the Kree. He only says they're not setting up the Kree-Skrull war (because Skrulls are not in it, as he stated). Doesn't mean the *Kree* aren't in it; just that if they are in it, they won't be fighting Skrullies.

....Oh, and filmmakers have been known to lie. *koff*talia al-ghul *koff*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #28
spider_rob
Banned User

Has anyone brought this up? It seems the enemies are the Skrull. The figure design matches the freeze frames from the trailer.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53500

spider_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That quote, btw, does not squash the Kree rumors at all. He states flatly that it's not the Skrulls, but he does *not* say it's not the Kree. He only says they're not setting up the Kree-Skrull war (because Skrulls are not in it, as he stated). Doesn't mean the *Kree* aren't in it; just that if they are in it, they won't be fighting Skrullies.

I'd rather see the Kree instead of the Skrull anyway, they're much more badass.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
Aztec
Side-Kick

I agree that this needs it's own thread. The main thread moves too fast, covers too many topics, and is often completely off topic to allow for such a specific discussion.

As for the army I hope it is the Dark Elves. I think that would be totally different and bad@$$. I'd like the idea of then fighting a quasi-fantasy race of creatures. I'm kind of over the Skrulls personally. Also the creatures in the trailer look nothing like Skrulls.

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
toisa
New User - Level 0

Since Fox doesn't own the license for Skrulls, only the Super Skrull, I would say it's pretty reasonable to assume that there will be some Skrull @sskicking in this movie!

Last edited by toisa; 02-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.
toisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #32
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Loki's army is one of the most interesting aspect of this movie (IMO.), I think that it will have many aliens like Frost Giants, Skrulls and creatures from other realms plus midgard serpent- Jormunder.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #33
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i'm hoping for a big mixture of races, some awesome cameos of creatures

Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #34
Lord
All Mighty

They stated before that they were criminals from the nine realms and space, in his early stories Thanos had assembled the worst criminals of the universe as his goons, maybe that's Loki's army

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #35
darthmagic
Side-Kick

I said it before and i'll say it again

Ultimate
The Ultimate Marvel imprint title Ultimate Fantastic Four features an alternate universe version of Thanos who is the ruler of Acheron, a vast empire consisting of thousands of worlds that exist in another plane of existence.[36] His son is Ronan the Accuser, and is in possession of a Cosmic Cube.[37]

According to the ultimate timeline Thanos once owned the cosmic cube but it was lost to him. If Thanos knew of the Cosmic cube being on earth i'm sure he would want nothing more than to grant Loki an Army to recover it. The fact that Acheron consists of thousands of words could be the excuse needed to bring in various creatures in Loki's army. In addition i'd love to see them bring in Ronan the accuser as the son who leads the army along side Loki.

IT is the easiest way to explain the motivation, vastness and diversity of Loki's army.

darthmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

You raise an interesting point darthmagic.

I have often wondered that if Thanos is in the movie, will he be the 616 version or the Ultimate version.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toisa View Post
Since Fox doesn't own the license for Skrulls, only the Super Skrull, I would say it's pretty reasonable to assume that there will be some Skrull @sskicking in this movie!
Again; where is it stated that Fox doesnt own the liscense for movie Skrulls? If they own the rights to the FF franchise, then shouldnt that include Skrulls, Kree, etc.?

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #38
darthmagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
You raise an interesting point darthmagic.

I have often wondered that if Thanos is in the movie, will he be the 616 version or the Ultimate version.

Marvel made a big point of showing the Infinity Gauntlet at Comic Con. I believe Thanos is in this movie, but only as a reference and maybe a cameo.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #39
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Again; where is it stated that Fox doesnt own the liscense for movie Skrulls? If they own the rights to the FF franchise, then shouldnt that include Skrulls, Kree, etc.?
Here

http://www.chud.com/20263/comic-con-...e-the-skrulls/

Quote:
‘Will the Skrulls be the villain in The Avengers?’ I asked.

Feige gave me one of those looks he’s good at giving and just said, ‘We do own them.’
I don't think it gets clearer than that

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
The Morningstar
Banned User

Wouldn't it be cool if these "Generals" in Loki's army are characters we know from the comics? Like say, Blastaar or Ravenous or Ronan.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #41
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

it's also not as complicated as everyone thinks it is, vague and confusing.

they don't own the rights to...... for example:
-Fox doesn't own Dr Doom or Super Skrull cause they happen to mostly fight the F4 all the time, or
-Sony having Green Goblin cause up until the last few years he fought mostly Spidey. (If so Sony could try and make a case for Kingpin)

There are lists of who has what, that is there are according to The Almighty Feige

Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #42
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

IMO, the Kree and Skrull are pretty big, and since he said the "identity of the alien race isn't impactful", although they are in the comics, still leads me to believe they won't be either.

Sure, he could be lying, but I think I'll take his word for it. If I'm wrong, we'll still get a kick a** movie and that's all that matters in the end.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #43
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Here

http://www.chud.com/20263/comic-con-...e-the-skrulls/

I don't think it gets clearer than that
Then that's excellent! And hopefully they own the Kree and Inhumans as well. Would love to eventually see Captain Marvel and Carol Danvers appear in an Avengers sequel!

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #44
darthmagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if these "Generals" in Loki's army are characters we know from the comics? Like say, Blastaar or Ravenous or Ronan.

