The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #26
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

the teaser or trailer will have a lot CGI. by that time MOS will be around 6 months in post production.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #27
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I think Sndyer will want to show that this movie is different from his previous movies by showing no CGI and no slow mo shots.

*\S/T*
Old 02-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #28
ComptonTerry90
Banned User

Hopefully. You just reminded me I was watching Watchman just the other day and was thinking about that exact thing. WAYYY overused the slow motion crap. Its a great movie overall, one of my top 7 cbm probably, maybe more, but the guy needs improvement. Nolan and Goyer will help with the story and original twists tremendously so we dont end up with another extremely disappointing Watchman ending.....

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #29
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

There are some moments when the slow motion is a GOOD thing.

I mean, you gotta love the bit in 300 where Leonidas kicks the messenger into the pit. Or in Legend of the Guardians where Soren is flying through the rain. Or even as The Comedian is thrown through the windoww of his apartment in Watchmen.

Where it gets annoying is in the middle of fight scenes, when it actually feels like someone is mucking around with the play/pause button.

And this is obvious in Watchmen's jail fight scene, a few scenes in Sucker Punch and the Guardians attack scene in Legend of the Guardians.

Like REALLY obvious.

That's what he needs to adress.

I don't mind a slow motion shot of Clark soaring through the air for example. But if he keeps doing slow motion punches and kicks in a fight scene I'll be watching with gritted teeth.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #30
ComptonTerry90
Banned User

I agree. I didint say remove it completely, he juts over uses it to the point were its nothing special. It was like every single fight scene. I never saw 300, I heard to many bad things about it. One of these days I may get around to it if I ever remember but all Ive seen with Synder is Watchman and I am impressed except for the few things Ive said. He has more potential than most

Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #31
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptonTerry90 View Post
I agree. I didint say remove it completely, he juts over uses it to the point were its nothing special. It was like every single fight scene. I never saw 300, I heard to many bad things about it. One of these days I may get around to it if I ever remember but all Ive seen with Synder is Watchman and I am impressed except for the few things Ive said. He has more potential than most
I love 300, so I'd very much recommend it.

Both it and Watchmen have been in my top twenty films before I even knew they were from the same director.

But I guess that just shows how much I love Snyder's style.

Sucker Punch I also really love, but conceed that in terms of the substance, it lacks something. It's a flawed idea.

But it still has that Snyder element, that makes it feel like a work of art, not just a story.

And Legend of the Guardians is just a wonderful children's story, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, and is in places just fantastic visually. Really really beautiful.

I'll be really curious to see how MOS comes out. I mean, he's said it's the one movie he would make look 'real world' as opposed to his usual fantasy settings, but I'm still wondering if there will be moments we'll notice 'this is a Snyder film'. And whether or not those moments will be positive or negative.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd recommend Dawn of the Dead as well. I know some people love the original but Snyders remake is a lot better in my book. A damn great movie.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'd recommend Dawn of the Dead as well. I know some people love the original but Snyders remake is a lot better in my book. A damn great movie.
That's the one Snyder film I haven't seen, and really should. Problem is, I can't stand Zombie movies. I find them really tedious

But it's the closest thing he's done to a 'real world' setting really, and I'd like to see what his early work was like

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #34
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

You should definitely check it out. I for one loved it.

Then again I love the zombie genre so there's that.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #35
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Be careful if you're one of those who find the plausibility of a Zombie Apocalypse ever happening to be like zero, then the cynic in you will make catty, sarcastic comments through the whole thing. At least that what my friend did when we all first watched it in theaters.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
That's the one Snyder film I haven't seen, and really should. Problem is, I can't stand Zombie movies. I find them really tedious
The only tedious thing is the main girl. Everything else is awesome in one way or another.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #37
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Never heard of the site either but I think the teaser will in all likelihood be with TDKR.
Since the date for Dark Knight Rises was announced people have been speculating that it will be with TDKR. Websites, forum dwellers, blogs...

I think WB is going to not do it out of spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Dunno about that site.

And an almost CGI-less teaser from Snyder? Well, why not?
Yeah...

Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #38
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

IIRC, I remember hearing people say that the SR trailer would be attached to BB. Then it wasn't.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Dunno about that site.

And an almost CGI-less teaser from Snyder? Well, why not?
They need to save all the CGI money shots for the 2-minute theatrical trailer, silly.

July 2012 seems like a good date to start promoting the film. Although it seems to virtually confirm the June 2013 date.

Although if it does come out this year (and could be, with all the date shifting WB's done in the past few weeks) -- it's still a good date to start promoting it. Two possible scenarios:

- If it comes out December 2012, I expect that the full-length trailer will debut with Skyfall or Breaking Dawn 2.
- If the June 2013 date holds, then a bigger teaser to come out December with The Hobbit with more CGI shots. Then the full-length trailer to debut with Pacific Rim or Star Trek 2. (I would think more studios would vie for an April 2013 release, aside from that Evil Dead remake.)

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #40
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptonTerry90 View Post
It makes sense. Its all WB. Of course it might not happen, but it should probably be expected. I said this in TDKR forum Ill say it hear, WB will probably have a very similar campaign for MOS that they have had for Bats. Teaser in July, than in the winter some kind of second trailer thats just really a longer teaser, than a period of secrecy.....than around May of next year things really kick off with big news. Something along the lines of that formula.
Back to formula...?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

I’m a big SR fan. But I would concede that Singer’s approach to the flying scenes (with a few notable exceptions) was somewhat “minimalist” – a fixed camera, linear flight, etc. (Donner did the same. But there, technology was the limiting factor.)

The fact is… nowadays many fantasy characters can fly. So Supes really needs to stand out from the crowd – to knock our proverbial socks off. Despite the risk of complaints, I say Snyder should “over direct” the flying – go all artsy and fancy and slo-mo (at least occasionally). In other words, Snyder should be Snyder.

Other heroes may fly. But audiences need to be reminded that Superman invented it – that he owns the sky.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't know if this is cool or not but here's an article I wrote on some ideas for a new Superman animated series to be done for when the new film comes out:

http://simplysupermanbatman.wordpres...imated-series/

If I'm not supposed to post this here I'm sorry

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Never heard of the site either but I think the teaser will in all likelihood be with TDKR.
Yeah I'm pretty confident of that, thing is alot of Superman/DC fans are gonna go see TDKR so it'd be stupid not to have the teaser with it.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #44
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

But WB is stoopid.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #45
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
IIRC, I remember hearing people say that the SR trailer would be attached to BB. Then it wasn't.
the only reason Nolan's movies can have a teaser so fast is because he is using a lot practical effects on sets. thats why BB had a teaser in the summer. SR was still filming in summer 2005.

MOS will be almost 6 motnsh in post production when TDKR is realesed. the trailer will have a lot money shots. lets move on.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #46
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I don't know if this is cool or not but here's an article I wrote on some ideas for a new Superman animated series to be done for when the new film comes out:

http://simplysupermanbatman.wordpres...imated-series/

If I'm not supposed to post this here I'm sorry
Good read. Is that your site?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Good read. Is that your site?
No its jrd550's site on here

Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #48
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
No its jrd550's site on here
Nice. I like it. I actually think I've been on it before.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #49
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Nice. I like it. I actually think I've been on it before.
Sorry its not his site his is www.justicebulletin.com my heads been in the clouds today. Its my pal Adams who does the worlds best podcast. I write most of my articles for the JB but do the odd one for SSB.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #50
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post

But it's the closest thing he's done to a 'real world' setting really, and I'd like to see what his early work was like
You're kidding. That, for me, is the biggest proof that Snyder can do a good job with Superman. That movie makes me even more confident than Watchmen, honestly, and I'm not even a big zombie guy. One day I was zapping while the thing I was watching was in commercials, when I happened to catch DOTD. It pulled me right in and I completely forgot about the other thing. It proved to me that Snyder can do compelling narrative, which I didn't really get out of the Gahoole movie, frankly. If he makes MoS that kind of movie, where the story just gets you and you're not just waiting for the good bits you saw in the trailers, I'll be happy.

Now, I'm not saying it's better than the original, which I haven't even watched. But I'd say it's Snyder at his best.

Closed Thread