The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #101
Casius--J
Web Master

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
there HAS to be something we can do. if a bunch of whiny gamers can ****** and moan about a stupid ending to a stupid video game and get the company to announce they will create a new ending why can't we do something about TSSM?
Probably because those gamers are their target audience/customers so they have to make the effort to appease them. With animated shows they have the luxury to fall back on that the people complaining are not the core audience and its financially better for them cater to them ie. toys, games etc.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #102
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

After quite some time of wanting to watch episodes of TSSM again, but watch something alternative I saw Identity Crisis, so much light fun and the episode passed quickly

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #103
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

http://sillybilly13.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d50325s

Ah, what could have been. Wonder if Hobby would have participated in the Gang War, with Norman leaving the gangs of New York without a boss, I wonder if Kingsley would have tried to pick up the pieces of Norman's lost criminal empire.

Hey, does anyone know if Hammerhead's driver was someone from the comics? With a bunch of obscure characters like Dilbert Trilby it's hard to know, she didn't have any lines, but she showed up quite a bit.

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #104
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
http://sillybilly13.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d50325s

Ah, what could have been. Wonder if Hobby would have participated in the Gang War, with Norman leaving the gangs of New York without a boss, I wonder if Kingsley would have tried to pick up the pieces of Norman's lost criminal empire.

Hey, does anyone know if Hammerhead's driver was someone from the comics? With a bunch of obscure characters like Dilbert Trilby it's hard to know, she didn't have any lines, but she showed up quite a bit.
Ah, man. That is nice, the one comment there takes the words right out of my mouth; we were that close to getting the Hobgoblin mystery animated. One of my favorite villains and we only got a taste of his alter ego in one episode, I'm thankful for that at least but damn did I want to see the Hobgoblin.

I've also wondered about Hammerhead's driver. I don't believe she ever had a speaking role so she was never named in the credits, was she? I wonder if anybody's ever asked Mr. Weisman on Ask Greg?

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #105
Jostru
Side-Kick

I still can't believe that they cancelled this show. It was the best Spider-man show thus far.

The character development was splendid. All the characters were given enough time to grow and were introduced well on time. (Eddie Brock, Gwen Stacy,...)
Yes, the changed a few characters their origin, but it worked perfectly. The pace of the show was great. Everything happened at the right time and you never felt bored. You always wondered what was going to happen next. The humor was great as well. Especially Spidey's one-liners were well done.

I don't know what those geniuses were thinking when they agreed to cancel this show and decided to replace it with the atrocity known as 'The Ultimate Spider-man'. It was the biggest mistake ever.

One thing that has caught my eye, regarding 'The Ultimate Spider-man' however:
Quote:
-As Much as people are complaining about the show, they do not address their complaints to anyone. AgentX believes that if enough people wrote to Marvel and the show producers about how much they hate the show, then chances are higher for the show to be fixed or cancelled and replaced by a better Spider-man show.
Link

I know there is little chance that they will ever bring back 'The Spectacular Spider-man', but this seems to be the only hope there is. Too bad it will never happen...

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #106
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick

As I stated in another thread I had reservations about this show when it started. The art style was not quite my cup of tea but the strong voice acting and storyline more than made up for it. I even liked the theme. I hate it when shows end on a cliffhanger or have loose threads. Noooww well I want rant about the sucessor show here. That's on another thread.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #107
strugler
Hadoken

If you hate Ultimate spiderman show and wants something more like spectacular spidey, please let Joe quesada know.

I talked to him and he told me that he feels people love ultimate since only couple guys tweeted him about how much they hated the show.

Complaining on message boards achieves nothing!

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD PEOPLE!!!!

If you want this ***** ultimate spidey cancelled and replaced by something like spectacular then write to Joe Quesada and to Marvel. Below are twitter accounts for Joe Quesada, MArvel and Paul Dini. As well as facebook page for Man of action.

Joe Quesada's Twitter

Paul Dini's Twitter

Brian Michael Bendis Twitter

Marvel Twitter

Man of Action FB page

strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

One thing I don't like about this show is how Peter acts in relationships, he's a d***
Gwen kissed him, he dated Liz, and what followed isn't nice
It's lucky for both of them that Gwen stayed with Harry

- ran by great folks
Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #109
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
One thing I don't like about this show is how Peter acts in relationships, he's a d***
I wouldn't say that. He was a massive idiot, sure, but not that. He had no malice about it. Unlike the jerkass that dresses up like Spidey in USM.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #110
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
I wouldn't say that. He was a massive idiot, sure, but not that. He had no malice about it. Unlike the jerkass that dresses up like Spidey in USM.
Ok, he was a massive idiot, but why be bothered with USM guy and involve him in the discussion?