I think this is the plan. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Ronan type Character (Kree), High Evolutionary (Knights of Wundergore) Annihulus (Annihilation wave), Kurse/Malkeith (Dark Elves) General Zedrao (Skrulls).

Now that's what i call overwhelming odds

Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #45
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmagic View Post
I said it before and i'll say it again

Ultimate
The Ultimate Marvel imprint title Ultimate Fantastic Four features an alternate universe version of Thanos who is the ruler of Acheron, a vast empire consisting of thousands of worlds that exist in another plane of existence.[36] His son is Ronan the Accuser, and is in possession of a Cosmic Cube.[37]

According to the ultimate timeline Thanos once owned the cosmic cube but it was lost to him. If Thanos knew of the Cosmic cube being on earth i'm sure he would want nothing more than to grant Loki an Army to recover it. The fact that Acheron consists of thousands of words could be the excuse needed to bring in various creatures in Loki's army. In addition i'd love to see them bring in Ronan the accuser as the son who leads the army along side Loki.

IT is the easiest way to explain the motivation, vastness and diversity of Loki's army.
Ugh, and this is why I hate the Ultimates line. For one, why would Thanos lend Loki an army to retrieve the Cosmic Cube? He'd go and get it himself.

Secondly, Thanos has a son and it's Ronan the Accuser? Umm... Thanos is from Titan. Ronan is a Kree. They're two completely different races. Moreover, the very idea of Thanos having children is completely antithetical to his very nature. He worships Death! He's not about to go around creating new life. I mean, geeze, he even said so himself once in the comics. As he said to Nebula, who'd been running around claiming to be the granddaughter of Thanos...

Quote:
"To claim that Thanos, Death's truest servant, would drop progeny! Now that is truly unforgivable."

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Could the Avengers handle all that for one movie including Loki/Gems/Cube/leviathan?

Would be a great idea though, have an army, but have one or two recognizable names.

Hope Whedon hints at this.

Neo_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #47
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
i'm hoping for a big mixture of races, some awesome cameos of creatures
Like I said ASIF, All Star Invasion Force.

- Well then, how about we do this the right way for once?

- Well I have the Elder Scrolls Online. My life among human society is officially over now.
Godzilla2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
darthmagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Ugh, and this is why I hate the Ultimates line. For one, why would Thanos lend Loki an army to retrieve the Cosmic Cube? He'd go and get it himself.

Secondly, Thanos has a son and it's Ronan the Accuser? Umm... Thanos is from Titan. Ronan is a Kree. They're two completely different races. Moreover, the very idea of Thanos having children is completely antithetical to his very nature. He worships Death! He's not about to go around creating new life. I mean, geeze, he even said so himself once in the comics. As he said to Nebula, who'd been running around claiming to be the granddaughter of Thanos...
Dude are you serious? Why would Thanos come to backwater pathetic planet like Earth? That's like the Queen of England running out to the corner in her night gown to buy a newspaper. Completely beneath her. Thanos would send his generals and Loki with some soldiers and a few ships to 'retrieve' it and take over earth and it's technologically inferior race.

Secondly, why are you bugging out over Thanos being shown differently than other versions. Comics have various versions of characters all the time. There are various forms of the hulk, Iron man, Spider-Man and the like. This is just another version of Thanos. If Thanos really worshiped death then why have an Army at all?? Why not kill every living thing he encounters? Better yet why does he not just kill himself as the ultimate gift to death? Wouldn't he be with her forever then?

Thanos has a son, his name is Ronan, because the writers wanted it to be so. Let it go bro

Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #49
The Morningstar
Banned User

I gotta say, Thanos having a child is a dumb idea, alternate universe or not.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmagic View Post
Dude are you serious? Why would Thanos come to backwater pathetic planet like Earth? That's like the Queen of England running out to the corner in her night gown to buy a newspaper. Completely beneath her. Thanos would send his generals and Loki with some soldiers and a few ships to 'retrieve' it and take over earth and it's technologically inferior race.
Thanos goes wherever he has to go to achieve power. He's not some royal priss in a nightgown. He has no problem whatsoever with getting his hands dirty. Moreover, sending people to capture something which has the ability of granting near-infinite power is beyond stupid, as the person who retrieves it can then claim the power for themselves. That's especially a cause for concern when you have someone as ambitious as Loki going to retrieve it for you. And Thanos of Titan is not a moron.

Quote:
Secondly, why are you bugging out over Thanos being shown differently than other versions. Comics have various versions of characters all the time. There are various forms of the hulk, Iron man, Spider-Man and the like. This is just another version of Thanos. If Thanos really worshiped death then why have an Army at all?? Why not kill every living thing he encounters? Better yet why does he not just kill himself as the ultimate gift to death? Wouldn't he be with her forever then?
Because Death asked him to kill half the living beings in the universe. If he started with himself than his kill count would be pretty low below the mark, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Thanos has a son, his name is Ronan, because the writers wanted it to be so. Let it go bro
It just serves as another reminder why the Ultimate comics suck. This is the universe where they had Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have an incestuous relationship and made Hulk a cannibal. The Ultimates has practically no redeeming qualities to it. If they're going to take anything from the comics for Thanos in the films, then they should look to the 616 universe, which is where all his best stories are told (and there are SO MANY great Thanos stories to choose from). And in the 616 universe, Thanos and Ronan are members of two completely different species and are no relation to each other whatsoever, and Thanos has no children, period, because Thanos of Titan does not drop progeny.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote