Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #101
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Cosmic Book News gets all the hot scoops.
Sarcasm?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #102
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Indeed.

I’m a thorough skeptic. And I luvs when a fake story gets publicly debunked.

But in the spirit of skepticism… The scene description is “confirmed” as fake because Adams and Traue weren’t at the Edwards AFB location. And we know they weren’t there because…. someone on Cosmic or FB says so…?

If you are variety or finke debunk away if you are cosmically movies or man of steel fake book then no

Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #103
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
If you are variety or finke debunk away if you are cosmically movies or man of steel fake book then no
If that means that conflicting dubious sources cancel each other out and take us back to square one… then I agree.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #104
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
If that means that conflicting dubious sources cancel each other out and take us back to square one… then I agree.
Well nuke the fridge has actually broken stories in the past, one dealing with man if steel I think. If that is what u mean.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #105
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Nuke the fridge gets all the hot scoops.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #106
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Deja vu

Old 02-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #107
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Main reason i hope this film does well is so we can get a sequel with an UNUSED villian. Lord knows if this bombs and they try another reboot they will reuse Lex Luthor.

Im hoping for Brainiac with Lex pulling the strings from behind-the-scenes
2008. it looked like the SR sequel will not happen. everyone said that after they reboot again we will get a new villain that was never in a superman movie. BOOM.

enough is enough

Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #108
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

There is still the possibility of a secondary threat. We actually know surprisingly little about the films plot.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #109
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Deja vu
Sad attempt at meme.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #110
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Well nuke the fridge has actually broken stories in the past, one dealing with man if steel I think. If that is what u mean.
Oh, I find the NTF story reasonably plausible… inasmuch as we know the production did go to Edwards. Moreover, the expansive location and its access to military “props” suggests a big action sequence (even if much is added later as cg) involving Superman (as opposed to CK) as well as military characters. But all that can be more-or-less deduced; not sure it counts as a “scoop.”

Old 02-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #111
Stoic
Ron Swanson Protege

Cosmic didn't technically debunk it. They got their info from the MOS2013 (unofficial) Facebook page/Twitter Feed. So take that for what it is worth.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #112
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Thankfully..that description was confirmed to have been false.

Anyways; I'm wondering if they'll release a new; up-to-date Superman related Documentary, similar to how they did for SR with "Look up in the Sky". I mean, there has been a good amounts of things that has changed for the Superman world since then.

The New 52 Continuity (something that i'm not a fan of by the way)...the unfortunate reception that SR had received after it's premiere...Smallville having finally concluded after a 10 year run, and now the restart of a new franchise completely free from anything that would have held it down from past films.

Morrisons Action Comics run is very good. So is Batmans run, Wonder Womans books and Aquamans books IMO.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #113
Stoic
Ron Swanson Protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Morrisons Action Comics run is very good. So is Batmans run, Wonder Womans books and Aquamans books IMO.
Agreed. Only wish the Perez Superman title was as good as the Morrison run. Aquaman was a surprise to me how entertaining it has been so far.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Here's to hoping, on a random note, that after MOS premieres, that it'll be considered one of, if not, the best Origin story for a superhero within recent times.lol

Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #115
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's to hoping, on a random note, that after MOS premieres, that it'll be considered one of, if not, the best Origin story for a superhero within recent times.lol
That's one thing I hope too I have to admit to been a little scared of the box office mind as SR's like it or not left a bad taste in peoples mouths and the GA might just think this is just another Superman film. I really hope it can make a good amount of money so that we can get even better sequels and bring bigger audiences too.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #116
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That's one thing I hope too I have to admit to been a little scared of the box office mind as SR's like it or not left a bad taste in peoples mouths and the GA might just think this is just another Superman film. I really hope it can make a good amount of money so that we can get even better sequels and bring bigger audiences too.
Nods; I think that the WB is really hoping that the film makes more than SR did especially, and goes past the 400 Million dollar mark.

Unlike the Marvel Studios film, this may be Superman's last chance for awhile to make a comeback on the big screen. If this interpretation fails to impress audiences and fans alike like the last one, then it's reasonable to assume that Warner Bros. may put the character on hold from the big screen for a very long time.

And honestly, if the teamwork of Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan..with all of the cast involved can't make this film into a success, I'm honestly not sure on who could within the foreseeable future.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #117
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That's why the first trailer will be so important. It will really have to leave a mark showing that this is no longer loose sequels to the Donner films.

It will really have to stand apart from whats come before it essentially while still showing that it will hold reverence in the most important aspects to the great mythology that exist. An amalgamation of everything that's great about the character and a much more versatile and detailed display of his powers as well.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #118
dark_b
Side-Kick

i an not afraid of the BO. i am watching a movie for that movie alone. i dont care and dont hope for a a franchise before i see the first movie.

we superman fans are lucky that we even got a new movie so fast. if MOS is good and bombs its not a problem.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #119
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It's not the first franchise picture McG has been attached to that almost changed the entire mythology of a beloved property. In the early aughts, McG was attached to "Flyby," a rebooting of the "Superman" series that, thanks to a boldly different take from screenwriter J.J. Abrams, would have made wholesale changes to the origins of Superman, his home planet Krypton, and his main nemesis Lex Luthor. McG ended up exiting the project when the studio was adamant about shooting in Australia. He blames his fear of flying for being "thrown off" that project, calling it his "rock-bottom" moment, which would eventually lead him to taking on his next film, the plane-crash drama "We Are Marshall," as a catharsis.

McG says no final casting decisions had been made on the film, though he did mention one name that, we admit, we hadn't heard before. "We had Robert Downey Jr. locked up to be Lex Luthor, which I think would have been extraordinary," McG enthused. But his pick for the Big Blue Boyscout is actually much less of a surprise. "Ironically, we liked Henry Cavill a lot, but we hadn’t cast him yet," he says of the actor currently wearing the tights in the upcoming "Man Of Steel." "J.J. wrote the script, and we got that to a really good place in the end," he says of the film, the first in a proposed trilogy. "But I’m to blame for [the film not happening]." While we've heard no shortage of superhero movie casting over the years, the idea of a then-low-key Downey Jr. as Lex Luthor is enough to make us wonder a whole score of what-if fantasies, particularly considering his own subsequent ascension to the top of the A-List following "Iron Man.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...medium=twitter

Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #120
GreenKToo
In the fire

wow!! Downey would have been Lex huh.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #121
dark_b
Side-Kick

could it be that RDJ was in talks like other actors and now MCG is saying that he would be Lex because RDJ is now a popular movie star?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #122
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
could it be that RDJ was in talks like other actors and now MCG is saying that he would be Lex because RDJ is now a popular movie star?
Why do you never believe anything anyone says?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #123
Rockstar
Banned User

RDJ as Lex would be so bad, especially with McG directing and Luthor being a Kryptonian with matrix moves.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #124
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
i belive a lot news.

i belive almost nothing from MCG. i was on SHH when terminator salvation was promoted. MCG lied A LOT

Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #125
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Not necessarily a bad trait. I would say it's worse to just believe everything everybody says.

Closed Thread