- ran by great folks
Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #111
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok, he was a massive idiot, but why be bothered with USM guy and involve him in the discussion?
Ahem... he wasn't a dick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrNh8b9QQc8

Sarcastic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #112
varsas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gwen kissed him, he dated Liz, and what followed isn't nice
It's lucky for both of them that Gwen stayed with Harry
He's just a naive teenage boy. He suddenly has this female attention so it's goes a bit to his head and quite frankly most teenage boys' heads would be turned if an attractive cheerleader wanted to date them. If he were more of a confident character in his private life then he might well have acted on that kiss from Gwen but instead he is swept along by Liz.

varsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #113
varsas
Side-Kick

For those that have yet to buy the series in the UK, iTunes have finally put back season 1 episode 2! Both seasons are priced at 3.99 and that's an absolute bargain!

varsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #114
MrWayne
Risen...

Quote:
Only one response? Make that two and let the fiesta begin

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awesome intro!!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #115
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

For those that don't have DVDs of the series....

I bought the complete season one a while back....but could never find any discs with season two....then yesterday I found all of season two at Wal-Mart. They had both seasons there.....

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #116
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Wait, the complete season two is out now and not just individual DVD volumes?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #117
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Wait, the complete season two is out now and not just individual DVD volumes?
Not as far as I know....there were 4 separate disc packages that had all of season 2 on them. I hadn't seen them before...if you guys had already seen them out, sorry for the old news....but it was new to me.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #118
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
there HAS to be something we can do. if a bunch of whiny gamers can ****** and moan about a stupid ending to a stupid video game and get the company to announce they will create a new ending why can't we do something about TSSM?
I wouldn't compare a vocal minority getting their way with a likely hour-long DLC pack to getting a third season of a long-replaced Marvel cartoon back in the works.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #119
bullets
bang bang

I picked up volume one at Walmart today. I should of given this show a chance sooner. It's better than I expected and now my favorite Spider-man animated series. I like how they dove right into Parker's world and integrated a lot of the characters early on. Also I like the balance of humor and action.

I'm definitely going to buy the rest of the series. I found out when I got home that season one can be bought together but you still have to go with the volumes for the second season.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #120
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I've only just recently seen this show, I've watched the first 3 episodes. After watching Wolverine and the X-Men I thought Marvel animation will not get better than this but after watching just 3 episodes of TSSM I gave to say it did get better cause this is the best animated Marvel show to date. This is my Spidey he's funny, slick and well Spectacuar just the way I like him.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #121
Leenie
Make Up!

Been revisiting The Spectacular Spider-Man, and ... Le sigh. It's a CRIME that it got canned. I love this show so much. As a lifelong Spidey fan, it was an absolute joy to watch.

I personally think it's the best Marvel cartoon series to date ... Yes, I love it more than the classic 90's X-Men show (and that's really saying something).

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #122
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

The new show is just adding insult to injury.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #123
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Wal-Mart is blowing out their S2 volumes, it seems.. they had them priced at $6 tonight, so I obliged them and picked up all 4 I figure Sony will probably never release a full S2 set anyway.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #124
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Makes me wish that they would just continue the series on DVD,or maybe even release some new ones that way.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #125
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

Indeed...Or atleast have Greg tell us what his ideas were for season 3...so we had some sort of closure.

One thing this show di REALLY great was introduce the villains WAY before they actually get in costume. It sort of establishes a world that is just beginning. Super powered people are just now starting to emerge, where every other Spidey toon I've seen, Spidey is showing up late in the game and a few of his supervillains have been around long before he showed up.

Also, when you really look at someone like Eddie, his story rivals a villain from BTAS. While he's generally a good guy, who does have morals, he does have some problems that started to slip out as the season went on. His parents died when he was young, he was bounced around from foster home to foster home as a child, and not being wanted obviously has affected him to the point where he's become very petty and relies on a parasite to "love" him. So much to the point that he forces himself to hate Peter/Spider-Man just to keep the symbiote which is just using him to feed off of his negative emotions. From his last appearance, it seems that he doesn't even know why he hates Peter anymore...he forces himself to. I remember wondering why he didn't just put two and two together of Peter's little mishaps when the symbiote first showed him the truth behind Spider-Man. However by Identity Crisis, I'm sure he understood why Peter seemed to be screwing people over...he just doesn't care anymore. He truly is a broken man...although he's only 19, you can't help but feel sorry for him.

Last edited by Mistah K88; 07-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote